PDA

View Full Version : Think TNA going live on Thursdays will make Smackdown go live?

Next Big Thing
09-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the show has surpassed Superstars and NXT in ratings (tough task I know) but if they're flag ship show is live on Thursdays and starts to do numbers comparable to Smackdown, would that be enough to get Vinny Mack's competitive juices flowing again and maybe take Smackdown live/ start "evaluating" TNA's talent for future inclusion in the WWE Universe.

Volare
09-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Smackdown has better wrestling than TNA, and they will for awhile to come. Vince could probably give two shits about what TNA does now since they've had all these "surprises" and either they had no impact (pun intended) or they pulled em back (changing to Mondays, then changing back to Thursdays).

Next Big Thing
09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Smackdown has better wrestling than TNA, and they will for awhile to come. Vince could probably give two shits about what TNA does now since they've had all these "surprises" and either they had no impact (pun intended) or they pulled em back (changing to Mondays, then changing back to Thursdays).

I thought for awhile Vince didn't give a shit either. But if you look at it, the Divas championship came out right as the Knockouts Division was at its peak. Also Laycool is a blatant rip off of the Beautiful People and it seems like Gail Kim was hired just to get her out of that division so he's paying attention on that front at least.

Mooияakeя™
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought SD was going like on Friday's over there?

Xero
09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
It won't start doing numbers comparable to SmackDown!. SmackDown! averages about a 2, and going live isn't going to magically double TNA's numbers because that many people read spoilers.

And even then, they're not head to head, so it's moot anyway.

Xero
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I thought for awhile Vince didn't give a shit either. But if you look at it, the Divas championship came out right as the Knockouts Division was at its peak. Also Laycool is a blatant rip off of the Beautiful People and it seems like Gail Kim was hired just to get her out of that division so he's paying attention on that front at least.

Vince gives a shit about TNA. Believe me, he's been watching them for years now, at the very least in a "give me a one page review of TNA" type of way. The fact of the matter is that he doesn't have to worry about them right now, because they don't have their shit together.

And when WWE has their shit together more than someone else, something is terribly, terribly wrong with that other company.

erickman
09-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Vince gives a shit about TNA. Believe me, he's been watching them for years now, at the very least in a "give me a one page review of TNA" type of way. The fact of the matter is that he doesn't have to worry about them right now, because they don't have their shit together.

And when WWE has their shit together more than someone else, something is terribly, terribly wrong with that other company.

to tell the truth i think he likes having them around, it keeps the gov from hitting him with anti trust, an forcing a union on him. also gives a place for wrestlers he has no ideas for a place to go an he does not feel as bad fireing them. also he can steal ideas from them if they have a good one.