PDA

View Full Version : "They"- Yay or Nay? Hopefully the final "They" Thread SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DIDNT WATCH

glanville6
10-11-2010, 12:35 AM
So, we're you at all surprised by "they?" Do you guys like who "they" are?

Sure, every one figured Hogan and Bischoff. But Jarrett and Hardy? I was shocked by Hardy.

I didn't watch the show, I just read the results.

Here's how I see the conversation to get Hardy to join-

Hogan- "Jeff, brother. How about turning heel and being with Abyss, Easy E, Jarrett and myself?"

Hardy- "Oh, I don't know man. Don't know if I could be a heel, my fans love me."

Hogan-"Listen, brother. I'm having surgery soon. Getting a ton of vicodin. I won't need it all."

Jeff- "I'm in."

Ok, I was waiting to say that since I read he was in the stable.

Anyway, thoughts from you guys now that its official.

Lock Jaw
10-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I bet the angle ends when Jarret and Hardy turn on Hogan/Bischoff because they aren't "Jeff" enough.

This will then result in "They" Red and Black and "They" Black and White

The Pope
10-11-2010, 12:50 AM
It wasn't a bad reveal but Jeff Jarrett shouldn't be part of "They".

James Steele
10-11-2010, 02:20 AM
It wasn't a bad reveal but Jeff Jarrett shouldn't be part of "They".

I am feeling like the explanation will be that this was a way for Jeff Jarrett to "take back" his company from Dixie. Jeff Hardy was surprising as once the shenanigans began I was expecting Angle to turn in similar fashion to Austin at WMX7, ie. wanting/needing the World Title so bad that he would sell his soul/etc.

Interesting to see where they take it. I'm just glad it didn't end in some huge clusterfuck.

Dave Youell
10-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Seems like an obvious choice for a heel turn when you think about it, as he's been face forever.

But damn, Jeff Hardy as a heel is something I didn't really consider. Good job TNA!

Instant RVD feud.

The only thing outstanding here is, who the hell was it that brainwashed Joe?

Fignuts
10-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Surprising doesn't always mean good.

Prime example right here.

Dave Youell
10-11-2010, 02:33 AM

I dissagree, Hardy's never been a heel, this is enough to make me want to see more and this gives us lots of new questions that make me want to watch Impact now:

Is Pope/Sting/Nash (who may/may not be going) faces now?

Joe Vs Jarrett now I guess?

Hardy is set up to face at least: Angle/Anderson/RVD in the next few months, who he's had great matches with recently.

Clearly Jeff isn't strong on the Mic, but, having 'They' being behind him, is a great way to make him a solid heel, to hide that negative and focus on the fact he's champ of what is now the top heel faction in TNA.

This is like when Hogan turned back in 96, I know it's not original, but it was un-expected by pretty much everyone and warrents at least some of my time to see where it goes.

FourFifty
10-11-2010, 06:32 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhe3vSe-mmw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhe3vSe-mmw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Londoner
10-11-2010, 06:34 AM

owenbrown
10-11-2010, 06:47 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhe3vSe-mmw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhe3vSe-mmw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[/thread]

Dorkchop
10-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Why does Russo like turning everyone heel? Jeff Hardy is too loved to make heel... much like Sting and Rey Mysterio. This is why I don't watch TNA

BizarroKing
10-11-2010, 08:08 AM
They is a big fat nay!

Xero
10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/67221_443746286025_31695961025_5413.jpg

Kane Knight
10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Instant RVD feud.

The Clash for the Stash?

Xero
10-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Hardy's turn was brilliant.

Hogan and Bischoff being in the group, not so much.

VSG
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Hogan-"Listen, brother. I'm having surgery soon. Getting a ton of vicodin. I won't need it all."

Jeff- "I'm in."

:rofl:

Next Big Thing
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Hardy as a heel with Abyss as the psychopathic enforcer is actually not a bad combo. I guess Jarrett makes a little sense considering he could use the angle to increase his stake in the company. I'm even fine with Bischoff in as the corrupt executive even though it's recycled from the NWO. Most of wrestling is. BUT HOGAN...

NAY. He isn't necessary anymore and all he will do is take away from the potential angles that Hardy can have with RVD, Angle, and Anderson and take away from the potentially good power struggle between Jeff and Dixie.

Isn't it funny how all the TNA original "young guns" got grouped together as the prodigal sons yet are now collectively midcard while the main event scene is nothing but ex WWE guys with Hardy, Anderson, RVD, Angle, and to a lesser extent Bischoff and Hogan.

VSG
10-11-2010, 08:34 AM
How are they going to explain Abyss's return despite his "firing" by Dixie "Imma dumb broad" Carter, Angle breaking his retirement oath etc?

Triple Naitch
10-11-2010, 08:48 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/67221_443746286025_31695961025_5413.jpg

These guys are so heel that they don't even use proper grammar.

Gertner
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
.......Not good.

Razzamajazz
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
didn't watch and don't care

dhellova guy
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
How are they going to explain Abyss's return despite his "firing" by Dixie "Imma dumb broad" Carter, Angle breaking his retirement oath etc?

Since when has TNA ever felt the need to explain anything?

Turning Hardy heal is fine, actually it gives him the opportunity to wrestle some guys he couldn't have had a legitimate program with before. But to do it as such a blatent NWO rip-off? Garbage. The whole thing is just confusing. Dumb. Hogans involvement just shows that he still wants the limelight.

This group needs a name. How bout they just go ahead and call themselves tWo. Save everyone the guess work.

Cuse8
10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Since when has TNA ever felt the need to explain anything?

Turning Hardy heal is fine, actually it gives him the opportunity to wrestle some guys he couldn't have had a legitimate program with before. But to do it as such a blatent NWO rip-off? Garbage. The whole thing is just confusing. Dumb. Hogans involvement just shows that he still wants the limelight.

This group needs a name. How bout they just go ahead and call themselves tWo. Save everyone the guess work.

the only thing lacking from all this was hardy doing a leg drop on angle..

#BROKEN Hasney
10-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Needs more Gangrel. Jeff can only get over as a heel if he drinks blood and comes up through fire in the floor.

Loose Cannon
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Jarrett looks so out of place in that picture.

I don't know how I feel about this one yet until I here the reasons on Impact on to why they came together. Just seems like a long time to set this thing up for this.

And like Supreme said in the other thread. Abyss turns on Hogan just for him to align back with Hogan? wtf is that?

Ultra Mantis
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Hogan being the leader of yet another version of the nWo is horrible and the whole way they set it up was made to look like Hogan's initial heel turn, even down to plants throwing trash into the ring.

Hardy as heel is an interesting concept, but every time somebody turns heel (or face, for that matter) in TNA it just seems so random. Samoa Joe's heel turn last year was pretty much exactly the same as Jeff's this year, even down to the excuse "they told me to do it".

BizarroKing
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
And like Supreme said in the other thread. Abyss turns on Hogan just for him to align back with Hogan? wtf is that?

I was too lazy to watch or care about TNA, is Hogan actually part of the group? Or is it just Bischoff? Because from what I read, he's against the group and didn't celebrate with them.

Ultra Mantis
10-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I was too lazy to watch or care about TNA, is Hogan actually part of the group? Or is it just Bischoff? Because from what I read, he's against the group and didn't celebrate with them.

Hogan is very much part of the group, he handed Jeff the crutch to use on Angle.

XL
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Ask yourself this: What did Bisch hand to Dixie to sign? Was it a firing order for Abyss? Or might it have been something more important, like control of the company.

As for Angle, I dunno.

Triple Naitch
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I only read the results, but how long did it take for Hogan to walk to the ring on his crutches? Seems like that would have sucked all the excitement out of the room.

BizarroKing
10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Ask yourself this: What did Bisch hand to Dixie to sign? Was it a firing order for Abyss? Or might it have been something more important, like control of the company.

As for Angle, I dunno.

Considering how dumb Dixie is, I'm sure she signed away to have herself fired instead.

XL
10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
A couple minutes. Meanwhile, Bischoff gurned and held his hand to his face in faux "shock" the entire time, when really, if he had wanted, he could have caused some damage with the chair and got the ref to count the pinfall before Hogan even got there.

Kinda pre-empted the Hogan turn IMO.

XL
10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Considering how dumb Dixie is, I'm sure she signed away to have herself fired instead.
Maybe.

Do you mean dumb IRL or in kayfabe? Cos if it's kayfabe it doesn't matter how dumb she is, it was all about the circumstances Bischoff created. Get Abyss to nearly kill RVD, then have him take Dixie hostage, which puts her in a state of mind where she will be panicked and demand that Abyss is sacked. Cue Bisch with the contract - which Dixie won't read cos she has no reason to think that Bisch is pulling a stunt and she wants Abyss gone.

Pretty perfect set-up really.

If you meant IRL, then that has no bearing on the storyline...

The Pope
10-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I really want to see how Jeff does on his heel turn.

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Nay. Just finished the PPV and my review will be up at some point today. Let's just say it's not favorable.

Cuse8
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I only read the results, but how long did it take for Hogan to walk to the ring on his crutches? Seems like that would have sucked all the excitement out of the room.

a good 5 minutes he walked down with some guy and had to have the ropes held open for him

Volare
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
So pretty much, this whole thing has turned Sting and Pope face. (knowing TNA fans they won't know the difference.) So more than likely we'll have Joe vs Jarrett, Sting and Pope vs Bischoff and Hogan, and Hardy vs RVD out of all of this.

Still a clusterfuck.

Nicky Fives
10-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Could have been worse, but "they" could have been a whole lot better.....

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 11:45 AM
To me, Hogan is coming out of this looking like the biggest piece of shit, liar & contradictionist (new word).

Hogan has been busting his butt coming out week after week saying it's time for the old dogs to move over and the young guys in TNA is where it's at. For a minute I believed that Hogan was actually done being a character and is more of an advocate for the brand.....bullshit. He is still the same ego driven cocksucker that only cares about himself.

Yeah I know it's just a storyline....but he was right.....His time is OVER. NOBODY wants to see Hogan wrestle. Hardly anyone cares at this point because NOTHING he can do now is believable.

I knew it was just a matter of time before the ego of Hogan came back out and he would insert himself in the top storyline.

Impact!
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't get all the hate TNA gets on here. The PPV was actually really good, and the Hardy turn was done really well.

The Pope
10-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't get all the hate TNA gets on here. The PPV was actually really good, and the Hardy turn was done really well.

Agreed, I think some of the posters just don't want to get get neg rep. Although, some may just not like TNA.

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 11:52 AM
The PPV was not good. It was lazy for what they consider their biggest PPV of the year. The turn was predictable, poorly scripted & again, came off as lazy. I am a TnA WRESTLING fan but some of their writing/booking is just insane.

Not saying everything was bad because that would be a lie. My biggest complaint is Hogan inserting himself into the main storyline and being a walking (limping) contradiction of himself at the age of 800.

jskinnyg
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Hardy turning makes me smile but the rest of it is old hat... Meh...

Jordan
10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, and Abyss....

Really?

Who the fuck is writing this shit?

Savio
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM

erickman
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM

they kind of look like the job squad or the oddities jarrett needs makeup though.

Xero
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/theylive.jpg

MoFo
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Nay.

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Nay.

good post :p

MoFo
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Well most of what I was going to say has been covered. For it to be their 'Wrestlemania' it sure didnt feel like it and they didnt sell that enough. Just feels like they attached that 'biggest PPV of the yr' to a random event and hoped it stuck.

I wasnt interested in most of the matches, and some of the outcomes have puzzled me tbh.

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Much better. And I agree with your statement.

MoFo
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
However their stage set up was pretty cool and better than the low budget shit they usually come up with, made it at least a little 'big time'.

Next Big Thing
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
So pretty much, this whole thing has turned Sting and Pope face. (knowing TNA fans they won't know the difference.) So more than likely we'll have Joe vs Jarrett, Sting and Pope vs Bischoff and Hogan, and Hardy vs RVD out of all of this.

Still a clusterfuck.

The pay per view was absolute shit. TNA's announcing might be as bad as WWE's pay per view announce team.

I agree with Volare about the clusterfuck. Let's assume that Nash, Sting, and Pope knew what was happening with "They" as was alluded to in some of their promos. After Jarrett abandoned Joe, why the hell would they continue to whoop his ass? Wouldn't that keep Sting and Pope heel instead of turning them faces as was the intent?

Does this make Fourtune face too now? Wasn't the entire premise of that group "We're the original stars of this company..." Wonder how that gimmick works now with all ex WWE guys in their mid 30's and early 40's in the main event.

The match with Lethal and Douglas Williams was bastardized by the shitty announce team that is Taz and Tenay as was the women's match... which neither Taz or Tenay knew the format of.

What the fuck was the point of Eric Young, Orlando Jordan, and Ink Inc.? Puzzling shit.... and the sad part is that this was their "biggest pay per view" and it was only a step above WWE Superstars in terms of quality.

Shout out to the Arizona Cardinals. Told you they'd knock em off Pope. Smooth flying for the Falcons...

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 01:46 PM
However their stage set up was pretty cool and better than the low budget shit they usually come up with, made it at least a little 'big time'.

Besides having 3 screens what was different? Also...No pyro to open the show? Screams low budget cost cutting to me. It's wrestling. You can't have wrestling without fireworks.

Joesgonnakillyou
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I didn't think they could do it, but TNA have managed to care less about them.

RawRocks
10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Let me get this straight..

we have gone from TNA being unique and different with a six sided ring and loads of promising young stars and a promising product if they worked some sense into it to...

TNA trying to be WCW-esque and with old washed up stars that should have no business being in a wrestling ring with writing that is so damn predictable like it was a carbon copy of WCW in its dying days.

What's wrong with this picture?

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I feel ya. Seems like it's going backwards. But to be fair it seems that TNA has always catered to washed up has beens ...Just in smaller doses than todays product.

Loose Cannon
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
yea, agree with most of you guys. I don't understand why they went with Fortune when the bookers were already planning on this "They" angle. It really feels like they are trying everything to see what sticks. The ECW thing was made out to be such a big deal and now it's an after thought. TNA is all over the place right now.

But like I said, I'll give it till Thurs to see what the reasons for this group was for

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm watching Impact to see more Cookie and the debut of J-WoWWW.......yea I'm not being sarcastic..like...at all......or...am....I......:shifty:

MoFo
10-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Are this ECW stable sticking around now?

I thought they were only part time, but with them going over 4Tune and with most of the roster heels now, IDK.

Fignuts
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
How the fuck was the hardy turn "done really well"?

They just randomly turned him heel for no apparent reason. Have you all lost your mind?

The Show Off
10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
How the fuck was the hardy turn "done really well"?

They just randomly turned him heel for no apparent reason. Have you all lost your mind?

You really have to wait until the turn is explained until you say "turned him heel for no apparent reason." Or until you say "done really wee" for that matter.

Fignuts
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Well then it works both ways. You can't say the turn was well done either.

Loose Cannon
10-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I really hoped it was some super cool Japanese stable

owenbrown
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
The Clash for the Stash?

Funyuns on a Pole match

What Would Kevin Do?
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree with Volare about the clusterfuck. Let's assume that Nash, Sting, and Pope knew what was happening with "They" as was alluded to in some of their promos. After Jarrett abandoned Joe, why the hell would they continue to whoop his ass? Wouldn't that keep Sting and Pope heel instead of turning them faces as was the intent?

Does this make Fourtune face too now? Wasn't the entire premise of that group "We're the original stars of this company..." Wonder how that gimmick works now with all ex WWE guys in their mid 30's and early 40's in the main event.

If I recall correctly, Sting, Pope, and Nash sort of gloated and did the whole "see, we told you.", and then Joe started attacking Nash. So them beating on Joe doesn't really mean much, since it's not like they jumped him, he started that little scuffle.

But yeah, the "reveal" was awful. The Hardy turn was good, but Jarrett and Abyss just randomly strolling down after the fact made no sense, and was fucking stupid looking.

It could have been a lot better, and a group that consists of Hogan, Abyss, Hardy, and Jarrett looks fucking stupid.

Fignuts
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah there was no real build to this like there was with other great stables like DX and Evolution. Just Abyss babbling about "they" for months on end.

They just threw them all together at once. Very sloppy.

The Pope
10-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Shout out to the Arizona Cardinals. Told you they'd knock em off Pope. Smooth flying for the Falcons...

Yeah, man they were down like 10-0 and I was like "fuck, here goes our defense again" Then after I had finished my online exam I came back the crowd was hot ass hell. And I realized that we were leading.

dhellova guy
10-11-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't think you're getting the jest of these posts. Most people dont have a problem with the Hardy heal turn, or the PPV itself. Its the randomness of everything, along with Hogans involvement. Hogan is trying to keep himself relevant. His ego is going to keep him in the front of the company when no one cares about him anymore.

The constant turns dilute the effect of even a well done storyline, and this one is mediocore at best.

The Pope
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Well Hogan isn't the owner, he can get fired anytime. Especially if the ratings don't increase, I don't think they'd want to pay someone a crap-load of money without anything changing.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that Jeff Hardy's heel turn won't be spectacular.

The Pope
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I wish that Samoa Joe was the one in the group instead of Jeff Hardy

Rollermacka
10-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Needs more Gangrel. Jeff can only get over as a heel if he drinks blood and comes up through fire in the floor.

Nah, TNA needs to bring in Glacier complete with unnecessarily long entrance

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qycr3lXVGtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qycr3lXVGtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Supreme Olajuwon
10-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm glad you've decided to not let that joke die, Rollermacka. Good show.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Agreed. Some people can never be happy with anything. Let them book TNA and see if they can do a better job. I doubt it

You're absolutely right about this. Many people here is way too demanding and will complain about everything.

But in this case it's probably justified.

Blind-Rage
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM

I agree with you,some people are never happy no matter what. Let them book a TNA show or ppv to see if they could do a better job. I doubt it

The Pope
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
When Kurt Angle retires and goes into creative then TNA will fire Russo and change... finally.

James Steele
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Kurt Angle saw the writing on the wall and is coming home to Uncle Vince!!!

The Pope
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Kurt Angle saw the writing on the wall and is coming home to Uncle Vince!!!

he just signed a new contract with TNA.

MoFo
10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
When Kurt Angle retires and goes into creative then TNA will fire Russo and change... finally.

I take it you havent seen Dixie's YouShoot then.

The Pope
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
I take it you havent seen Dixie's YouShoot then.

That wasn't a shoot. It was a work called a shoot.

MoFo
10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
lawls check this out -

June 17th- Abyss chokeslams Hardy off of the stage and through a table

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him while shoving Hogans ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

July 8th- Hardy and Mr. Anderson double team Abyss and hit him with a chair

Aug 19th- Hardy and Abyss have a nearly 5 minute backstage brawl

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars"

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

FourFifty
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM

So it's Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett behind "there"? Well, at least they can use the catchy name "Double J" instead of "there".

.........everything in that picture is retarded.

Eklipse
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
lawls check this out -

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him while shoving Hogans ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars"

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

Seems like they werent planning on this at all eh?
They probably didn know what to do 'til Sunday.

XL
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
FFS. That's exactly how you book a SWERVE angle.

If Abyss, Hogan and Jeff were all pally-pally then it wouldn't have been unexpected when Jeff turned. The whole point of a swerve is that you lead the fans to assume one thing then pull the curtain to reveal the opposite.

Jesus!

XL
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I really hoped it was some super cool Japanese stable
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand what would be the story with this idea?

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
ninjas kidnapped joe for fuck sake...why does story have to be added to this equation!?

Xero
10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/grrreat.jpg

Schlomey
10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Waiting for the day that that Abyss picture takes the place of the Pedobear.

Fox
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM

If Abyss, Hogan and Jeff were all pally-pally then it wouldn't have been unexpected when Jeff turned. The whole point of a swerve is that you lead the fans to assume one thing then pull the curtain to reveal the opposite.

Jesus!

But there should still be some kind of logic to the whole thing. If Hulk Hogan went on rampages against Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and had bloody fights and attacks and shit with them prior to Bash at the Beach, it would've looked stupid. Instead, he kept his distance, WCW played up a storyline with Hogan where he was dressing in all black and was "testing his own dark ambitions" and feeling fed up with WCW as a whole. And then they turned him.

BizarroKing
10-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Win.

Calamondin
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I find this pretty odd. I'm not sure why they'd turn Hardy when a) it doesn't really make sense. b) he probably will suck as a heel. And I'm not sure why they'd put the title on him. Has multiple felony drug charges & there's a good chance he'll be off to prison soon.

Fignuts
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Jesus!

Not being "pally-pally" and beating the shit out of one another every week, is a big difference.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Seems like they werent planning on this at all eh?
They probably didn know what to do 'til Sunday.

That's my thought on the matter.

XL
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Not being "pally-pally" and beating the shit out of one another every week, is a big difference.
True, true.

crusnik
10-12-2010, 12:08 AM

lol bloody freakin classic. funny as shit!!! :rofl:

The Pope
10-12-2010, 11:21 AM
lawls check this out -

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

Failed joke. That was obviouly done to trick people into never thinking that Hardy or Jarrett were with them the whole time.

CSL
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Obviouly, yeah. They weren't booking on the fly at all, it was obviouly the plan from the whole start.

The Pope
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
They had the storyline planned out since before slammaversary

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
They say they had it planned out before Slammiversary. I don't know if that's the case.

Look, I like the Jeff Hardy heel turn. It's shocking enough that people might actually feel betrayed about it, or intrigued enough by it to tune in. Jeff Hardy sold-out because he wants to be TNA World Heavyweight Champion. That makes enough sense to me. It reminds me both of Hogan's heel turn and Austin's heel turn in 2001. This could also be the corporate heel turn that John Cena could have theoretically made. The WWE held off on that so long that TNA could actually beat them to the punch and undercut that a bit, if it ever eventually does happen.

It's not like they don't have top faces that can now face Jeff Hardy. Rob Van Dam is pissed off that he's not the TNA World Champion. He hates Abyss, and Abyss, as the enforcer, is aligned with "Them." Mr. Anderson can feel betrayed by Jeff, feel that this shit is wrong, and stand up for himself and what is right (hopefully not in a cheesy way). Anderson moves a lot of merchandise for TNA, so I'd expect him to be the "major face" against Them.

As for why Hogan, Bischoff & Jarrett did this? They want who they feel is their most marketable star at the top of the company. To Them, right or wrong, it's Jeff Hardy. It doesn't need to be grounded in the semantics of everyday life. This is wrestling. To them, Jeff Hardy = cash. That's enough right there.

I don't quite understand why this makes Sting, Nash & Pope babyfaces. I think that's too much turning. Can't they be heel, too? You can have Pope aligned with Hardy & Abyss as the "future star." Yeah, his time should be coming up sooner rather than later, but that can be a heat building device, too. People might eventually clamour for Pope to turn on Hardy. But until that day, Pope could get over as a major heel by pimp-slapping Dixie Carter, or something.

Hulk Hogan needs to get off the TV, though. This shouldn't be him going back on his word -- but more he does think that the older guys should be making a path for the newer guys -- namely Jeff Hardy, Abyss & The Pope. Meanwhile, you don't need to turn Fourtune face; but you don't have them as part of Team Hogan. Rather, you have them as the Four Horsemen to the nWo. Technically both groups are heel, but non-affiliated, and tension can mount between them out of general fan curiosity.

The follow-up to this has to be good. To be honest, I'd have Mr. Anderson take out Kevin Nash in a rage. Nash is thinking about hanging it up, right? Have Anderson beat-down Nash, and that's the last we see of him. You can perhaps even have Sting take some time off also due to Anderson's hands. That builds Anderson up as a bad-ass who retires the greats, and continues him on the path to Jeff Hardy and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Meanwhile, you also have a pissed off Kurt Angle. I think he should stay behind the scenes for a while. Let him rest-up, and let Jeff Hardy ride the heat of "retiring the great Kurt Angle." Eventually, someone wins a match that allows Angle back into the company. Angle is back, and he wants Jeff, too.

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Does Jeff Hardy have his belly-button pierced?

Loose Cannon
10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
just scanned the Impact tapings and they never explained anything. wtf????? Seems like Fortune is still being pushed and now you have this new heel group. They will probably merge them both.

The Pope
10-13-2010, 12:06 PM
The follow-up to this has to be good. To be honest, I'd have Mr. Anderson take out Kevin Nash in a rage. Nash is thinking about hanging it up, right? Have Anderson beat-down Nash, and that's the last we see of him. You can perhaps even have Sting take some time off also due to Anderson's hands. That builds Anderson up as a bad-ass who retires the greats, and continues him on the path to Jeff Hardy and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Meanwhile, you also have a pissed off Kurt Angle. I think he should stay behind the scenes for a while. Let him rest-up, and let Jeff Hardy ride the heat of "retiring the great Kurt Angle." Eventually, someone wins a match that allows Angle back into the company. Angle is back, and he wants Jeff, too.

1) Nash is already done with TNA
2) I agree on the Kurt Angle thing.