PDA

View Full Version : Cena vs. Barrett

Evil Vito
09-21-2010, 09:23 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Well, as we've seen on Raw, John Cena and Wade Barrett will fight at HIAC. If Cena loses, he must join Nexus. If Wade loses, Nexus must disband.

Now, my immediate knee jerk reaction (and the way I'm still leaning) is that Cena simply wins and Nexus is gone. Cena never seems to lose these sort of stipulation matches. On top of that, ever since the intimidating Skip Sheffield got his injury it's sorta felt like WWE has gone into their "giving up" mode. I don't think they've looked strong once since. Usually everybody except Barrett just winds up eating AAs/RKOs. It feels like WWE are just cutting their losses on these guys. Hell, even Darren Young's involvement a few weeks ago I thought was going to lead to a new wrinkle in the feud, instead he's vanished once again.

But it just doesn't make sense to me to end this storyline before a PPV like Bragging Rights or Survivor Series, which seems custom-made for the blowoff of a stable angle. Nexus haven't got the momentum to last to that point unless something big happens, and that something could be Cena being forced to join. It would be sorta like HBK having to work for JBL. He'd still be a face who unwillingly has to do heel acts until he eventually takes the group down from within at one of the two aforementioned PPVs.

So yeah, I'm intrigued to see where this goes. Hopefully they don't take the easy way out. What are your thoughts on what might happen?</font>

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 09:35 AM
I think Barrett will win. Imagine the build to Bragging Rights KNOWING that John Cena will captain team Nexus! That will be new and fresh for Cena and all the RAW angles.

Perry Saturn
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Schlomey for the win

Ermaximus
09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm still saying Cena loses and becomes part of Nexus leaving the role of dismantaling Nexus up to 1 man.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/steveblackman/03.jpg

The Jayman
09-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm still saying Cena loses and becomes part of Nexus leaving the role of dismantaling Nexus up to 1 man.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/steveblackman/03.jpg

I agree with you Ermax but the dismantaling will be done by this man
http://www.themusicmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/disco-inferno.jpg

Cuse8
09-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I agree with you Vito, my first thought was Cena wins and WWE gives up on one of their most interesting angles in awhile. But the more I have thought about it, it would be similiar to the HBK/JBL angle from a couple years ago with Cena having to join the heel stable.

I think now Barrett wins, we see Cena with nexus til November, then it ends at SS with some type of stipulation again if Cena wins hes out of nexus.

Snowden
09-21-2010, 10:33 AM
If the WWE had any balls and/or brains, Barrett would go over here. A clean win by him would put him over as a clear main event heel, and would immediately establish him as an upper echelon wrestler. Barrett is clearly VERY talented, and the WWE has been pushing him to the moon lately, so why not let him get a win over Cena which would cap off his push? Its not like one loss by Cena would really hurt his long term credibility at all. He's Cena for fucks sake.

The WWE seems like they're petrified that if Cena does a clean job to someone not named Randy Orton, that he'll immediately be looked at as having lost credibility. Especially in this kind of situation where Cena would eventually take down the Nexus from within and get back his win, this would do NOTHING to hurt him and do EVERYTHING to establish Wade Barrett as a legitimate title threat. Beating Cena clean in my opinion is secondary only to beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania as a "Career Making Match" at this point.

Plus, it would breathe new life into the Nexus angle, and revitalize the careers of four other young wrestlers. Having Cena reluctantly run with the Nexus gang, even for a week, would bring instant heat back to the group. Just picture them running out during a random Morrison/Dibiase match, where they all nail their finishers, and the coup de grace is a reluctant Cena nailing an AA with an absolutely pained look on his face.

Hell, you can have this momentum carry Wade into a title shot against Orton. There, Nexus would try to interfere, only for John Cena to change his mind, say fuck it all, and take down the rest of the Nexus four. Barrett is distracted in the ring, gets nailed with an RKO, he's done. Sets up a match where Cena has to face, and beat, the whole Nexus in either the course of one night (say five one on one matches throughout the night, or two handicap matches and an eventual match w/ Barrett) where after a nice 15-20 minutes match, Cena does his super Cena thing, takes down the big bad Nexus, and all the kiddies go home happy.

TheHart
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Barrett wins. Cena plays the tragic hero for a while, but then he starts to like being a member. He eventually kicks Barrett out of the group, takes leadership, adds a few more guys to the group, and makes a huge heel stable to take down Orton. It's the heel turn we've all been waiting for! It's gradual enough to keep selling merchandise for a while, it launches Barrett in a main level Face push, and it gives Orton something to take him to the next level as well. I see a win/win/win!

VSG
09-21-2010, 10:47 AM
If only :'(

Savio
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
If I was a WWE writer I would push for Cena to lose, it extends the story making it more memorable.

Next Big Thing
09-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Nah. Cena wins and Nexus gets dismantled. It gives WWE a clean excuse to send the ones who suck back down to development. Barrett stays on Raw. Justin Gabriel likely goes to Smackdown, and the other three go back to FCW.

The Pope
09-21-2010, 11:30 AM
They will both wrestle like rookies.

Wolfpack423
09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Barrett wins. Cena plays the tragic hero for a while, but then he starts to like being a member. He eventually kicks Barrett out of the group, takes leadership, adds a few more guys to the group, and makes a huge heel stable to take down Orton. It's the heel turn we've all been waiting for! It's gradual enough to keep selling merchandise for a while, it launches Barrett in a main level Face push, and it gives Orton something to take him to the next level as well. I see a win/win/win!

Perfect scenario. This is how I hope it plays out as well. Nexus needs Cena to join them as you just look at them and theyre not anything threatening, but having the face of the company taking over the Nexus and going against Orton (who replaced his standing in the company) if he turns heel this is a perfect angle to go with kind of like the reason Austin joined the Alliance feeling he was being replaced by Kurt Angle.

RP
09-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I agree with you Ermax but the dismantaling will be done by this man
http://www.themusicmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/disco-inferno.jpg

I'm pretty sure the dismantling will be done buy this man http://bearmythology.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dino-bravo-1.jpg

The Pope
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the dismantling will be done buy this man http://bearmythology.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dino-bravo-1.jpg

Only to be overpowered by this massive, big, unstoppable man:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JAa3NvP6f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JAa3NvP6f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:lol:

AJHayes
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
When I first saw this thread, my first reaction was, "a rookie has to carry the golden boy. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck."

Savio
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Maybe they should just send Cena down to FCW.

Ermaximus
09-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe they should just send Cena down to FCW.

They already have in the form of Darren Young. He's "teaching" Percy Watson the ropes.

jskinnyg
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Schlomey for the win

All hail the Schlome...
:yes:

addy2hotty
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
If Cena loses, I will come on here and change my username to 'Cena_Lover_4evaXXX'. Simply no chance of him losing. Ever. With that stipulation.

Nexus done and that other spoilery event....pfft, I may stop watching for a bit.

Maybe TNA eh? I hear thats good.

Swiss Ultimate
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
*Wade looked pretty strange just standing on the announce table for the entire gauntlet + commercial breaks.

*Wade should win at HIAC, Cena should then overcome the odds at Bragging Rights

*Nexus should get shaken up a bit with two-three members leaving and replaced by appropriately heelish members drafted from NXT2

Savio
09-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Cena Should Join and kick Wade out.

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
a random theory:

The WWE SHOULD at this point be toying around with the idea of turning John Cena heel. He is stale & the "mixed" reactions he receives is getting more and more on the negative side (in more places than not).

so here is a thought:

Wade Barrett wins the match and Cena reluctantly joins Nexus. Keep Cena face until after Bragging Rights. At Bragging Rights, John Cena and Nexus will lose. The following night on RAW, Cena will come out and blame Barrett for their loss. Cena (still a face at this point) will begin laying the seeds of replacing Barrett as the leader. Putting the bird in the other members ears that, Barrett, not them were the weakest link at Bragging Rights. Cena turns full on heel and assumes the role of Nexus leader.

At this point it can go one of 2 ways....

If the heel turn is a magnificent success, keep Cena heel as the leader of Nexus having him come out and cut promos against WWE and the fans.

Or if it looks like it is not working or if some other unforeseen variable arises.....

Cena could still assume the role as leader and convince the other members to remove Barrett. Instead of him assuming the heel role he could continue being devious and do an "inside job" and implode the Nexus from within and come out as uber-face again at Survivor Series by making Nexus lose and then they have to dissolve.

The Naitch
09-21-2010, 06:34 PM
is every match at the HIAC PPV a HIAC match?

will Cena vs Barrett be a HIAC match?

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 06:37 PM
is every match at the HIAC PPV a HIAC match?

will Cena vs Barrett be a HIAC match?

no not ever match will be a HIAC

Barrett vs Cena is booked as follows:

Cena wins Nexus dissolves
Barrett wins Cena joins Nexus

That's enough of a gimmick right there so I don't see this one going into the cell now but it's possible.

The Naitch
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
what was the concept of this HIAC gimmick PPV when it first came out? Every match a HIAC or just the top 3 matches? Did they just do this last year?

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
last year we saw 3 cell matches. 2 for the world titles and 1 was the DX / Legacy grudge match.

I would assume a third one will be added. That is why I am still thinking that Cena/Barrett might end up in the cell.

XCaliber
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Sorry to spoil it for you all but Cena will win in typical fashion Nexus will find some way of getting their jobs back and they will face Cena's NXT Season 2 team at Survivor Series.

Next Big Thing
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM
no not ever match will be a HIAC

Barrett vs Cena is booked as follows:

Cena wins Nexus dissolves
Barrett wins Cena joins Nexus

That's enough of a gimmick right there so I don't see this one going into the cell now but it's possible.

Random thoughts:

I think Cena and Barrett have to go in the cell in order to keep Nexus out. Them running in and interfering with Cena in his matches starting with the Summerslam Cage match with Sheamus and continuing at Night of Champions has gotten old.

I was initially for a Cena heel turn with him being the Nexus mastermind, but the time to do it was at Summerslam.

Barrett's establishing himself as a star and is well on his way to becoming the top heel. If Cena is included in the Nexus and made the new leader he will no doubt over shadow Barrett in terms of visibility and mic time. It's also too soon for Barrett to be kicked out of the group and turned face. There's so much more he can do as a heel and with Jericho gone, Edge sucking donkey dick, and Sheamus being turned into a coward, Miz and Barrett might be the top two heels on the Raw brand.

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM
well that is one option Xcaliber. The good thing about being TPWW is that people like "out of the box" ideas. Yeah, WWE does tend to be horridly predictable but here we can write our hopes and dreams....or in this case just better ideas.

XCaliber
09-21-2010, 07:09 PM
well that is one option Xcaliber. The good thing about being TPWW is that people like "out of the box" ideas. Yeah, WWE does tend to be horridly predictable but here we can write our hopes and dreams....or in this case just better ideas.

Indeed but I do like some of the ideas presented here don't get me wrong but turning Barrett face would be a huge mistake especially this soon in his career.

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Barrett would not have to go face.

one option is briging in season 2 guys as his "new nexus"

The Naitch
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I think they might make Cena join Nexus. Why would they just drop this angle after all the build up they did for this? Cena could still remain face, just like the HBK/JBL deal.

They didn't have Rey Rey join SES, so I think they might go the opposite direction with this angle

Emperor Smeat
09-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Would be much better for the long term to have Cena lose to be in Nexus since that will free up the main event to give Orton more time with Sheamus or at least start the teasing of Miz cashing in again.

It could also give enough time for the inevitable Orton vs Cena title feud to happen later but this time with Cena as a tweener/heel and Orton as a face.

The Naitch
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I can't see this meaning that Cena will be a heel. He will be that face who exists in a heel stable

Besides, him joining means that it wasn't his decision to go heel, since it's stipulation based. Unless nthis becomes a way to gradually turn heel, like later on he has a change of heart

D Mac
09-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Cena won't ever turn heel. Quit getting our hopes up.

DLVH84
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
There's really only one man that can destroy Nexus and John Cena...

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/t/toshiakikawada/04.jpg

Xero
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/darren-young.jpg

sulzerdrone
09-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Finger poke of doom by Barrett on Cena.

Followed by Tony Schiavone flip out.

"OMG!!!!! Hogan, errr I mean Cena is the third... or seventh man!!!! or something...."

:shifty:

DLVH84
09-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Finger poke of doom by Barrett on Cena.

Followed by Tony Schiavone flip out.

"OMG!!!!! Hogan, errr I mean Cena is the third... or seventh man!!!! or something...."

:shifty:

I could see that.

Droford
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Cena won't ever turn heel. Quit getting our hopes up.
No, but the Nexus can turn face with Cena at the helm and dump Barrett out. Then Barrett goes and recruits the NXT Season 2 guys.

GANG WARZ II AT SURVIVOR SERIES

Ermaximus
09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs333.snc4/41660_100000239095338_1656_n.jpg

It could happen.

D Mac
09-23-2010, 10:45 PM

http://www.brutaltruthradio.com/SychoSid2.jpg

Damian Rey
09-23-2010, 11:08 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs333.snc4/41660_100000239095338_1656_n.jpg

It could happen.

Dear God....

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
My gut feeling, as Vito and many others have said, is that this is the end of Nexus. I don't think they want to destroy these guys' credibility, entirely; but I think the experiment is sort of over. Cena beat three of them in a row on RAW. Granted, his win over Slater came out of nowhere, he rolled up Otunga, etc. But I do think that these guys are going to be used elsewhere on the show. It's a shame, because I would have liked to have seen more of them get introduced into the main event scene via this angle.

Justin Gabriel was doing fine, but Heath Slater is someone that I think could have been turned into more of a star through this. They could have played up the way he had either falls or wins over Chris Jericho, Edge, Bret Hart, Sheamus, John Cena and Randy Orton. Put him into a competitive WWE Title match where he loses cleanly, but shows that he can hang in there. Otunga and Tarver are not ready, to be fair, so it's really only the momentum of Barrett, Gabriel & Slater I am worried about. Tarver and Otunga would have no doubt gotten better in the position, though.

If I were booking, I'd go with Wade Barrett winning cleanly. Since Darren Young's "face turn" hasn't really played out, I would have him cost Cena the match after a stipulation is added by the RAW General Manager -- "If anyone from Nexus interferes, Wade Barrett is immediately disqualified." Young, not being a member of Nexus, re-aligns with the group, and damns Cena to it.