PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Heenan in bad shape

Tb1
11-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 11/26/2010 at 03:39 PM

Lanny Poffo reported on his Poetry in Motion podcast Wednesday that WWE Hall of Famer Bobby “The Brain” Heenan has been in and out of a coma at a Tampa, Florida hospital and isn’t doing good at all. Poffo added that Heenan wasn’t aware of anything and has been unconscious.

MVP posted the following message on Twitter:

"Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan is in bad shape. Yrs ago he encouraged & complimented me ! Keep him in your thoughts & send positive vibes his way!"

Really hope he gets better.

Cool King
11-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Damn. :(

I hope he does get better.

RiX1024
11-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Dang, this guy has been through a lot of shit, get well soon Heenan.

Xero
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Fuck. :(

MoFo
11-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah last time I saw a recent pic of him it was awful, really sad how bad he looked.

Rammsteinmad
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't mean to be a prick or anything, but Heenan has been in 'bad shape' for like, the last five years or something. Heenan is no doubt a legend's legend in the wrestling industry, but to be honest I'm kind of past the 'hope he gets better' stage. The guy is clearly on his way out. He should cherish what time he has left, whilst we should be thankful for what he has given us.

Sixx
11-26-2010, 04:39 PM
As bad as it might sound, I think it'd be better if he just passed away peacefully.

The guy suffered too much.

Schlomey
11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
:(

Rammsteinmad
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
As bad as it might sound, I think it'd be better if he just passed away peacefully.

Exactly. :yes:

VSG
11-26-2010, 05:27 PM
:'(

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-26-2010, 05:45 PM

captaincharismark
11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Bobby Heenan was the only good announcer WCW had, and it's sad that this wrestling great is in bad shape. With having throat cancer and now this, seems like the guy has had a run of bad luck. Hopefully, karma will kick in and his luck will turn around.

Nicky Fives
11-26-2010, 06:38 PM
get well soon from all the Humanoids :(

Aguakate
11-26-2010, 06:41 PM
It really is sad that he has ended up like this.

Evil Vito
11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah. The guy has been through absolute hell, if this is it for him I hope he can go out peacefully and painlessly.

Not too sure if I believe in an afterlife, but if there is one it's cool to think that it would be presided over by Gorilla and The Brain.</font>

St. Jimmy
11-26-2010, 07:48 PM

:y: A Noble death for a noble man. Poor Bobby.

Seth82
11-26-2010, 08:00 PM
hopefully Bobby dies peacefully

he and gorilla monsoon were hilarious together

Emperor Smeat
11-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Hoping he gets better at least for the holidays since it would let his family and himself have at least 1 more holiday to spend together especially with Christmas being the holiday people try to be together.

CSL
11-26-2010, 10:42 PM
He's fine. This rumour's been doing the rounds since Genius posted that but a bunch of people have come out and said it's wrong and that he's fine. I'll find the quotes.

CSL
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
A buddy from the Tampa area told me Bobby Heenan was in the hospital. I tweeted best wishes, but was wrong about his health. My apologies.

Just spoke with Cindy Heenan the lovely wife of "The Brain", Bobby is NOT in a coma &is not in the hospital.He's home resting his hip

CSL
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Okay, here's the story. He broke his hip again a few weeks ago and was hospitalized. Never a coma. Never life threatening. Just got out of the hospital. Still telling jokes yesterday.

Phenomenal 1
11-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Glad to hear this was just pure BS...Heenan's been through enough between reconstructive jaw surgery and two bouts with throat cancer.....guess though thats a prime example of what 2 pack a day smoking for over 20 years does to you.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Glad to hear this was just pure BS...Heenan's been through enough between reconstructive jaw surgery and two bouts with throat cancer.....guess though thats a prime example of what 2 pack a day smoking for over 20 years does to you.

I think it was more to do with the fact that he was a professional wrestling announcer for so many years. He really had the gift of gab and talked and talked and talked. He also was well known for screaming at the top of his lungs when he was managing. He must have lost his voice a few times in his career and had alot of sore throats.

I remember doing a voice over for a wrestling event that my friends and I put on in high school. It took half a night to get it just right and I was trying to do a Paul Heyman style promo. At the end of the night my throat was pretty damn sore. That was just one night and Bobby Heenan did it every damn time he went into the ring and went into the studio to film All American Wrestling.

It's pretty sad the true voice of the WWF first lost his voice a few times over and now seemed to get a very small part of it back. I might be wrong but I don't think it was cigarette use as so much as a lifetime of being a broadcast journalist.

Droford
11-27-2010, 01:45 AM
this is the new Annual "Bobby Heenan is on death's doorsteps" news flash.

He'll probably outlive 1/2 the current roster

Seth82
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm glad to hear Bobby is ok

captaincharismark
11-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Leave it to the internet to post factual stories, especially wrestling related.

Although this time I'm glad the intel was incorrect...

Sixx
11-27-2010, 10:58 AM
He's fine. This rumour's been doing the rounds since Genius posted that but a bunch of people have come out and said it's wrong and that he's fine. I'll find the quotes.

Err, this are the exact same tweets that were posted a few months back, when it was reported he was in the hospital back then.

itsmeJD
11-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Fuck Poffo, douchebag. Thank God Heenan is not "on his last legs" Genius my fucking ass.

Tom Guycott
11-28-2010, 01:55 AM
this is the new Annual "Bobby Heenan is on death's doorsteps" news flash.

He'll probably outlive 1/2 the current roster

... essentially becoming the male counterpart of Mae Young. I wasn't even being smartastic. Mae Young has outlived the likes of Luna, Miss 'Liz, Scary Sherri, Woman, and Moolah.

Hell, in a turn of poetic justice, he'll likely outlive the Genius!