PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Time

Swiss Ultimate
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm both glad and dissappointed that I never picked up this series when I was a kid at the library. In retrospect, this would have been much better than all the shit from Piers Anthony I was reading.

So, I'm only a hundred and some change into Eye of the World and I am enthralled. The writing is good without trying to be too "intelligent", the action is well-paced, I care about the characters and the world feels "real" to me.

Robert Jordan dying before finishing the final novel in the series isn't too heartening either but, I've heard that a competent writer with Jordan's outline wrote the last book so at least when I get there it will be satisfying...

So, anyone else read this series?

Swiss Ultimate
08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
*bump* must find someone to talk about this with.

Requiem
08-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Read the first book, and didn't like the way the ending happened, so I didn't continue the series. Maybe I should read it again, but it seemed to happen pretty suddenly and out of the blue, and wasn't explained well enough (or perhaps it was and I just didn't get it), and made me regret reading the book, even though the rest of it was very good and entertaining.

Swiss Ultimate
08-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I own the series though so I might as well finish it.