PDA

View Full Version : Skip Sheffield Injured

Xero
08-19-2010, 10:49 PM
From PWInsider:

A source close to the situation has told us that the early word is that Skip Sheffield suffered a broken bone in his leg last night in Hawaii. It's very possible he will need surgery. We will post more as we hear it.

Droford
08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
The Nexus is just Wade Barrett in the end.

Snowden
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Say hello to the newest member of the Nexus...Husky Harris.

They'll need muscle, and considering Sheffield is so important to the group, they need to replace him.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope that this doesn't completely derail Skip Sheffield. I mean, Nexus will be fine. The WWE is high on the guys. They will probably need muscle (Husky Harris or Eli Cottonwood seems like a natural addition to the group), but I hope that they don't forget about Sheffield. The guy is a monster, and he hasn't actually been that bad in the ring. He's not great, but he's got presence and doesn't fuck up much. Unless it's his leg.

They could probably have Darren Young take out Sheffield or something. Or he's the next to get kicked out of Nexus (although it will be hard without him being able to work). I'd just go with Sheffield being taken out, and Nexus needing to recover with only five members.

teamXtremist
08-19-2010, 11:42 PM
hes done for a bit

YoungFlyFlashy
08-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Get'em to a doctor, get the cast, and have him do tv with a cast to keep face value up.

Savio
08-19-2010, 11:51 PM
:(

XCaliber
08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Geez it's looking more and more that this Nexus thing isn't meant to be.

dronepool
08-20-2010, 12:20 AM
At least RAW is taped this week. He has a week to get a cast and maybe pull something off.

Aguakate
08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
...speaking of injuries, whatever happened to Ezekiel Jackson?

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2010, 12:33 AM
He's injured.

Aguakate
08-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I know, but he's been out for a WHILE.

No mention of him even in terms of rumors.

jskinnyg
08-20-2010, 12:50 AM
skip won't matter...

Tom Guycott
08-20-2010, 03:45 AM
... maybe he put too much "pep in his step, yep yep yep"?

They could probably have Darren Young take out Sheffield or something.

There are opportunities abound with where DY can go from here, aren't there?

Geez it's looking more and more that this Nexus thing isn't meant to be.

Maybe it is just the opening needed for someone else to step up and get exposure, like the Rotunda everyone keeps clamoring for. Except for Barrett, the entire Nexus is interchangable. You know, like the nWo black & white jobber patrol. Any nobody or even established star could come in, wear an N shirt and armband combo, and get the rub just from association.

Brock
08-20-2010, 07:34 AM
he must put a tattoo to make him real scary... his eyes! his voice and his dominance.. can make him to the top..

but his a brock lesnar wanna be.. with his "THE NEXT BIGGEST THING" identity..

Londoner
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
oh well

Droford
08-20-2010, 09:38 AM
I wonder if when he comes back he'll be Limp London

Rammsteinmad
08-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Sucks for him. Hopefully he can still appear on TV in a cast. I like the guy. :(

bigslimjj
08-20-2010, 12:16 PM
They could go get Eli Cottonwood and do like a Sid Vicious horsemen thing. They could have A-RI come in as winner of NXT2 and try a power struggle for control of NEXUS(A la Rock with the Nation).Husky harris would work as well. Or they can just tell us Skip's hurt and run with five instead. There are many options that would work. Options that the WWE will of course screw up booking.

addy2hotty
08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Broken ankle apparently. Not sure they'll have him appearing with crutches.

I kinda pictured him and Otunga winning the tag titles soon.

Shame.

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Fuck Batista v2 is down? Hmmm, my guess he'll input some cheat and get a title shot on his return.

Next Big Thing
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Something on Skip's wikipedia page doesn't seem right... hmmm. Nothing like the Cenation taking to the internets.

Team Sheep
08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Hated Skip Sheffield during NXT as the goofy dumbass. But since Nexus came about I've loved him. Definitely gotta be the #2 to Barrett. He's a monster, gutted he's out for a while.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Open Homosexual, no wonder he never got a push after Tough Enough.

Joesgonnakillyou
08-20-2010, 08:22 PM
A shame, not the best in the ring but REALLY versatile. I found him pretty funny as the goofball in NXT (His interactions with Regal were great) and really came into his own with the nexus.

crusnik
08-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Fuck Batista v2 is down? Hmmm, my guess he'll input some cheat and get a title shot on his return.

At least i'm not the only one who is reminded of Batsista after they see Skip .They'll prolly either have him come out on cruthes or in a cast ,or go and replace him and then go after nexus for doing it.(maybe join Danielson):y:

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I've thought about it some more, and here is how I would book his absence:

The Nexus comes out on RAW and talks about how they weeded Darren Young from the group, because he was "the weakest link," and made the Nexus look like fools. Wade Barrett then turns to Skip Sheffield (appearing on crutches). "And you...you got injured in a tag team match against The Hart Dynasty in the WWE's tour of the Pacific." Sheffield can then protest "We won the match! We'll get a title shot." Wade Barrett then tells Sheffield he's wounded and dragging the pack down, and he won't get his shot. The Nexus then stomp the crap out of Sheffield, and he's out of the group.

Then, when he is medically cleared, you can have him and Darren Young return as a sort of "anti-Nexus" force.

Evil Vito
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Here's how I'd do it. Skip is written off camera. The Nexus mention that he was brutally beaten over the weekend. Eli Cottonwood and Husky Harris come out and claim that WWE screwed them over on NXT and that they want in. To prove it, they took out the Nexus' biggest guy. The Nexus allows them in (which sets up for an eventual return for Skip as a face).

Over time - we see a couple other guys Season Two join the Nexus - Season Two runner-up Alex Riley (who is convinced it's WWE's fault that he lost). Season Two winner Kaval uses his NXT Title shot to challenge US champion Daniel Bryan on PPV. Regardless of result, Kaval ultimately feels sick of all the attention Bryan gets when he feels he deserves it too. As such, he joins the Nexus.

Bryan pulls together his own team, including exiled former Nexus members Darren Young and Skip Sheffield. The other 4 Season Two guys join his cause as well. The last piece comes to fruition when Justin Gabriel grows tired of the Nexus and refuses to do a 450, showing remorse.

16-Man Elimination Tag at Survivor Series to blow-off the feud: Daniel Bryan, Skip Sheffield, Justin Gabriel, Darren Young, Percy Watson, Michael McGillicutty, Lucky Cannon, and Titus O'Neil vs. Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Michael Tarver, Kaval, Alex Riley, Eli Cottonwood, and Husky Harris</font>

Evil Vito
08-23-2010, 12:52 PM
<font color=goldenrod><i>As previously noted, Nexus member Skip Sheffield did suffer an injury at the WWE house show in Honolulu, Hawaii. Sheffield suffered a broken ankle in two places, front and back, and also broke his leg. Sheffield ruptured a ligament up his left calf from the impact of the break. The injuries occurred on a dropkick, as Sheffield’s left foot got stuck in the mat. Despite the injury, Sheffield did finish his comeback. The estimated recovery time is six months.</i>

http://www.gerweck.net/2010/08/22/update-on-skip-sheffield/

6 months? Damn. I can't see the Nexus still being around in February.

Definitely gonna have to bulk up the group. A stable of Barrett, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, and Tarver doesn't exactly look like a group that will threaten the very foundation of WWE.</font>

Vastardikai
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I think Skip should take as much time as he needs to fully heal. No need to get hooked on pain killers.

Next Big Thing
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
<font color=goldenrod><i>As previously noted, Nexus member Skip Sheffield did suffer an injury at the WWE house show in Honolulu, Hawaii. Sheffield suffered a broken ankle in two places, front and back, and also broke his leg. Sheffield ruptured a ligament up his left calf from the impact of the break. The injuries occurred on a dropkick, as Sheffield’s left foot got stuck in the mat. Despite the injury, Sheffield did finish his comeback. The estimated recovery time is six months.</i>

http://www.gerweck.net/2010/08/22/update-on-skip-sheffield/

6 months? Damn. I can't see the Nexus still being around in February.

Definitely gonna have to bulk up the group. A stable of Barrett, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, and Tarver doesn't exactly look like a group that will threaten the very foundation of WWE.</font>

Now is the time for HHH to step in as the puppet master.

bigslimjj
08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Now is the time for HHH to step in as the puppet master.

yup.:y:

XL
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Why not just have one of the WWE guys "take out" Skip? I think I'd prefer that to another Nexus beatdown.

FourFifty
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Say hello to the newest member of the Nexus...Husky Harris.

They'll need muscle, and considering Sheffield is so important to the group, they need to replace him.

And that's not a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing!