PDA

View Full Version : Kidman as a main eventer

Rollermacka
09-17-2010, 11:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WZ_7GZgpaM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WZ_7GZgpaM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is actually a really good promo from Billy Kidman of all people. It wasnt a bad idea when you think about it. Kidman was an entertaining young wrestler who had been with the company several years. I have heard that Hogan pulled his "creative control" clause so he didnt have to put over Kidman at all. I enjoyed Kidman when he was a heel in WWE hurting people with the Shooting Star Press. Could you have seen Kidman as a main eventer?

Schlomey
09-17-2010, 11:29 PM
I loved him in WCW. Wasn't in love with him while in The Flock, though. He was tight. How was his WWE run I missed the whole thing.

CSL
09-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Loved vest and jean shorts Kidman 'back in the day'.

Schlomey
09-17-2010, 11:36 PM
wasn't it wife beater and jean shorts?

VSG
09-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Loved his WWE theme, he had a great run with Paul London and during the "Infamous Shooting Star Press" saga but he just didn't seem to want it.

Oh, and he was Mr. Torrie Wilson for 4 years. That's points in my books, baby!

VSG
09-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Said theme:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqOnExluSmU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqOnExluSmU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jim Johnston is a genius!

CSL
09-17-2010, 11:43 PM
wasn't it wife beater and jean shorts?

In your homosexual american english, yes ;)

BollywoodSingh
09-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Kidman was awesome in WCW. He wasn't as good in WWE as he bulked up quite a bit, bu he was still really strong in the ring. I think if WCW survived, he would have main evented there eventually. In WWE, he wasn't given much chance to go up the card.

The feud with Paul London was really good starting with Kidman initially feeling guilty about injuring people with the Shooting Star Press, before eventually turning heel and injuring people purposely. I thought that was his chance to move up the card and out of the cruiserweight division into the US title division. I remember hoping that they'd put him in Angle's group at the time with Reigns and Jindrak. But they didn't really follow up much with Kidman after the London feud.

Evil Vito
09-18-2010, 12:15 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I was always a huge Kidman fan. Don't think I could have taken him seriously as a main eventer, but he was good in his role. He had a good run.</font>

Perry Saturn
09-18-2010, 12:45 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ftJ6kJRthc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ftJ6kJRthc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was pretty good

jskinnyg
09-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Loved his WWE theme, he had a great run with Paul London and during the "Infamous Shooting Star Press" saga but he just didn't seem to want it.

Oh, and he was Mr. Torrie Wilson for 4 years. That's points in my books, baby!

4 years of glory kids...

Mr. C
09-18-2010, 03:56 AM
It would be a flop.

Domino
09-18-2010, 04:16 AM
I could care less...all I know is that for a few years, he was Shooting Star Pressing Torrie Wilson.

Victory.

Rammsteinmad
09-18-2010, 04:57 AM
He was amazing in WCW, and had some fantastic matches in the cruiserweight division.

Same for WWE, except he had bulked up a bit. Probably wouldn't have made it as a main eventer, but was dissapointed he never got a chance in the US division.

JIMMY
09-18-2010, 08:45 AM
kidman vs evan bourne needs to happen kidman still got it

Gertner
09-18-2010, 09:21 AM
I loved Kidman, but main eventing? Come on now. Not a chance.

Snowden
09-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm a gigantic Kidman mark, so my gut says he could (and should) have done it in WCW.

I don't think he would have fit in as well in the WWE main event scene. Not strong enough mic skills, and not big enough.

Rammsteinmad
09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Billy Kidman does have a clean win over John Cena. Just thought I'd add that.

Destro 2.0
09-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Him and AJ styles could be very good to see.

Eklipse
09-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Him and AJ styles could be very good to see.

He would be great in TNA. Him and AJ could tear the roof down.

Get Kidman in and get rid of those worthless Hardy boys.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I could see Kidman having eventually main evented in WCW. In WWE, I still liked him, but no chance.

FourFifty
09-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Kidman & London > Londrick

I loved the idea that one man did a backwards rotating splash, while the other did a forward rotating splash.

XCaliber
09-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Really liked the guy and all but he's a solid upper midcarder at best.

Snowden
09-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Kidman & London > Londrick

I loved the idea that one man did a backwards rotating splash, while the other did a forward rotating splash.

I take it you'd love a Gabriel/Bourne team then?

Emperor Smeat
09-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Probably wouldn't have been pushed or used for long in a main event scene since one of the reasons Kidman feuded with Hogan was so that Hogan could say he helped push or develop a young wrestler when Hogan was getting complaints about not helping the youth in WCW.

WCW wasn't going to start pushing Kidman as the future or as part of the future of the company even though WCW was great at developing their cruiserwieght division unlike WWF/WWE at the time.