PDA

View Full Version : PG rating?

The Naitch
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Did I miss something here? When did this PG rating come into place? And why?

dronepool
10-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Probably because Vince wants to appeal to more people and make more money while trying to make the WWE more "wholesome" (yuck) because of people bitching and probably to help his wifes run in office.

Gertner
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Lol yes, because the Attitude Era was full of gems.

The Pope
10-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Because Linda is in politics now, and is running for something in Connecticut (not spelled right).

Supreme Olajuwon
10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Because there's advertising money in PG television. That's really all it is.

Londoner
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
You seem to be missing alot, Naitch.

MoFo
10-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Because one of their wrestlers murdered his family so they decided to tone it down a bit.

Aguakate
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
If you get a kid when he's young (let's say, 10 years old), and you reel him in and make him/her interested in your product, and he becomes a wrestling fan, you are guaranteeing that that child will be into your product as a kid, a young adult, and adult. Also, that child, when he grows up and has kids, is more than likely going to have his kids watch wrestling, too, and they also will become fans, etc.

So WWE, by reeling in kids, are guaranteeing that they will never go out of style...plus, there's alot more money in PG, because parents are going to the shows with their kids, and the kids will want the parents to buy merchandise, etc.

WWE wins all around.

The Naitch
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, the whole Attitude schtick was created out of desperation anyways. If you look back, it was all about being PG. Good point

Eklipse
10-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Because Linda is in politics now, and is running for something in Connecticut (not spelled right).

Connecticut...you are correct.

Juan
10-09-2010, 12:03 AM

Can't believe so many people actually believe this.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Can't believe so many people actually believe this.

That it is spelled Connecticut? Or that Linda is the reason behind this whole PG thing?

PG is all about money guys. Don't be a fucking tool and use your brains for once. WWE lost a great deal of sponsors in the Attitude era and subsequent years due to rating lowering. ParentsTVCoucil campaigned and got a lot of key sponors like Coke and pepsi to pull advertising from USA and later SpikeTV. Or at least sponsors pulled and then PTC claimed credit for doing it.

Now WWE has gotten some of those sponsors back mainly Pepsi who owns 7/11. For the last two years WWE has been sponsored by 7/11 for Summerslam. So, the PG has been successful for what WWE wanted it to be. They also picked up one of the biggest toy makers Mattel to make their action figures. Mattel is the company who makes Barbie dolls which are well known for making Ken dolls with no balls. So, Mattel isn't going to like WWE to sway too far out of the PG era. Honestly with Mattel we're pretty lucky that it is only PG.

The PG movement was a purely finicial descision and it was made long before Linda announced her candiacy and offically withdrew as the WWE's CEO. From this point forward I suggest that everybody Neg rep anybody who wastes our time again by suggesting this was a political move. It's getting annoying telling off these fools, noobs and idiots.

Nicky Fives
10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
sponsorship money.... being PG-13 opens alot more doors as to companies that would be willing to sponsor them...... Pepsi is the only one that comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.....

Kane Knight
10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
sponsorship money.... being PG-13 opens alot more doors as to companies that would be willing to sponsor them...... Pepsi is the only one that comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.....

Didn't they get 7-11 back after they went PG, too?

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Didn't they get 7-11 back after they went PG, too?

7/11 is Pepsi as I said in my post. They have sponsored two Summerslams in a row.