PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WWE Hall of Fame

Mr. C
08-22-2010, 12:00 AM
I’ll start the discussion on the 2011 Hall of Fame.

My predictions:

Jake Roberts
Owen Hart
Randy Savage
Shawn Michaels
Sting (if retired)
The Ultimate Warrior
Vader

VSG
08-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Saw the first name, lol'd and thought no more.

Seriously, its rumoured to be WCW centric so Arn Anderson, Bill Goldberg and probably Vader are more likely. HBK should be the major inductee for sure though.

taker707
08-22-2010, 12:28 AM
with it being WCW centered im thinking macho finnaly gets the nod . my reasoning he was a WCW guy and the whole Comic-Con thing makes me think things are patching up

EdgeHeadSince08
08-22-2010, 04:03 AM
I disagree, cause they were too "well-known" wrestlers.

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Its in my city of Atlanta, so you know Goldberg, (maybe) Sting. Arn. and it would be GREAT if HBK went in. Man, I'd LOVE to see that.

Spaff
08-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Its in my city of Atlanta, so you know Goldberg, (maybe) Sting. Arn. and it would be GREAT if HBK went in. Man, I'd LOVE to see that.

You deserve the taste slapped out of your mouth son. You are definetly younger than 16, would lay my life on it.

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 05:46 AM
You deserve the taste slapped out of your mouth son. You are definetly younger than 16, would lay my life on it.

Lol, definitely older than 16.

Brock
08-22-2010, 06:20 AM
1.goldberg
2.shawn michaels
3.ron simmons
4.vader

Rammsteinmad
08-22-2010, 06:43 AM
It would be cool to see Sting, not sure about the whole 'WWE' or 'Overall Wrestling' hall of fame status, but it's the close we're ever likely to get of Sting in WWE.

Nicky Fives
08-22-2010, 07:14 AM
1.goldberg
2.shawn michaels
3.ron simmons
4.vader

Add Arn Anderson to that and I completely agree

BizarroKing
08-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm thinking:

1-Sting if he's done with TNA
2-Goldberg
3-Tony Schiavone
4 and 5-Rick and Scott Steiner
6-Ron Simmons
7-Vader possibly
8-Missy Hyatt
and 9-Arn Anderson (if they inducted the whole Four Horsemen, it'd be cool :D)

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Jake Roberts is a fuck up and it's highly unlikely WWE would want to be associated with him in his current state.

I think it's too soon for Shawn. I have a feeling they might wait it out until Nash leaves the trash known as TNA and then do some sort of clique themed HOF.

Owen Hart is a no go due to Martha Hart.

Vince will not put in a wrestler who has never worked for him or jobbed to HHH, so Sting is out.

Since it's in Atlanta Vince will likely have it be WCW centered:
1) DDP
2) Arn Anderson
3) Vader
4) Bill Goldberg
5) They'll probably also acknowledge Jim Crockett
6) Ron Simmons

FourFifty
08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm banking on it being WCW themed, but not dominated by the theme, so here's my pick.

1. Macho Man Randy Savage
This icon of wresting cannot be contained to WWE or WCW. He would be a great top tier person to help promote a WCW theme, but keep it WWE based.

2. Arn Anderson
He's become a face that WWE fans have grown to like, and an icon WCW fans love. Once again, not being strictly on either side of the fence.

3. Goldberg
Albeit he should be number 2, I'm putting him at number 3 due to his experience. He was the biggest flash in the pan the industry has seen in a while.

4. Ron Simmons
The first black dude to win a major singles title is nothing to laugh at. It was an accomplishment and a half. They'll just touch on his time with WCW and focus on his time with WWE.

5. Vader
If you need anyone to give you a reason to put Vader into the Hall of Fame, you're an idiot.

6. DDP
His name can still put asses in seats, and unlike everyone else his focus will be on WCW.

7. Jim Crockett
Much WWE putting the founders of WCCW and AWA in the Hall of Fame, Jim Crockett is going in there some day, and hopefully it'll be at this Atlanta Hall of Fame.

<strike>8. Sting
If it's WCW themed then of course they have to put Sting in there! He is the HBK of WCW. The Undertaker of WCW. He's the mainstay that helped keep WCW alive during hard times!</strike>
There is no chance in hell WWE will put Sting into the Hall of Fame any time soon. At best he'll get a "rest in peace" nod after he passes away. TNA could still sign Sting and the last thing WWE needs is another WWE hall of famer wrestling for TNA, let alone one that can still wrestle. Yes, it's a damn shame, however I'm sure Sting thinks nothing of it.

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Jake Roberts is a fuck up and it's highly unlikely WWE would want to be associated with him in his current state.

I think it's too soon for Shawn. I have a feeling they might wait it out until Nash leaves the trash known as TNA and then do some sort of clique themed HOF.

Owen Hart is a no go due to Martha Hart.

Vince will not put in a wrestler who has never worked for him or jobbed to HHH, so Sting is out.

Since it's in Atlanta Vince will likely have it be WCW centered:
1) DDP
2) Arn Anderson
3) Vader
4) Bill Goldberg
5) They'll probably also acknowledge Jim Crockett
6) Ron Simmons

I highly HIGHLY doubt the E would do a clique themed induction ceremony. Highly.

HBPunk
08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
1. Hulk Hogan (again)
2. Mr. Kennedy
3. Dixie Carter
4. Stacy Carter

BizarroKing
08-22-2010, 01:17 PM
1. Hulk Hogan (again)
2. Mr. Kennedy
3. Dixie Carter
4. Stacy Carter

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SX3JnUhTaE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SX3JnUhTaE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I highly HIGHLY doubt the E would do a clique themed induction ceremony. Highly.

Nash and Vince have a decent relationship. Hunter is his son in law and Shawn was the son/ manlover Vince never had. If those three wanted it to happen it would happen. Hell if Hunter alone wanted it to happen it would happen.

Providence Peep
08-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Of course HBK should go in, and it's only a matter of time before he does, but why would he go in with all WCW guys? If it's a WCW-themed year, it should be ALL WCW guys.

Cuse8
08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
vader
steiner brothers
ron simmons
arn anderson

TripleHFan4Life
08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
My Guess for 2011 Wwe Hall of Fame are:

Shawn Michales
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Randy Savage
Golberg
Owen Hart
Arn Anderson

Xero
08-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Shawn Michales
Randy Savage
Golberg
Owen Hart
Arn Anderson

You just blew three headliners in one year.

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Nash and Vince have a decent relationship. Hunter is his son in law and Shawn was the son/ manlover Vince never had. If those three wanted it to happen it would happen. Hell if Hunter alone wanted it to happen it would happen.

Right, but you don't think, after EVERYTHING Shawn has been through with the company and Vince, they wouldn't want him to go in by his self? I just see him being the headliner to get inducted, and I dont think the E would allow anything else to take place because of it.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 05:52 PM

Shawn Michales
Randy Savage
Golberg
Owen Hart
Arn Anderson

Worst first impression ever.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Right, but you don't think, after EVERYTHING Shawn has been through with the company and Vince, they wouldn't want him to go in by his self? I just see him being the headliner to get inducted, and I dont think the E would allow anything else to take place because of it.

Shawn could definitely headline by himself... but I'd be willing to bet WWE could sell out an arena rather than a banquette hall if it was clique themed. And as far as ratings go, most people would probably watch the whole show if it was clique themed rather than DVR it so they could watch it later and fast forward it to Shawn's speech.

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Shawn could definitely headline by himself... but I'd be willing to bet WWE could sell out an arena rather than a banquette hall if it was clique themed. And as far as ratings go, most people would probably watch the whole show if it was clique themed rather than DVR it so they could watch it later and fast forward it to Shawn's speech.

If they did clique themed it would really just be Razor, HBK and Nash right? I doubt Xpac is going in, and Trips isnt finished yet. It just seems like, while the hardcore fan knows who the Kliq is, the new generation doesn't really, and won't identify it, whereas, with Shawn, EVERYONE will identify, and EVERYONE will tune in.

I dont know, I just think Shawn is going to be a headliner for the HoF and the E won't let there be any "themes" to over shadow it, especially if it seems somewhat forced.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
If they did clique themed it would really just be Razor, HBK and Nash right? I doubt Xpac is going in, and Trips isnt finished yet. It just seems like, while the hardcore fan knows who the Kliq is, the new generation doesn't really, and won't identify it, whereas, with Shawn, EVERYONE will identify, and EVERYONE will tune in.

I dont know, I just think Shawn is going to be a headliner for the HoF and the E won't let there be any "themes" to over shadow it, especially if it seems somewhat forced.

I think you're a little off base with your idea that the "hardcore" fans would be the only people able to identify. It's the equivalent WWE not bringing Bret Hart back because the new generation never saw him wrestle. If the fans know about the Monday Night Wars and the NWO... which they do... then they know what Hall and Nash accomplished. And for the 9 year old Cena marks... one video package of Shawn and Diesel; Shawn and Razor's ladder matches; the Madison Square Garden "Incident"; and then Hall and Nash popping up in WCW would be enough.

You're absolutely right in that Shawn will likely go in by himself, from a viewer's perspective I think them going in together would be more entertaining and likely benefit WWE more than them going in separate.

Xero
08-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I think you're a little off base with your idea that the "hardcore" fans would be the only people able to identify. It's the equivalent WWE not bringing Bret Hart back because the new generation never saw him wrestle. If the fans know about the Monday Night Wars and the NWO... which they do... then they know what Hall and Nash accomplished. And for the 9 year old Cena marks... one video package of Shawn and Diesel; Shawn and Razor's ladder matches; the Madison Square Garden "Incident"; and then Hall and Nash popping up in WCW would be enough.

You're absolutely right in that Shawn will likely go in by himself, from a viewer's perspective I think them going in together would be more entertaining and likely benefit WWE more than them going in separate.

I disagree that it would benefit WWE more, only because Michaels and Hunter are two that need to headline. If you combine them, you get one big year instead of two big years. Put Hall and Nash in with one or the other, but Michaels and Hunter need to be separate just from a headliner perspective.

This wouldn't have been a problem if WWE didn't blow a lot of guys in the first few years of the HOF coming back.

Providence Peep
08-22-2010, 08:24 PM
On a different note, does anyone else see a problem with Bob Uecker getting in before The Rock?

Shadrick
08-22-2010, 08:32 PM

I feel you, but we know Bret Hart by name. How often is the Kliq referenced by name? Of course I personally would LOVE that, but Shawns gotta headline, and on top of that, it just doesn't seem plausible in the E nowadays. Maybe 8 years ago but not now.

FourFifty
08-22-2010, 08:41 PM
I think if they wanted Sting in the Hall of Fame they'd give him a contract to NOT be on TV with any company except WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm actually surprised a lot of the people who have been mentioned are not in yet. Arn Anderson should definitely go in. He won't be the big name, but he'd add a fair bit of legitimacy to it. Even though it was probably just for the angle, Drew McIntyre mentioning that he was pushing Theodore Long's name to go forward is something that makes me want to see him go in. Ron Simmons going in as the first black World Champion would be awesome, too. They need a big headliner. Would they put Randy Savage in? I can see Goldberg going in.

The Road Warriors apparently aren't in yet. They deserve to be in there as a team. Jim Crockett should go in as a promoter, especially with it being in Atlanta. I'm surprised someone like Gory Guerrero hasn't been put in yet, either. DDP is a guy that could be put in. Why not? He's still got some name value, I guess. Plus he was just visiting at SummerSlam. I could also see them adding a definitive female, too. As silly as this sounds, why not Sunny, Trish Stratus or even Lita?

Vader deserves to go in, but he has a contract with those Florida guys.

So a random Hall of Fame 2011 list:

1. Goldberg
2. Arn Anderson
3. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Gory Guerrero
5. Ron Simmons
6. The Road Warriors
7. Theodore R. Long
8. Jim Crockett
9. Trish Stratus

Mr. C
11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Goldberg
Randy Savage
Ron Simmons
Shawn Michaels
The Ultimate Warrior
Vader

MoFo
11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
You are forgetting the format of their HOF, they dont induct a cluster of main eventers at once each year, its usually a huge star, couple of midcarders, tag team, manager and celebrity.

So going by that, Goldberg, Ron Simmonds, Lex Luger, Harlem Heat & a manager would be realistic if they are going with a WCW theme.

Jordan
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Randy Savage
The Steiner Brothers
Ron Simmons
Jim Crockett

Attitude99
11-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Randy Savage willl never ever come into the hall of fame

Xero
11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Randy Savage willl never ever come into the hall of fame

Honestly, at this point, it's a possibility. He's had the DVD and now has the figure deal. He's a lot closer to WWE now than he was for the past 15+ years.

The fact that the DVD wasn't a burial should be an indication that they're on okay terms at worst.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Vance Archer.

Nightwing
11-22-2010, 05:43 PM
If WCW themed like rumored

Goldberg
Luger
Road Warriors
Tully & Arn
Jim Crockett
Random WCW announcer

Throw in Sting over Goldie if he isnt in TNA still at the time.

Vastardikai
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
My theory:

Sting or Goldberg (depending on whether or not Sting accepts)
Arn Anderson
Ron Simmons
Jim Crockette
Road Warriors
Jim Crockett
"Pistol" Pez Whatley (sp?) :shifty: (I mean shit, they inducted Johnny Rodz)

1up
11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I think it's about time we had the following into the HOF

Owen Hart
British Bulldog

These two are icons...

The Bulldogs feud with Owen was amazing..
Over the European championship.

Xero
11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Owen will never happen.

1up
11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
1. Hulk Hogan (again) (Hogan is dead and gone)
2. Mr. Kennedy (Ha Ha, He's done nothing for the company)
3. Dixie Carter (You do know this is a WWE Hall of Fame right?)
4. Stacy Carter (Fuck lame)

Seth82
11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see Sting and Lex Luger go in next year

Xero
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
@1up I see you've met HBPunk.

Loose Cannon
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
how the fuck aren't Hawk and Animal in yet?

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
They won't put more than one big main eventer in. They need to budget those top guys to headline the crop of inductions every year.

taker707
11-24-2010, 02:54 AM
1 luger
2 savage - headliner
3 missy hyatt or sunny - manager
4-5 Steiners- tagteam
6 arn
7 ron simmons
8 arquette- Celebrity ( really hope im wrong on this )

Gertner
11-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Wow, you can't get anything past 1up.

Vastardikai
11-24-2010, 03:39 PM
My theory:

Sting or Goldberg (depending on whether or not Sting accepts)
Arn Anderson
Ron Simmons
Jim Crockette
Road Warriors
Jim Crockett
"Pistol" Pez Whatley (sp?) :shifty: (I mean shit, they inducted Johnny Rodz)

LOL on the double induction of Crockett (and Crockette). Replace the more worthless Crockette with either Randy Anderson, Nick Patrick, or Brian Hildebrandt. As referees don't get their due. But are tough guys.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LX3hnt3rFdY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LX3hnt3rFdY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>