PDA

View Full Version : What are they doing with Michael Cole?

Joe Kerr
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Over the last month or so Michael cole has been quite the asshole. if you caught Raw last night, hart dynasty joins on commentary and he ripped into them. Not dumb comments like king use to make but straight up get your ass kicked remarks. Even went so far as to saying they should just play the RAW vs. Smackdown game if they want to be tag team champions. He praised Dashing Cody Rhodes and Drew Mcintyre......then praised them more and more as if they were tag teaming his ass in the back. He's been on Miz's nuts since NXT started. Now the only way I can see him being this cocky and shooting off at the mouth towards the faces is if he is the GM....or there going to let someone beat the snot out of him.

Triple Naitch
09-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I think WWE creative knew that the fans hated him no matter what he did. So they gave him the freedom to act like as much of an ass as possible. Regardless of how much they hate him, he gets people talking. Look at all the threads made here.

Shadrick
09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I hate to be that guy but, I was able to move past Maryse in your sig, and I wanted to say its *you're

Joe Kerr
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I hate to be that guy but, I was able to move past Maryse in your sig, and I wanted to say its *you're

You would be the guy to move past tits to correct spelling.

Swiss Ultimate
09-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I like Michael Cole a whole lot more now than I did 5-6 years ago.

Joe Kerr
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2249/6bd254f4846a1fc263d49e5.gif (http://img201.imageshack.us/i/6bd254f4846a1fc263d49e5.gif/)

bigslimjj
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
He's gonna get his fucking head kicked in.

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Big Cole supporter as of late. Still odd that King is the straight guy but Cole was obnoxious before..this is just a tolerable and good version of his normal self...cuz at least now it seems its a character.

Volare
09-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Cole is great, but King acts like a bitch now more than ever. If there was someone to counter everything Cole said, we could have golden commentary.

Matthews for example would always challenge Cole on what he said during NXT, and it was entertaining as hell to hear them go back and fourth. Even when they agreed on certain points, I started paying more attention to what they would be saying then what's going on in the ring.

The Jayman
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I think Striker is the perfect person to counter Cole. Some of their bickering at NoC was entertaining

Volare
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Only problem is, Stryker can be annoying as hell sometimes, and I can listen to Matthews talk all night.

Domino
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah Cole's been surprisingly awesome as of late, and Striker's been annoying the hell out of me.

Crazy turn of events.

Londoner
09-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm loving Cole atm, just seen a highlight from raw last night of him getting a Miz autograph in the wwe magazine, cracked me up. :D

EDWARD
09-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I gotta say that I've actually enjoyed Cole as of late. The commentary game was kinda stale for quite some time. Now Cole is being the ass that he is, it certainly adds some spice to the commentary table.

Ermaximus
09-21-2010, 03:36 PM
"To Michael Cole, my #1 Mizfit. The Miz."

Volare
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
That, was truely Awwwwwwwwwesome!

Next Big Thing
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't like the fact that Cole isn't a consistent asshole though. Like a couple of weeks back when Sheamus, Cena, and Edge were on commentary... they buried Cena and even Cole got in on it. If he's going to be a heel announcer he should just go full heel and not pick and choose certain guys.

Am I the only one who thinks it's time for King to go? J.R. doesn't need King, but King needs J.R. Cole needs someone who can be a straight babyface and actually engage him rather than the one line half hearted responses that Lawler gives. I really hope they go for a 3 man booth in the future with Mathews, Cole, and Stryker. Mathews and Cole have a good back and forth on NXT and if Stryker can tone down the questions/ history lessons they both could compliment Cole well.

XL
09-23-2010, 07:44 PM
From what we've heard King has been half-assing it for quite some time. He doesn't bother to watch ECW/NXT, Superstars or even SmackDown! so when one of their guys get's drafted over or used for whatever reason on Raw he is clueless. King is pretty much phoning it in at this point and I have disliked him for years.

As for Cole, they have brought this heel character on gradually starting with Danielson on NXT (for being an internet darling) whilst playing his normal face character on Raw. Now, with Danielson on Raw it's come across there and now it's moved on to The Hart Dynasty and talkng up The Miz. I think it would have been hard to swallow if Cole suddenly just rounded on all the faces. Perhaps that answers the first part of NBT's post.

Mjdiesel
09-26-2010, 01:12 AM
I attribute this more to Cole simply having been stale. Jim Ross is in a class by himself as a wrestling announcer. Management would probably rather eat glass than say Michael Cole is in the same company.

So what do they do? They let him do whatever he wants---basically im not saying anything different or more interesting than the other responses, which pretty much have it covered.

DLVH84
09-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Now, they're desperate. Nobody can top Jim Ross.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2010, 02:09 AM
I would like to see Michael Cole become the General Manager after the guy behind the computer is revealed (not Cole). Then Josh Mathews can come up to RAW. :y:

Even Todd Grisham wouldn't be that bad. The Grish has really grown on me as an announcer, and he actually takes some shots at faces sometimes, but he doesn't sound like a complete dick. He's got some personality, but it never overshadows the matches. Grisham moving up to RAW to work with King could be...interesting. King would need some edge back, though, and act like working with Todd was insulting to him. Move Mathews to SmackDown!, as I think he and Striker would make a really good team.

Destro 2.0
09-26-2010, 02:30 AM
I think Micheal Cole is one of those guys with bizarre sexual preferences like he is wearing womens underwear under his clothes or he Dresses up like Cookie Monster and has a Hooker or Ring Rat spank him.

James Steele
09-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Matthews/Cole/Punk should announce every WWE event.

CSL
09-26-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm not sure Punk's 'Oh shit, he slammed him on his fucking face!' brand of commentary is acceptable for PG TV.

James Steele
09-26-2010, 02:44 AM
http://images.teamtalk.com/08/08/800x600/WWE-RAW-Batista-John-Cena-Mike-Adamle_1085782.jpg

BizarroKing
09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
This thread needs more gong

Damian Rey
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
I love Michael Cole right now. I don't know if I'd want him to go full heel though. I'd find it more interesting if his character acts a certain way on a case by case basis. Like with Edge, who seems to be entering a storyline that may reveal the actual GM. Cole being an ass to Edge would be great.

I also loved how he was ripping the Hart Dynasty last week. Priceless.

They do need to move either a full blown babyface announcer into the booth, or someone who's a bit more objective towards everyone and doesn't play favorites like Cole. King is not that person.

Gertner
09-27-2010, 12:29 AM
His anti-smark gimmick is awesome.
He cheers Cena because the IWC hates him, cheers the Miz because Smarks hate him, and boos the vanilla midget IWC darling Kaval and Danielson. It's amazing.

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
He needs someone smarky to play off against, then. Josh Mathews fits.

James Steele
09-27-2010, 12:20 PM
He needs someone smarky to play off against, then. Josh Mathews fits.

Matthews/Cole/Punk should announce every WWE event.

NXT has the best announcing of any show on television. Season 3 would be more painful than getting fucked in the ass by a chainsaw if it wasn't for the announcing. Thanks to them, NXT Season 3 feels more like getting fucked in the ass by rusty fork...oddly addicting.

James Steele
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
:shifty:

MoFo
09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Now, they're desperate. Nobody can top Jim Ross.

Shut the fuck up.

Cole, Punk and Matthews are all better than JR.

Swiss Ultimate
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
His anti-smark gimmick is awesome.
He cheers Cena because the IWC hates him, cheers the Miz because Smarks hate him, and boos the vanilla midget IWC darling Kaval and Danielson. It's amazing.

Smarks don't love Miz?

Joe Kerr
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Cole, Punk and Matthews are all better than JR.

Come on, Jr had some of the best unusual quotes. I remember when Taker first used Limp Bizkit and they sang(or whatever they do) him to the ring. Jr says (in regards to taker) "His bizkits arnt limp i can gaurentee that." :wtf::shifty::naughty::lol:

James Steele
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4718/99526208.jpg

SaskatchewanChamp
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Cole is being used as a tool too help get over the talent Vince wants to get over. It is really as simple as that.

Snowden
09-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Cole is being used as a tool too help get over the talent Vince wants to get over. It is really as simple as that.

And he's doing a good goddamn job of it. His antagonism of Daniel Bryan has been fantastic, and his little shtick as the anonymous GM's mouthpiece has also been pretty great.

Gertner
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Smarks don't love Miz?

Noooo, especially now that's he's feuding with their love child.

CWK
09-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Some of you can hate Cole if you will but truth be told, he being a play-by-play announcer gets more heat from the crowd than 99% of the heel wrestlers on the WWE roster. They honestly should be taking notes.

Michael Cole for GM.