PDA

View Full Version : Shelton Benjamin = Class Act!

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Shelton Benjamin finally posted about his WWE release (http://twitter.com/Sheltyb803), here is what he had to say…
“WWE never made me any promises just gave me an opportunity to make money. And I made a lot of money, so (they) fulfilled their end. I am not bitter or scourned and I’ve got too much pride, passion, and confidence in myself to cry like a baby because i was released. Do I think I should have been a World Champion, HELL YES!, was I underutilized, without a doubt, do I have issue with WWE, NO! I NEED TO BE AWAY FROM WWE so I can grow are a performer. There are many things about that company that SUCK, but i got no time to be crying about it. I am enjoying a good life now and if history serves chances are you haven’t seen the last on me in WWE even if I go elsewhere along the way.”

Like many of my pals here on the TPWW, Shelton was many a fan's favorite underdog due to his extreme talent in the ring, only to be hindered a bit by his personality on the mic...

Over the years i thought he deserved a better push once or twice, but let's face it... On the mic, not so good... But neither was Lance Storm or the ever popular Steve Blackmann, but they were AWESOME...

Post your favorite Benjamin comments, poics & vids as a small tribute to the GOLD STANDARD...

Volare
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Benjamin is a good all around talent, I got a feeling he'll be back eventually.

The Jayman
09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
The Gold Standard is awesome. I'm not talking about Shelton. I am referring to TPWW.net poster The Gold Standard

Cool King
09-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I think it's good that now he can grow are a performer.

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
On topic, Shelton Benjamin was amazing, off-topic, as our poster The Gold Standard.

Ermaximus
09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Ain't no stopping him, Nowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

bigslimjj
09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
TNA should have already signed him.

Ermaximus
09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
TNA should have already signed him.

They won't sign him or Haas.

Londoner
09-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I think it's good that now he can grow are a performer.

:D

Seriously though hope it works out for him. WWE fucked it up with Shelton being the ignorant cunts they're.

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 04:51 PM
They won't sign him or Haas.

Just outta curiosity, why won't they sign them? I missed that one...

Ermaximus
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Just outta curiosity, why won't they sign them? I missed that one...

If they wanted them both that bad, they would've done it by now. How could any sane organization pass on 2 talents like that?

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
If they wanted them both that bad, they would've done it by now. How could any sane organization pass on 2 talents like that?

Very true...

Jeritron
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't believe TNA has passed on Shelton but signs some of the guys they do. They seem mainly concerned with whether or not they wrestled in a boom period

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh and, a lil' time travel tribute... T3...
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1574
World's Greatest...
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1573
&
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1572

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
I can't believe TNA has passed on Shelton but signs some of the guys they do. They seem mainly concerned with whether or not they wrestled in a boom period

Yeah let's recreate WCW & ECW and ride on the old ass coattails, but ignore the guys who still got it in the ring and build on it... Chicken Shits...

Jeritron
09-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't see how this makes Shelton Benjamin a class act. I guess it's cool that he isn't gonna bitch about WWE, but then he turns around and says it sucks and he was underused.
Seems like the general thesis of the whole thing was putting himself over.

The Pope
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah let's recreate WCW & ECW and ride on the old ass coattails, but ignore the guys who still got it in the ring and build on it... Chicken Shits...

And had they signed him, you would have said, "Another WWE reject TNA signs"

jskinnyg
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
And had they signed him, you would have said, "Another WWE reject TNA signs"

Not with these guys though, especially Shelton because he still has a lot of years left... I don't think ALL of the WCW/WWE/ECW guys in TNA suck... Just the ones that are WAY past their prime and maybe need to stay out of the ring...

XL
09-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Thing is, we know he is the goods in the ring and whilst being on the independent scene might allow him to really push that aspect of his game...he sucks on the mic. And I can't see the indies helping him there.

The Gold Standard
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
The Gold Standard is awesome. I'm not talking about Shelton. I am referring to TPWW.net poster The Gold Standard

My Man

The Gold Standard
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I think it makes Shelton look better going away from WWE. I hope to see him improve his game in ROH. I think that would be the best thing for him. He can show off his skills and work on his promos. When you look at most of the guys who come from ROH they are pretty good talkers. I think ti can only help.

Jeritron
09-23-2010, 10:53 PM
It always makes you look better when you are unemployed instead of working for the most dominant company in your field

Damian Rey
09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't see how this makes Shelton Benjamin a class act. I guess it's cool that he isn't gonna bitch about WWE, but then he turns around and says it sucks and he was underused.
Seems like the general thesis of the whole thing was putting himself over.

I'd rather think of it as being an honest optimist more so than a "class act".

I don't think he's bitching more so than just being honest about how he was used. He sounds a ton more appreciative of what he was able to accomplish and the oppurunities given to him than 99% of guys who get the pink slip these days.

I also think he's hoping for a return sometime in the near future, and figured why burn a bridge?

Jeritron
09-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Actually it seems like 95% of releases blog about how appreciative they are about working for WWE and would love to return some day, etc.
Seems like standard practice.
Everyone not named Paul London does that because they would like to potentially make money in wrestling again someday. So I disagree that it's anything new or out of the ordinary.
At least in the past couple years.

Jeritron
09-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Once they realize they are never returning to WWE, and they run out of money, they then turn around and blast WWE. This happens in a shoot interview on youtube, because it's the only way to make some cash if TNA doesn't pick them up on the rebound.

Damian Rey
09-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Actually it seems like 95% of releases blog about how appreciative they are about working for WWE and would love to return some day, etc.
Seems like standard practice.
Everyone not named Paul London does that because they would like to potentially make money in wrestling again someday. So I disagree that it's anything new or out of the ordinary.
At least in the past couple years.

Well then I stand corrected, sir.

Either way, I hope he gets a second chance. He's a very solid hand in the ring, and I never got why they dropped him in the first place. He's more than useful in the midcard.

The Pope
09-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Not with these guys though, especially Shelton because he still has a lot of years left... I don't think ALL of the WCW/WWE/ECW guys in TNA suck... Just the ones that are WAY past their prime and maybe need to stay out of the ring...

:y:

Jimmy Cones
09-23-2010, 11:48 PM
WWE should have kept the Shelton/Morrison feud going longer. They could have really elevated each other I think. Instead they had Shelton lose 3 times in a row and ended it. It's a shame since they could have been really creative in some sort of gimmick match.

Fox
09-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Shelton was awesome for a time, but WWE dropped the ball with him. You can say that it's his fault, but his performances in the ring speak for themselves. Paul Heyman knew the key to making a star: hide the negatives, accentuate the positives. Benjamin just needed to be built up as a pure athlete and kept off the mic. Give him a fucking manager for Christ's sake; someone who could talk FOR him and help him build up a character.

I know he'll be back in the WWE one day, hopefully after he spends some time in the independent circuit and overseas, where he might be able to find his character.

Fox
09-24-2010, 12:22 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1suHora7TcI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1suHora7TcI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5mZHhVVPrU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5mZHhVVPrU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwjM-LXBFQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwjM-LXBFQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
09-24-2010, 12:53 AM
:D

Seriously though hope it works out for him. WWE fucked it up with Shelton being the ignorant cunts they're.

Shelton had several chances to shine, and any time he got close to the spotlight, he fucked up. Don't blame WWE this time. I think if he had pulled his own weight, he would have gone places. It's clear WWE had at least a marginal interest in making him bigger. But the guy chokes, and that's a bad trait in a performer.

9 times out of 10 I'll be happy to blame WWE. There is the occasion, however, where someone else does something wrong.

Tom Guycott
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Thing is, we know he is the goods in the ring and whilst being on the independent scene might allow him to really push that aspect of his game...he sucks on the mic. And I can't see the indies helping him there.

...and that brings me back to what I just posted in the managerial thread about needing to see "The Doctor of Style" take the mic and compensate for someone like Shelton's lack of speaking ability.

"You see we have a tremendous athletic specimen called "The Gold Standard", and you know The Slickster is all about the monayyyy!"

DInsaneOne
09-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Shelton is really talented in the ring, i think he should stay in ROH and do the odd appearence for WWC (especially shows in Trinidad and Tobago) .

I would probably put a manager to work with him...someone who is really good in the mic and can teach him to cut a promo. He could probably reach out to some of the older stars who can cut promos and ask for advice like flair, foley, heyman and if he was healthy bobby heenan.

IF he gets his shit together, WWE will hire him back because they are still lookng for that breakout african american star to appeal to that demographic as rey does for the latinos.

RiX1024
09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
underrated and underused. always liked WGTT.

Fignuts
09-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not bitter, but here are few bitter sounding things I have to say about WWE

BigDaddyCool
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
He had in ring talent, but we all know that doesn't mean crap.

whiteyford
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I also think he's hoping for a return sometime in the near future, and figured why burn a bridge?

Thats what i thought when i read it. Thought it sucked when he got released but if it gives him a chance to tweak his gimmick and get some more mic time elsewhere then its not all bad. Least when he comes back he'll be a fresh face rather than jobber to the stars.