PDA

View Full Version : Justin Gabriel

AJHayes
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Is anyone else thinking that "Nexus' Executioner" is being built up to be something really special? In my opinion, he's got the look and the mic skills, and the gimmick to be something big really soon.

Next Big Thing
09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I definitely see it. It's always him, not Barrett who gets to make the final statement. He put Vince out and they let him take Cena to the limit on Raw.

My only concern is that the Raw writers seem very capricious in terms of who they push. For the first half of the year, Sheamus was this unstoppable warrior, who put out HHH, now he's a coward. Morrison is another one. They had the opportunity to get him back on track after beating Jericho, but instead it's likely he'll be sitting at home on Sunday. I just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Mooияakeя™
09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't say he's got great mic skills, though his accent is a nice differ from the norm. I don't know where he'd fit in other than another "Jeff Hardy". To fill that void as maybe they think Bourne's air style won't cut it with the main event or some shit.

I like him, I like SA, it's good for WWE to have 2 Africans on their shows, so I dare say they may push him higher than I originally thought.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Gabriel has definitely always looked like one of the more "menacing" and "threatening" members of Nexus to me. Even over Tarver or Skip. Something in Gabriel's eyes.

Damian Rey
09-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Gabriel has definitely always looked like one of the more "menacing" and "threatening" members of Nexus to me. Even over Tarver or Skip. Something in Gabriel's eyes.

I think this comes down to Gabriel possibly understanding his character and having the charisma to express that phsically. I don't know if Skip and Tarver have as much charisma or "range" to vasry their characters and add different dimensions to them.

Gabriel went from a plucky face on NXT to a sinister, vindictive little guy with a mean streak. Not to mention, he changed his entire look. His hair is styled differently, he wears black trunks, and hell, his skin even looks darker.

His mic skills are more than passable. He's not going to set the world fire, at least not right now, but he's mre than serviceable. I'm hoping he's one of the guys who actually gets somehwere when Nexus finally disbands. I def. see more in him that anyone else, outside of Barrett of course.

Next Big Thing
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I disagree with the comments on Skip. Skips eyes when he was rearing up for that clothesline, said it all. He was pretty good on the mic too. Hopefully he's not derailed due to injury.

Gabriel is definitely more polished overall than the other members of Nexus with the exception of Barrett.

He does come off as a little guy though and I wonder if that may compete him out of the heavyweight/ main event picture. Even if it does, he's got great potential opponents in Bryan, Mysterio, Bourne, Kaval, and even Morrison. Those guys might bring some credibility back to the hopefully unified IC/US belts.

Nicky Fives
09-18-2010, 06:47 PM
All I see is a small guy with one move and who is nervous as shit every time a mic is put in his hands...... IMO he is the least impressive member of The Nexus remaining, and of the original 7, only Darren Young is worse.....

XCaliber
09-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Not sure if any of you were aware of not but he's a former FCW Champion so he's not stranger to the spotlight so I wouldn't be suprised at one point later down that he gets a big push. Sure he may not be as good on the mic as Barrett but like someone mentioned before he is passable and once he gets more comfortable in front of a larger audience I believe he will get better. Can't help but think that if The Miz does indeed get a long credible title run that smaller guys like him, Kaval, Bourne, and of course Bryan will get more opportunities which would be a nice change from having the usual hosses.

Vastardikai
09-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't say that.

I mean, you're seriously putting David "I'm married to a famous person but can't work for shit" Otunga over this guy?

AJHayes
09-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't say that.

I mean, you're seriously putting David "I'm married to a famous person but can't work for shit" Otunga over this guy?

This sums up my feelings about Otunga. He fucking sucks.

Next Big Thing
09-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Not sure if any of you were aware of not but he's a former FCW Champion so he's not stranger to the spotlight so I wouldn't be suprised at one point later down that he gets a big push.

Dude... when it comes to the WWE that doesn't mean shit. When OVW was their territory, Nick Dinsmore, Paul Burchill, and Matt Sydal were the heavyweight champs... one played a retard... the other a pirate... what's Evan Bourne doing these days? Oh yeah, jobbing to Edge in bodyslam contests.

Don't put it past the WWE to misuse talent.

Damian Rey
09-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I disagree with the comments on Skip. Skips eyes when he was rearing up for that clothesline, said it all. He was pretty good on the mic too. Hopefully he's not derailed due to injury.

Gabriel is definitely more polished overall than the other members of Nexus with the exception of Barrett.

He does come off as a little guy though and I wonder if that may compete him out of the heavyweight/ main event picture. Even if it does, he's got great potential opponents in Bryan, Mysterio, Bourne, Kaval, and even Morrison. Those guys might bring some credibility back to the hopefully unified IC/US belts.

I should've said polished as I do agree that Sheffield is a good talent.

I dont' think Gabriel will ever sniff the main event as a singles wreslter away from Nexus. I do think he could be very successful in the mid card though. He and Daniel Bryan would almost certainly have to wreslte at some point.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Can I just say this: How fucking nervous would be as Justin Gabriel about to hit a 450 Splash on Vince McMahon or The Undertaker? So far, Gabriel must be doing something right to keep getting opportunities like that.

As a heel, Gabriel is working surprisingly well for me. The look in his eyes -- cold enough to buy him as a remorseless machine. He seems much more comfortable in the role, as he can focus on being awesome and not on having to be liked. His face role was a natural way to present him, but not natural for him to play. He reminds me of Randy Orton when it comes to face/heel status.

Personally, I think Gabriel should be the next member to leave Nexus, just because he's got the most going for him otherwise. I could see him ending up on SmackDown! at some point in the very near future. But if not, I'd love to see him get involved in a program with Daniel Bryan over the United States Championship. That is an angle I might really care about.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Also, in terms of ability, here is how I rank the Nexus guys:

1. Justin Gabriel
2. Wade Barrett

Depending on what sort of mood you're in. Gabriel is the much better worker and Barrett is the way better talker. But these guys are your top tier Nexus members. Take them in whatever order you want.

3. Skip Sheffield
4. Heath Slater

Sheffield plays his character perfectly. He's got an odd charisma about him, and he looks like a legitimate menace when he fucks shit up. He's not that bad in the ring, either. Slater is probably the better worker of the two, but coming off like a retard doesn't help. There are ways to play his Virginian background into his character, but the WWE haven't really done it yet. He's comfortable about there, and he's not a horrible worker, but many hate on him for some reason. Perhaps because there is nothing outstanding about him. I think time will be on Slater's side, as someone backstage seems to really love him.

5. Michael Tarver
6. David Otunga

The bottom rung of Nexus. Tarver has good presence, but his ring work is a bit iffy. I do like his look, and as an enforcer he adds up to more than the sum of his parts. David Otunga is someone the WWE are really going to groom, but he's really got to work on all aspects of his game. The guy doesn't even have presence yet. In the ring, he is sloppy and awkward. That's just because he's green, and the guy is not without talent. He'll get a lot better.

Thunder Savage Go
09-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Justin Gabriel could be a year or two from hitting it big. Mic skills are a must, but can be learned... if shitty wrestling (Tarver Otunga) your next in line of a chicken dinner with OJ.

bigslimjj
09-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Dude... when it comes to the WWE that doesn't mean shit. When OVW was their territory, Nick Dinsmore, Paul Burchill, and Matt Sydal were the heavyweight champs... one played a retard... the other a pirate... what's Evan Bourne doing these days? Oh yeah, jobbing to Edge in bodyslam contests.

Don't put it past the WWE to misuse talent.He was special,not retarded. only the story lines were technically "Retarded".

Perry Saturn
09-19-2010, 06:02 PM
he is the nexcutioner :shifty: