PDA

View Full Version : I stopped watching TNA when Hogan joined...

Swiss Ultimate
10-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I really can't stand to see him or Bischoff on television anymore. I know I'm missing out on some good wrestling because of this but, every time I saw Hogan on-screen I felt the need to change the channel and most times I ended up watching something else. I hate watching Hogan on TV more than I hate Russo's storylines. I just despise the character.

This happen to anybody else?

Waylander
10-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I was weak, I stopped watching when Vince Russo joined in 2006. I didn't even know he joined, I didn't keep up with things like that at the time, I just thought the show 'got stupid.'
If I had fought through the stupidity, I very much doubt I could keep watching with Hogan and Bischoff on TV.

Xero
10-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't have THAT big of a problem with Hogan and Bischoff being on the show and being used. I DO have an ENORMOUS problem with they way they're used and the way that they have to be the center of attention.

Testicle
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Seeing Hogan, Bischoff, and also Flair being used as center-pieces in 2010 is a huge turnoff for me and is the number one reason why I do not watch TNA.

JimmyMess
10-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I do remember when Hulk Hogan signed with TNA. They announced the episode he would show up on, and I actually called a few friends who do not watch wrestling anymore to say "Hogan is going to be on the wrestling show again." So they showed up, and we watched. It took forever for it to get to that point it seemed, and he finally came out. And two of my buddies just said "this is shit" and stopped watching the show. I watched the promo, and then promptly changed the channel.

To answer your question, I did not watch TNA after. I have never been into it really. But since then, I have not watched more than 5 or 10 minutes. That is my short little story.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty certain when it was first announced that Hogan signed with TNA he talked all the crap about how he's not there to 'steal the spotlight' but how he was gonna work to help the younger guys etc.

Kinda echoing what Testicle said, but the thought of Hulk Hogan being a main attraction in 2010 is fucking awful.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 04:16 PM
And this is another reason why I wish Hogan would die.

The Naitch
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
All oldtimers in TNA (even Kurt Angle) are tarnishing their legacy by being in TNA

Hogan isn't "same old Hogan" so to speak, when "the machine" (WWE) isn't behind him anymore. Hogan is only good when he's in WWE, because WWE is bigger than Hulk Hogan

THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BROTHERS

screech
10-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I haven't stopped watching TNA because of Hogan, but I have watched with less regularity since he has joined. As others have said, I hate that he is the focus of the show. Dreadful.

whiteyford
10-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Record and skip through it now, can watch it in under 10mins since Hogan joined.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Hogan is only good when he's in WWE

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Pope
10-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Bischoff is okay on TV, Hogan needs to get out though.

XL
10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
If anything I've watched more TNA since Hogan has been there but that is NOTHING to do with Hogan being there.

Aguakate
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
All oldtimers in TNA (even Kurt Angle) are tarnishing their legacy by being in TNA

Hogan isn't "same old Hogan" so to speak, when "the machine" (WWE) isn't behind him anymore. Hogan is only good when he's in WWE, because WWE is bigger than Hulk Hogan

THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BROTHERS

Because Vince is a genious. And because he won't let Hogan do whatever he wants.

steveweiser
10-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Well for me wrestling is a huge passion and as long as i have access to TNA as well as the WWE i will continue to watch both shows regardless, entertainment is all about ups and downs, ok fair play TNA has had more than its share of downs but the ups are great too, its all swings and roundabouts and wrestling is all about that for me.

Swiss Ultimate
10-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Well for me wrestling is a huge passion and as long as i have access to TNA as well as the WWE i will continue to watch both shows regardless, entertainment is all about ups and downs, ok fair play TNA has had more than its share of downs but the ups are great too, its all swings and roundabouts and wrestling is all about that for me.

I understand this but, I can't stand watching Hogan anymore. He was barely tolerable as Hollywood and I hated his entire return to the WWE. Now he just bothers me so much that watching TNA is actually a painful thing to do.

Steveviscious89
10-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I think there are some folks who feel this way. They turn the channel if they don't like it, simple enough. But for you I suppose that isn't enough. It would seem you have such a problem with it that you must go out of your way to hurl your very biased opinion in everyone's face. Thanks but no thanks. I can take or leave Hogan.

Emperor Smeat
10-23-2010, 10:23 PM
I followed a bit more than usual during the 1st couple of weeks when Hogan arrived since on paper the changes he wanted to bring would have helped TNA a lot (changing the ring, better quality, etc).

It worked for the initial couple weeks but they couldn't keep relying on the random surprise debut for long term success. If anything, Hogan and Bishoff managed to overdo the short term stuff with no real long term focus (ex. RVD wins title, then gets title taken away since RVD used up too many dates).

TNA also never bothered to fix the horrible writing and booking. There was some early attempts at redoing the team but in the end Russo was kept and nothing really done to improve quality.

Swiss Ultimate
10-23-2010, 10:58 PM
I think there are some folks who feel this way. They turn the channel if they don't like it, simple enough. But for you I suppose that isn't enough. It would seem you have such a problem with it that you must go out of your way to hurl your very biased opinion in everyone's face. Thanks but no thanks. I can take or leave Hogan.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

James Steele
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
http://botchedspot.com/comics/2010-10-22-tna-next-step.jpg

Jakob Synn
10-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm worried about nWo version 2.0

Aguakate
10-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm worried about nWo version 2.0

This is actually the 2nd go at a new NWO Hogan and Bischoff do. Remember when Nash, Hall and XPac got together in January? It never went anywhere. And neither will this.

Jakob Synn
10-24-2010, 12:53 AM
This is actually the 2nd go at a new NWO Hogan and Bischoff do. Remember when Nash, Hall and XPac got together in January? It never went anywhere. And neither will this.

I wouldn't really call that an nWo reunion. I mean yes it did involve Nash and Hall, but it wasn't a full fledged take over like the nWo was of WCW. The Immortals are and it's a little dissapointing. I mean, they have put a little spin of it with having another faction be involved, but I still don't see it going very far.

James Steele
10-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Jeff Jarrett =/= Immortal

Aguakate
10-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Of course "The Band" was a NWO reunion. That's why they were called "THE BAND" (as in "The band is back together). At first they were beating up TNA wrestlers and stuff. It just didn't "take off". And neither will this. Bischoff and Hogan ran into a good situation in 1996, and they think that formula is the answer to everything.

Droford
10-24-2010, 01:30 AM
It is interesting seeing Flair and hogan together less than a year after beating the crap out of each other down under.

James Steele
10-24-2010, 01:32 AM
It is interesting seeing Flair and hogan together less than a year after beating the crap out of each other down under.

Or them running around bleeding everywhere on iMPACT! and promos about hating each other.

Swiss Ultimate
10-24-2010, 06:09 PM
So whose sock is Steveviscious?

DLVH84
10-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Add Bischoff and Flair into the mix, Sting said it best...this is what he called a no-win situation.

The Pope
10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I lost my sock guys, has anyone seen it?

Innovator
10-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I stopped really following it week to week when Sting beat Joe at Bound for Glory couple years ago.