PDA

View Full Version : Hogan or Cena?

Rammsteinmad
10-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Who annoys you more?

MoFo
10-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Cena, because he is Hogan with less charisma and shitty promos.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Cena, because he is Hogan with less charisma and shitty promos.

This and cause Hogan appealed to a wider fan base. Cena fans typically are little girls and boys. Hogan's patriotism gimmick appealed to a wider audience because everybody was proud to be an American in the 1980s.

D Mac
10-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Jonathan Cena

D Mac
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Johnny B Cena

D Mac
10-09-2010, 09:21 AM
We've Cena Nuff

Xero
10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Hogan easily, dude.

Kane Knight
10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Cena's a team player. Hogan is not.

Gues who annoys me more?

Blue Demon
10-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Gues who annoys me more?

Cena?

Y2Ant
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Gues who annoys me more?

what've you got against team players eh? :foc:

Volare
10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Hogan for sure, at least Cena is up for changing the scene.

Ruien
10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Haha, did not read the question and picked Cena for who was better. Whoops

Razzamajazz
10-09-2010, 10:25 AM
i like to think that cena would know when it's time to retire and GO AWAY

Schlomey
10-09-2010, 10:26 AM
A month ago I would have said Cena but his work/program has gotten a lot more interesting and has been well written lately. Hogan just annoys me every time I see him.

Majunior
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Lemme tell ya somethin', brother. There's no way John Cena annoys me more than the Hulkster, dude!

Hulk Hogan was written in a time when smarks and the IWC pretty much didn't exist. He had no talent to speak of, but got over on his all-American gimmick. If they tried that now, he'd be ripped so much worse than Cena is nowdays. Cena is head and shoulders a better wrestler and better team player. Cena is a victim of the writers. Hogan, on the other hand, would never get over in today's climate.

Nicky Fives
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
They both annoy me, but Cena annoys me more

Eklipse
10-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I said Cena because as a child I was a huge Hogan fan....
...which helps me understand why the children are all crazy for Cena...

The Pope
10-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Cena is not entertaining, at least Hogan told the kids to eat their vegetables and take their Vitamins aka HGH.

KIRA
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Hogan hands down,while I'm not a fan of Cena's character he loves what he does and seems like a genuinely nice human being plus he can wrestle its just that the five moves of doom are more marketable.

Hogan is a big orange leathery tumor.

Aguakate
10-09-2010, 01:57 PM
...after seeing this, I'll never look at Hulk Hogan the same way again...

...Hogan goes RAW!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtNVQtrNthc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtNVQtrNthc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Waylander
10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I used to love the Hulkster back when he was cool, when he starred in cheesy movies and told people to say their prayers and take their vitamins. Although I don't particularly like him in TNA I'll always remember the good times. For that I picked Cena.

Lui Kang
10-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Who annoys you more?

It's an irrelevant and stupid question.

The fact of the matter is that both Hogan and Cena were the number one guys in their respective era's. Who cares if they annoy both you and I? Hogan and Cena are/were living legends amongst the demographics that they were being targetted towards.

XCaliber
10-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Cena for sure his promos make Hogan's look great.

Lui Kang
10-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Cena for sure his promos make Hogan's look great.

Another stupid comment. Who the hell are you to imply that Cena's promos suck? Based on the demographic that the WWE are targetting with Cena (young kids), I'd argue that Cena's promos are pretty damn good.

If the WWE ever wanted to get away from the PG label and get back to their Attitude Era days, then make no mistake about it: Cena would be awesome and controversial. Did you even watch Cena around 03' and 04' when he was doing those raps? The guy has terrific promo skills. It's clowns like you that simply don't understand the business.

Ultra Mantis
10-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Lui Kang treating everyone like they're Kung Lao. :nono:

Hogan is by far more annoying than Cena. Even when he's not on the active roster, irrelevant to storylines and in hospital from legit back surgery, Hulk Hogan still manages to get more screentime in TNA than any of their champions on the show before their "biggest PPV of the year". Vintage Hogan.

Fignuts
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Another stupid comment. Who the hell are you to imply that Cena's promos suck?

Love how you use this for just about everything.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that he is a human being entitled to his own opinion, no matter how much you disagree with it. Stop being a fucking tard.

Juan
10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't watch TNA and I think Cena's current angle with the Nexus is pretty cool... so neither?

Rollermacka
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHSM-rIov8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHSM-rIov8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh yea, Hogan isnt anoying at all :roll:

Optimus Bone 69
10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Cena would be spoken of like the rock if he had been around in the attitude era

Kane Knight
10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Sascha?

The Naitch
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
The person:

The current Hogan. I like how he still thinks he's all relevant, current, and hip and still worth as much as he is today as he was back then.

With Cena, people are just annoyed by his character. John Cena the person is doing everything right. Hogan lost his mind

Xero
10-10-2010, 05:43 PM
The person:

The current Hogan. I like how he still thinks he's all relevant, current, and hip and still worth as much as he is today as he was back then.

With Cena, people are just annoyed by his character. John Cena the person is doing everything right. Hogan lost his mind

Agreed here.

I've always said that I highly respect Cena, the man. As said, he loves the business and I personally believe that he is the absolute best PR man the company has EVER had. I don't hate the guy, I just don't enjoy his work. That doesn't mean he's bad for business.

Lui Kang
10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Cena would be spoken of like the rock if he had been around in the attitude era

Not sure if I'd go that far but you raise a good point. If Cena was around during the Attitude Era, he would have garnered far more respect amongst the teenager demographic. I don't think Cena would have reached Austin/Rock levels of popularity, but he would've been up there. (Maybe a comparison to Jericho 2000 would be an appropriate comparison?)

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
He probably would have done better than Jericho push-wise because of his size. Maybe a Triple H or so.

Lui Kang
10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
He probably would have done better than Jericho push-wise because of his size. Maybe a Triple H or so.

True. I guess I was thinking in terms of his popularity as a face. Keep in mind though - Cena's rapping gimmick might have been too premature during the Attitude era. The 8 Mile movie was what kind of set the trend around that time, and Cena's gimmick was related to that. On the flip side - maybe Cena doing the 'rap battles' during the Attitude era would have blown everyone away due to the uniqueness/originality of it. Who knows...

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to think about what would have been popular around that time that Cena could have capitalized on.

Fignuts
10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
The Spice Girls.

Lui Kang
10-12-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm trying to think about what would have been popular around that time that Cena could have capitalized on.

Maybe John Cena could have worn a backwards red cap like Fred Durst? ;)