PDA

View Full Version : The Generation X Horsemen

Loose Cannon
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
So I read Jericho's book last week while I was on vacation at the beach. It's the only time I read anything. Anyway, even if you hate reading, but are a wrestling fan, definately pick this book up. The chapters are short and it is very very funny. I might post some excerpts on here just to give a sample of what to expect.

Also, this book has really given me a new appreciation for the Japanese wrestling scene. I've always had a tough time sitting through those matches because of the crowd being dead (which I know is good in Japan), but I'll probably check out those Super J Cups since I know most of the guys thta participated in them

Anyway, the point of this thread. I always knew that before Brian Pillman went to the WWF, he was planning on doing a rogue four horsemen group with Benoit to feud with Flair/Arn. I always wondered who the other horsemen would be. Well Jericho says that Pillman approached Jericho and asked him to be a part of the group along with Eddie. Pillman wanted to call them Generation X Horsemen or Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Holy shit, Pillman, Guerrero, Benoit and Jericho as a stable. That would of been very cool to see. Too bad it never panned out.

whiteyford
09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Suprised HHH hasnt brought the horsemen back yet, i know Evolution was supposed to be a horseman style stable, but they own the rights and its a fucking awesome gimmick. Sure they could find 3 or 4 guys to make it, with HHH as the Flair/ JJ Dillon of the group.

The Pope
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
HHH
Orton
Christian
John Morrison

Swiss Ultimate
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see HHH head another stable...don't want to see the Four Horsemen back.

jskinnyg
09-20-2010, 01:59 PM
HHH
Orton
Christian
John Morrison

Nice...:yes::yes::yes:

Swiss Ultimate
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I could see a feud between a HHH stable and a Jericho stable in 10 years.

The Pope
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
speaking of Y2J, i think he ended up resigning!

The Pope
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Jericho's twitter:
The websites have spoken!!! Whatever, I’m goin to Calgary tomorrow so I’ll let yall hash it out..

XL
09-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Resigned or re-signed?

The Pope
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
as in that he's back!

XL
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Re-signed then! Awesome!

VSG
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
How does that tweet give you the info that he re-signed?

Next Big Thing
09-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Suprised HHH hasnt brought the horsemen back yet, i know Evolution was supposed to be a horseman style stable, but they own the rights and its a fucking awesome gimmick. Sure they could find 3 or 4 guys to make it, with HHH as the Flair/ JJ Dillon of the group.

I think Evolution was originally going to be the reincarnation of the 4 Horsemen but Vince didn't want to put over something that WWE didn't create hence Evolution. It's kind of sad because the Horsemen are easily top 3 greatest stables of all time and it would be awesome to see that legacy continued.

The idea of a rogue group like Horsemen of the Apocalypse made up of a splinter group would be amazing. However, if Pillman, Benoit, Guerrero and Jericho were going to do that, they would have needed Arn or Flair too just to sort of keep the group in line with the Horsemen heritage. Maybe have Arn turn on Flair and seek to create a more vicious version of the Horsemen to take down Flair and get out of his shadow.

whiteyford
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Remember there was something kind of like that in MLW, the extreme horsemen, Steve Corino CW Andrson and 2 others, think JJ Dillon might have been involved. I like the idea of a younger stable with the heritage of the horsemen, almost like the HHH run DX, not being main event level but giving them all a purpose and some decent feuds.

parkmania
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM

I got that feeling during the PPV when Cole mentioned that Jericho had reneged on his "Win or leave" stipulation.

Hanso Amore
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
HHH
COdy Rhodes
Drew McIntyre
Ezekiel Jackson

VSG
09-20-2010, 04:52 PM
That's "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, ingrate. Also, great team :y: