PDA

View Full Version : The Vega Brothers!!

Smitty
04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Quentin Tarantino Says The Vega Brothers a Go Source: Dark Horizons Friday, April 23, 2004

In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, via Dark Horizons, Kill Bill Vol. 2 writer and director Quentin Tarantino says that he's trying to make The Vega Vrothers his next film.

"It's a sequel to both 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Reservoir Dogs', actually, it's a sequel and it's a prequel. It's 'The Vega Brothers', played by Michael Madsen and John Travolta," he says.

"I have been trying to do it for years, and the more time I take, the older these two guys get. But I've come up with an idea that won't much matter how much they age....the magic of movies. It's going to be great. It'll be funny, and these guys are so great, alright, they're going to be like two oversized mob-men fighting over the last bowl of pasta, that we can't go wrong.

"It's just going to be John and Michael, and I hope to make this my next movie. We're laying down the pipework for it now."

Scarface
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Awesome. Should be amazing with lots of interesting conversations about the world we live in and lots of violence that happens off screen.

uhhh that wasnt sarcastic.

Lara Emily
04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
If this is true, which an actual link would be nice, I doubt it'll be his next film. His next film is expected to be his war film Inglorious Bastards.

Smitty
04-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Here's a link http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4411

wait...they totally changed that news scoop haha...check it out.

Smitty
04-23-2004, 04:45 PM
The updated scoop now reads:

Quentin Tarantino Talks Vega Brothers & More! Source: Rigger Friday, April 23, 2004

Scooper 'Rigger' tells us that Kill Bill Vol. 2 writer and director Quentin Tarantino talked about The Vega Brothers and more to San Antonio radio station Mix 96.1 yesterday:

In an interview with a local radio station here in San Antonio (Mix 96.1, The Woody Show) yesterday, Quentin stated that yes he had an idea for the Vega Brothers but it's not really moving and wouldn't be his next film. He said that even though he had an idea he didn't have a story, that it's not worth doing without a good story, and that there won't be a story until he gets really inspired to write one.

Other interesting stuff he mentioned. When asked if he had a foot fetish based on statements made by Uma thurman, Quentin didn't deny it. He only said that Uma only insinuated he had a foot fetish she didn't say he did. He also said that he would be interested in directing a horror film at some point. Finally he talked a little about Sin City and how Robert Rodriguez has selected a couple of scenes for him to work on. He didn't go into any details unfortunately.

The Miz
04-23-2004, 04:51 PM
LOL. yeah right. tarantino always tells shit like this to the media to get us gossipping. none of the following films will ever be made:

the vega brothers
pulp fiction 2
kill bill volume 3

Lara Emily
04-23-2004, 06:38 PM
LOL. yeah right. tarantino always tells shit like this to the media to get us gossipping. none of the following films will ever be made:

the vega brothers
pulp fiction 2
kill bill volume 3

Pretty much. And none of them should be made either, a continution of the kill Bill Universe under a different name being perhaps the only exception.

Funky Fly
04-23-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't think Pulp Fiction 2 could be done anyway. Half the characters are dead.

Lara Emily
04-23-2004, 06:46 PM
I don't think Pulp Fiction 2 could be done anyway. Half the characters are dead.

That and everything that really could be told has been. As for Vega Brothers it's not something that really needs to be done, I like the subtle references each movie has to each other there's no need to go over and direct.

Vega
04-23-2004, 07:02 PM
I like the name.

da_king
04-23-2004, 08:23 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">
i've heard that before about the vega brothers being marsden and travolta. it'd be nice if he could do something with those characters.

</font>

YOUR Hero
04-24-2004, 12:36 AM
**** Travolta.

Avenger
04-27-2004, 02:56 PM
hey! I love Travolta

el fregadero
04-27-2004, 06:49 PM
I like the name.
lol

Cathal
05-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I read he was directing a segment of the Sin City movie before he starts pre-production on Inglorious Bastards.

Rather see that than a bloated Travolta any day.

Wouldn’t a Vega brother’s movie would have to be a prequel seeing as the two characters die in the movies they’ve appeared in?…anyways…as someone pointed out QT is a notorious shitter when it comes to his next project…from the interviews alone this year he is currently writing a superhero movie, retro Bond re-make, Vega brothers etc

If he’d write as much as he talked we’d have a new Tarantino movie every 6 months.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Pretty much. And none of them should be made either, a continution of the kill Bill Universe under a different name being perhaps the only exception.
yup and I wouldnt be that suprised becasue of the question mark over Elle Driver's name on the end credits in KB Vol2

it could work although I doubt it will

Triple A
05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Why the hell would Tarantino make a sequal to Kill Bill?

I'm sure he's more creative than that.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-03-2004, 12:49 AM
ITS A POSSIBILITY

you know like its possible that you wont be a jerk for 5 seconds. Prolly wont happen, but the option is out there

Triple A
05-03-2004, 12:51 AM
lol

Triple A
05-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Maybe when he is like 58 and out of ideas.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Actually it would be pretty depressing if he does make a sequel. Thatd be like Kubrick making a Spartacus 2 or something. Not a good idea