View Full Version : League of Legends

Bad Company
11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Anyone else playing this?
It's free, and fucking awesome

www.leagueoflegends.com

Boomer
11-22-2010, 07:04 AM
I did for quite a while, but I haven't recently. Got to level 29 and didn't have many friends playing it much anymore. I still check up on the new characters every so often.

A really good free game though.

Funky Fly
11-22-2010, 07:09 AM
describe

Boomer
11-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Its a Defense of the Ancients variant, if you know what that is. Basically a 5v5 tug-of-war with like 65 playable characters. Symmetrical map...destroy your opponent's base but defend yours at the same time. That type of thing.

Kalyx triaD
11-24-2010, 11:52 PM
"Action RTS"

I considered checking out the whole DotA deal, out of curiosity. Have a friend who swears by this.

Boomer
11-25-2010, 10:24 AM
It is a shitload of fun, but requires a lot of knowledge to play well. With 60+ heroes with 4 abilities each, and around 100 items each hero can use to change their stats, its a lot to take in. So many different ways a team can be composed, too.

Bad Company
07-04-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm gonna bump this to ask if anyone is playing, and if they are, we should team up and shit.

LoDownM
07-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Not anymore.

Boomer
07-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I've been playing once or twice a day recently. Still level 29 (I think I was level 28 when I posted earlier). My username is Truitt, and I play Singed almost exclusively.

LoDownM
07-26-2011, 03:07 AM
I don't know how people can play this so much, it has more elitist cry babies who blame everyone else when they die, then WoW and Black Ops do combined.

Jura
07-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Yeah they go hardcore with that stuff. I only play bot games just to pass the time or I'm bored and to try out new champs. I want to enjoy games not get stressed or angry because of it.

Boomer
09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
The new Dominion mode got released to the public today, and man, did they do a good job of turning a MOBA into a short but sweet experience. Games last about fifteen to twenty minutes, and are action packed. Leveling is faster, and you really get to make a powerful character in much faster time.

I only played it once, but I haven't read any negative experiences with it so far and it was as-advertised. Some champions are probably better suited for this mode than others, but it seems awfully well balanced. If we could get a group to play regularly here, I would be on board.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mxDJTjng3_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad Company
09-26-2011, 06:53 PM
It's awesome fun playing dominion.

The only char I find a bit OP in dominion is rammus. Just his speed and hold ability is out of control.

I'm playing a lot more ranked these days, and am using normal to try get into some new characters. Don't really play that many. I started off playing Malphite, then to GP, Cho Gath, Nunu, master yi, warwick and now I'm playing a bit of Kassadin and Caitlyn, both a pretty good fun. Need to get a proper mage into my skillset though, might look at playing Lux.

People seem to be whining about Morgana a lot lately, her Ult, shield, and using a hourglass make her pretty much unkillable. But if you can pull it off, I don't see it being an issue.

Riot are showing way too much love for Tanky DPS at the moment, everyone seems to build atmogs and trinity force on their GP, Renekton, Xin, etc. It's pretty OP.
Also lot's of burst characters have been released lately, Talon comes to mind, as does Riven. Leona is a burst tank, she just spams her spells and thats her pretty much done, worthless really.

Boomer
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
The only character that was really annoying me during my one game was Gangplank, whose ultimate was just constantly stopping characters from capturing points. I did alright for my first try, and our team got out in a huge lead, but ended up losing pretty badly.

LoDownM
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Is Wukong still op? I was wrecking shit with him before I stopped playing.

Bad Company
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
He is pretty well balanced now, it seems it takes riot a while to figure out if new champs are op or up or balanced.
Right now singed is pretty broken, he's a sure idiot trap as well for anyone who chases him.

Boomer
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
As a (almost only) Singed player for a few years now (came in when Shaco got released), he pretty much feels about how he's always felt. I'm sure he's gotten some buffs, but anyone who's ever followed him is a dumbass.

Boomer
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
He's still ungodly awful early on, as long as someone doesn't go tower diving you. Anybody who thinks he can solo lane early against any ranged champion is out of their minds. Once I get Insanity Potion though, I'm pretty confident in my ability to take some hits and deal some damage to people willing to chase me.

Jimmy Cones
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
bump

Jimmy Cones - add me

*edit* got my first penta kill today, easy bots but still.

Bad Company
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
yeah im in elo hell.
lost 400 elo in 2 days, and now I'm fucked.
But pm me and I'll add you, im good enough to play premade with, can do anything.

Gonzo
12-09-2011, 08:56 PM
This game is awful.

There are better games in the genre.

LoDownM
12-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I remember why I quit playing this... killing blow whores who get pissed and leave. Lost 3 games of dominion in a row from people leaving because they get a few kb's stolen. I was 1/0/11 in a game earlier and played the whole thing, people need to get over it.

LoDownM
12-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Previous post aside, Dominion is a blast, 10-15 min games instead of 30-45 min in classic mode is great.

Bad Company
12-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of dominion personally. Still love to play classic. Jungling a lot these days. Jungle Malphite is OP.

Gonzo
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Have you ever played Heroes of Newerth? That's my preference.

I got a DotA 2 beta invite. Definitely feels different than HoN. Lacks polish. But you would expect that from a beta. I just don't think things will change to the final product.

Bad Company
12-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Hon has a little too much burst for me. I prefer a slower game, bit more strategy and patience.
And it irritates all Riot wants to do these days is release burst characters. But I have to get over it.
I think I'll stick to LoL over DOTA2. But it does look good.

Gonzo
12-13-2011, 12:02 AM
I would say DotA pacing is between LoL and HoN.

LoL is painfully slow to me.

Bad Company
12-13-2011, 06:57 AM
I prefer the slowness. Looking forward to the patch that is going on right now.
Morde needed a slight buff
Veigar needed a big buff
Fizz needed a slight nerf
Volibear needed a big nerf
Glad to see warmogs getting a nerf, it was way OP.

Jura
10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SJNAxIuHWjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoDownM
01-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Started playing again outta boredom, names Zariane, add me if you wanna play sometime.