View Full Version : rick roberts

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 09:54 PM
my latest match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SLp-EsbLY

can't embed for some reason

CSL
11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm 18 seconds in and the guy you are against is already a sloppy piece of shit.

CSL
11-19-2010, 10:02 PM
You need some gear mane.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm getting some for christmas. I was little mac

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:06 PM
And he's been in the business 13 years. I'm in a few other videos on sxe's page

The Naitch
11-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Mass Transit

Juan
11-19-2010, 10:23 PM
lol @ the top rope breaking in the second match

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah shane Daniels came in at one point and he was hitting the ropes so hard one snapped

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't know what you mean second match though

Blitz
11-19-2010, 10:36 PM
And he's been in the business 13 years. I'm in a few other videos on sxe's page
And he's still wrestling for EGO Pro. That oughta tell you something.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I found that to be oddly entertaining. You're a little bump machine. Could use some work on the selling, though.

Also, who was that Kofi Kingston/CM Punk hybrid backstage?

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:38 PM
thatd be spoonie mack

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Ego pro is gonna be in PWI soon. We get pretty big numbers. We get more people than some chikara shows.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 10:46 PM
The fans that I noticed the most were really fucking annoying. I've been to shows like that before though, so I know it's not just EGO Pro.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 10:48 PM
OK now that I've watched, you've improved in the ring. That means nothing though, because after the last outing you put up here, you couldn't have been any worse. That said, your offense looks weak as shit. The couple of times I could see your face, you didn't seem to be selling at all. You took a musclebuster on the floor and I hope you break your neck next time you do that to teach yourself a lesson.

And what the fuck are you doing no selling his chops in the corner? You're not fucking Misawa. You're a hundred and nothing pound nobody presumably jerking the curtain (and if you're not, your promoter needs to have a word with himself) against a giant. Those chops should've destroyed you.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:49 PM
i feel like i am missing something, due to anybody thrillas comments about the audience.

well I did 'break' my c5 vertabrae and i'm now 'taking time off' till january.

'who' knows what wil happen then!?

Blitz
11-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Ego pro is gonna be in PWI soon. We get pretty big numbers. We get more people than some chikara shows.
If only number of fans meant anything in relation to quality.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 10:52 PM
http://egoprowrestling.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53

Man never mind, I didn't know you guys had Placeholder on the roster. He's supposed to be the next Bryan Danielson.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 10:52 PM
And I heard Under Coonstruction gets major heat with his racist construction worker gimmick.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:53 PM
You should check out our main event guys they're pretty good.

matt Vice. Nino Sparks, evan Turner, Meance (he used to be in CZW but he did the actual wrestling not the ahrdcore shit)

We are a sort of strong style promotion, it's like southern style mixed with some strong style guys.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:53 PM
lol facebook ego pro site is really where the action is

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 10:55 PM
i feel like i am missing something, due to anybody thrillas comments about the audience.

well I did 'break' my c5 vertabrae and i'm now 'taking time off' till january.

'who' knows what wil happen then!?

I was just saying that the audience seemed really hick like, and they were people who didn't really want to be there. They were just making fun of the show instead of 'participating' in it. That's not your fault at all, obviously. I've seen a lot of 'fans' who are the exact same way at HWA shows. At least they were making some noise, though.

Also, I agree about the chops. Your little Hulk Up moment seemed out of place.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 10:56 PM
oh yeah they edited a bunch out of it. They pretty much edited out my selling lol

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, the "selling" that they left in wasn't great. Did they edit out your best selling?

I'm not trying to be a dick, here. I'm assuming you were looking for some critiques by posting it here. If I'm out of line, just let me know.

Like I said, though, I found the whole thing oddly entertaining. I couldn't even watch all of your first match. I watched this video all the way up through most of the backstage segment after your match.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Checking one of your company's videos, I see that you charged $3 admission for a show. And even then, some of your videos look like there's about 15 people in the crowd.

You'll be bigger than Chikara in no time.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I mean chikara gets like 200 ppl and so do we. I'm not saying we have more internet buys or whateever. plus ego pros been around about 5 years now

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I oversold too much last time. Now I don't sell enouguh. I'll find the middle ground eventually.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Your offence is awful but that can easily be worked on. The cutting makes it hard to judge the pace/structure of the match. You don't need to take so many steps when doing things, amazing how much it affects the flow of a match. You're a skinny guy doing that fucking indy no-sell fire gimmick in the corner against a 'monster', no idea why. If it's supposed to be a squash, you shouldn't do it at all. If it's supposed to be somewhat competitive and you absolutely must do it, wait til it's closer to the finish, start your comeback with it or something. The finish was stupidly dangerous which adds to what I said about the guy being sloppy as fuck. And agreeing to take a Muscle Buster on that floor in front of that crowd for what would have been next to no money/quite possibly no money at all is utterly retarded. I get the impression your opponent could possibly run the fed or be involved with running it? Who trained you/how many matches have you had etc?

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Also where we live we have a wrestling show every 5 miles.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:08 PM
That was my twelfth match. I was trained by Barry Allen, Dave Piillman, and Matt Vice mainly.

The muscle buster bump is all part of a bigger angle.

Pillman doesnt have anything to do with the booking.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Or what Blitz said.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:09 PM
That's a one armed rubix cube. It's not all that dangerous I do the whole thing myself.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:10 PM
That was my twelfth match. I was trained by Barry Allen, Dave Piillman, and Matt Vice mainly.

'Being part of an angle' is no excuse. You can get an angle you want over without doing something stupid if you just do it properly. Far too many idiots around taking risks like Vince McMahon is signing their cheques for no reason whatsoever.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:12 PM
And that fat guy is responsible for training people? Good lord. This happens everywhere, fucking infuriating.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 11:13 PM

You've just been trained, and a spot like that is dangerous for anyone, even if they've been in the business for 20 years. Like I said, you're like 150 pounds soaking wet. Your opponent looks to be pushing 400. He doesn't need to take you to the floor to injure you. There's no reason to do it, it's just pointless indy extreme BS.

Blitz
11-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I checked out a Matt Vice video. He looks like he very very badly wants to be Mike Quackenbush. And everyone in your promotion looks sloppy as shit.

Anybody Thrilla
That fat guy trains people everywhere? Fascinating. :shifty:

Indifferent Clox
I''m actually more like 170. It really didn't even hurt that bad. And dude check out that guys other matches before you judge him. He's wrestled samoa joe and raven. the match was supposed to look like a big beatdown. the dude can work, he knows all sorts of counters, reversals, etc. He's real good when he's not in there with someone he's having to carry.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Matt Vice is amazing.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 11:20 PM
There's a video on YouTube called "The Best of EGO Pro 2009 (In six minutes)". :lol:

Blitz
11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
I''m actually more like 170.
Oh never mind then. Go and take a Pedigree on the floor.

Anybody Thrilla
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Matt Vice looks like Tommy Dreamer with Taz tendencies. Who else should I take a look at?

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:26 PM
A pedigree on the floor probably wouldn't bee all that bad, depending how you took it.

Check out evan turner, menace, nino sparks, dave pillman v. menace , dave pillman v. samoa joe. barry allen v. raven

Oh and if you can find the ladder match vice v. nino v. turner v. menace which was in october i believe it is the match of the company i think.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:27 PM
blitz i appreciate what you're trying to say, but have you ever wrestled before?

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm actually more like 170. It really didn't even hurt that bad. And dude check out that guys other matches before you judge him. He's wrestled samoa joe and raven. the match was supposed to look like a big beatdown. the dude can work, he knows all sorts of counters, reversals, etc. He's real good when he's not in there with someone he's having to carry.

It doesn't matter if it didn't hurt, it's ridiculously unnecessary and a so called 13 year pro should know this. I'd be sceptical about having Samoa Joe do that to anybody on a PPV, let alone some shitarse indy show.

Knowing all sorts of counters, reversals etc means absolutely jack shit if you don't know or have no interest in knowing when to do them. This is a very common 'problem'. MOVEZ.

And the absolute worst wrestler I know on the face of this earth has wrestled CM Punk, The Sandman and Raven in a 3 way and Mick Foley.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Pillman's a consumate worker. Doubt me all you want but Pillman's pretty great. He wanted teh match to look 'sloppy' to all the smarks. we had the whole backstage worked that Pillman was really pissed at me and Barry, look at their reactions, matt and Bob O's reactions are very real.

Also go to the ego pro face book page and vote for me now on there.

For anyone else who's wondering TXW is a sister promotion that's pretty good.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:36 PM
He wanted teh match to look 'sloppy' to all the smarks. we had the whole backstage worked that Pillman was really pissed at me and Barry

To steal another phrase from another forum, that reeks of utter shitarsery. Paying any attention to 'smarks', working the boys etc. Shit.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
SHETTTTTTT.

CSL
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RM5uNULj_Ss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RM5uNULj_Ss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:39 PM
lmao oh sawa.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm gonna be the next Chucky TJP

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM
that was a joke btw

Blitz
11-20-2010, 12:04 AM
blitz i appreciate what you're trying to say, but have you ever wrestled before?
No Clox, I've never wrestled. I've only watched it for just about 20 years, and worked in the business itself for about 10 years for a company that has a hell of a lot more talent and wrestling industry smarts behind it then EGO Pro.

I don't pretend that makes me even close to an expert. But that doesn't mean I'm talking out of my ass. You haven't countered anything I've said. Nothing. The fact that you react so cavalierly to taking dangerous moves on the floor after you've been in the business for about 5 minutes shows me exactly how smart you are. Be safe, you idiot. It's guys like you that are a part of the reason that so many wrestlers retire young or have severe injuries or painkiller addictions, etc.. Because you think that to get an angle over you just need to do something dangerous. Was there a story behind your match? Have you guys been feuding for a while? Do the fans have any idea who you or your opponent is, are they invested in the story you two have created? Do you have a discernible personality? Anything that would make anyone give a shit that you are risking your life? Even if any of this is right, like I said, there's plenty of ways to do an injury angle that are a lot safer than that.

And the fact that one of your trainers doesn't have an issue doing that withv you so early in your training tells me a little something about him, too.

Blitz
11-20-2010, 12:06 AM
And lol at one of the trainers trying to work the boys. Awesome.

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
They know the one thing I can do is bump and I can do that pretty well.

I'm not gonna try to counter anything you say. Say what you want.

I don't really see how you can say your promotion you worked for is better than EGO pro when you've never seen an ego pro show. Those vids are whatever barry compiled but i assure you EGO pros the best local show i've ever been to.

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:10 AM
The trainer is one of the bookers and a wrestler. He was working the TXW and non rookie EGO Pro guys. It definetly worked lol.

CSL
11-20-2010, 12:12 AM
He was working the TXW and non rookie EGO Pro guys. It definetly worked lol.

And what did it accomplish?

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
A pretty realistic looking vignette in the back that helps work over the fans more.

CSL
11-20-2010, 12:28 AM
The realistic looking vignette with guys smiling during an apparently serious angle and some dude at the back of the room watching from his seat like nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever is taking place?

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:31 AM
http://www.facebook.com/EGOProWrestling vote there

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Not everyone gets up and makes a big deal during a fight, some people don't care/ are too drunk. I mean that was truly Bob O's reaction like "WTF.. I better stay out of this.

CSL
11-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Not everyone gets up and makes a big deal during a fight, some people don't care/ are too drunk. I mean that was truly Bob O's reaction like "WTF.. I better stay out of this.

And it looked like shit. Which wouldn't have been the case had they A. Not worked the boys like utter fucking mongoloids because it made them feel like their angle that nobody gives a shit about actually meant something and B. Used decent talent.

I checked out the guy you put over on the last page

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ju_NwkpIKWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ju_NwkpIKWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I believe you called him 'amazing'. He's not. He's sloppy, dangerous and looks like complete shit. If he dropped me on my head like he was dropping people on their heads in that vid, I'd have broken his fucking face. Nice to see him risking people's health like that for those jammed packed crowds also. Piece of shit.

I think I'm gonna be done with this thread now because I could spend all night ranting at you. I've seen first hand what can happen when things go badly wrong, permanent life affecting things and these were under more professional circumstances, with much better wrestlers than what are on display there whilst taking less risks and a lot less retarded stuff. Get a clue, get trained properly and stay away from that company because they are a dime a dozen and they are all utterly worthless, usually in existence for no reason other than to soothe some cowboy promoters ego because he's too shit/fat/lazy/undedicated to ever do anything worthwhile in the wrestling business but still wants to play Vince McMahon. I know you probably aren't going to listen to this because guys like you will never 'get it' but I wish you luck and hope you don't get hurt.

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:55 AM
hey hey. Never said I wasn't listening. Just because I try to defend my company doesnt mean i don't hear you and possiblyeven agree with you. truth is there is no PWG or chikara down here, this is the best promotion in my area. and evan turner likes taking head bumps on his fucking head for some godforsaken reason. that's not matt being sloppy that's eric being craazy

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2010, 12:57 AM
sorry i mean 'evan'

kayfabe fact of the evening "eric tolbert" is evan turner

Blitz
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
They know the one thing I can do is bump and I can do that pretty well.

I'm not gonna try to counter anything you say. Say what you want.

I don't really see how you can say your promotion you worked for is better than EGO pro when you've never seen an ego pro show. Those vids are whatever barry compiled but i assure you EGO pros the best local show i've ever been to.
Because the promotion I work for has people running it and people on it who have actually done things of significance in wrestling.

I'm not deliberately trying to rundown your promotion, but the fact that you treat it as more than a few steps above a backyard fed is amusing. You're not a "strong style/southern style" fed. It looks like a bunch of pudgy kids who watch a lot of puro and a lot of industry and are trying to emulate it.

Again, this is from a few of the highlight videos I've looked at. When I get a chance I'll find a full match. Maybe I'm completely wrong, in which case you're video guy should be canned.

Again Clox, maybe you don't wanna listen to me, but do notice that CSL, who actually does work, is saying very similar things.

And did you say Matt Vice helped train you? The kid looks like he's about 21.

Dave Youell
11-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Ok, I AM a wrestler, most of all the vids here look pretty sloppy.

Dave Youell
11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Because the promotion I work for has people running it and people on it who have actually done things of significance in wrestling.

I'm not deliberately trying to rundown your promotion, but the fact that you treat it as more than a few steps above a backyard fed is amusing. You're not a "strong style/southern style" fed. It looks like a bunch of pudgy kids who watch a lot of puro and a lot of industry and are trying to emulate it.

Again, this is from a few of the highlight videos I've looked at. When I get a chance I'll find a full match. Maybe I'm completely wrong, in which case you're video guy should be canned.

Again Clox, maybe you don't wanna listen to me, but do notice that CSL, who actually does work, is saying very similar things.

And did you say Matt Vice helped train you? The kid looks like he's about 21.
The fact that these are the highlights wouldn't make me hold out much hope about a whole match.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-21-2010, 03:14 PM
No embed?

Indifferent Clox
11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm on iPhone and I can't watch let alone embed that vid

Indifferent Clox
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Many of our matches have a lot more chaining. We get 200-400 people. We had one show which had raven and Samoa Joe on it that got like 1200. Txw our knoxville sister promotion has tv which I've been on a couple times.

Anybody Thrilla
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3SLp-EsbLY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3SLp-EsbLY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sixx
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry, but this is terrible.

The headbutts looked more like kisses.

Sixx
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Oh, and your kicks and clotheslines? Horrible.

Indifferent Clox
11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Hose were shoot headbuyts