PDA

View Full Version : WWE Hell in a Cell Conspiracy Theory

Next Big Thing
09-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Has WWE ever held a pay per view and then ran another one two weeks later?

With TNA's biggest pay per view being Bound for Glory running a week after that, do you guys think WWE is trying to overshadow TNA's buildup and maybe fuck up the buy rate for the pay per view or is it just a coincidence that Hell in a Cell is one week before Bound for Glory?

Schlomey
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
wwe doesn't give 2 squirts of piss about tna ....proof being hardcore justice. Anyways it's just how the calender fell this year and proves that wwe is money whores......this seems to happen once a year anymore or so I thought I noticed.

Destro 2.0
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Compared to any WWE PPV Bound for Glory doesn't mean shit.

VSG
09-20-2010, 04:22 PM
If so, why not just have HIAC the same day as Bound for Glory?

Destro 2.0
09-20-2010, 04:23 PM

I know for a fact that Hell in a Cell would out draw Bound for Glory. I have watched a few BFG's and nothing seems big about them at all.

parkmania
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Because the PPV companies will only allow so many similar events to occur on the same day. I seem to remember that WWE had to move a PPV either this year or last because they wanted X date, but UFC had already laid claim to it with the InDemand people.

Emperor Smeat
09-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Ever since the brand split became permanent and not just a phase, the WWE changed the PPV schedule from 12 to 14-15 which ends up having the extra PPVs occurring in the summer or Fall each year.

It was meant both to give each brand a good number of months for exclusive PPVs and to generate more money since they also raised the price on the PPVs.

dhellova guy
09-20-2010, 04:55 PM

They did this in the past, and got there asses chewed for it. They scheduled the first every Survivor Series on the same day as Crockett's Starrcade, and warned any PPV company that if they aired Starrcade they would not be allowed to carry Survivor Series. The companies sided, for the most part, with WWF, but warned them that if they tried to pull it again they would face serious repercussions.

For what thats worth.

VSG
09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
That was when there was legit competition and the PPV guys were afraid of repercussions :shifty:

Edit: 5000th post :D

BollywoodSingh
09-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I know for a fact that Hell in a Cell would out draw Bound for Glory. I have watched a few BFG's and nothing seems big about them at all.

Well, of course HIAC would outdraw Bound For Glory. I bet if WWE put together a PPV with all FCW/NXT guys, it would outdraw Bound For Glory. The WWE brand alone will outdraw TNA's top PPVs.

Nicky Fives
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
wwe doesn't give 2 squirts of piss about tna ....proof being hardcore justice. Anyways it's just how the calender fell this year and proves that wwe is money whores......this seems to happen once a year anymore or so I thought I noticed.

couldn't have said it better.....

Schlomey
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
probably could have said it better ....grammatically it is pathetic. But, in my defense, I did type it on my cell phone while my I was in a waiting room full of old people with breathing machines.

Juan
09-20-2010, 07:36 PM
There are like 2 PPV's each year that are onle a few weeks after a PPV

Fox
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I think the real conspiracy is that WWE has 14 PPV's per year, making it impossible for TNA to ever compete with them, since they utterly suck balls and have no real fanbase outside of the 600 morons in Orlando.

Schlomey
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the real conspiracy is that WWE has 14 PPV's per year, making it impossible for TNA to ever compete with them, since they utterly suck balls and have no real fanbase outside of the 600 morons in Orlando.

1. how is wwe's ppv schedule a conspiracy against TNA when it's been that way for a while now?

2. Why does the number of PPV's on their calendar make it impossible for TNA?

3. Doesn't the fact that they "suck balls" have anything to do with why they can't compete with WWE?

I make valid points.