PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Fan of Community or The Office (American Version)?

Next Big Thing
10-16-2010, 01:39 PM
If you watch either of the shows, are they coming off not as funny as season's past. Community is hit or miss this year for me, and the office seems to have turned into a bad romantic comedy.

thedamndest
10-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Community is one of the best shows on right now. The Office dropped off a while ago and resorted to making the people caricatures a long time ago, but it's still okay.

PapaGeorgio
10-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I still love Community, one of the few shows I really look forward to. Def been a different vibe this season though.

Office has been Office for awhile. I just watch it to watch it I guess. Get a couple laughs but don't expect anything over the top great.

Always Sunny has been disappointing this season. I don't know if it's just me, or them or a little of both. I don't have much of an urge to keep watching it. Some parts are funny sure, but it's just going through the cycle it seems. Not doing much of anything new or fresh.

jerichoholicninja
10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Community is my favorite show on TV right now. Everything is so over the top but yet grounded and somewhat in the realm of reality. The whole cast is great.

I think The Office is spending the season "dissecting" Michael Scott. For being the main character of a show he has not evolved at all and I feel like this season is going to be Micheal "growing up" and then moving on. It has been pretty short on laughs but I've enjoyed the storyline so far this season.

Triple Naitch
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Community is still great. In the words of BCWWF, "The American Office has run its course." I'd rather see them end the show this year when Michael Scott leaves and build NBC's lineup around Community, Parks & Rec, and 30 Rock.

Jon Kano
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I love The Office US and I think even though it's NOT AS good as its been (when its been its best) it is still very entertaining, funny and enjoyable to watch. Its changed a lot, but then its lasted a long time, and I think for how long its been going, the comedy is still its own and worth watching. I agree The Office should end with Michael Scott, but I also believe it could work well still without him. Maybe give Dwight a spinoff?

I have heard about Community but not given it a chance. I tried 'Parks and Recreation', and I didn't like it at all. I thought it tried to purposely clone the comedy and docu style of The Office and Arrested Development too intentionally, which just crashed and burned into disaster, for me.

I guess I see Community as another show attempting to do the same, but maybe I'll try it soon.

PapaGeorgio
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
The Office should end I think. After Pam & Jim got together, the big storyline of the show was over. They really never replaced it with much either. Now we just get quirky one off episodes, which can be entertaining. I def. think it's time to go though at the end of this season.

Parks and Rec had a rough first season. Much like The Office did in my book. They had to find their groove. And for both shows the second season was a huge improvement. Parks may not be the best thing ever, but I do enjoy it especially now that it has found its groove.

Outsourced I only watched one episode. It didn't do anything for me. I don't see it lasting really as it seems like the biggest joke is the premise of the show. Once that wears off I don't know. Though some of my friends seem to enjoy it, but I know it did nothing for me.

Community I love. I hope it keeps getting ratings so it can stay on. I don't know how well it does but I hope it doesn't become another My Name Is Earl where it just get abruptly canceled. Both shows offered something different and fresh for me. Though if being honest, I'm not sure how long Community can be as fresh as it is. So far it's doing a pretty good job though.

30 Rock I don't watch. Got friends who love it. Seems to do well and don't see it going anywhere. Gave it a few episode chance but didn't click.

Blitz
10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Thed's post is correct.

Triple Naitch
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Kano, Community is nothing like The Office or any kind of docu-comedy. 30 Rock is also the biggest hit-or-miss show on television. They have some episodes that are fucking hilarious and some that are just random stuff for 22 minutes. The live episode this week was great.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I love Community. The vibe this season is a little different, but not bad per se.

It's Always Sunny, sadly, has not been as good :(

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I think that a lot of people think it's cool to say a show isn't as good at it once was. So, it's just something that you say to sound hip.

Community just had an unbelievably awesome episode that you should all check out on Hulu or somewhere. It was one of the best episodes of the series and only falls short of Paintball and the Chicken wings episode.

I loved the Office episode last week with the Sweeny Todd musical bits. I also liked Michaels get together with the loves of his past. It wasn't the way that I thought they would come back but it was very memorable. Hopefully Holly plays more of a factor later on during the season. She really was Michael's soul mate and for a time it replaced Jim and Pam for the couple of the series. It seems they are trying to give alot of Michael episodes since this is going to be his last season. We already had a great episode with him and Toby in the anger managment sessions.

Triple Naitch
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Something tells me you have a biased opinion towards The Office.

Jeritron
10-18-2010, 04:34 AM
I assure you my feelings that The Office isn't as good as it once was is not an attempt to sound hip. I wasn't even aware that saying The Office isn't as good anymore was the new hip thing going on in the streets.
Isn't the show more popular in the past few years than the first few? It seemed to me like the characters and humor has been a bit altered to appeal to a wider audience

Jon Kano
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
I think its because they did too much in the early seasons, they should've spread it out a bit more (plots, such as the merger).