PDA

View Full Version : would you hate Jericho if he was booked like Cena?

Swiss Ultimate
09-09-2010, 09:25 AM
...I probably wouldn't. :nono:

I'm a fucking hypocrite.

Xero
09-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Depends if it trickled down to his in-ring work. If he was no-selling everything and was constrained to the Cena moveset, yeah, I probably would.

I KNOW I would if he was cutting Cena-esq promos, too.

I don't hate Cena, I just hate the way he's booked.

Swiss Ultimate
09-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I honestly think I wouldn't care if he no-selled everything.

Snowden
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I would probably enjoy the shit out of it for a month or so, then get bored really quickly.

Of course, this assumes that Jericho wouldn't just win, he'd "overcome" the odds, and change his promo style drastically.

jerichoholicninja
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
If Jericho was the same on the mic and in the ring but buried everyone and never lost I don't think I would hate him like I hate Cena but I would probably get bored of him.

Rammsteinmad
09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Hell no!

In fact, this is a new direction I feel WWE should consider taking.

Lock Jaw
09-09-2010, 10:25 AM
If he was a face, then yeah. If he was heel, then no.

Nicky Fives
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
If he was a face, then yeah. If he was heel, then no.

This..... Jericho is 1,000,000 times better in the ring and he could make me buy the fact that he's unstoppable because of his superior ring skills....

Londoner
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Depends if it trickled down to his in-ring work. If he was no-selling everything and was constrained to the Cena moveset, yeah, I probably would.

I KNOW I would if he was cutting Cena-esq promos, too.

Damn you for always saying what i want to say. :mad:

Kane Knight
09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
The IWC would by and large fap due to the rampant hypocrisy.

TazFTW86
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Like the heel character, but i dunno. I rather see funny WCW/WWE debut Jericho being booked like Cena. How about that Ass Clowns??

jskinnyg
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Hell no!

In fact, this is a new direction I feel WWE should consider taking.

:y::y::y::yes::yes:

XCaliber
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
As far as booking probably not but as for everything other aspect of Cena then yes I definetly would.

bigslimjj
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes. But Jericho would never do that. He is so much more talented then Cena. He doesn't need the written interviews. He changes moves from match to match. He doesn't wear jean shorts. He's not Superman,thank GOD. Maybe more like Cyclops.

Xero
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes. But Jericho would never do that. He is so much more talented then Cena. He doesn't need the written interviews. He changes moves from match to match. He doesn't wear jean shorts. He's not Superman,thank GOD. Maybe more like Cyclops.

But what if he was told to adopt that? What if he was told to go out there, have formulaic matches, make poop jokes and have exactly 3 different promos?

Slow
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
But what if he was told to adopt that? What if he was told to go out there, have formulaic matches, make poop jokes and have exactly 3 different promos?

What does it matter? He's Chris Jericho. We all know who and what he is, what he's done...

Once again, he's Chris Jericho. You can't hate him, no matter what they made him do

Volare
09-09-2010, 01:16 PM

I hope you mean Cyclops from the comic and NOT from the Movie. Cyclops in the movie was a pussy whipped bitch, and Jericho is no where near that.

Majunior
09-09-2010, 01:16 PM
He's not Superman,thank GOD. Maybe more like Cyclops.

Actually, I always thought of him more as Taskmaster. Yes, he really is THAT good at everything he does. But for whatever reason, he often isn't used the way he should be, or to his fullest, and is usually not as big a name outside of fans.

Taskmaster, while an awesome character, has rarely been used in any big way. Even though he's a very credible threat to most characters, he's never been used as that major threat that he could (should) be. Also, outside of his fans, most people overlook him.

Jericho, while always hovering just outside of main event, too often seems to be used beneath his ability. He could be the nigh-unstoppable force in a believable way due to his skill. But he doesn't often get treatment like that. And he tends to not be well liked, outside of his fans (the IWC, anyone with half a brain).

Ok, total nerd moment over.

Xero
09-09-2010, 01:21 PM
What does it matter? He's Chris Jericho. We all know who and what he is, what he's done...

Once again, he's Chris Jericho. You can't hate him, no matter what they made him do

Shitty booking, for me at least, overrides any biases I have for wrestlers. If Jericho was exactly what Cena is right now, I would hate him (the character) and not want to see him on my television.

Swiss Ultimate
09-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I do think that Jericho could play that character better and with more charisma.

bigslimjj
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
But what if he was told to adopt that? What if he was told to go out there, have formulaic matches, make poop jokes and have exactly 3 different promos?I think he would quit honestly. At least I'd hope so....lol

Savio
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM

Lock Jaw
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Would people genuinely hate The Miz (if you don't already) in DWW?!

Emperor Smeat
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Depends on how much change Jericho does and if he would be a face or a heel since a powerful heel can be very useful in building up new wrestlers but not Triple H 2002-2004 heel-level since that hurt more than it helped.

If as a face he basically watered-downed to what Cena is right now in terms of wrestling and promos, it would get stale very fast since every match would have the same routine or setup promos.

If he gets to keep the same type of wrestling and promos as he currently does, I wouldn't hate him mainly because that same type of comedy/seriousness promos and great wrestling is what made me a fan of him ever since his WCW days.

Kane Knight
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Cena doesn't need written interviews. He used to change his moves from match to match. He used to not wear jean shorts.

I love how people act like 5 moves of doom is something that's new to the business, or Cena exclusive, or whatever.

bigslimjj
09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Cena doesn't need written interviews. He used to change his moves from match to match. He used to not wear jean shorts.

I love how people act like 5 moves of doom is something that's new to the business, or Cena exclusive, or whatever.i just watched an old match of his recently.It was on a ppv, before the rap gimmick. I actually only saw like 3 different moves, one being a terrible cross body. lol. It's not the gimmick, it's the man. Jericho is the master of 1001 holds(Prolly true) and was trained by the Hart's. His mic skills are maybe the best of all time. Cena is an ex body builder. He's packaged charisma and bad delivery on the mike, even when he was rapping. Listen to his "Album" if you need proof.

Swiss Ultimate
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
i just watched an old match of his recently.It was on a ppv, before the rap gimmick. I actually only saw like 3 different moves, one being a terrible cross body. lol. It's not the gimmick, it's the man. Jericho is the master of 1001 holds(Prolly true) and was trained by the Hart's. His mic skills are maybe the best of all time. Cena is an ex body builder. He's packaged charisma and bad delivery on the mike, even when he was rapping. Listen to his "Album" if you need proof.

He started out pretty green, true, but he is not without talent.

bigslimjj
09-09-2010, 06:15 PM
He started out pretty green, true, but he is not without talent.I agree.I saw some things in OVW from him that were much different,and much better. I thought the wrestlers still got to call their own matches for the most part. Is everything in WWE scripted to death now? Like I mean, wrestlers move sets and all?

Dorkchop
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Jericho can't be booked exactly like Cena because Jericho is a great worker who doesn't have bad matches. He would lose appeal if he was booked to always win and no sell everything though. What makes Jericho Jericho (and guys like Benoit, Eddie, Bret Hart) is that he can make anyone look good and keep credibility. Cena has shown that he's willing to make guys look strong, but he never does the job. Jericho could lose cleanly to Barry Horrowitz and still win the the title a week later

Next Big Thing
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't like the way Cena is booked at all, but I wish people would stop complaining about his moveset or lack thereof as if it's the death of wrestling.

Before Austin, Hogan was the biggest thing in the history of wrestling. What was Hulk known for? When it came to promos he said "brother" a lot and told kids to say their prayers and eat their vitamins. And moves? Point, Bodyslam, leg drop, pose.

Cena is fine for what he is and works well as the top face of the company. He just needs to be booked to come off a little more vulnerable.

It doesn't matter how great on the mic or in the ring a guy is, if he's continually pulling wins out of his ass and making his opponents look like clowns it will get old.

Innovator
09-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Cena should break out the Prototype rewind

Next Big Thing
09-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Cena should break out the Prototype rewind

They should have Darren Young go on a hilarious losing streak where he comes so close but never pulls off the win. Then have him one day discover Cena's old "Protoype" tapes and start studying them.

Then have Young start mowing through people and develop an unhealthy obsession with Cena and overtaking him. Ha! They could have a match at Summer Slam ala Taker vs. Taker.

El Fangel
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Jericho was never a wigger at any point in his career, so no.

CSL
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
If Jericho was booked like Cena, this forum would be filled with people talking about how great Vince is, how excellent the booking is, how good the product is, how WWE are 'finally getting it together', how it's 'the best thing since the Attitude era' etc etc.

Perry Saturn
09-09-2010, 10:20 PM
If Jericho was the same on the mic and in the ring but buried everyone and never lost I don't think I would hate him like I hate Cena but I would probably get bored of him.

:y:

rated rjo
09-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't complain, then again I don't hate the way Cena is booked either. I just hate that he is forced to use a limited moveset.

djoutcry
09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
You can't hate Jericho, it's like hating Purple Kool-Aid