PDA

View Full Version : A New Nation

J Dogg Funk
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Just wondering aloud and I would love to hear your thoughts. I would like to propose a NEW Nation of Domination if you will. Since Kofie Kingston has been off air for a while now, why not bring him back under a new name more fitting to him being from Ghana and leading this new faction. The guy does have mic skills as this could go a long way towards his development. You could also add Ezikiel Jackson (who is working his way back) as the Muscle, with either Abraham Washington or Micheal Tarver joining as well. I would also throw in Alicia Fox, so this group could move freely between any angles that creative could come up with.

What are your thoughts????

Next Big Thing
10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
:nono:

Snowden
10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
http://images.ientrymail.com/searchnewz/SN_DontRecycle_340.jpg

Triple Naitch
10-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Just get all of the black people in WWE and put them in a stable together.

Razzamajazz
10-07-2010, 02:30 PM
will they be led by a white man? dibiase?

Eklipse
10-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Just get all of the black people in WWE and put them in a stable together.

Racist!!!
But I digress....:)

The Naitch
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
dumb idea.

Next Big Thing
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
No. I think Triple Naitch was making a point about how stupid it would be to bring back The Nation. Every time one of these threads pops up it basically involves taking the company's most talented or promising stars (Kofi, Zeke, etc...) and having him restart the Nation why? The answer usually goes someting like "They could come out and be like we're taking over because Obama's the President and we're united..." or some dumb answer like that.

Let it go.

RiX1024
10-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Computer says no.

XL
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
IF we HAD to do it, I'd leave Kofi out entirely. Let's see...

MVP - Leader/Mouthpiece
Jackson & Shad - Tag Team
R-Truth (maybe).

You could even have Mark Henry, Kofi, Truth (if not part of the group) oppose the "New Nation".

Next Big Thing
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
IF we HAD to do it, I'd leave Kofi out entirely. Let's see...

MVP - Leader/Mouthpiece
Jackson & Shad - Tag Team
R-Truth (maybe).

You could even have Mark Henry, Kofi, Truth (if not part of the group) oppose the "New Nation".

So pretty much what Triple Naitch said. Take all the black people and put them in either a stable seeking to dominate or a coalition opposing the stable. Sweet.

The Naitch
10-07-2010, 02:51 PM
since we're on the topic of recycling old ideas, we might as well just call them the Negro World Order

2 birds with 1 stone, baby YEAH

Next Big Thing
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
since we're on the topic of recycling old ideas, we might as well just call them the Negro World Order

2 birds with 1 stone, baby YEAH

It would definitely fit in with the black and white NWO style titanton. Just put in clips of old Civil Rights marches, black protesters getting sprayed by hoses, and white cops with police dogs. They'd need a white sympathizer ala Owen Hart... I say Evan Bourne since he already has a ebony and ivory relationship going with Mark Henry.

jskinnyg
10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
:nono:

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

bigslimjj
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Obama being president is why it wouldn't work. Now a muslim group may be too much still(Hassan comes to mind). A latino group of wrestlers may be more prevelent in today's society. With all the border problems because of drug cartels, immigration etc. it could work. But it would have to be bigger then L.A.X. More of a "Viva revolution" vibe if you will.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-07-2010, 04:25 PM
My Nation idea is awesome. These haters just don't want black guys on their tv.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
'Bragging Rights' should be changed to 'Race Wars'

BizarroKing
10-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Just put in clips of old Civil Rights marches, black protesters getting sprayed by hoses, and white cops with police dogs.

:wtf:

Nicky Fives
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Storylines involving racism aren't PG-13.....

Perry Saturn
10-08-2010, 06:26 AM
No. I think Triple Naitch was making a point about how stupid it would be to bring back The Nation. Every time one of these threads pops up it basically involves taking the company's most talented or promising stars (Kofi, Zeke, etc...) and having him restart the Nation why? The answer usually goes someting like "They could come out and be like we're taking over because Obama's the President and we're united..." or some dumb answer like that.

Let it go.

Nigga Please

AJHayes
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
We all saw the success that the "new rockers," the "new midnight express," the "new blackjacks," etc had...

Here's a great idea, take everything that has never worked and do it again. Yeah.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
We all saw the success that the "new rockers," the "new midnight express," the "new blackjacks," etc had...

Here's a great idea, take everything that has never worked and do it again. Yeah.

Counterpoint:

http://files.myopera.com/elfenom/blog/New_DX.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Counterpoint B:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b4AlOnWbv58/SdKxfgx50gI/AAAAAAAAAew/pqA5_ElDgyc/s320/10-1.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Counterpoint C:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hart-foundation.jpg

itsmeJD
10-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Counterpoint B:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b4AlOnWbv58/SdKxfgx50gI/AAAAAAAAAew/pqA5_ElDgyc/s320/10-1.jpg

Damn Benoit looks constipated as hell in this pic...

Eklipse
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Damn Benoit looks constipated as hell in this pic...

Looks more to me like he is trying to remember who he is and what he is doing there.

itsmeJD
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks more to me like he is trying to remember who he is and what he is doing there.

I was thinking that expression went to Arn...

Next Big Thing
10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
The only problem with that notion is you forget the fact that those stables all included an original member who was not only the cornerstone of the stable, but a main eventer and someone over with the fans. That's how they stayed relevant and didn't come off as repackaged bullshit like any new Nation of Domination would be.

Every incarnation of the Horsemen featured Flair (founder and one of the greatest of all time) and Arn. The Hart Foundation had Bret (founder and one of the greatest of all time) and even Anvil got back involved. DX doesn't fit here at all. DX wasn't inactive for 12 years and then brought back by a lower midcard secondary character past his prime but who is in it because they were apart of the original incarnation. It kept going after Shawn retired with Hunter (founder, over with the fans, and a hell of a lot more entertaining/ talented at this point in his career than Mark Henry could even dream of being) in charge.

Ric Flair, Bret Hart, HHH... Mark Henry. One of those names doesn't belong with the others. If The Rock was involved I'd reluctantly go with it. Same with Faarooq... but Mark Henry... not so much.

Mr. C
10-17-2010, 10:10 PM
A few years ago, this idea was pitched to Vince McMahon by Elijah Burke, Mark Henry, MVP, and Shelton Benjamin, but Vince wasn’t interested in starting an angle like this at the time.

Mooияakeя™
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DOA.jpg
Y . . . M . . . C . . . A

Damian Rey
10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
The only problem with that notion is you forget the fact that those stables all included an original member who was not only the cornerstone of the stable, but a main eventer and someone over with the fans. That's how they stayed relevant and didn't come off as repackaged bullshit like any new Nation of Domination would be.

Every incarnation of the Horsemen featured Flair (founder and one of the greatest of all time) and Arn. The Hart Foundation had Bret (founder and one of the greatest of all time) and even Anvil got back involved. DX doesn't fit here at all. DX wasn't inactive for 12 years and then brought back by a lower midcard secondary character past his prime but who is in it because they were apart of the original incarnation. It kept going after Shawn retired with Hunter (founder, over with the fans, and a hell of a lot more entertaining/ talented at this point in his career than Mark Henry could even dream of being) in charge.

Ric Flair, Bret Hart, HHH... Mark Henry. One of those names doesn't belong with the others. If The Rock was involved I'd reluctantly go with it. Same with Faarooq... but Mark Henry... not so much.

If they brought Faarooq back, I'd be okay with it. It's not like MVP and Kolfi are doing anything overly exciting right now anyways. MVP hasn't done anything of relevance in ages, and while Kolfi's on Team SmackDown! for Bragging Rights, he's still sort of floating around the IC title scene.

If they're going to get muscle for the group, it should be Zeke Jackson, not Mark Henry. Henry's had his time. Zeke is still relatively new to the current fan base, and he's far more intimidating when standing around then Mark Henry.

Mr. Nerfect
10-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Personally, I'd prefer it if one person got a "New Nation" gimmick. I'm not interested in seeing a stable. Perhaps someone like Shad Gaspard could bitch about not getting opportunities or something. Even a possible heel turn for JTG. Another black face can be like "Dude, what are you talking about? We live in a free world now, and we've got the power to make our own opportunities." Could be a pretty hot angle, although the attention it might get may not be entirely positive.