PDA

View Full Version : NXT's Future

Xero
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
From PWInsider:

The TV schedule at SyFy.com has been updated. SyFy will be airing NXT at 11 PM on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 and at 7 PM on Friday, October 1st, 2010 (right before Smackdown's debut on the network). NXT is not listed on the schedule after the October 1st airing.

As we first reported here on the site, SyFy opted to cancel the series when they picked up Smackdown. There has been no word on a new home for it, although WWE has wanted to keep the show.

Savio
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I like NXT, probably more than I "like" raw.

The Pope
08-19-2010, 01:09 PM
meh

Ermaximus
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Ok then after season 2 ends, just start season 3 right away but only use Dibiase, Steamboat, and Tyler Black.

The Show Off
08-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok then after season 2 ends, just start season 3 right away but only use Dibiase, Steamboat, and Tyler Black.

So Tyler Black will be the person Michael Cole hates for that season. Michael Cole hates the internets

Xero
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Gotta have one.

Savio
08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Cuz joey styles took his jerb!

Shaggy
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I see this going the route of Tough Enough.....soon it will have a tiny slot on Raw or Smackdown and then basically be Internet only..

Its a shame because I loved NXT back when I had cable and now that I had to get rid of cable a few months ago its all I am able to watch since its posted on Hulu and wwe.com

Londoner
08-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Haven't really followed season 2. Mostly cause it seeems like another Vince idea that starts off well, then goes to shit.

Volare
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Cuz joey styles took his jerb!

derk dedurrrr!!

Jeritron
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
It would be nice to see it continue. I was way into the first season, but to be honest I haven't followed season 2 at all.
I guess it kinda feels like after how big they went with the first class, it will be hard for them to match up to that.
Even if it gets canned, I think the experiment was worth it just for the success of the first season and crop.

If they continue with this show they really are going to have to stick with the "1 winner gets a contract" angle, because they can't just be adding 8 guys to the roster every few months.

Volare
08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIzivCJ9pzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIzivCJ9pzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Pope
08-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I think that after the angle, only Barrett and Danielson will stay around.

OWEN ULLRICH
08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I do kinda find NXT to be a lil more entertaining then Raw and SmackDown!

The Pope
08-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I tried watching Smackdown and it was just too Cheesy.

Ermaximus
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Danielson and Barret are locks to stay. Riley, Kaval, and Henning will too. Black, and Dibiase could also find a nice niche on the main roster.

Next Big Thing
08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I like Husky Harris. His interaction with McCool on this weeks episode was pretty funny and he's decent in the ring.

Kane Knight
08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I think that after the angle, only Barrett and Danielson will stay around.

Most of them really don't have "it," so I wouldn't be surprised.

Savio
08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Gabriel will stay as well. Skip too Vince loves big men.

Droford
08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I wonder if NXT could exist in the Superstars timeslot on WGN..?

OWEN ULLRICH
08-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I wonder if NXT could exist in the Superstars timeslot on WGN..?

Good question...Superstars is pretty pointless. i cant remeber the last time i watched it. but im not sure if everyone gets WGN.

Juan
08-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE's developmental territory, issued a press release for an upcoming show acknowledging that there will be an NXT Season Three. The press release is promoting a show on September 5th in Kissimee, Florida and states, "The action packed card will feature 8 matches featuring some of the stars of WWE's NXT Season 2 and 3, along with select Superstars from Raw and Smackdown. The always popular FCW Divas will also be in action."

Fignuts
08-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Tyler Black in season 3

dronepool
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Good question...Superstars is pretty pointless. i cant remeber the last time i watched it. but im not sure if everyone gets WGN.

I never watched it because NYC doesn't get that channel (unless you specifically ask for it, probably)

Droford
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
NXT season 3 should be 8 of the lower ranked guys that never get on the flagship shws or maybe on Superstars and have to prove they have what it takes to stay in the WWE. The wrestler that gets eliminated every week gets Vince to come out and tell them "YOOUURE FIREEEEED!"

Ermaximus
08-19-2010, 09:59 PM
NXT season 3 should be 8 of the lower ranked guys that never get on the flagship shws or maybe on Superstars and have to prove they have what it takes to stay in the WWE. The wrestler that gets eliminated every week gets Vince to come out and tell them "YOOUURE FIREEEEED!"

So Shad, JTG, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Regal, Goldust, Caylen, and Croft?

VSG
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I will miss NXT :'(

Droford
08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
So Shad, JTG, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Regal, Goldust, Caylen, and Croft?

Id give regal and Goldust a pass based on seniority and throw Chris Masters and Zach Ryder in there.

But yeah, something like that.

jskinnyg
08-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I like the show, they could do more, but it will fade away I think...

Evil Vito
08-22-2010, 02:10 PM
<font color=goldenrod>So since it sounds like the program is going on for a third season - may as well take a guess at who will be involved. I DON'T think Tyler Black will be there. Sorta like Danielson last year I don't think his developmental stint officially begins until after his commitments are done (namely dropping the ROH Title on PPV, something WWE wouldn't want to happen if the guy had already debuted on NXT Season 3).

But as far as who probably will be there:

-Hunico or Epico seem to be a safe bet. WWE are said to be aware that Rey's a knee injury away from being gone, so may as well try to market a new masked star. Whoever they pick should probably be mentored by Chavo Guerrero.

-Xavier Woods (aka Consequences Creed) also seems likely. Probably this season's Darren Young/Percy Watson.

-Drake Brewer would be a good fit. He seems to have a good WWE look and has plenty of experience in Japan.

-Mason Ryan. Big guy, which WWE always likes. Current FCW champion, and the FCW champion has been involved in each of the past two seasons. He admitted himself that he's green, but I don't think that would stop WWE from picking him.

-Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman. The FCW Tag Team champions. Just two other guys WWE seem to like. Although NXT is a venue for singles stars, it would be pretty cool if their tag team history actually got brought up.

-Richie Steamboat. Gotta think they'll use another second generation guy. Brett DiBiase is still injured, so Richie can be brought in instead. I'd still pair him up with Ted DiBiase. Steamboat could be a good guy who would clash well with his mentor.

-Still one spot left. But I really don't know enough about the FCW roster. I'll take a completely random guess and say Jinder Mahal, who will of course automatically become a heel due to wearing a turban.

As far as Pros...mostly random guesses here, think they'll go the Season 2 route and pick established midcarders and jobbers:
Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Dolph Ziggler
Evan Bourne
Goldust
JTG
Ted DiBiase
The Miz</font>

BizarroKing
08-22-2010, 02:36 PM
-I think they should give NXT a brief hiatus and THEN bring it back. Doesn't even have to be a long one if they want, maybe a few weeks

-Richie Steamboat is injured as well if I am remembering correctly

-I don't want the Miz back for a 3rd season in a row. Give us some new faces, even if he is a good star

-Tyler Black I heard was going to be in season 3.

-If Brett was doing better, I'd have him be rookie to his brother Ted.

parkmania
08-22-2010, 10:44 PM
<font color=goldenrod>

-Hunico or Epico seem to be a safe bet. WWE are said to be aware that Rey's a knee injury away from being gone, so may as well try to market a new masked star. Whoever they pick should probably be mentored by Chavo Guerrero.

</font>

Then why take Dos Caras out of his mask to become Alberto Del Rio?

YoungFlyFlashy
08-23-2010, 02:03 AM
It'll end up being a webisode.

Jeritron
08-23-2010, 02:14 AM
I wonder if they could get USA, SyFy or another network to pick it up in a deal where it would run as a season for a few months, once a year.
I think it would be better off that way anyways

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Because Del Rio is an extraordinarily handsome man.

I really hope NXT sticks around. I do think that they need to re-evaluate how they deligate time to it, though. Some of those challenges are just embarrassing. I like the ones that actually matter to being a Superstar. Some of the promo stuff is pretty good (I quite enjoy it when they are allowed to talk about whatever they want), and the punching stuff was alright, although it exposed some of the guys (Michael Cole beat them), but for the most part keep it focused on the relationships with the Pros, and on in-ring stuff.

There is still enough talent in FCW to do another season, I think. I've got a feeling Mason Ryan will be there, but he's still very green. Let him spend some more time in FCW, is my advice. The same goes for Richie Steamboat, who could become a great worker, but is still raw potential at the moment. Here is the cast I would go with:

Big E. Langston with Yoshi Tatsu as a Pro
Bo Rotundo with Ted DiBiase as a Pro
Derrick Bateman with Christian as a Pro
Drake Brewer with Big Show as a Pro
Idol Stevens with Goldust as a Pro
Johnny Curtis with Edge as a Pro
Maximus Prime (Lucky Cannon back in a mask, with his identity being unknown) with Jack Swagger as a Pro
Tito Colon with Chavo Guerrero as a Pro

I've left out Xavier Woods, Jinder Mahal and Tyler Black just because I think they'll keep them for a little bit longer to learn the WWE style, and just so there are some bigger players for later seasons. I think Johnny Curtis is a must for this one, as he has been in developmental for ages, and is quite experienced otherwise.

* Big E. Langston sounds like a big guy, even though I haven't seen him work. I'm not sure if he's good or not, but he apparently impresses at FCW shows. For a Pro, I'm not sure who they would go with, but I wouldn't mind seeing him paired with someone like Zack Ryder, who comes back because he wants to prove he can be an effective WWE Pro, but I think they could save that for later, too. I'm just going with Yoshi Tatsu, and they can work through the language barrier.

* Bo Rotundo can show up and try to succeed where his brother failed. For symmetry, they could give him Ted DiBiase as a Pro, and have Legacy each try to turn a Rotundo into the WWE's next breakout star.

* Derrick Bateman was just randomly chosen by me. You could substitute him for Donny Marlow, or any random FCW guy. Or one of the more "established" guys outside of the WWE, like Xavier Woods. I'd like it if they mentioned that he has partnered with Johnny Curtis before. For Bateman and Curtis, I'd like it if they had former (or even current) partners mentor Bateman and Curtis, respectively. Edge could be Curtis' Pro, and Christian could be Bateman's, for example. Otherwise, go with Tyson Kidd mentoring one and David Hart Smith mentoring the other.

* Drake Brewer would be awesome. He's got experience in Japan and such, and I think he's got some size to him. He'd have a likely shot at winning. I'd mark out to see Jericho return as the winning coach of NXT 1 to mentor him, but I'd save the winning coaches returning for the next season. I'm just going with Big Show as a Pro, because people love him, and he doesn't have to do much but work the occasional match and sit on a chair.

* Idol Stevens is a random one, and he's technically been part of the WWE roster before. But I think that would make an interesting story for him -- former WWE Superstar returns to try and reclaim fame. I have a feeling that Goldust will be a part of next season, so why not have these two paired?

* He'll probably change his name, since we have plenty of Johns, and a guy with the first name "Curt" hanging around. My guess is he'll become James Rush, or something random like that. Pair him with Edge and let Christian take Bateman.

* They probably won't bring Lucky Cannon back, but I think it would be pretty funny to see the kid sneak into NXT wearing a mask as a "new, mysterious international talent." In the ring, Cannon isn't meant to be too bad -- and it'd be curious to see him unmasked towards the end of NXT 3. I just plucked the name out of thin air because his FCW name was "Johnny Prime." For a Pro, give him someone that matters. I'd go with Jack Swagger, just because he's not doing as much as he used to be, and is a former World Heavyweight Champion.

* I don't want to see the WWE miss out on bringing Los Aviadores up as a tag team. But Orlando could really pay some dues by competing both as Epico of Los Aviadores and Tito Colon in NXT. Give him Chavo Guerrero as a Pro, and talk about their separate wrestling lineages.

This won't be it, and there are so many other guys they could use in FCW, but I think NXT has got legs to keep going and going.

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2010, 02:21 AM
But here is what I think it will be:

1. Big E. Langston
2. Bo Rotundo (with a different name)
3. Donny Marlow
4. Drake Brewer
5. Johnny Curtis (with a different name)
6. Mason Ryan
7. Tito Colon
8. Xavier Woods

I'd be curious to see Abraham Washington or Byron Saxton return trying their hand at wrestling, too.

Mr. Nerfect
08-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Alright, I've changed my mind again. After reading the latest set of FCW tapings spoilers that FCW were apparently filming, the guys involved there that haven't been on NXT before are:

* Bo Rotundo
* Derrick Bateman
* Epico
* Hunico
* Idol Stevens
* Johnny Curtis
* Mason Ryan
* Richie Steamboat
* Wes Brisco
* Xavier Woods

Is it safe to assume the eight guys will be from that lot? There's also the chance there will be a Diva or whatever, but I think that would just mess up the flow of the show. I hope they don't split up Los Aviadores, but I can see the WWE doing it. I mean, they split up The Rotundos. I could see them calling up Hunico, and leaving Epico to go back to Tito Colon. Or them giving Epico a chance, and then doing Hunico next season after Epico either works or doesn't. Idol Stevens returning as an NXT rookie would be interesting, and they could possibly give him a new name and pretend that he has never been on WWE TV or PPV before and no one would really notice. That's why I'm going to go with the following picks:

1. Aaron Idol (a new name for Idol Stevens)
2. Beautiful Beau (you just know the WWE will give him a shitty name)
3. Derrick Bateman
4. James Brisco (because they can't use his real name)
5. Mason Ryan
6. Richie Steamboat
7. Walt Curtain (Johnny Curtis, because they won't use his real name)
8. Xavier Woods

Now, if I were to assign Pros, I would choose some bigger stars so that NXT gets some attention. I'd go with Big Show, Chris Jericho, Chris Masters (since he's not doing much), Christian, Edge, Evan Bourne, Goldust & Jack Swagger. Goldust can take Bo Rotundo, as it'd be interesting to see Cody Rhodes' brother mentor Husky Harris' brother. Jack Swagger and James Brisco could be together, playing off the story Matt Striker tells of Gerry Brisco being the one who "discovered" Swagger. Richie Steamboat being paired with Chris Jericho would be like a dream for me -- especially given the history that now exists between Jericho and Ricky Steamboat. Christian can have Derrick Bateman and Edge can take Walt Curtain, playing the FCW Tag Team Champs off against each other. Big Show and Mason Ryan seem like a natural pairing, but there's probably more intrigue in them being on opposite sides of the ring at some point. Evan Bourne can mentor Mason Ryan, giving them a big man/little man dynamic. That leaves Show and Chris Masters left with Xavier Woods and Aaron Idol left to choose from. Give Idol to Masters, and essentially have them play the same gimmick but on different sides of the cockiness spectrum, and Show can take Woods under his wing. But more realistically, I can't see them putting Edge in there, or Jericho in there again. Swap them out for Matt Hardy (Walt Curtain) and The Miz (Richie Steamboat).

Evil Vito
08-31-2010, 05:30 PM
<font color=goldenrod>So it sounds like they are going with 4 men and 4 women this season. That sucks. But there are only like 4 women in developmental anyway (all of whom wrestled on the show taped by ScyFy)...plus AJ Lee is hot.

My official guesses then:

-AJ Lee
-Aksana
-Derrick Bateman
-Johnny Curtis
-Liviana
-Naomi Night
-Richie Steamboat
-Xavier Woods

I was really tempted to put Mason Ryan there, but I figure he's someone who would make more sense to debut as a monster on Raw or SD. I figure they'll have a second generation guy and Steamboat makes the most sense there I think. Woods is in cause he has enough experience to head right into the main show.</font>