PDA

View Full Version : Please don't go/Overstayed welcome

glanville6
11-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I was thinking last night about some of the thread titles, some I read, some I didn't. But the two that stick out were

Should Goldberg have stayed with WWE longer? (I was going to read)

When will CM Punk retire? (read a little of it.)

Who are some guys you don't know if you could ever get sick of, and who are some guys that you wish left months, or even years ago?

I imagine we'll have a few "We've Cena-nuff" moments in here.

For me, I don't know if I'd never have gotten sick of the Rock, but I'm sure he could have been entertaining. And I didn't want HBK to leave. These are two guys who we're lucky enough to go out on top.

As for guys who overstayed their welcomes, I'm gonna say Mark Henry. I don't know what he has to offer as far as an active wrestler. He's been around long enough to where he is a helpful veteran behind the scenes, but as a wrestler, I'm done with him.

MoFo
11-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Edge is so fucking corny right now. Just wish hed retire tbh.

SaskatchewanChamp
11-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Stay

Flair ( If he stays out of the ring and only does Mic work)
Angle

Go

Undertaker
Kane
Hogan
Nash
Flair ( If he decides to enter the ring)
Goldust
RVD
All of EV2

Seth82
11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Kevin Nash and Dudley Boys both should retire

TechSmartLiving
11-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Whoa, hold up. People discredit Goldust so much. He's a decent performer. Solid mic skills, doesn't botch moves, and still can be scripted in a lot of current storylines. Plus, his character can easily be used to go against his brother any day and possibly draw more than the Goldust/Marlena days.

Jeritron
11-03-2010, 02:29 AM
TNA is full of guys I wish would go, but as for WWE:

I still love Undertaker and Kane, but both should be looking at retiring properly. I think Kane should retire in the next year, and Undertaker should start with a retirement angle after hitting 20-0 at Wrestlemania 28.

I also love HHH and Edge (two of my alltime favorites), but I wouldn't be devestated if they both looked at retiring from full-time schedules. They could still be part-time players. I don't feel like they need to retire now at all, but in the next 5 years? Probably.
Rey and Big Show as well.

Mainly I'm just really into the new crop of stars in WWE, and I think it's a good time for a lot of vets to retire.
I'm a big fan of retirement before a wrestler becomes a shell. I'm able to accept a favorite leaving on a high note and not being around anymore. Even if they still have a little left in the tank. Especially when the writing is on the wall and there's a wealth of guys to step into the spot.

Jeritron
11-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Other veterans include Goldust, Regal, Mark Henry and Chavo. They could all retire or not. I don't feel strongly either way since they're all used in very limited roles. Goldust has been being used a bit more lately, but I'm not opposed to it.
None of them are nearly as entertaining as the others I suggested retire, but it's different because they're midcard at best. They're not really noticeable parts of the landscape or hierarchy.

Rammsteinmad
11-03-2010, 04:50 AM
I don't think I could ever get bored with Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Both men really seem to understand the wrestling business, and as Jericho showed before he left, knows where he is in life, and what his role should now be, ie. working with the younger talent and not being afraid to job to them.

As for retirements, certainly Hulk Hogan. In fact, I'd rather Hogan just died. So sick and tired of this egomaniac, and let's face it Hogan will never retire anyway. Death is the only way out.

Also I think Undertaker and Triple H should start considering retirement. Both men seem to spend more time off with injury than on the road. Some people have suggested Kane, but to be honest Kane isn't as bad off as the Undertaker. To my knowledge Kane hasn't been off nowhere near as much having surgery etc, and he definitely has a few more years in him.

jskinnyg
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I am pretty sure that SaskatchewanChamp hit my answer pretty good... Although Goldust is looking pretty good these days...

HBPunk
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Undertaker go please, he has sucked forever

Graveler
11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't think I could ever get bored with Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Both men really seem to understand the wrestling business, and as Jericho showed before he left, knows where he is in life, and what his role should now be, ie. working with the younger talent and not being afraid to job to them.

As for retirements, certainly Hulk Hogan. In fact, I'd rather Hogan just died. So sick and tired of this egomaniac, and let's face it Hogan will never retire anyway. Death is the only way out.

Also I think Undertaker and Triple H should start considering retirement. Both men seem to spend more time off with injury than on the road. Some people have suggested Kane, but to be honest Kane isn't as bad off as the Undertaker. To my knowledge Kane hasn't been off nowhere near as much having surgery etc, and he definitely has a few more years in him.

Please, Hogan will never die. In fact, I'm almost positive that he'd just come back as a zombie and people would still have to job to him. I think Kane has a good 3yrs in him. Rey Mysterio should really consider hanging up the boots.

RKO'em
11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Please Go: Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarett, Mark Henry, Nash, Flair, Vince Mcmahon(when he's on tv storylines for way too long), Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy, John Cena...all I could think of right now

The Pope
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Go
Goldust
RVD

These two are fine, they don't need to get just yet.