PDA

View Full Version : sd spoilers

Juan
11-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Source: PWInsider.com

Alberto Del Rio opened the show with a promo, slamming the Legends and talking about beating Sergeant Slaughter Monday night.

MVP came out to take up for the legends. Del Rio told MVP that the reason he likes the legends is that he'll never be one, while Del Rio already is one.. MVP challenged Del Rio to a match, but Del Rio said no, because MVP "couldn't handle him". Del Rio said that since MVP wants a fight, he can fight one of Del Rio's teammates on Sunday, Drew McIntyre. MVP beat McIntyre after hitting the Drive-By.

Edge had a backstage bit taunting Paul Bearer, who was still tied up and in the wheelchair. I couldn't hear what he was saying, though, because the audio isn't very good at the arena. After commercial, Kane tore up Teddy Long's office screaming "where is he?" I guess he thought that Teddy knew where Edge was keeping Paul Bearer.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters with the anklelock in a short match. This was followed by another Edge-Paul Bearer vignette.

Kaval was in the ring, and Dolph Ziggler came out cutting a promo on him about all his "internet fans" think he's "special", but Dolph's going to show them that he's not. Kaval beat Dolph Ziggler in the match that followed, and then reminded Dolph that he was the season 2 NXT champion, and the champion got a championship match at a PPV of his choosing. He then announced he was going to face Dolph for the Intercontinental title at Survivor Series.

Cody Rhodes beat Kofi Kingston with the Cross Rhodes in what I thought was a pretty good match. This was followed by another Kane backstage bit trying to find Edge and Paul Bearer.

LayCool beat Kelly Kelly and Natalya after Layla pinned Natalya, followed by a backstage bit where Edge used Paul Bearer as bait to attack Kane and then drove off with Paul Bearer.

Big Show beat Tyler Reks with a chokeslam in pretty much a squash match.

Rey Mysterio beat Alberto Del Rio by DQ when the rest of Team Del Rio ran in to attack Rey. The rest of Team Mysterio made the save, then Teddy Long came out to announce a "Survivor Series Preview Battle Royal", since all 10 men in the match were already in the ring.

Eliminations in the battle royal:

Chris Masters eliminated Cody Rhodes
Tyler Reks (?) eliminated Masters
Kofi eliminated Reks
Drew McInyre eliminated Kofi
Del Rio eliminated MVP
Big Show eliminated Drew
Rey eliminated Del Rio

Big Show (with an assist by Rey) eliminated Jack Swagger to win the match, then the two of them celebrated to go off the air.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-17-2010, 03:11 AM
With some of the awesome matches Ziggles has been having, can't wait for him and Kaval, bith to watch this Friday and Survivor Series.

Hope Reks gets his heat back by pinning Big Show in the Survivor Series match, build Big Show as a massive threat then have Reks get an upset from behind pin or something.

Shadrick
11-17-2010, 03:42 AM
MVP's finisher is called the Drive-By? How late am I? And how PG is that? lol

#BROKEN Hasney
11-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Yeah, he's got 2 finishers really, the playmaker and that drive-by, which is his running kick then.

Rammsteinmad
11-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Poor Chris Masters. :(

BizarroKing
11-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Kaval finally wins one and the rest of the show seems solid.

Tommy Gunn
11-17-2010, 06:39 AM
MVP also has the play of the day which is pretty much the same as Shelton Benjamin's pay dirt finisher.

So, am I going mad, or is MVP showing the signs of a push? IC title match last week, victory over McIntyre this week... Hmmmm.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
If they just listen to the reaction he got on Raw, I think he should be getting world title shots now and again, or even a transitional title reign if required at any point.

Give him a full sustained push and another chance to shine and he might be a main even mainstay.

Ermaximus
11-17-2010, 09:15 AM
The potential thought of Kaval vs Danielson in a title vs title unification match makes me feel extremely giddy, but the thought of adding Punk to that match makes it that much better. :3

Volare
11-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Kaval vs Danielson vs Punk for the IC/US Title Unification match.

Got a nice ring to it.

MoFo
11-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Bertie Del Rio's clash with MVP looks like it might be good, the rest looks pretty bad.

Mr. Pierre
11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Kaval vs Danielson vs Punk for the IC/US Title Unification match.

Got a nice ring to it.

Or even try and rehash the 2 falls Triple Threat concept that Angle/Benoit/Jericho did at WM2000.

Lock Jaw
11-17-2010, 01:44 PM
So the moral of the story is, it is okay to kidnap people if you are a professional wrestler.

glanville6
11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
As great as the prospects of Kaval vs Ziggler and so forth sounds, I just think its dumb logic to have him choose to go for the IC belt and not the heavyweight belt. Obviously its what works best for WWE...but no one in their right mind would choose to go for a secondary belt.

Ermaximus
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
As great as the prospects of Kaval vs Ziggler and so forth sounds, I just think its dumb logic to have him choose to go for the IC belt and not the heavyweight belt. Obviously its what works best for WWE...but no one in their right mind would choose to go for a secondary belt.

Apparently Kaval would.

The Jayman
11-17-2010, 01:54 PM

it's b/c even Kaval does not see himself world championship material

MoFo
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Kane is getting a push as a monster heel now, why would a midget like Kaval (who gets squashed by Drew McIntyre) want to face him? That would make zero sense and would make Kane look like a pussy.

Rammsteinmad
11-17-2010, 02:45 PM
If they just listen to the reaction he got on Raw, I think he should be getting world title shots now and again, or even a transitional title reign if required at any point.

Give him a full sustained push and another chance to shine and he might be a main even mainstay.

MVP is 37 years old, and is not already an established main eventer, therefore, a push is out of the question.

:(

Jura
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
So SS is gonna be two teams from SD competing against one other and two teams from Raw competing against one another?

MoFo
11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
There isnt a Raw one yet.

The Gold Standard
11-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I really want Kofi to get a push again.

Jura
11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
There isnt a Raw one yet.

But they mention Team Del Rio vs Team Mysterio so I'm thinking there will be something like that on Raw too. Maybe Team Sheamus vs Team Morrison?

Lock Jaw
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Sheamus and Morrison is a one on one match.

Jura
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Just checked wikipedia. I think I might skip the PPV.

James Steele
11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I am excited about the Cena/Barrett/Orton angle. I really am wondering where they will go.

Aguakate
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
They seriously have to end this Del Rio vs Rey angle.

Mr. Nerfect
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Personally, I would have just gone with Kaval getting the title shot because he beat Ziggler. I'm looking forward to their match, and personally, I hope we see Kaval win and then have a backstage moment with Daniel Bryan. Would that not make you jizz?

Jack Swagger seems to have been booked quite strongly on this show, and with Alberto Del Rio's tendency for abandoning his post in these sort of matches, I can't help but wonder if Del Rio leaves Swagger to the faces, and we get a face Swagger after Survivor Series.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Lolllll. Kane burst into Long's office seething with rage, then casually takes a seat.

Londoner
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Cole earlier when i was briefly watching said MVP/Drew were two of smackdowns brightest "young" superstars....MVP's 37 ain't he? I'm sure i read that on here somewhere.

VSG
11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Just checked wikipedia. I think I might skip the PPV.

What?

Ultra Mantis
11-19-2010, 07:21 PM
The matches on this weeks show were fantastic. If you don't watch the show at least check out Cody vs Kofi on youtube or something. Also really enjoyed Swagger / Masters and Ziggler / Kaval. The Edge segments were just... fucking awful.

I spotted Caylen Croft and Luke Gallows in their final WWE appearance, staying true to form by standing in the background aimlessly as Kane tears down a corridor. Gallows doesn't even react.

Jura
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
What?

I saw the matches scheduled and felt like I didn't really want to watch any of them.

VSG
11-19-2010, 11:49 PM
It's not like you are paying, the main event is worth the watch I believe.

Emperor Smeat
11-19-2010, 11:50 PM
It was an ok show this week.

Funniest moment was Edge teasing Bearer while playing dodge ball and Kane knocking down random people while looking for both of them.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2010, 01:51 AM
I liked the show, but far from the best segment. I marked out for a Chavo appearance.

The Naitch
11-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Although Chris Masters lost, I like the fact that he's getting some sort of airtime again. Plus he's on Team Mysterio, which helps. I kind of have a soft spot for Masters and I think he deserves some recognition, since he's always been a jobber to the stars

*jiggles pectoral muscles*

Triple Naitch
11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Loved the Edge/Bearer segments.