PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
So...he's the U.S. Champion...but the only match I recall seeing him win would be the title match vs Miz.

It kinda bothers me that they would put a title on someone just to have him job to main eventers in non-title matches...I just dont understand the logic.

Chavo Classic
10-18-2010, 05:47 PM
This is nothing new; they've been doing this for years. The only reason it's an issue is because "Daniel Bryan" happens to be the champion at the moment.

Funky Fly
10-18-2010, 05:49 PM
The Kane and Jericho treatment?

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 05:51 PM
The Kane and Jericho treatment?

Good point. I just dont see the point of attempting to push someone if you are just gonna waste it anyway.

Chavo Classic
10-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Good point. I just dont see the point of attempting to push someone if you are just gonna waste it anyway.

That depends on how you see the IC title. Holding that belt hasn't meant "you're next in line for a push" for years, probably since the mid to late 90's when the likes of Austin, HHH and The Rock were champions. The IC and US titles are pretty much now a interim title for guys who aren't doing anything better, or have fallen short of the upper card.

The Pope
10-18-2010, 05:54 PM
They should've teased him to the point where he almost wins the Heavyweight title but comes up just short. That way it gives the people who don't know him a "Whoa, this guy is a good performer!".

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
That depends on how you see the IC title. Holding that belt hasn't meant "you're next in line for a push" for years, probably since the mid to late 90's when the likes of Austin, HHH and The Rock were champions. The IC and US titles are pretty much now a interim title for guys who aren't doing anything better, or have fallen short of the upper card.

But they arent really pushing Bryan as a credible champ at all. If all he is gonna do is job, get the title off him and give it to someone else.

Ultra Mantis
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Daniel Bryan has had about six or seven matches since he came back and won half of them. He's gone over Mr. Money in the Bank clean on two seperate occasions and has lost clean (to a guy who just lost the world title) a whole one time.

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Daniel Bryan has had about six or seven matches since he came back and won half of them. He's gone over Mr. Money in the Bank clean on two seperate occasions and has lost clean (to a guy who just lost the world title) a whole one time.

Losing to Edge that soon after winning the title is the start of a weak championship reign.

He shouldnt yet be in the ring with the likes of Edge, or any other talent in main event status.

Morisson would be a great opponent for him. Even Goldust.

parkmania
10-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure this has been standard treatment of the US champ the past couple times the belt got a new owner. Didn't Miz job quite a bit at the start of his first US reign?

Ultra Mantis
10-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Losing to Edge that soon after winning the title is the start of a weak championship reign.

He shouldnt yet be in the ring with the likes of Edge, or any other talent in main event status.

Morisson would be a great opponent for him. Even Goldust.

He actually beat Edge via DQ due to Miz interferance. Regardless, how can they push him as a strong champion if he's only facing guys lower on the card than himself? A strong showing and a loss against a main eventer puts him over as a legit competitor a lot more than beating Goldust does.

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Pretty sure this has been standard treatment of the US champ the past couple times the belt got a new owner. Didn't Miz job quite a bit at the start of his first US reign?

You may be right. was he champ during the feud with Cena?

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
He actually beat Edge via DQ due to Miz interferance. Regardless, how can they push him as a strong champion if he's only facing guys lower on the card than himself? A strong showing and a loss against a main eventer puts him over as a legit competitor a lot more than beating Goldust does.

I coulda sworn Edge hit the spear and won it.

EDIT - Midcarders dont have to go against main eventers to get over. I think a few successful title defenses against other mid carders would have done more for him in terms of getting over than a win over Edge, clean or not.

Ultra Mantis
10-18-2010, 06:15 PM
I coulda sworn Edge hit the spear and won it.

He did after Riley had the ref distracted and Miz attacked Bryan, decision was then reversed by the GM.

Eklipse
10-18-2010, 06:18 PM
He did after Riley had the ref distracted and Miz attacked Bryan, decision was then reversed by the GM.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me! :y:

JimmyMess
10-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Totally agree! At least for the IC imo. It seems the holder is someone who doesn't have a program, and the WWE feels they should, but without ideas, the best they can do is give them the title.

An example (maybe a poor one, but fits nonetheless) - When they suspended Jeff Hardy, they stripped him of the IC and gave it to Jericho... granted they are both mega stars, but Jericho had it for the sake of having it, he wasn't really doing anything.

Volare
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before I would see a thread like this.

FFS calm down and let WWE get this guy rolling, things will pan out just fine.

Damian Rey
10-18-2010, 07:38 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before I would see a thread like this.

FFS calm down and let WWE get this guy rolling, things will pan out just fine.

Yea I agree. He's been back for three months, jobbed twice to Sheamus, and has otherwise seemingly lost due to interefernece. Not to mention, made the company's hottest heel tap. Twice.

Triple Naitch
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
OMG DOGHOUSE!!!

VSG
10-18-2010, 07:58 PM
The Big Show won the World Title in his 1st match. That changes the perspective of the thread?