PDA

View Full Version : Comedic Talk Shows

Emperor Smeat
11-18-2010, 12:40 AM
What is your habit or preference when watching comedic late night shows?

I tend to mostly watch the first half where its the monologue and skits more than the interviews with guests unless its someone I like or funny appears for that night.

Triple Naitch
11-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Mostly monologues and skits. If there's a guest I really want to see I'll stay awake.

Mr. Nerfect
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Conan is really the only one who does it for me, but I'm more interested in the skits and monologues than hearing celebrities talk about something I can research on my own. Although I do like Conan's interviewing style, as it seems to be more of a conversation, and he's not afraid to get some of his guests involved in comedic bits.

Jeritron
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I guess the monologues and skits, but when there is a decent guest I like to watch a good conversation.

I feel like Jimmy Fallon is a great example here, because his monologue and skits are underwhelming, but he's really good with guests.
While Conan was gone, I was actually able to enjoy his show while I caught it, almost specifically for that reason.

So I really enjoy both.

dronepool
11-18-2010, 09:17 PM
What is your habit or preference when watching comedic late night shows?

I tend to mostly watch the first half where its the monologue and skits more than the interviews with guests unless its someone I like or funny appears for that night.

Same.