PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't TNA signed London, Benjamin, or Haas?

BollywoodSingh
09-28-2010, 11:07 PM
When Paul London got released by WWE almost 2 years ago, I assumed that TNA would pick him up for sure? Same with Benjamin and Haas, as TNA usually has picked up the strong workers that WWE has let go.

Is there a particular reason why TNA hasn't signed any of these guys?

The tag division would be awesome with the Motor City Machines and Beer Money along with London & Kendrick and Haas & Benjamin.

Juan
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe they don't want to be in TNA?

Paul London is a mess tho, so I can see TNA not wanting him.

The Naitch
09-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm trying to google this whole "mess" incident but can't find any answers.

What happened here?

Juan
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Well he's not "Scott Hall" mess, but he's burned some bridges, I'd say.

Check out his and Brian Kendrick's shoot interview from a few months ago.

MoFo
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Paul London is a troublemaking cunt.

Benjamin and Haas will probably go there after they have made some money on the indies/in ROH.

The Pope
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Paul London is a troublemaking cunt.

Benjamin and Haas will probably go there after they have made some money on the indies/in ROH.

I don't think they'd get more money in the indies.

Xero
09-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Less money but much more freedom.

Plus I'd imagine they're on the higher end of the pay spectrum on the indies, so it's not like they'd be making pennies.

Jeritron
09-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Paul London seems to do everything in his power to ensure being a wrestler that can't find employment in wrestling.
Dude seems like a total clown.

Not sure about the other two. I would think they'd have scooped them up based on their talent compared to most of what they hire off the WWE's future endeavor list, but it could be any number of things.

taker707
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I heard they tried to get London right after WWE let him go . Even giving him a tryout But he wanted way more money then TNA felt he was worth .

Sepholio
09-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Benjamin at least will end up back in WWE eventually. Haas might get another run too.

Fuck London though. He was an amazing talent and fucked himself over with his attitude.

James Steele
09-30-2010, 04:43 AM
:lol:

I remember when everyone shit a brick when Paul London got released.

Jeritron
09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Benjamin at least will end up back in WWE eventually.

Says who?

Juan
09-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Says who?

I think it's a possibility. He did an interview recently where you can tell he was treading lightly and didn't have anything too negative to say about WWE. At the very least, I think the door is open for an eventual return.

MoFo
09-30-2010, 10:00 AM
There was a report not long after he (Benjamin) got released saying that he was going to be resigned after he finished his college course or sthn. On a lower paid deal as well.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Dixie Carter says TNA employees can work anywhere except WWE. The only caviat is that they can't be used in any DVDs or television programs. She said that is one of the wrestler's benefits since they are not considered employees but independent contractors.

Reasons they aren't signed:

1. Maybe TNA is over picking up every wrestler WWE drops.
2. Haas and Benjamin like wrestling in ROH.
3. Shelton says he still wants to be in WWE one day if possible.
4. Drugs?

MoFo
09-30-2010, 11:35 PM
2. Haas and Benjamin like wrestling in ROH.

4. Drugs?

2. It was a one-off, they arent under contract there.

4. They have Jeff Hardy on the roster. Drugs isnt relevant to whether TNA sign ppl or not.

screech
10-02-2010, 02:51 AM
London was set to debut in TNA last year. It fell through because he got hurt (had to pull out of indy dates - back injury I think) and didn't tell management. They found out either the day of or day before and booted him.