PDA

View Full Version : Does Raw Need an All Powerful Stable?

Next Big Thing
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
A group of seven rookies, four of whom can't do shit doesn't count. Would you enjoy Raw more if we saw the return of a stable like Evolution or something even more pervasive like The Corporation?

Just working with what's there on the roster, I personally would enjoy seeing HHH return as the heel GM and put together an Evolution/Corporation hybrid with Barrett (Heavyweight Champ), Big Zeke once he's ready (enforcer/midcard title), Rhodes & McIntyre (tag team), and maybe LayCool to dominate the women's division (also because Layla is hot and they were more entertaining on commentary this week than King has been in 3 years). Maybe they can expand it to bring up some of the rookies as well. They could help the top guys cheat & job to the faces that are being built to challenge the stable.

I feel like the lack of credible heels is one of the things hurting the product with Orton RKOing everyone and Cena being Superman. With a stable like this, I think Orton and Cena character's would be refreshed having to go against such a powerful group. Plus, Orton's ruthless nature/ heelish tendencies would be more justified and win Cena inevitably wins the title it will seem as if he truly overcame the odds. HHH being revealed as the GM also turns Edge into a face and I think he could have some good interactions with HHH on the mic.

What do you guys think?

DrCrawford
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
id like it if it were done right. thats why i liked the corporation. it wasnt just standing in the ring talking, it was a lot of screwing over, and twists that made them seem powerful, not just with words

nexus had such potential. if they would have kept the savagery from the first attack, it wouldve been awesome. if they caused chaos backstage as well as in the ring. but instead they just stand around in the ring anymore.

Shadrick
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
It could definitely be good if done correctly. It'd have to have that mix of veteran as well as new blood like Evolution was, but if done correctly, it could be entertaining as well as get a lot of guys over.

The Naitch
09-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I like the idea of Triple H being the GM, starting this whole thing off

Supreme Olajuwon
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
If my main man Smokey was here, he'd correctly tell you that they should reform the Nation.

MVP
Mark Henry
Ezekiel Jackson
Kaval (I know he's Puerto Rican, I don't give a shit)
maybe Abraham Washington

The Naitch
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
that would be sweet if Rock came back for 3 months to help build them up.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
DAMN

The Naitch
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
but then again, I don't think Rock's (present day) character suits it.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
SUCK IT.

Next Big Thing
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM
If my main man Smokey was here, he'd correctly tell you that they should reform the Nation.

MVP
Mark Henry
Ezekiel Jackson
Kaval (I know he's Puerto Rican, I don't give a shit)
maybe Abraham Washington

What would be the point? The Nation of Domination was perfect for when it came out. It came it about after the Million Man March in Washington D.C. and was patterned after Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. It worked because the Nation of Domination reflected some of the things that were happening in real life on the social and political level and it scared the shit out of the majority white wrestling audience.

What the hell would they have to be pissed about today when there's a black President (arguably the most powerful and influential man in the world), black Attorney General, the first latina Supreme Court Justice, and black governors in Massachusetts and New York for the first time in history? Just sticking a bunch of talented black wrestlers together to complain about "the man" will get old quickly and won't affect WWE's majority white audience like the original Nation did.

The Naitch
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
he likes the nostalgia, that's all

I agree, there is no point

Supreme Olajuwon
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry the idea upsets you so much, Next Big Thing. It doesn't actually have to be an issue of racial discrimination. It'd be more of a brotherhood thing.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
It'd be a group of militant "fuck your shit up and leave" wrestlers with MVP as its mouthpiece. I wouldn't want Kofi Kingston or JTG or R Truth in it because that's not their style.

The Brotherhood.

Next Big Thing
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM
It doesn't upset me. I just think WWE wastes enough black talent by having them come out to shitty rap music and talk about how they're from the streets or the Caribbean... :shifty:

They made Kofi pretend to be Jamaican.

Shelton needed his "mama" to come out and help him.

Booker had to deal with Flair's borderline racist "you're not good enough" bullshit in the build up to Wrestlemania where he should have beaten HHH (sorry James Steele I love you).

How many championships does Cryme Tyme have? Together they were better on the mic, displayed more charisma, and you could argue were as good as or better than most of the other tag teams ring wise (especially when the tag division was at its lowest point), yet they spent more time in skits where they were stealing, vandalizing, or selling shit than they did wrestling in the ring. That gimmick took them far and its made JTG and Shad even bigger stars right? I think JTG almost main evented Superstars two weeks ago... and he did get to tap to CM Punk that one time...

R Truth and John Cena have the same basic gimmick, yet one guy is a multi time world champ and the other is in midcard hell despite the midcard guy being better at the gimmick, more talented in the ring and arguably just as good on the mic.

The two most talented members of the Nation, Rock and Faarooq became much bigger stars when they were allowed to be characters that appealed to the masses and not playing characters that were obsessed with race or characters that were nothing more than ignorant stereotypes.

Take Zeke. What would get him over faster, more exposure on the show and in recaps, and probably earn him more money? Being the new Mark Henry in the Nation of Brotherhood or being the new Batista in a stable with HHH?

Wolfpack423
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
A group of seven rookies, four of whom can't do shit doesn't count. Would you enjoy Raw more if we saw the return of a stable like Evolution or something even more pervasive like The Corporation?

Just working with what's there on the roster, I personally would enjoy seeing HHH return as the heel GM and put together an Evolution/Corporation hybrid with Barrett (Heavyweight Champ), Big Zeke once he's ready (enforcer/midcard title), Rhodes & McIntyre (tag team), and maybe LayCool to dominate the women's division (also because Layla is hot and they were more entertaining on commentary this week than King has been in 3 years). Maybe they can expand it to bring up some of the rookies as well. They could help the top guys cheat & job to the faces that are being built to challenge the stable.

I feel like the lack of credible heels is one of the things hurting the product with Orton RKOing everyone and Cena being Superman. With a stable like this, I think Orton and Cena character's would be refreshed having to go against such a powerful group. Plus, Orton's ruthless nature/ heelish tendencies would be more justified and win Cena inevitably wins the title it will seem as if he truly overcame the odds. HHH being revealed as the GM also turns Edge into a face and I think he could have some good interactions with HHH on the mic.

What do you guys think?

I would like to see another Corporation stable as it is probably my favorite faction ever besides the nWo Wolfpack and nWo Hollywood. I think we'll have a major heel faction soon anyway as I see Cena joining Nexus. He'll take over the group and then will really dominate WWE.

I thought Laycool specifically Layla were more annoying then they ever were on RAW. I like Michelle as I think she is good in the ring, but I can't stand Layla. I know she is the goddess of the IWC, but I just don't see why. I don't think she is anything special.

Volare
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
First off http://www.sexywrestlingbabes.net/Pictures/Layla-El/Layla-El-0095.jpg

and second...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9diwJK1zY8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9diwJK1zY8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Volare
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
And for my gif freaks out there

http://img.waffleimages.com/7768b641181bd0421213a8885bb438cd83429390/layladiamonddustmelina.gif

Supreme Olajuwon
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Next Big Thing, you are way off. This isn't about racial equality. It's about giving talented guys direction and exposure. And your D'Lo Brown comparison conveniently mentions the only Nation member who didn't use his spot in the stable to launch himself to a very good career.

Next Big Thing
09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Next Big Thing, you are way off. This isn't about racial equality. It's about giving talented guys direction and exposure. And your D'Lo Brown comparison conveniently mentions the only Nation member who didn't use his spot in the stable to launch himself to a very good career.

No I'm right on target. How will putting all the black guys together give them direction or exposure? If the WWE doesn't give a shit about giving these talented guys individuals characters that will get them over with the masses and pushes that will give them a shot at establishing themselves as upper mid card or main event, why the hell would they care about pushing them as a group? If MVP can't get over Jack Swagger alone, why would he win in a group? If Mark Henry isn't doing jack shit now and was never upper midcard or main event, why would a group change that? Even if they win, it will likely be due to interference from the "Brotherhood." They'd never go over clean and they'd never beat a guy high on the card. All it will lead to is them collectively doing nothing but opening the show on Smackdown with a rambling promo about how they're "brothers" here to make a stand... then they'll go beat up Chavo and other lower card guys. My point was that these guys don't need to be in a group to get over, especially in a group that, no matter how much you say it's about brotherhood, will be viewed as something based on race by most of the fans and since it's the fans that boo or cheer, the fans that buy merchandise, and the fans that watch the segments, I'd say that's important.

You say D'Lo was the only nation member who didn't use his spot in the stable to launch himself into a very good career, your words not mine. The Nation broke up in 1999 and D'Lo went on to win a European title and I.C. title. He didn't do much, and based on your words you agree. So let's look at what happened to those who were left.

Kama Mustafa: Repackaged as "The Godfather" and wrestled in lime green pants.... He pretty much was a glorified pimp most known for bringing out his "hos" (not gonna lie, that was good shit) but still... WWE took a guy capable enough of pulling off three different gimmicks (Shango, Mustafa, and The Godfather) and made him a goofy pimp. He had one run as the I.C. champ before joining Right to Censor (yes... that group wasn't lower midcard or anything :shifty:) where he won the tag belt with Stevie Richards I think.... and that's it. I'm not sure I'd call that a "very good career."

Mark Henry: I can't really knock Mark Henry, but I wouldn't say he's done anything other than be midcard his whole career. You have a young, ripped black dude so what do you do? Give him the moniker "Sexual Chocolate" and do an angle where he knocks up some old bitch .... good start to your career post Nation. He won the European belt then lost it to... D-Lo. He was so out of shape in 2000 he got sent down to OVW... that's how you capitalize.... He did have his program with Taker.... I guess jobbing to him three times on pay per view is a "very good career." He did have the world title run on the WWE's C-List show, but we all know that that was to placate him after the dumb shit Michael Hayes said and not because WWE really wanted to push him. What has he done since then? Get jumped by Nexus and form a interesting relationship with Evan Bourne where they save everyone watching at home some time by jobbing together instead of in separate matches. He definitely has gotten more exposure these past two or three years. Too bad it took him ten years to get to that point though.

parkmania
09-29-2010, 05:40 PM
What the hell would they have to be pissed about today when there's a black President (arguably the most powerful and influential man in the world), black Attorney General, the first latina Supreme Court Justice, and black governors in Massachusetts and New York for the first time in history?

They wouldn't HAVE to be pissed. They could use all the factors you point out to say "We're taking over, and there's nothing you can do about it." I've heard several black people talk about "now that Obama's in charge we can do whatever we want."

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Unless there was a compelling reason for them to be together and someone was booked as a credible threat to them, I would hate it.

In fact, Nexus has been the only thing to get me to watch Raw weekly since... Probably before evolution.

Or book the mexicools as dominant. That will do me.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Tell a lie, I did watch it a month straight after WM 20

Boondock Saint
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Loved The Corporation. Would love to see a stable like that again.

dronepool
09-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Sure, I like stables.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I think Nexus could be that group. They're probably the most interesting thing on that show.

But if I were to forge another stable on RAW, I would start with Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes. They never really officially broke up as Legacy, did they? A few troubles here and there, but seeing the Legacy kids back together with their newer gimmicks would be...interesting. Rhodes has that partnership with Drew McIntyre, as well -- so that would be a good place to start with a third member. Ted DiBiase also brings with him Maryse.

DiBiase's resources can be the explanation for more members. I think I'd enjoy Ezekiel Jackson most as an enforcer for someone -- so him joining DiBiase, Rhodes & McIntyre would make sense from that perspective. I also like the idea of DiBiase paying a veteran off to help him out, further his learning and help him win matches. William Regal seems like a perfect fit for that, and his past with Ezekiel Jackson would make sense, too.

If they do go with Maryse and DiBiase splitting up, you can always just replace her with Layla. She has that history with William Regal, and when they eventually decide to split LayCool, she's going to need something to do. She's improving so much in the ring, and I think she can handle a role like this one. Could make her a Diva heat machine -- especially if they imply she is banging all of them.

The only other two guys I would consider adding are Sheamus and Primo. They have acknowledged the friendship between Sheamus and Drew McIntyre on the air, and Sheamus would add that main event level presence to the group. I don't think DiBiase, Rhodes or even McIntyre are just ready yet. Primo is a random name, but he's a second generation star like Rhodes & DiBiase, and I remember when Carlito came out to voice his support for Sheamus when he won the Breakout Battle Royal. Primo could be in there in a lackey sort of role (although he would eventually, hopefully, climb the ranks).

DLVH84
09-29-2010, 10:15 PM
If Triple H does turn heel, he could form and lead an Evolution-esque stable with...

Ted DiBiase (IC or U.S. title)
Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre (Tag Team titles)
Michelle McCool (Divas title, the Laycool duo will not last long)

AJHayes
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
What RAW needs is someone who John Cena cannot beat. Someone for Cena to chase and chase, and never quite get there (for 6 months to a year) then have the big blow-off at wrestlemania.

..that and to use their sports entertainers properly.

AJHayes
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
John Cena needs to go on a quest to find Sal Bandini.