PDA

View Full Version : Raw Spoiler

glanville6
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
With The Miz cashing in Money in the Bank tonight, what is the "over/under" on this first reign?

Juan
11-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Really?

Shisen Kopf
11-22-2010, 11:14 PM
He will be the eternal champion

glanville6
11-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Oops will he LOSE it at Royal Rumble, not lost it.

Savio
11-22-2010, 11:17 PM
where is the "He will never lose it" option?

Cool King
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Does the title of this thread not count as a Raw Spoiler? :-\

Shisen Kopf
11-22-2010, 11:21 PM
How is it a spoiler? Shows over dude

VSG
11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
WAY too early, but voting nonetheless.

FourFifty
11-22-2010, 11:29 PM
ALready on YouTube

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmiF16nE9YI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmiF16nE9YI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Aguakate
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
I voted for the "He will lose it at the Royal Rumble" option.

It sounds about right. He may regain it at WM27, though.

St. Jimmy
11-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Looking over the History of WWWF/WWF/WWE Champions. The Miz is the 2nd worst WWE Champion of all time, only being beaten by Diesel.

BollywoodSingh
11-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I can't believe how far The Miz has come. I hated him so much when he was on Tough Enough in 2004 and I was shocked when he got signed in the first place. Now he's one of my favourites.

glanville6
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I apologize about the title

Mr Amazing
11-22-2010, 11:43 PM
i see miz losing the title at the next ppv (tlc) simular to edge in 2006

XCaliber
11-22-2010, 11:45 PM
He will lose it at Wrestlemania... 28!

Savio
11-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Looking over the History of WWWF/WWF/WWE Champions. The Miz is the 2nd worst WWE Champion of all time, only being beaten by Diesel.
Basing this off of?

Aguakate
11-22-2010, 11:47 PM

This is what's wrong with some fans. They complain about how the same old guys keep on getting Titles and wins, yet when a new, young wrestler gets his break, they'll complain too.

VSG
11-22-2010, 11:47 PM

??

OldSchoolFan
11-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I LOVE the girl at about 3:45 of that vids face...

Theo Dious
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Basing this off of?

Based of of his being an asshole?

thedamndest
11-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Miz is great as a character but doesn't have the ability to make me want to see him in a 25 minute match.

Cool King
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
How is it a spoiler? Shows over dude

Yes, but not everyone watches/gets Raw live where they are.

Jeritron
11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Miz is great as a character but doesn't have the ability to make me want to see him in a 25 minute match.

In all fairness though, he hasn't been involved in very many 25 minute matches yet. And not really with guys like Cena or HHH.
I think he will have the ability to do that now that he's "leveled up."

Jeritron
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM

This is true, but I would have to question why someone would be reading a wrestling forum at 11:05 est on a monday night if they were concerned about being spoiled

Jeritron
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people complain about spoilers on a themed forum/thread to something that has already happened on television, or a movie that has already been released, etc.

I suppose it's a dick move to make the spoilers so direct, but it's also common sense to stay the fuck away.

Aguakate
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
In all fairness though, he hasn't been involved in very many 25 minute matches yet. And not really with guys like Cena or HHH.

Right, he's GOT to wrestle Triple H at some point. Triple H is in a spot now where they can use him to get over the younger talent, as they did with Sheamus. I'm not saying Triple H is on his way out, and that's all he should be used for, what I mean is that wrestling with guys like Triple H "legitimizes" the young guys. That's what Miz is lacking, big time matches with the "top dogs". You've got to think he'll get those now.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 12:00 AM
I've been wanting Miz vs HHH at Wrestlemania for a few months now. I hope it happens, title or not.

Cool King
11-23-2010, 12:10 AM
This is true, but I would have to question why someone would be reading a wrestling forum at 11:05 est on a monday night if they were concerned about being spoiled

Well the thread title would still be visible on the main forum whenever someone replies to it, no matter what time of day it is. :-\

For all we know, someone could not have watched Raw yet but is avoiding the wrestling forum for obvious reasons, and only going into Casual or Video Games or whatever. But then someone replies to the thread and it's on the front page of the forum for that person to see.

Also, nothing this big has happened on Raw since I think Bret Hart's return, so I don't think anyone would be expecting a spoiler quite like The Miz becoming WWE Champion. That would be the last thing someone would expect to happen on Raw.

Aguakate
11-23-2010, 12:12 AM
This guy is the WWE Champion. You've got to hand it to him, he dreamed it, and achieved it:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRiMwRi6ygY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRiMwRi6ygY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thedamndest
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM

That is true. But looking back I can't think of any Miz matches that were must sees. He's obviously competent in the ring but now we will find out of he is as good as his push.

James Steele
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM
About time you guys turned around and realized how important/awesome/immortal Triple H is.

Aguakate
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
About time you guys turned around and realized how important/awesome/immortal Triple H is.

I've never said the opposite.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Well the thread title would still be visible on the main forum whenever someone replies to it, no matter what time of day it is. :-\

For all we know, someone could not have watched Raw yet but is avoiding the wrestling forum for obvious reasons, and only going into Casual or Video Games or whatever. But then someone replies to the thread and it's on the front page of the forum for that person to see.

Also, nothing this big has happened on Raw since I think Bret Hart's return, so I don't think anyone would be expecting a spoiler quite like The Miz becoming WWE Champion. That would be the last thing someone would expect to happen on Raw.

I wouldn't come to The People's Wrestling Website after Raw had aired unless I wanted to know what happened, but that's just me.
I'm not really going to argue about it, but whether you see it from the wrestling forum, or the main page, it's still a wrestling website and it's still 10 minutes after Raw aired live.

thedamndest
11-23-2010, 12:21 AM
A bunch of people called Miz cashing it in so it was clearly not the last thing someone would expect to happen on Raw.

SOCCER LEGS
11-23-2010, 12:23 AM
it's gonna be like swagger's reign... he's not gonna be a credible threat against major faces

bigslimjj
11-23-2010, 01:06 AM
This is a true story....of 7 strangers picked to live in a house...and one of em will start out as a racist on that show, and someday be a wwe champion....from freakin Ohio.But Sheamus got his belt about this time last year and took it to WM. I'm picking No way out in the chamber.

Ruien
11-23-2010, 01:11 AM
A bunch of people called Miz cashing it in so it was clearly not the last thing someone would expect to happen on Raw.

They have been calling it in on every other ppv also.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 01:20 AM
This is what's wrong with some fans. They complain about how the same old guys keep on getting Titles and wins, yet when a new, young wrestler gets his break, they'll complain too.

I didn't complain when CM Punk, Jack Swagger, or Sheamus won the title. Miz is awful.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 01:22 AM

America > Everyone Else.

Aguakate
11-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I didn't complain when CM Punk, Jack Swagger, or Sheamus won the title. Miz is awful.

...he's not awful, come on, now. You may not like his character, or his style, or how he wrestles, but he's not AWFUL.

Juan
11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
We all know St. Jimmy has immaculate taste in wrestling, so he must be right.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 01:36 AM
We all know St. Jimmy has immaculate taste in wrestling, so he must be right.

Why thank you, I appreciate your never-ceasing support, Juan.

James Steele
11-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Wait, The Miz was considered racist on the Real World? What was that all about...

Juan
11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Wait, The Miz was considered racist on the Real World? What was that all about...

He and a black chick named Coral from the Real World NY cast did not get along at all. They would get into arguments all the time and one time he said something stupid about her being a bitch because she's black.

They ended up patching things up tho and won several of the Road Rules/Real World challenges together.

James Steele
11-23-2010, 01:53 AM
He and a black chick named Coral from the Real World NY cast did not get along at all. They would get into arguments all the time and one time he said something stupid about her being a bitch because she's black.

They ended up patching things up tho and won several of the Road Rules/Real World challenges together.

Oh ok. The Miz is growing on me more and more. Callin' out bitches...[/Tupac]

Tom Guycott
11-23-2010, 01:57 AM
I LOVE the girl at about 3:45 of that vids face...

I don't even have to watch the clip to know what girl you're talking about ('cause I actually caught the end of RAW). She looked like she was about to storm the ring, hit the F5 on Miz, and declare herself #1 contender.

Juan
11-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Oh ok. The Miz is growing on me more and more. Callin' out bitches...[/Tupac]

When the show first started, they pointed out that Miz was an only child who had grown up somewhat sheltered and had never interacted with gays and blacks, so some of the animosity stemmed from that.

Miz was basically a dumb jock/frat boy for pretty much the whole season. Plus, he was only 21 at the time.

James Steele
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM
When the show first started, they pointed out that Miz was an only child who had grown up somewhat sheltered and had never interacted with gays and blacks, so some of the animosity stemmed from that.

Miz was basically a dumb jock/frat boy for pretty much the whole season. Plus, he was only 21 at the time.

I imagine some creative MTV editing helped too.

dronepool
11-23-2010, 02:16 AM
This guy is the WWE Champion. You've got to hand it to him, he dreamed it, and achieved it:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRiMwRi6ygY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRiMwRi6ygY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://i53.tinypic.com/2enukxh.jpg

Juan
11-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Coral was a total bitch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2OGOGVNdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2OGOGVNdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

James Steele
11-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Wow.

Cuzziebro
11-23-2010, 06:32 AM
St. Jimmy please explain how you concluded that The Miz is the 2nd worst Champion? I don't see how you came to that conclusion at all.
Personally, I enjoy The Miz quite a bit. He is a great character and no he may not be at HHH's level, for example, however he deserved this title and hopefully they make the most of it. Knowing WWE they wont. But we all can hope.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 06:37 AM
St. Jimmy please explain how you concluded that The Miz is the 2nd worst Champion? I don't see how you came to that conclusion at all.
Personally, I enjoy The Miz quite a bit. He is a great character and no he may not be at HHH's level, for example, however he deserved this title and hopefully they make the most of it. Knowing WWE they wont. But we all can hope.

He isn't a draw. He never will be.

Sixx
11-23-2010, 06:48 AM
I don't like him, but that's not the point.

Just knowing WWE, he will disappear from the World Title scene as soon as he loses the belt. Don't know when it will happen though. Probably two PPVs from now, whatever comes then.

Cuzziebro
11-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Besides the fact that I like The Miz, I think WWE handled his MITB Cash In/Title Match very well. It was drawn out, Miz was given time to build himself more. I don't want to jinx it but maybe someone higher up in the E is starting to get it right.

MoFo
11-23-2010, 08:37 AM
He will never lose it.

Savio
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
He isn't a draw. He never will be.So Vince McMahon was a better champion than him?

Ruien
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Coral was a total bitch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2OGOGVNdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2OGOGVNdC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"I hope we go to the desert because I want to trade you for some camels" (Random guy talking to Coral) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Volare
11-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I think this run is going to go the same as Sheamus'. He'll have questionable victories and lose it in the EC.

Nightwing
11-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Elimination Chamber.

Brigstocke
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM

How fucking dare you?

Haze
11-23-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=1650
I Came to Play

Nightwing
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Its so easy to judge how horrible of a champion he is when he was champion on tv for a whole 3 minutes, and hasnt had the belt for a day yet.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Why am I supposed to give a fuck? Am I a stockholder? Are you? We are fucking fans.
If you don't like him, which you obviously don't, just leave it at that. It's your opinion that he's a poor champ (even though we haven't seen a lick of his reign) but don't act like it's fact and don't appeal to inappropriate authorities, like drawing power.
I respect that you don't like the guy but trolling his title reign 5 minutes in and justifying it on drawing powers is laughable.

jerichoholicninja
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM

He's not a draw? The crowd after he won was insane. For a heel beating a top face for the title unfairly, the crowd really seemed to love it.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm sure Swagger and Sheamus sell so much more merchandise than The Miz.

Honestly though, I don't think Orton and Cena were any bigger of draws in 2004.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
He's not a draw? The crowd after he won was insane. For a heel beating a top face for the title unfairly, the crowd really seemed to love it.

They were excited that something unexpected happened. Anyone could've cashed in that briefcase and would've had that same pop.

Savio
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
You didn't answer my question.

Xero
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
They were excited that something unexpected happened. Anyone could've cashed in that briefcase and would've had that same pop.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfHZvgu7CnA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfHZvgu7CnA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

That video begs to differ, even with the added crowd response.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 07:07 PM
The Miz is obviously more over than plenty of other champions in recent years, and has potential to be a bigger draw if he isn't already.

It's hard to tell what kind of a draw someone is until they are champion, and with the way things are in the current climate, it's hard to tell even then.
But The Miz certainly isn't any less of a draw than anyone else in the uppermidcard is or ever really has been.

Orton/Cena weren't bigger draws right when they were breaking through in 2004, or Punk a few years ago, or Swagger/Sheamus last year, and so on.
Was Edge that much more of a draw when he went and cashed in for the title?
Jericho has been a great champion over the past few years, and he's certainly not a huge draw like Cena or Rey.

Nowadays the champion doesn't really carry the company on his back anymore. It's the entire roster that does that collectively, and the champions really are creative decisions. I think individual drawing is less important when it comes to the title belts, except for maybe at Wrestlemania.
Creatively, I think Miz is worthy. And I think that's really all that's relevant now. Especially as a fan.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Xero, that pop was pretty much no different than the pop the Miz got. I don't hear a difference.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Nowadays the champion doesn't really carry the company on his back anymore.

Right. That just adds to the argument that he wasn't a draw before he was champion, he won't be any more of a draw as champion. No one consciously will buy a PPV or a Ticket because of Mike Mizanin; the people who say they will or disagree are doing so because they have are trying to make a point on how contradictory they can be.

Droford
11-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I said he'd lose at the Chamber, similar to what happened to Sheamus earlier this year.

They fucking have to do Miz vs Morrison at the Rumble though. The Title match is usually a throw away anyway at the Rumble and that match would be awesome.

Droford
11-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Also, Miz needs to rip off Jericho and have a Monday Night R-AWESOME shirt.

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Right. That just adds to the argument that he wasn't a draw before he was champion, he won't be any more of a draw as champion. No one consciously will buy a PPV or a Ticket because of Mike Mizanin; the people who say they will or disagree are doing so because they have are trying to make a point on how contradictory they can be.

Not only is that not true, but it's irrelevant. How does this garbage about his drawing ability explain whether or not I should enjoy him as champion?

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Now I'm supposed to prefer Hogan to Shawn because of drawing power

St. Jimmy
11-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Not only is that not true, but it's irrelevant. How does this garbage about his drawing ability explain whether or not I should enjoy him as champion?

Since when is this discussion about you?

Jeritron
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
It's a discussion about you stating he's the 2nd worst champion in WWE history as though it were fact.
Not only is that ridiculous, since he won it last night, but it's also just impossible to state something like that and argue it with any tangible facts.
If it's your opinion, that is fine, but you started citing drawing power and evidence to support your case.

Cuzziebro
11-24-2010, 12:00 AM

Is there really people out there who buy a ticket to a live RAW/Smackdown/PPV etc. for just ONE specific wrestler?

Fox
11-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty excited about The Miz winning the WWE Championship on RAW. It's not like Kane or Jack Swagger cashing in, or Sheamus winning the WWE title; this time I really think they've given the world title to someone who can truly take the ball and run with it. Right now, when the WWE is trying new things and giving the spotlight to new stars, I think that The Miz is someone who can capitalize on that spotlight and make himself into a superstar. Nobody in the WWE has his mic skills right now. Super Cena and Robo-Orton are bland and boring, Jericho is gone, Punk is on the shelf, even Triple H might not be able to hold the microphone with The Miz.

The man is on top of his game and has earned his rise to the top. From his matches in ECW to Miz and Morrison, ShowMiz, his "feud" with John Cena and his recent run with the US Title, Miz has been a highlight of the WWE for a long time. I just hope the WWE gives him the time and storylines necessary to help make him a star. If nothing else, I, and many others I'm sure, can't wait to hear The Miz cut a promo on Monday night RAW, and that alone is a sign that the company is doing something right.

Fox
11-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Also, back on topic, I really hope he holds the title until WrestleMania, where he loses it to someone like Triple H or Orton.

Savio
11-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I would like to see him cut a promo about how he will be the only one from a tough enough series to win a title, cue john morrison

Volare
11-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Now that would be pretty cool Savior, relive a little bit of history and turn it into something good.

Former Tough Enough castmates.
Former WWE and World Tag Champs. (together)
Both have held either US or IC titles.

St. Jimmy
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
and he's the first openly homosexual WWE Champion of all time!

Mr. Pierre
11-24-2010, 01:55 PM
It's amazing how much he's improved. 5 years ago he was jobbing out to Boogeyman, and his only way of getting over was beating Tatanka with his shitty neckbreaker finisher. He's come a looooong way, and it's great to see :y:

Nightwing
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I would like to see him cut a promo about how he will be the only one from a tough enough series to win a title, cue john morrison

Which in return could help build the re-launch of the series.

Tommy Gunn
11-24-2010, 04:38 PM
and he's the first openly homosexual WWE Champion of all time!

What?

I google searched 'The Miz Gay' and one of the links was titled 'why is Michael Cole so gay for The Miz?'

That's bout all I found, I think you're telling me lieeeeees.

Volare
11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
TO MANY LIES!!
TO MANY LIES!!

OOOOOooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Tommy Gunn
11-24-2010, 06:37 PM
TOO?

Juan
11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Too many limes

James Steele
11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
http://nimg.sulekha.com/entertainment/original700/nancy-o-dell-triple-h-2009-8-22-5-10-49.jpg

Juan
11-24-2010, 09:27 PM
That is relevant

Volare
11-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Too many limes

The only limes you care about are in your Corona. :D

James Steele
11-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Juan is a horrible fucking mod.