PDA

View Full Version : "they" of tna VS Raw anon. GM

The MAC
10-08-2010, 03:32 AM
so which of the 2 holds more interest to you?

I think the "they" thing is pretty weak and has the dumbest build up.If it turns out to be Bischoff and Hogan -it would have been expected. it will suck.

non. GM thing could have been so much better if they had actually copied inspector gadget a little bit, maybe showing us someone in shadows watching a monitor. He could be there stoking a cat like a classic criminal mastermind?

what do you think?

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-08-2010, 07:31 AM
No, that would make the Anonymous GM just like the Powers gimmick that be in WCW. That sucked.

J Dogg Funk
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
The TNA "They" has been so hyped up, I am sure it will be a huge letdown. I mean really? Who could they possibly be. Short of Shane MacMahon or Paul Heyman, who could TNA possibly bring in? Maybe Vince is buying TNA and cleaning house?

As for the Raw GM, I think the build up has been great and they could go in so many directions - Cole, Austin, the Rock, JR just to name a few.

Ruien
10-08-2010, 09:25 AM
The TNA "They" has been so hyped up, I am sure it will be a huge letdown. I mean really? Who could they possibly be. Short of Shane MacMahon or Paul Heyman, who could TNA possibly bring in? Maybe Vince is buying TNA and cleaning house?

As for the Raw GM, I think the build up has been great and they could go in so many directions - Cole, Austin, the Rock, JR just to name a few.

And it is going to be Abraham Washington

MoFo
10-08-2010, 09:35 AM
They are both shitty angles.

FourFifty
10-08-2010, 12:02 PM
The funny thing is I was about to post a poll with this topic in mind... Only it was going to be "Which one are you more tired of hearing about".

Schlomey
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
the "they" angle has gone on far too long & with TNA's track record for big flops and let downs I honestly think its just pure wrestlecrap that will be a huge letdown.

I enjoy the GM gimmick. I hope it's Michael Cole but honestly it has been done really really well (in my opinion here fellas) so regardless of who it is it should be considered a success. It started out lame but it has helped Cole get plenty of heat and it has been the cause of Edge's character change. All positive things in my book.

whiteyford
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah the "they" angle is gonna end really shitty. I like that its not a rushed 3 week PPV build angle but i don't think they ever really had an ending set in stone from the start so all that build is pointless. Whose 90 day no compete clause expires around the 10th?

The Pope
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah the "they" angle is gonna end really shitty. I like that its not a rushed 3 week PPV build angle but i don't think they ever really had an ending set in stone from the start so all that build is pointless. Whose 90 day no compete clause expires around the 10th?

:roll:

The Show Off
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
"They" is by far and away the better built storyline. The Raw GM is just silliness.

Will "They" be a let down? It depends on who you are.

Most likely "They" is either Jarrett, Bischoff, Hogan, all three, or 2 of the 3. Is that a let down? Maybe. If you're looking for the "They" thing to be some sort of huge surprise then of course the most likely option (by it's very definition) will be a let down. If you want the story line to make the most sense then Bischoff and Jarrett being "They" is actually the best reveal.

Bischoff and Jarrett have a feud going with Sting and Nash (and to a lesser extent Pope) in which Sting and Nash don't trust them. Why don't they trust them because they suspect that Bischoff and Jarrett are trying to take over TNA from Dixie Carter. What is the best way to take over TNA. Hostile takeover via letting loose the psychopath Abyss onto them. If it is Bischoff and Jarrett then the storyline makes sense.

Do you want it to make sense? Then Bischoff and Jarrett are "They."

Anything else will require a whole lot of explanation, which could either work or it couldn't.

Back on subject even if you do think "They" is stupid at least it is entertaining the Mystery Raw GM isn't even all that interesting save for Michael Cole losing his shit week in week out.

Tazz Dan
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
You know, I thought when I opened this thread if anyone would defend the 'they' angle it would be The Show Off. I wasn't dissapointed.

Personally, both angles are shit. Especially the fact that we can see Michael Cole reading his lines off a piece of paper everytime he goes to 'read an e-mail'. In saying that, I also believe the GM angle has done more in terms of character development and storyline than the 'they' storyline.

The Show Off
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
You know, I thought when I opened this thread if anyone would defend the 'they' angle it would be The Show Off. I wasn't dissapointed.

Personally, both angles are shit. Especially the fact that we can see Michael Cole reading his lines off a piece of paper everytime he goes to 'read an e-mail'. In saying that, I also believe the GM angle has done more in terms of character development and storyline than the 'they' storyline.

I'm surprised that after 10 years on these boards some people actually know who I am.

Sure you think I'm a shill for TNA, but at least you know me. I assure you however, I do mean what I say. You may think my opinions are silly but I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone or not blindly faithful to one company or the other I'm just telling it as I see it.

Next Big Thing
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Both angles are set up to fail. 10-10-10 has been hyped so much the past 2 and a half months that anything other than Batista, Lashley, Haas, and Benjamin coming in to kick ass and take names will fall short. If it's those guys from AAA wrestling I guarantee you that crowd will be so quiet you'll be able to hear a fart from the fifth row, not because they aren't good or talented, but because they don't fit the hype.

Same with the Raw GM. If it's anyone but Cole or HHH it's going to be a huge let down and likely result in the GM getting Xpac heat for the rest of his tenure.

Tazz Dan
10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm surprised that after 10 years on these boards some people actually know who I am.

Sure you think I'm a shill for TNA, but at least you know me. I assure you however, I do mean what I say. You may think my opinions are silly but I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone or not blindly faithful to one company or the other I'm just telling it as I see it.

Yeah wasn't really having a dig, I was just happy I was right :lol:

Like I said, I'm not really a big fan of either angles, and we're all entitled to out opinions. :y:

The MAC
10-09-2010, 07:18 AM
batista to tna? Who would care?

HHH being the Gm is a long shot. He liked being champion and will book him self for another year long run when he returns.

Michael cole as GM? Maybe but i would prefer a heel commentator role better. Cole was beaten up by dx, raped by someone and i think even JR fucked him up once. He doesnt have the authority.

I say gm should be...DOINK. A saddistic evik clown who just fucks with people for laughs. That would be awesome. Imagine Doink in suit ordering shit. Imagine cena having to take orders from a clown :shifty:

hell, it will be better than whatever let down they have planned.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I like the anon GM. I also like the Powers That Be, so there's no accounting for taste.