PDA

View Full Version : Pipe dream for WrestleMania

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2010, 11:26 AM
This will not happen. I know. Get over it. But while Randy Orton or John Cena seems a lock for the 2011 Royal Rumble, the WWE seems to be in a phase where they are willing to create new stars. While thinking of which first-time Royal Rumble Winner I would like to see eventuate, of course the IWC geek in me dreamt of this man taking it:

http://xfighterhayabusa.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/daniel-bryan-wwe-nxt.jpg

This will not happen. I know. Get over it. But in Daniel Bryan's defense, he is better than Drew McIntyre. This year, he has proved a lot of nay-sayers wrong. He showed up, and gosh, he has been entertaining! He has proven he can cut a promo, even if he is not too flashy on the mic. He has proven that he can have the presence suited to the WWE. He's won over fans, and he headlined SummerSlam! That's the second biggest PPV of the year, so what's so out of reach about WrestleMania? Okay, I guess Darren Young was in the SummerSlam main event, too -- but some people thought it might have been two John Cenas.

Hey, the WWE were at least so keen to re-hire him that I don't even think his no-compete clause expired.

Imagine if Daniel Bryan enters the Royal Rumble somewhere before #15. During the match, he eliminates a few guys, locks a few people in submissions, and basically hangs on time after time, having taken a beating. No one thinks he can do it. Not even we IWC smarks who think he holds the sun. It comes down to the Final Four, and everyone is so sure Randy Orton or Triple H is taking it -- whatever. Bryan shocks us all, though, managing to toss the last guy out, and he's done it! Daniel Bryan has somehow won the 2011 Royal Rumble. Cue Michael Cole walking off in disgust.

This will not happen. I know. Get over it.

Let's say The Miz is still the WWE Champion. There is a built-in story right there. Hell, Bryan made The Miz tap-out at Night of Champions! He can do it at WrestleMania, right? The Miz can fire off quips about how Bryan doesn't belong on a super-card like WrestleMania, etc. Bryan just laughs him off and reminds him that he did make The Miz tap. But what if The Miz loses the WWE Title before WrestleMania. Let's say The Miz drops the WWE Title off to...

http://www.famouswhy.com/pictures/people/john_cena.jpg

The Miz has a good reign up until that point, keep in mind. Suddenly we have John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan locked for WrestleMania. Just think about the potential build to that match. John Cena and Daniel Bryan, both faces, one beloved by women and children, the other beginning to become embraced by women and children, but a champion of the internet who hates John Cena oh so much. Cena can respectfully remind Bryan of this moment:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/511/395/DanielBryanAttacksJohncena_display_image.jpg?1290045576

"You are NOT better than me!"

This will not happen. I know. Get over it. Daniel Bryan can honestly tell Cena, "The thing is, John -- you are not better than me." Instant tension. Cena can remind Daniel Bryan that it was Cena himself (in storylines) who was responsible for Daniel Bryan getting his job back. In a weird sort of way, Cena would be positioning the crowd against Bryan, without being a complete ass about it, and still showing Bryan face vs. face respect.

There's also the symmetry of Bryan possibly heading into the match as the WWE United States Champion. Remember back to 2005, and John Cena earned his confirmed WWE Title match at WrestleMania as US Champion (although John "Bradshaw" Layfield would cost him the US Title to Orlando Jordan prior to their encounter in Los Angeles). There would be a throwback to Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania VI, too. Bryan going into the match as United States Champion shows everyone that he is that guy climbing the ranks, and he has worked so hard to get to where he is. It's no fluke. Title vs. title on the grandest stage of them all, with Cena nostalgic about his first WrestleMania, where he won that very same belt Daniel Bryan is carrying.

WrestleMania ticks around, and it is The Franchise of the WWE vs. The Symbol of the Internet Wrestling Community. Sports entertaining vs. professional wrestling. WWE Champion vs. United States Champion. Jean shorts vs. wrestling trunks. Rap music vs. classical music. The fans would be divided so viciously. Is there another match the WWE could do that could get fans so riled up? Besides putting Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Stone Cold Steve Austin together again...

I'm imagining spots like Bryan getting Cena to his knees in the middle of the ring, pointing at him and screaming "You are NOT better than me!" and going for the roundhouse, only for Cena to catch the leg, trip up Bryan and lock him in the STF in the middle of the ring. People would go NUTS! Or Cena gets Bryan up for the Attitude Adjustment, but Bryan wraps his legs around Cena's right arm, and then clasps his arms around the neck of Cena, applying a modified version of his LeBell Lock to counter Cena's finishing move.

And imagine this: Daniel Bryan has John Cena in the middle of the ring, with his signature LeBell Lock applied. The fans are going rabid. The males in attendance are screaming for Cena to tap, but are expecting Cena to make it to the ropes. The women and children are begging their hero to do so. Then it happens. Cena taps. Daniel Bryan has become the new WWE Champion.

This will not happen. I know. Get over it.

OPTIONAL: Earlier in the night, The Miz could potentially win the annual WrestleMania Money in the Bank Ladder Match. As confetti falls from the rafters..."AWESOME!" The Miz marches to the ring, looking pissed off at his disowned NXT protoge cradles the WWE Championship in the ring. Howard Finkel announces that the following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WWE Championship. The Miz could win back "his" WWE Title, and complete the circle, and we end up with that originally teased WrestleMania main event of Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz. It also sets up a pretty intense Triple Threat between The Miz, Daniel Bryan and John Cena for Extreme Rules.

This will not happen. I know. Get over it. Just sharing.

The Pope
12-05-2010, 11:28 AM
It's not a pipe dream, I can see it happening if they just build it up correctly.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2010, 11:35 AM
If they went with The Miz idea at the end (which may seem like it is screwing Bryan, but could be a Triple H/Rock circa 2000 success if done right), they could have him come out, stand opposite Bryan in the ring with his briefcase, and drop it on the ground, and then offer Bryan his hand after the amazing match he just saw. Michael Cole could even eat his words "Daniel Bryan does belong! And he's even earned The Miz's respect!" Matt Striker could add that The Miz is obviously too banged up to cash in. The Miz then raises Bryan's arm as he basks in the applause of the fans. Then Miz suddenly picks up his briefcase and clubs Bryan from behind with it. The Miz beats down Bryan then cashes in his title shot.

The heat for that would be tremendous, make The Miz look like a proper rat bastard, and get people wanting Bryan to rip Miz's head off.

Droford
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I doubt there will be a MITB match at WM, but if there is, he (DB) should win it.

HBPunk
12-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Good stuff noid, your virginity will last forever after this. so are you an old out of luck writer that cant catch a break or well, just sad?

St. Jimmy
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
It's too soon to push Bryan to the moon. Wait another year.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
The one thing I find interesting about Danielson in WWE right now, is that besides the fact that he obviously has submission victories over the current champ, either the week before, or the week that Miz cashed in his MitB, he laid out Danielson with his briefcase after Danielson won his match.

It's odd for WWE to have the Miz attack him from behind, and do nothing with it.

I'm not saying I expect Danielson to be champ, but I wouldn't be horribly surprised if they did have a world title match with him vs the Miz. Probably at a ppv that has enough big name matches where it wouldn't be an issue. (Like a ppv that has something like Edge vs. Kane, Cena or Orton vs Barret, etc.)

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah, don't push him to the moon by any means. Just give him a match with the Miz, where he has a good showing, and ultimately loses. That'll be enough.

I don't see DB breaking out until he "snaps."

Volare
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
As in Snap like a wolverine?

BizarroKing
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I want it to happen...but I don't see it happen.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM
As in Snap like a wolverine?

Well, not that extreme. :lol:

I just want him to beat the hell out of someone. Like Alex Riley. Have Alex go on and on about how he's a nerd, etc, etc, until one day DB just destroys him. To the point of writing him off TV for a bit, because of a severe concussion, or ripped tendons or something.

Then just have DB walk away smiling, maybe saying something like "Yep, I'm a nerd..."

He just needs a bit of an edge. Nothing even that major, but think about when he was feuding with the Miz, how he had Riley in the LaBell lock and was just laughing/smiling at the Miz. Something like that.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Good stuff noid, your virginity will last forever after this. so are you an old out of luck writer that cant catch a break or well, just sad?

My virginity is gone, but I am just sad.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
It's too soon to push Bryan to the moon. Wait another year.

I can see where you are coming from with this. The only reason I am rushing this, is because the Nexus debut, Bryan's return, etc. would still be in people's minds to the point where they could be brought up. Also, I'm fairly certain next year we will get The Undertaker vs. John Cena in the money match, with Taker either going 20-0, or the streak being broken.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Leaving WrestleMania, let's say you have The Miz steal the WWE Title from Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. Now, this might be going a bit too extreme. On RAW, The Miz comes out, completely decked out in an awesome suit, with a hat -- looking like a two-time WWE Champion should. He gets a special ring introduction, putting him all his past accomplishments. He gets in the ring to massive heat and cuts a promo about how what he did to Daniel Bryan was entirely within the written rules of using Money in the Bank, and they should be cheering because they finally have a guy who looks like a Superstar holding the WWE Title, etc. The Miz's usual awesome heel promo work.

The Miz's theme music hits again (more on this later), and Daniel Bryan walks down to the ring -- also in a suit. Without saying anything, Daniel Bryan attacks The Miz, and it's on! The two trade shoot-style blows until referees and security rush in to separate them. Bryan is all but foaming at the mouth and The Miz is yelling "I'm still the champ!" The camera gets closer to Bryan and he audibly yells "Rematch, motherfucker!" You can perhaps have Daniel Bryan decimate some heel in the show in essentially a squash match.

The WWE.com headlines show Bryan's face, with the caption "Rematch, motherf*#$er!" with an article saying that Daniel Bryan was obviously enraged by his WWE Title loss, but the WWE does not stand-by nor support Bryan's conduct as a professional.

The next week, Vince McMahon makes a public announcement, and has ordered Daniel Bryan to be out here for it. He says that due to Daniel Bryan's inappropriate conduct last week, and the WWE now being a PG product for people to bring their families to; Daniel Bryan will be STRIPPED of his WWE Title rematch. The crowd of course boos. Daniel Bryan just darkly laughs to himself, not believing what is happening -- and then snaps, attacking the Chairman of the WWE! McMahon is a tough guy, and can take some pretty vicious punishment from Danielson for the sake of the angle. Bryan puts McMahon in the LeBell Lock and has a sadistic laugh going on (much like he did when he put Alex Riley in the LeBell Lock in that awesome promo segment with The Miz, setting up their original US Title match). Referees and trainers are out to pull Bryan off McMahon, and he gets off but then gets on the mic. He demands of McMahon "Give me my rematch..." McMahon is begging off, and eventually says "Fine. You get your rematch." Bryan then roundhouse kicks McMahon's head off while the Chairman is on his knees. Daniel Bryan then walks confidently to the back.

In the coming weeks, Bryan uses The Miz's theme music, and when asked why, Bryan said it is the first theme he came out to in the WWE -- and his hatred for The Miz goes back to that very night, and he is going to channel it. The Miz took the WWE Title from him, and whether it was right or wrong, he has pissed off "The American Dragon," and he's going to not only beat The Miz for his title; but he is going to destroy The Miz. He is not only going to take the WWE Title from him, but he is going to take his theme music, he is going to take his suits, he is going to take his car, he is going to take his woman and he is going to take his dog.

Basically, Daniel Bryan is FUCKING PISSED to the point of obsession. You can even work an angle where the General Manager puts up some kind of order against Bryan to protect The Miz, and they have to wait until Extreme Rules -- or else Bryan will be fired and persecuted to the extent of the law to protect the main event. The Miz can meanwhile cut promos about how hard he has worked to get to the top, but for some reason this is all about Daniel Bryan. At Extreme Rules, he'll beat Bryan and then what will Bryan have? Independent bookings, that's what.

You can add John Cena in there, as an established star, just cashing in his rematch, not getting in Bryan's way, but telling him that the champ will be here again after Extreme Rules.

I don't know -- I'd buy it.

BizarroKing
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Leaving WrestleMania, let's say you have The Miz steal the WWE Title from Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. Now, this might be going a bit too extreme. On RAW, The Miz comes out, completely decked out in an awesome suit, with a hat -- looking like a two-time WWE Champion should. He gets a special ring introduction, putting him all his past accomplishments. He gets in the ring to massive heat and cuts a promo about how what he did to Daniel Bryan was entirely within the written rules of using Money in the Bank, and they should be cheering because they finally have a guy who looks like a Superstar holding the WWE Title, etc. The Miz's usual awesome heel promo work.

The Miz's theme music hits again (more on this later), and Daniel Bryan walks down to the ring -- also in a suit. Without saying anything, Daniel Bryan attacks The Miz, and it's on! The two trade shoot-style blows until referees and security rush in to separate them. Bryan is all but foaming at the mouth and The Miz is yelling "I'm still the champ!" The camera gets closer to Bryan and he audibly yells "Rematch, motherfucker!" You can perhaps have Daniel Bryan decimate some heel in the show in essentially a squash match.

The WWE.com headlines show Bryan's face, with the caption "Rematch, motherf*#$er!" with an article saying that Daniel Bryan was obviously enraged by his WWE Title loss, but the WWE does not stand-by nor support Bryan's conduct as a professional.

The next week, Vince McMahon makes a public announcement, and has ordered Daniel Bryan to be out here for it. He says that due to Daniel Bryan's inappropriate conduct last week, and the WWE now being a PG product for people to bring their families to; Daniel Bryan will be STRIPPED of his WWE Title rematch. The crowd of course boos. Daniel Bryan just darkly laughs to himself, not believing what is happening -- and then snaps, attacking the Chairman of the WWE! McMahon is a tough guy, and can take some pretty vicious punishment from Danielson for the sake of the angle. Bryan puts McMahon in the LeBell Lock and has a sadistic laugh going on (much like he did when he put Alex Riley in the LeBell Lock in that awesome promo segment with The Miz, setting up their original US Title match). Referees and trainers are out to pull Bryan off McMahon, and he gets off but then gets on the mic. He demands of McMahon "Give me my rematch..." McMahon is begging off, and eventually says "Fine. You get your rematch." Bryan then roundhouse kicks McMahon's head off while the Chairman is on his knees. Daniel Bryan then walks confidently to the back.

In the coming weeks, Bryan uses The Miz's theme music, and when asked why, Bryan said it is the first theme he came out to in the WWE -- and his hatred for The Miz goes back to that very night, and he is going to channel it. The Miz took the WWE Title from him, and whether it was right or wrong, he has pissed off "The American Dragon," and he's going to not only beat The Miz for his title; but he is going to destroy The Miz. He is not only going to take the WWE Title from him, but he is going to take his theme music, he is going to take his suits, he is going to take his car, he is going to take his woman and he is going to take his dog.

Basically, Daniel Bryan is FUCKING PISSED to the point of obsession. You can even work an angle where the General Manager puts up some kind of order against Bryan to protect The Miz, and they have to wait until Extreme Rules -- or else Bryan will be fired and persecuted to the extent of the law to protect the main event. The Miz can meanwhile cut promos about how hard he has worked to get to the top, but for some reason this is all about Daniel Bryan. At Extreme Rules, he'll beat Bryan and then what will Bryan have? Independent bookings, that's what.

You can add John Cena in there, as an established star, just cashing in his rematch, not getting in Bryan's way, but telling him that the champ will be here again after Extreme Rules.

I don't know -- I'd buy it.

Yes.

The Naitch
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd rather see Noid win the rumble

Jeritron
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
This won't happen. I don't know. I'm not over it