PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Moves. Ever.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 01:17 AM
I was watching the most recent version of 'Taker vs. Hogan, and ROFLMAO. Undertaker went to chokeslam Hogan, and Hogan first messed up by not even leaving the ground. Then, Undertaker had to verbally tell Hogan that he was chokeslamming him, and after that, he only got him about two feet off the ground. JR trying to over for it was hilarious, god you suck ass Hogan. Post terrible executions of moves here... And I don't mean some guy breaking his neck or anything, I just mean something that looks retarded/stupid as a result of a botch.

ericbisch
04-24-2004, 01:28 AM
the people's elbow im sorry but it is not a good finisher, that and hogans legdrop the legdrop the undertaker does is about 10 times better with more force and it only gets 2 counts

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah that's neat and all, but The Rock doesn't botch it. Dork.

Imagi-Nation
04-24-2004, 01:41 AM
That pedigree from ages ago, when HHH was in his first arrogant heel gimmick, where the guy (cant remember who he was) lands like vertically on his head.
It looked mad though :D

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 01:48 AM
I can't remember if it was in a tag match, but the first time Jackie was on Raw she botched ...um...everything. She no sold a kick in the corner and had to crotch herself and forgot to sell a "Stratusfaction" so she threw herself on the ground.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 01:56 AM
I'd like to congratulate PureHatred on being the only one so far to post in this thread, and hit the subject successfully.

Shaggy
04-24-2004, 01:59 AM
The old days when Test was a rookie and he would do his big boot move. He would like miss the head of the person completly by then he would get the pinfall and JR would say something like even though it looked like he missed his foot hit him with enough force for the win. What kind of crap is that.

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Oooh..wait. One of Randy Orton's first matches, when he was a blue-chipper before his heel turn: he screwe up the crazy wheelbarrow neckbreaker he used to do and the guy just stood there doubled over. So Randy hustles to his feet and delivers the exact same move....way to stick to the script, Randy.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 02:01 AM
LOL, Randy Orton's botched RKO on Rob Van Dam, and then immediately getting up and doing it right, even running all the way across the ring to bounce off the ropes.

Shaggy
04-24-2004, 02:03 AM
Here in Houston they have a show on the weekends late at night that shows some independent wrestling stuff so of course since it was wrestling I watched it. Well the guy was on the top rope and when they second guy turned around he went for a tornado ddt. Well he grabbed the head and spun around and went down to the mat. The only problem was that the guys head came out during the middle of the move. So of course in any other place they guy would just act like he through him down or something and proceed to beat him up but what does this guy do. He acts like the move actually hit him and falls down. He proceeds to do the move like an invisible person is doing it him. It was probably one of the funniest moments I have ever seen.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 02:06 AM
He proceeds to do the move like an invisible person is doing it him. It was probably one of the funniest moments I have ever seen.
ROFL. I wish there was a clip of that to download.

Funky Fly
04-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Rock's Sharpshooter
Brock's SSP
Owendriver '97

Kidman botched the SSP BIG TIME in WCW once. It lead to him not using it for like a year. But then the way he does it he barely gets away from the ropes.

At a house show, the DOA were taking on the Acolytes, and they start throwing punches, kicks and headbuts FROM THEE FU</>CKING FEET AWAY! :mad: The Acolytes had no choice but to sell their bullshit even though they weren't even touching. That was the worst match I have ever seen to this day. Ron and Don Harris, I would just like to say **** YOU! :foc:

Vega
04-24-2004, 02:44 AM
When Nathan Jones fell down doing a kick :lol:

mitch_h
04-24-2004, 03:04 AM
The only WWE botches I can think of involve Steiner or Billy Gunn :mad:

John Hope vs Paul London

I swear, John Hope is the worst wrestler to ever step into the ROH ring. But Paul London went to do his rana gets caught and powerbombed spot to the outside. But John Hope didn't catch him and sat down and it looked so terrible. Then Hope went on to **** up three more spots.

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Not sure if it's counts, but Sid coming off the top rope with that boot to Steiner where his leg buckled and broke...nasty.

Watson
04-24-2004, 03:27 AM
2 Words: The Worm

Nowhere Man
04-24-2004, 04:17 AM
During the Street Fight between HBK and HHH, (which was a fantastic match all things considered), Michaels was making one of his big dramatic comebacks, beating up on Hunter with a chair. When the time came for him to deliver the big killer blow, you can clearly see the chair hitting Trips' hand, like, 2 feet in front of him, but he still sold it like death. Hell, they even replayed it.

Which reminds me of the Stairway to Hell between Sabu and Sandman. Sandman was just about to KO Sabu with the Singapore Cane when you can very clearly hear him saying "put your hands up! Ready?" just before he swings.

Nark Order
04-24-2004, 05:14 AM
When it was revealed that HHH was the one that beat down Shawn in the parking lot. On one of the interviews in the ring HHH put the pedigree on HBK; it sucked so much ass that it should've won the prestigious ass sucking trophy. I can't even explain it, HBK never even left thwe ground. He was just like standing there the whole time while Hunter jumped and then pushed his ass down on his way down. It was horrible...

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
04-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Oooh..wait. One of Randy Orton's first matches, when he was a blue-chipper before his heel turn: he screwe up the crazy wheelbarrow neckbreaker he used to do and the guy just stood there doubled over. So Randy hustles to his feet and delivers the exact same move....way to stick to the script, Randy.

Was that the time when he did it and landed flat on his face?

Aussie Skier
04-24-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm not sure about botched up moves, but I love when you hear the wrestlers talk to each other:

Ken Shamrock when it was Shamrock vs BVal Venis at 1999 St.Valentines day massacre

Shamrock gets out of the ring to talk to his sister:
Shamrock: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........slap me"

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I remember a match in a 2001 PPV i tjhink, (possibly with benoit and Jericho (but i'm not sure it was Jericho, pretty sure it was benoit who ****ed up tho. The camera got a really close angle (too close) and benoit stamps on Jericho, and misses by at least a foot, yet you see jericho flinch...hehehehe

Aussie Skier
04-24-2004, 06:19 AM
When it was revealed that HHH was the one that beat down Shawn in the parking lot. On one of the interviews in the ring HHH put the pedigree on HBK; it sucked so much ass that it should've won the prestigious ass sucking trophy. I can't even explain it, HBK never even left thwe ground. He was just like standing there the whole time while Hunter jumped and then pushed his ass down on his way down. It was horrible...

A botched Pedigree looks so shithouse!
Angle takes the Pedigree so well!, but i can remember Flair absolutly screwing it up majorly!

Goldbird
04-24-2004, 06:57 AM
Let's just face it. THE WORM!

PorkSoda
04-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Wrestlemania 18 I believe, with Maven as the hardcore champion against Goldust. Goldust lifted up a trashcan and Maven went to dropkick it...but he missed, and Goldust just kind of brought the can to his chest or face and just fell.

Trish messes up the Chick Kick at times, she will kick the opponent in the head, and she (or he) will fall before the kick hits her in the face.

Oxstar
04-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Chyna doin a pedigree on jericho off the top turnbuckle! they messed that up!

blake639raw
04-24-2004, 10:59 AM
LOL, Randy Orton's botched RKO on Rob Van Dam, and then immediately getting up and doing it right, even running all the way across the ring to bounce off the ropes. I remember that, but I believe it was on Jericho though.

blake639raw
04-24-2004, 11:00 AM
If you wanna see some horrible botched spots, then watch alot of the X Division guys in TNA, like Frankie Kazarian, or Chris Sabin.

Stickman
04-24-2004, 12:06 PM
The catapult just looks retarded in itself.

Same with the Abdominal stretch.

FFD
04-24-2004, 01:01 PM
LOL, Randy Orton's botched RKO on Rob Van Dam, and then immediately getting up and doing it right, even running all the way across the ring to bounce off the ropes.

I'm pretty sure that happened when he went to do it to Foley. He missed the first one completely, then he ran across the ring and bounced off the ropes and did it again and got the win. I'm pretty sure and was a tag team match. I forgot who the other contestants were though.

Dazz
04-24-2004, 01:03 PM
I think that it was the Rock's debut, as Rocky Mavia, at the Survivor Series in '97 or something, when he came in the ring he did about 3 drop kicks in a row, and the camera angle they used, showed that he didn't connect with any of the drop kicks, I realise there is meant to minimal contact, but it looked shit.

And Ryan Shamrock years ago, in her brief stint in the WWF, when she had an arguement with Ken Shamrock, and then there was a pause whilst Shamrock was waiting to be slapped, and then you could clearly here him say 'SLAP ME' to her, then she did, it was funny stuff.

Ferocious
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Best botched move I've seen came surprisingly from Jericho (Yeah OK Botching isnt the thread title). In a match against Kane, I think during the feud that ended with a last man standing match. Jericho went for the Lionsault but was going to fall bout a yard short, So Kane shuffled across the ring to get within Jericho's range

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Some recent ones,
This past summer at Badd Blood, Scott Steiner completely missed Test off a jump from the ring apron to the outside, I was LMAO.
Then I remember when Kane slipped on the top rope at summerslam and hit his face on the ropes and got back up to do it again.
In October, at a raw i was at, RVD was fighting Christian I think, (it was the raw before SS with Team Austin/Bischoff) and RVD was out of place and standing up doing nothing and quickly just dropped down to the mat with no explanation for christian to hit a move off the ropes. But RVD and Christian are awsome so its ok.

And although not a botched move, it was hillarious when Kane tried to light a book of matches while cutting a promo on RVD and couldn't do it and kept losing focus, it was so botched. LOL.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 03:13 PM
I remember that, but I believe it was on Jericho though.
You're insane :p, that one was on Rob Van Dam. I dunno if he did one on Foley or not though.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that happened when he went to do it to Foley. He missed the first one completely, then he ran across the ring and bounced off the ropes and did it again and got the win. I'm pretty sure and was a tag team match. I forgot who the other contestants were though.

Wow, what are the chances of two people randomly getting their Orton matches mixed up back to back... :wtf:

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 03:15 PM
That's some weird stuff. Anyway, it was on Rob Van Dam, and it was in a tag team match. I went and looked it up. It was Goldberg, Shawn Michaels and RVD vs. Randy Orton, Kane and Batista.

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I think that it was the Rock's debut, as Rocky Mavia, at the Survivor Series in '97 or something, when he came in the ring he did about 3 drop kicks in a row, and the camera angle they used, showed that he didn't connect with any of the drop kicks, I realise there is meant to minimal contact, but it looked shit.

LOL dude, people say The Rock's moveset is bad today... I know what you're talking about, he was like... Crazy crappy looking back then. And his punching was absolutely terrible... I still liked him though. :o

KaliKot
04-24-2004, 03:27 PM
randy slipping on the rko also happened with jericho

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-24-2004, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Dazz]I think that it was the Rock's debut, as Rocky Mavia, at the Survivor Series in '97 or something, when he came in the ring he did about 3 drop kicks in a row, and the camera angle they used, showed that he didn't connect with any of the drop kicks, I realise there is meant to minimal contact, but it looked shit.QUOTE]

Haha, I remember it all. But looking back at it we should be happy that then he was so crappy and happy go lucky, cuz we wouldn't have gotten DIE ROCKY DIE, and without DIE ROCKY DIE, there would be no The Rock, and hes the man and the ultimate entertainer in wrestling.

Ferocious
04-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Stop Randy bashing dammit :rant:

Rock Bottom
04-24-2004, 03:32 PM

I guess that's why people get mixed up, he was a major botchfest. Loose Cannon would agree. He hates Orton.

Ferocious
04-24-2004, 03:34 PM
I guess that's why people get mixed up, he was a major botchfest. Loose Cannon would agree. He hates Orton.
LMAO :lol:

Evil Vito
04-24-2004, 06:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>WrestleMania X-7: Eddie Guerrero vs. Test - I think Eddie ducked the big boot, but Test didn't put his foot down on time and he got his leg tangled in the rope to the point where the ref had to tell Eddie to help him out</font>

loopydate
04-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Shamrock: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........slap me"
Classic.

Nowhere Man
04-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Golust vs Maven in a Hardcore Match, (I think) at Wrestlemania X-8. Maven goes for a Van-Daminator-style dropkick to the trash can Goldust was holding, but missed by a good two feet. Goldust still went down.

And as much as I love Rey Mysterio Jr., in a lot of his more high-profile matches, he'd try some really insane move (which would nearly always end in some kind of rana), and half of the time, he'd land smack on his head, and then roll through.

Batsu
04-27-2004, 12:29 AM
When Kane and Undertaker did a double Last Ride (one bomb for each opponent)...to Kaientai. It was for a match on Heat back in '01. Funny thing is that they knew it was crap, so they did the spot over on the spot.

When it aired, WWE omitted the rather crappy powerbomb Kane did the first time around. Gotta love post-editing.

Though, that sort of led to the days of Kane using that powerbomb finisher (in the same manner as that botched spot).

ItsTimeForAChange
04-27-2004, 02:02 AM
I remember one night on RAW, I got home just in time to catch the tail-end of the main event, it was HHH vs Big Show, and HHH had just been whipped into the corner smashing the ref in the process, HHH turned around and just before running at the Big Show you could clearly hear him yell "SIDESLAM!" and hence, he was sideslammed by the Big Show.

Corkscrewed
04-27-2004, 03:04 AM
There was also the time HHH went to superplex Angle (it might have been in a tag match) three years ago. You clearly heard him go "Stand up Kurt." :lol:

Aussie Skier
04-27-2004, 04:54 AM
And Ryan Shamrock years ago, in her brief stint in the WWF, when she had an arguement with Ken Shamrock, and then there was a pause whilst Shamrock was waiting to be slapped, and then you could clearly here him say 'SLAP ME' to her, then she did, it was funny stuff.

teheheheheheh...i loved that! only watched it the other day

Aussie Skier
04-27-2004, 04:58 AM
there was a botch/screwup last week too (i think)...actually, it may have been in the tag team match, 4 vs 4 on raw the other week.
Flair jsut slapped someone and he was working out from the corner and u could see him say to foley (i think) "hit me"

:)

Hired Hitman
04-27-2004, 05:06 AM
In October, at a raw i was at, RVD was fighting Christian I think, (it was the raw before SS with Team Austin/Bischoff) and RVD was out of place and standing up doing nothing and quickly just dropped down to the mat with no explanation for christian to hit a move off the ropes. But RVD and Christian are awsome so its ok.

I actually thought Christian was ducking cause he thought RVD was going to dive off... well that's what I kept on telling myself :D.

Sin Harvest
04-27-2004, 07:00 AM
And he kinda slipped out of the ring trying to help Test, which the crowd thought was hilairious, well hes WWE Champion now, so whos laughing now eh?

ItsTimeForAChange
04-27-2004, 11:47 AM
there was a botch/screwup last week too (i think)...actually, it may have been in the tag team match, 4 vs 4 on raw the other week.
Flair jsut slapped someone and he was working out from the corner and u could see him say to foley (i think) "hit me"

:)

I've been noticing lately that you can see Flair talking to the other guy alot in his matches. Of course with Flair it can only be a couple of things

"Back body drop me"
"chop me"
"slam me off the turnbuckle"

:lol:

The Ravishing One
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.freehomepages.com/garybatten/nathanjones.gif

:lol:

Evolution
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
http://www.freehomepages.com/garybatten/nathanjones.gif

Good stuff. The talking thing is painfully obvious at times, like Shamrock and Flair.

At D-Generation X In Your House in '97, Kane interfered in Undertaker's match, allowing his opponent, Jeff Jarrett, to win and therefore become number 1 contender for the WWF Title. Well naturally Undertaker was annoyed, so he went for a HUGE Chokeslam on JJ. He got him right up in the air, and took his left hand off JJ's back, ready for a more powerful looking one-armed Chokeslam. Trouble is, Undertaker lost his balance, stepped backwards and in the process, brought JJ down about 2 feet. The end result looked crappy to say the least.

Doink
04-27-2004, 03:50 PM
the worst move ever has to be when big show pulls the strap of his lycra over his sholder to show his hugh fat gut - now that is the worst then he would do that brilliant move of standing on someone's chest while 'walkin' over them!

ok i know it's not botched moves like uve all described but it has to be two of the worst things that happen in the squared circle!

natureboycv
07-04-2004, 05:39 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>LOL I remember that one</font></b>

Outsider
07-04-2004, 05:55 PM
In a Womens match in WCW, the ref counted the fall and rang the bell.....

.....then the match restarted with no explanation and the other girl won.

And lets not forget the table match between Lex Luger and The Wall (I think) when the bell was rung despite the fact the table didn't break!

The Naitch
07-04-2004, 05:57 PM
The most recent one was Matt Hardy going for an attack from the top rope on Tyson Tomko. Tomko was supposed to catch him but the force just takes him down. He stumbled over.

natureboycv
07-04-2004, 05:58 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>I remember on SmackDown pretty recently, Undertaker was fighting Booker T, I think, or it could've been John Cena, but anyway, he got thrown onto the ropes or something, and he fell backwards outside of the ring and landed on the ground, it just looked like it got messed up.

Anybody remember this one and can help me out a bit here?</font></b>

Gerard
07-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Litas acting..thats just a botch from start to finish...she really needs to stfu permanently.

:shifty:

Favre4Ever
07-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Probably the in-famous Benoit vs. Gunn at Armageddon 2000, gunn went for a tilt a whirl to Benoit and slipped and dropped him midway through, you could actually hear 18,000 people gasp at the same exact time.

My Final Heaven
07-04-2004, 07:45 PM
My fav is from an old Attitude-era tape, Ken Shamrock is wrestling Val Venis I think. Ryan Shamrock gets caught in the ring & Ken say "What do you think you're doing?" That was Ryan's cue to slap him, but she's not doing it. So Ken says it a couple more times, then he looks at her & drops his arms and says "SLAP ME!" lol. That's my favorite Attitude memory :rofl:

My Final Heaven
07-04-2004, 07:47 PM
oops, sorry somebody already posted that up there ^ in the time that it took me to type that :shifty:

Xero
07-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I remember one night on RAW, I got home just in time to catch the tail-end of the main event, it was HHH vs Big Show, and HHH had just been whipped into the corner smashing the ref in the process, HHH turned around and just before running at the Big Show you could clearly hear him yell "SIDESLAM!" and hence, he was sideslammed by the Big Show.
I think it was in the same match where you could hear Trips yell "Get up Paul!", and Show got up...

It wasnt really botched, but when Kane Tombstoned Linda, you could see her head was like a half a foot off the ground :lol:

Alot of the time with big boots, I notice that they start to lean back like half way from the ropes back to whoever is executing it...

I remember when Big Vis did a big splash once (May have been more than once), you could tell he was hunching so he didnt land on them...

Thats all I can think of right now...

Joe Kerr
07-04-2004, 09:07 PM
That pedigree from ages ago, when HHH was in his first arrogant heel gimmick, where the guy (cant remember who he was) lands like vertically on his head.
It looked mad though :D

HBK I beleive...Your talking back when he was Hunter Hearst Helmsly, with i beleive a english accent and everything. I have that video it was more of a Pile driver then a pedigree.

Xero
07-04-2004, 09:23 PM
HBK I beleive...Your talking back when he was Hunter Hearst Helmsly, with i beleive a english accent and everything. I have that video it was more of a Pile driver then a pedigree.
Ive heard people say it WAS HBK, but Im pretty sure it wasnt... Apparently, the guy thought it was going to be a tiger driver, so like a complete dumbshit, jumped into the piledriver position...

Edit: Here's a GIF of it:

http://www.spinnersweb.freeserve.co.uk/qwert/images/PED.GIF

According to the site I got it from, Marty Garner was the one who took it...

http://www.spinnersweb.freeserve.co.uk/qwert/ <~~ Thats a great site for botched/hardcore moves...

ericbisch
07-04-2004, 09:34 PM
it was vengeance 2002, jericho and christian vs booker and goldust. jericho went for the lionsault and the enitre second rope collapsed so he had to go for a moonsault

c4g2
07-05-2004, 12:42 AM
The infamous glass sheet that did not break when Angle suplexed Shane into it.

LK
07-05-2004, 07:07 AM
At the Royal Rumble 2002 during one of the most god awful matches ever. Steiner vs HHH and Steiner goes for a tiger bomb. But Steiner couldn't do it and instead fell over and the crowd boo. Recently at GAB Kenzo botched a shining wizard.

My Final Heaven
07-05-2004, 12:23 PM
The most gruesome move I've ever seen: Sid vs Stiener at WCW Sin. 1 word: Ouch. Sid might suck, but nobody deserved that.

CosaNostra
07-05-2004, 12:51 PM
I was watching an old school match on Saturday Night Main Event between King Kong Bundy and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Jake went fo rthe DDT, but Bundy's head slipped out and Jake fell to the floor on his back. Then about a second later Bundy fell down and smashed his head on the ring mat beside Jake and landed on top of Jake too.

I guess it would have looked dumb Jake going for a second DDT so instead of finishing the match with a pin, Jake went and got Damien and put him on Bundy. Then Bundy ran out of the ring and got counted out.

That was the saddest finish I ever saw.

Hired Hitman
07-05-2004, 12:52 PM
it was vengeance 2002, jericho and christian vs booker and goldust. jericho went for the lionsault and the enitre second rope collapsed so he had to go for a moonsault
didn't he use the top rope for the lionsault?

Hired Hitman
07-05-2004, 01:00 PM

I think Christian was ducking out of the way, he might have been expecting RVD to jump backwards, but RVD dives onto his back.

it looked planned to me.

Chuck Jones
07-05-2004, 01:27 PM
RVD vs. Jeff Hardy (I think it was at Invasion)

In their Hardcore title ladder match, Jeff was hanging onto the belt. RVD went for his flying side kick off the top rope and missed. Jeff then sort of...let go and fell to the mat.

Another one also involving Hardy was in the Table match at Survivor Series a couple of years back. Rico was standing on the top rope, waiting for Jeff to push him off. The Thing was, Jeff just did a plancha to the floor. Rico then wobbles on the ropes, and you can clearly hear him say "Goddammit Jeff, Hurry up!" or something to that effect.

HHH vs. Jeff Hardy in October of 2002 on RAW. Jeff blew 3 major spots.

1.His walk across the rails.
2.Whisper in the Wind
3. Swanton.

CosaNostra
07-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Is it just me or does Jeff Hardy blow his spots a lot?

Other than just blowing in general of course.