PDA

View Full Version : Create your own gimmick match

BizarroKing
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought we'd have a little fun here. With all the different gimmick matches we have today, come up with your own gimmick match. It could be a combination of gimmick matches or just something off the top of your head, and it can make sense or be completely ridiculous (aka Russo territory)

Here's one of mine: House Of Pain match-A hell in a cell match with a smaller steel cage inside of it where the wrestlers fight each other inside. This way, it's even harder for interference than in a regular hell in a cell or steel cage match.
this is different than the infamous Kennel from Hell match, as in no dogs (obviously) and the two fight just to win. The only way to win is to pin your opponent inside the ring.

So what will you come up with?

Lock Jaw
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Gouging, Burning, Slashing Match Where You Can Get Burned And Possibly Really Really Hurt (GBSMWYCGBAPRRH for short):

Inside a hell in a cell. The metal of the cell is heated up to burn upon contact. The ropes are replaced with barbed wire. Furthermore, various deadly weapons are hung up all around the cage.

Two men enter. NO ONE LEAVES.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM
A match with multiple participants (let's just say a 4 for now) where instead of the first fall getting the victory, the winner must pin all 3 of their opponents.

XL
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
10 Count Challenge Match

Pretty similar to a Last Man Standing only you have to pin your opponent for a 10 count.

bigslimjj
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
25 man Battle royal with every man entering every two minutes. Eliminations occur by pinfall,submission or over the top to the floor. When it gets down to the last two it turns into a ladder match and who ever gets the belt,contract,x,etc. wins. I think it could be TNA's answer to the Royal rumble. Call it TNA Battle Royale.

dronepool
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Did they ever do a Triple Threat Last Man Standing?

bigslimjj
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Did they ever do a Triple Threat Last Man Standing?That would be brutal,in a good way. I always thought a Triple threat Iron man could be good.

Rollermacka
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
A Survivor Series/ War Games type cage match where the teams are chosen randomly. No pin falls, no count outs, no DQs, and the only way to win is by making your opponent tap out. It stars with one on one and once one man is eliminated, the next opponent comes out.

Italian $tallion
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
First man to get pinned wins the match =/

Fox
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Honestly, I've always wanted to see a HELL IN THE CELL LADDER MATCH.

Pretty basic concept. Belt is strung up from the top of the cage, ladders all around the ring (maybe attached to the inside of the cage somehow so they have to be pulled down first), first man to climb the ladder and retrieve the belt wins. I think it'd make for a great brutal spot-fest match, and would be even more hot if it were for Money in the Bank at WrestleMania (gotta make MITB match more important at Mania if they're going to keep running the MITB PPV).

djoutcry
09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Death at Your Door Match

Barbwire Hell in a Cell with flaming ropes, 4 tables lining ringside, 1 ladder inside the cell, 2 ladders on TOP of the cell along with a dumpster on the top of the cell as well, a chair between turnbuckle pads in each corner, and various weapons hanging from the roof.

No time limit or DQ

First one to skin the other alive wins the Number 1 Contender spot for a title of their choosing

Droford
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Tag Team Iron Men Match

Fox
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Tag Team Iron Men Match

MCMG versus Beer Money. Book it, TNA.

Xero
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Singles Match
The be-all and end-all of TNA gimmicks. It's a match that has the following rules:

- You can win via 3 count, submission, KO, count out or DQ.
- 10 Second count outs are active. They are restarted if a participant reenters and leaves the ring.
- Foreign objects are barred and if used results in a DQ.
- You must break a submission hold if your opponent's body is touching or under the ropes or they're in the corner. They have to the count of five.

Fox
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Singles Match
The be-all and end-all of TNA gimmicks. It's a match that has the following rules:

- You can win via 3 count, submission, KO, count out or DQ.
- 10 Second count outs are active. They are restarted if a participant reenters and leaves the ring.
- Foreign objects are barred and if used results in a DQ.
- You must break a submission hold if your opponent's body is touching or under the ropes or they're in the corner. They have to the count of five.

This is pretty outlandish, Xero.

Swiss Ultimate
09-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Ridiculously Tall Ladder Match

Droford
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
50/50 match

The ring is divided in half diagonally and any pinfalls/submissions can only take place in a wrestlers half of the ring with the requirement that the opponents shoulders being fully inside the area (but the rest of the body could be across the line)

Xero
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
50/50 match

The ring is divided in half diagonally and any pinfalls/submissions can only take place in a wrestlers half of the ring with the requirement that the opponents shoulders being fully inside the area (but the rest of the body could be across the line)

I feel that this match has been done before. I can't remember where or between who, I just feel I've at least heard of it.

BizarroKing
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I thought of another one:

Ultimate X Submission Six sides of Hell in a Punjabi Prison Yard's Clockwork Orange Elimination Chamber Asylum of the TLC Mountain in the Bank's Stairway to Buried Alive Lumberjacks with Texas Bullropes on a Pole Ambulance Scramble...

There's so much going on no one can figure out how this match actually works. It doesn't matter because NO ONE CAN TOP THIS 1 :D

Dante69
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
TNA Triple Threat Lesbian Orgy Match
the loser receives oral from the winners............Velvet Sky,Angelina Love,Madison Rayne,Lacey Von Erick,So Cal Val and Christy Hemme are the participants..........Dixie Carter is the guest ring licker

Mr. C
09-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Barbed Wire Elimination Chamber

The chamber is made of barbed wire.

Furious Beardsley
09-13-2010, 12:21 AM
A ring surrounded by a moat filled with alligators. Around that is an elimination type deal with 4 other participants hanging about the moat, and 2 starting in the ring. When a new contestant enters the chamber they are dropped into the moat.

Contestants are eliminated when they are either pinned, submit, or are eaten alive by alligators. When it reaches the final 2 opponents the water and the chamber is electrified killing all the gators, and a ladder is tossed into the ring. The only way to win is to use the ladder to climb out of a small hole in the top of the chamber, once you get out, you must travel across the rickety scaffolding hanging about the chamber.

If you fall off the scaffolding and get electrocuted then you lose the match and are eliminated.

A clear winner must be decided once a contestant crosses all the scaffolding and touches safe ground. There is a possibility of no winner being decided in this match.

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2010, 02:17 AM
A match with multiple participants (let's just say a 4 for now) where instead of the first fall getting the victory, the winner must pin all 3 of their opponents.

This is what I suggest everytime one of these threads come up. :y:

Say you had John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Wade Barrett in the match. You can get a fall by the usual means (and maybe include disqualifications as well), but you must get one over each of your opponents. The winner is the first man to have a fall over everyone else in the match.

It's probably been done, but with some of those big tag team matches, I wouldn't mind seeing the occasional "Capture the Captain" rule applied -- where the match is elimination or the first team to eliminate the appointed captain of the other team.

A Ladder Match where you can be eliminated via pinfall or submission, cleaning the field down. Or a Three Stages of Hell like concept where you start off with a Fatal 4-Way, and then someone is eliminated by pinfall or submission. The second fall then becomes exclusively submission. The final stage of the match is a Ladder Match.

Perry Saturn
09-13-2010, 02:26 AM
-Drink 10 beers

-Smoke a big joint

-20 push-ups

-Finish off by beating your oppenent in a game of connect 4

Waylander
09-13-2010, 06:32 AM
25 man Battle royal with every man entering every two minutes. Eliminations occur by pinfall,submission or over the top to the floor. When it gets down to the last two it turns into a ladder match and who ever gets the belt,contract,x,etc. wins. I think it could be TNA's answer to the Royal rumble. Call it TNA Battle Royale.

I'm pretty sure the FWA did this a few years ago, I believe it came down to Spud and Abyss but I might be wrong.

RiX1024
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
I thought TNA did that as well, Gauntlet for the Gold in the early days?

Sixx
09-13-2010, 07:30 AM
I thought we'd have a little fun here. With all the different gimmick matches we have today, come up with your own gimmick match. It could be a combination of gimmick matches or just something off the top of your head, and it can make sense or be completely ridiculous (aka Russo territory)

Here's one of mine: House Of Pain match-A hell in a cell match with a smaller steel cage inside of it where the wrestlers fight each other inside. This way, it's even harder for interference than in a regular hell in a cell or steel cage match.
this is different than the infamous Kennel from Hell match, as in no dogs (obviously) and the two fight just to win. The only way to win is to pin your opponent inside the ring.

So what will you come up with?

So basically a cage inside a cage.

Don't really see the point. A cage is what's supposed to guarantee noone interfering but as we all know it happens anyway, so a cage inside a cage would be no different.

Krimzon7
09-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Equal Opportunity Match. String The Championship belt up high, and have two black men fight for a ladder that only goes up half way..then book Triple H to win...

It's time for a brother to hold the strap again.

Nicky Fives
09-13-2010, 08:07 AM

This, I like

BizarroKing
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Equal Opportunity Match. String The Championship belt up high, and have two black men fight for a ladder that only goes up half way..then book Triple H to win...

It's time for a brother to hold the strap again.

Wait what?

JEPW
09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Replace the ring with a huge trampoline. That's all I got.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
10 Count Challenge Match

Pretty similar to a Last Man Standing only you have to pin your opponent for a 10 count.

That's a version of Texas Death Match rules. TNA also used the same rules in their version of the Last Man Standing match last year I believe.

My idea is "How Good is your finisher Match." Standard wrestling rules apply for the match itself except for one thing.

The match can end if a wrestler kicks out after being hit by the other wrestler's finishing move. So, it will show how good a wrestler's finishing move is and how much confidence they have in it.

I would book it with having two wrestlers with popular and heavy hitting finishers. I would make it that nobody has ever kicked out of the finishers before then or in recent memory. So, basically it will mean that both finishers are automatic wins if a pinfall attempt happens right after it.

For the finish I would have one wrestler kickout for the victory. It would be big news since the finisher was not kicked out of in along time.

Swiss Ultimate
09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
15 Minutes of Hell Match

The Match cannot be won until the participants have wrestled inside a large steel cage for 15 minutes straight. After the 15 minutes the cage is lifted and the first man to run down the entrance way and climb a 15 foot ladder to ring the bell wins.

Schlomey
09-13-2010, 11:45 AM
3 Stages of Hell In A Cell Battle Royal In A Cage Match.

25 Men pile inside the steel cage. The first 4 men to escape the cage goes on to the second stage. The lid is lowered on to the cell and stage 2 is a 4 corner elimination HIAC match. When it gets down to the remaining 2 the first one to escape the cell is declared the winner.

bigslimjj
09-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Lockup match. A four corners match with handcuffs in each corner. if you get cuffed your out. last man free wins.

bigslimjj
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I thought TNA did that as well, Gauntlet for the Gold in the early days?no ladders,or pinfall and submission eliminations on the old ones. This is like the tna gauntlet with more booking options.

MoFo
09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
3 out of 5 falls match.

Lock Jaw
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
5 out of 9 falls match.

Xero
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
A two out of three falls match that ends in two falls.

Lock Jaw
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
I've seen it happen before.

thedamndest
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
MVP went over Benoit that way.

Krimzon7
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
I've seen it happen before.

MVP swept Benoit in two falls for the US TItile

Krimzon7
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
MVP went over Benoit that way.

You're King for a reason brother

Krimzon7
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Wait what?

Triple H...

Glass Ceiling....
Brothers getting no love in a match where you think you're going to see the first afro american champ since the Rock/Booker T only to get punked...

This gimmick match has it all.

XL
09-13-2010, 08:28 PM
That's a version of Texas Death Match rules. TNA also used the same rules in their version of the Last Man Standing match last year I believe.
I've seen Last Man Standing where there is a 10 count AFTER a pinfall (Crush v Macho WMX comes to mind) but never an actual 10 count pin.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
I've seen Last Man Standing where there is a 10 count AFTER a pinfall (Crush v Macho WMX comes to mind) but never an actual 10 count pin.

The refs wouldn't go for that. Their arm would be numb after the match after all of the near falls at 9.

Aguakate
10-06-2010, 01:12 AM
...Over-the-top-rope, 20 man, Hell in a Cell Battle Royal.

...Whoever is thrown over the top rope, is eliminated...but...can't get out of the Hell in a Cell...so they can re-enter...and so on...

...it'd never end.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
...Over-the-top-rope, 20 man, Hell in a Cell Battle Royal.

...Whoever is thrown over the top rope, is eliminated...but...can't get out of the Hell in a Cell...so they can re-enter...and so on...

...it'd never end.

STOP TYPING LIKE A FUCKING RETARD

Aguakate
10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
STOP TYPING LIKE A FUCKING RETARD

.....sorry about that........... i'm a huge FAG............

Juan
10-06-2010, 01:22 AM
I knew it.

Aguakate
10-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I knew it.

Oh ho hoooo! Changing what I post...you guys are SO 2002! Whoo!

Juan
10-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Oh ho hoooo!