PDA

View Full Version : WOW...

EDWARD
09-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Credit: F4WOnline.com

This can easily change, but Dave Meltzer reports that WWE has been tossing around the idea of having Sheamus vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27 in a Title Unification Match.

As noted earlier this week, WWE wants to have the top matches planned out by then. Another match being discussed is John Cena vs. The Miz.

Regarding Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, when MITB’s PPV buyrate came in low this year, it got them talking about whether or not to keep the match at Wrestlemania.

Also as noted before, some stars are being discussed for heel and babyface turns. Some names being considered are Jack Swagger, MVP, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth.

CSL
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I ALREADY POSTED THIS LIKE HALF AN HOUR AGO GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

KayfabeMan
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
This is seriously a pathetic line-up.

Next Big Thing
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
The way they've booked Sheamus lately he'd need a hell of a build up.

Cena vs. Miz would be good. Miz as the anti Cena was awesome and hopefully with another six months under his belt Miz would have improved in the ring.

R- Truth turning heel could also be interesting and provide him with a new direction. We've already seen MVP as a heel and I have a feeling if he turned again he'd just rehash the same old shit. I don't think Kofi could get himself over as a heel and he's gaining popularity as a face. They shouldn't fuck that up.

CSL
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
WOW... 09-16-2010 01:30 AM Damian Rey Don't worry pal. I saw it.

lol god bless you Damien Ray, I wasn't being serious

CSL
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
And how I've managed to botch your name even though it was right there in the quick reply box while I was typing, I will never know.

Damian Rey
09-15-2010, 08:56 PM
And how I've managed to botch your name even though it was right there in the quick reply box while I was typing, I will never know.

Don't worry, you are not the first. I can't remember who, but I was quoted, and they still botched the name.

Back to the topic, agreed that Sheamus is going to need to be built back up because he's looked fairly useless since winning the title.

Can't see a Swagger face turn/Kolfi heel turn working. Truth is going to need a new finisher before turning heel. That flying forearm thing is ridiculous enough already.

Lock Jaw
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I thought that, as a black man, R-Truth's finisher was an axe kick.

Wishbone
09-15-2010, 09:29 PM
*takes out pistol wraps lips around the barrel and pulls the trigger*
*bloody facedesk*

CSL
09-15-2010, 09:47 PM
You have to show me how to commit suicide and then continue to post on the internet. Serious fucking money to be made.

Schlomey
09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
I LOVE the idea of Cena being nowhere near the WM Main Event.

BizarroKing
09-15-2010, 10:41 PM
As long as it's not Cena vs Taker then I'm fine with this.

KayfabeMan
09-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Why not Undertaker vs. Kane?

This could be a great match, especially with the 20-0 on the line.

KayfabeMan
09-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah, it's WWE nevermind.

CSL
09-15-2010, 11:44 PM
They'd be stupid to expect anybody to believe Kane is a threat to the streak atm.

Damian Rey
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
As long as it's not Cena vs Taker then I'm fine with this.

May I ask why? WWE has to be stupid not to at least be considering this for Mania 27 or 28. That is likely the last real money maker they have left the Undertaker. And Cena is the only guy on the roster who has a believable chance at ending the streak.

You though the crowd was hot for HBK/Taker? Can you imagine the atmosphere for a Cena/Taker Mania match?

Mr. Pierre
09-15-2010, 11:56 PM
I dunno, I don't really believe this at all. Taker/Sheamus sounds more like an awesome Summerslam grudge match.

rated rjo
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Not that I disagree with anyone that Cena / Taker would be money, but I'm just wondering why Orton's name isn't being thrown out there too, at least as someone who could end the streak.

Just sayin...

KayfabeMan
09-16-2010, 12:40 AM
They'd be stupid to expect anybody to believe Kane is a threat to the streak atm.

Which all goes back to their horrible booking, which goes to Sheamus vs. Undertaker....

Mr. Pierre
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm kinda confused on how I would book the title scene this year. I love the idea of unifying the belts, but at the same time I want Orton's "Championship Chase" to end at Mania.

But if he's unifying the belts, they obviously have to put one of the Championships on him before Mania.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Sheamus vs. Undertaker makes sense as a pretty big WrestleMania match. The two have never faced, and they'd no doubt build Sheamus up for it. I don't like the idea of it being a title unification match, though.

As for the turns, MVP and R-Truth I like. Truth is perpetually over, but going nowhere. As a heel with a serious attitude, we can focus on the guys ring skills, and not have to put up with his rapping crap. MVP would just be reinvigorated by a heel turn, in my opinion.

Swagger as a face would be interesting, and I actually see it going over quite well. The only problem with it is that Swagger has been a super-dick heel lately. A "change of heart" really wouldn't get people behind him. Swagger as a face could make money, but more down the line when it feels natural, in my opinion.

Kofi's work with Orton and even Ziggler, where he has shown darker edges to his personality, have led me to believe that the guy could be a phenomenal angry heel. I just don't think it's wise at this point, though. Kofi is a mid-card guy who is actually really fucking over. While that heat could translate over to the heel side if he does something purely evil, I think it would be the WWE fucking up a good thing right now. For Kofi's heel turn, I imagine him winning the World Title, or coming very close, in a face versus face match -- and then when he loses (either that title opportunity or when he loses the belt to another face), Kofi goes uber-nuts and wants to fuck shit up.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2010, 01:27 AM
A turn that I do think could work, is Christian. I don't think he's exactly a stale thing as a face, and his stuff with Del Rio should help him connect with audiences more; but he's not really the "fresh" face that Kofi is.

Londoner
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Don't like this idea with sheamus/taker.

Volare
09-16-2010, 08:49 AM
If it were to go down, I would have to back the Fella!

Snowden
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Why would they do Sheamus/Taker for the title? The streak match is always a huge draw, and I don't see any reason to use two big bullets (along with the title unification) in the same match.

Sheamus/Taker can book itself, so can the unification. Keep em separate.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Bingo, Mr. Snowden.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Why would they do Sheamus/Taker for the title? The streak match is always a huge draw, and I don't see any reason to use two big bullets (along with the title unification) in the same match.

I think they feel a need to try to top what they have done in the last two Wrestlemanias.

They also added the stipulation to make it Streak Vs. Career last time. So, they are simply adding another stipulation.

This would be the biggest deal in Wrestlemania for a long time to come. This would change the very nature of how WWE runs. It would probably mean the end of Brand Extension (finally.)

Why not make it the Undertaker who unifies the titles? Why not make it at the biggest night of the WWE year? Also it's against somebody who has a very unique look and who is getting over big time fella.

The only problem that I see arising is what does this mean for the winner of the Royal Rumble? Does Taker win the Rumble, and then win at Elimination Chamber too? Does Sheamus really keep the title all the way until Wrestlemania?

This would be a serious amount of long-term booking and I'm all in favor for it.

Snowden
09-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd rather a star of "now" unify the titles (Orton, Cena) than Undertaker. I've said it before, have Orton and Jericho be in the unification match, with Jericho touting how he's going to unify the titles, only to come up short against the viper in a true "Wrestlemania Moment."

The Pope
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
They should turn Taker heel and put him up against Kane. Have the fans finally be behind Kane for once during the feud and hint that Taker may actually and finally lose at Mania. Even bring back Gangrel and Big Gay Vis for the Ministry to make it interesting.

Snowden
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I can't see Taker getting boo-ed at this point in his career.

The Pope
09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I can, all they have to do is take the WWE Heel Turn Shorcut. Which is talk crap about the city they're doing the show from.

Snowden
09-16-2010, 12:04 PM
We'll agree to disagree :)

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I think Wrestlemania 26 and Wrestlemania 25 should be evidence that Undertaker is still a star of "now."

If anything Undertaker is proving to get better with age. Sort of mixing in a MMA style since he's a pretty big fan of that sport.

Damian Rey
09-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Not that I disagree with anyone that Cena / Taker would be money, but I'm just wondering why Orton's name isn't being thrown out there too, at least as someone who could end the streak.

Just sayin...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5pNkrK5k78?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5pNkrK5k78?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cause they've already gone that route.

Londoner
09-16-2010, 01:35 PM
They really need a better opponent than Sheamus for Undertaker, especially as its just following two big matches with HBK. I would love it to be Cena/Taker aslong as Cena only gets close too winning, that'll make some great tv.

Innovator
09-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Jesus, some of you need to make up your mind. Do you want change and new superstars or not?

jskinnyg
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Which all goes back to their horrible booking, which goes to Sheamus vs. Undertaker....

Ummm, Yup... Unfortunately so...

BizarroKing
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
If anything Undertaker is proving to get better with age. Sort of mixing in a MMA style since he's a pretty big fan of that sport.

True that but how long could he possibly go. He is somewhat fragile now...

Triple Naitch
09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
R-Truth's new song kinda makes him come off as a heel.

Volare
09-16-2010, 03:51 PM
All he needs now is a Lil Jon look-a-like to be his manager.

St. Jimmy
09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Kane is terrible and needs to go home. Taker is alright because of his "Legendary" status. Sheamus is fantastic and I would definately love it to be him vs. Taker with a Title Uni at stake. The titles need to be unified and this "brand division" needs to end.

Londoner
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Jesus, some of you need to make up your mind. Do you want change and new superstars or not?

There are other ways to make new superstars, Sheamus i don't think is deserving of ending the streak anyway. Plus Cena/Taker would be more entertaining, and i rarely say that about cena.

Volare
09-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I think it needs to be the future of WWE. Biggest show of the year with a match that important needs to be done by people with credibility, but will also be around for awhile.

Sheamus is great don't get me wrong, but is still a little green. (no pun intended)

XL
09-16-2010, 04:26 PM

This. I hate when they throw the title into a fued that is hot enough without it.

Fox
09-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Sheamus would not be seen as any kind of a threat to the Undertaker's WM undefeated streak, and therefore would not pose any kind of threat to Undertaker's Undisputed Title victory. The idea of both of those things should be that there is at least a question of who is going to walk out with the Undisputed Title/Taker's streak - this match would eliminate both of those things.

They'll probably do it.

Droford
09-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Sheamus would not be seen as any kind of a threat to the Undertaker's WM undefeated streak, and therefore would not pose any kind of threat to Undertaker's Undisputed Title victory. The idea of both of those things should be that there is at least a question of who is going to walk out with the Undisputed Title/Taker's streak - this match would eliminate both of those things.

They'll probably do it.

If Sheamus can hold on to the Belt until Wrestlemania, he will have held the belt for 11 out of 15 months (and 9 months straight since Fatal 4 Way) since he first won at TLC back in 2009. They could totally hype him as being the most dominant champion in recent WWE history. He will have beaten Cena/Orton/Jericho/Edge and possibly (and most importantly) HHH and whoever else they can come up with. So you obviously have Sheamus beating everyone RAW has to offer and wanting a challenge, what better than vs Taker at Wrestlemania?

They should totally eliminate the predictability factor by having both champions wrestle twice like WM X and Vengance 2001, especially since the Winner of the Royal Rumble needs to get a title match. So it ends up being a mini 1 night tourney. Sheamus beats, lets say HHH and Taker beats..um..whoever..most people would probably figure on HHH would beat Sheamus like he did last year. Sheamus winning would instantly get the "OMG could he be the one?" reaction from the crowd. Taker also has to win two matches in the same night which would be even more epic for his streak.

Of course they'll fuck this up and have HHH beat Sheamus when he comes back.

Nark Order
09-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Cena/Taker pretty much HAS to happen at Wrestlemania, and who knows how many UT has left in him. It's the only match I can think of off the top of my head where I legitimately couldn't pick the winner, despite the streak. Maybe Trips/UT also.

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Triple H and Undertaker was at X7, I don't think they'll make Taker fight 3 different people at 2 Wrestlemania's, they already did that with Kane and Shawn Michaels.

crusnik
09-18-2010, 12:59 AM

agreed :y: