PDA

View Full Version : Does Miz main-event Wrestlemania?

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Or will he lose the title to Cena before then?

http://images.progressiveboink.com/hanstock/Smackdudes/The%20Miz.jpg

St. Jimmy
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Title: No
Thread Question: Yes

SOCCER LEGS
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
i don't think either miz or cena will be holding the title at wrestlemania

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
http://www.bella-twins.net/cutenews/data/upimages/WMREAD_1019_267.jpg

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
i don't think either miz or cena will be holding the title at wrestlemania

Any guess?

If not them, I imagine either Orton, Wade or Sheamus would be holding the belt.

XCaliber
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm confident time and time again up until WM he will find a way to win even if it were by fluke and I have a feeling it will be him vs both Orton and Cena and plus perhaps the winner of the Rumble if it's not one of those three I could see someone else winning it this year.

glanville6
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I think he will

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I bet the Rumble winner will be Undertaker.

Tazz Dan
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
The Miz will hold onto the belt until WM, Destor, um I mean Daniel Bryan will win the Royal Rumble, the two will put on a 5 star match to close the show (Which Danielson wins) and the whole internet will implode because of it.

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I really hope that doesn't happen. I want to see Bryan VS. CM Punk for the US Title.

I think Undertaker is going to win the rumble, beat Kane for the title while The Miz, Cena and Orton have a Triple-Threat where the Miz will win via underhanded methods.

Mr. C
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Rumors indicate that Sheamus vs. The Undertaker is on tap to main event WrestleMania 27.

Joe Kerr
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Miz loses at rumble....or HHH comes back wins the rumble and miz shits himself

Aguakate
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't know if he'll main event WM in 2011. Last year, Sheamus had one of the quickest (and best) pushes in recent memory, and not even he main evented this year's WM. He had a good match against one of the top guys, but no main event. Seems to me like the WWE is still reluctant to have a new guy main event Wrestlemania...seems like that spot is still somewhat out of reach for a new main eventer.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I see The Miz getting a run similar to Sheamus or Kurt Angle, where he loses the WWE Title at the February PPV.

SOCCER LEGS
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Any guess?

If not them, I imagine either Orton, Wade or Sheamus would be holding the belt.

my best guess at the moment is orton, sheamus and HHH in a triple threat match.

Anybody Thrilla
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
My gut says that The Miz will lose the title before Mania, but if his US title reign was any indication, there's an outside chance he'll still be the champ by then. Regardless, he won't close the show, if that's what you mean.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Elimination Chamber seems like the perfect place to have The Miz lose.

ooTin
12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Elimination Chamber seems like the perfect place to have The Miz lose.
I agree, They can have MIZ loose with out actually being pinned for the title..I could see him working that angle into his mic time. "I was robbed, I didnt even get pinned.... blah blah blah"

Anybody Thrilla
12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
OR The Miz can continue defying the odds (which he did by even capturing the title in the first place) and WIN at Elimination Chamber.

Poit
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree, They can have MIZ loose with out actually being pinned for the title..I could see him working that angle into his mic time. "I was robbed, I didnt even get pinned.... blah blah blah"

But... don't you have to be pinned or submit to be eliminated? If he loses his title in the elimination chamber, he did one of those things.

Theo Dious
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeah, if you lose in the EC you do lose, but you could have him go out third and he'd still be able to rail against being ganged up on and not having lost in a one-on-one fight.

Anybody Thrilla
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Sounds lame. I think it'd be amazing if he won the Elimination Chamber to get some validity. Even if something ridiculous happens like Shawn Michaels popping up through the ground and superkicking someone.

Theo Dious
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Sounds lame. I think it'd be amazing if he won the Elimination Chamber to get some validity. Even if something ridiculous happens like Shawn Michaels popping up through the ground and superkicking someone.

He should just start doing that randomly throughout the year. Just at the end of random main events have him show up out of nowhere, superkick someone, then stare at them while they get pinned. Michael Cole screams "OH MY GOD IT'S SHAWN MICHAELS!" and once the show is over they never mention it.

Or have an entire PPV where that is the finish of every match. :yes:

Anybody Thrilla
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I would love to see him pop Trent Baretta one in the chops and stare while Curt Hawkins pins him on Superstars.

Theo Dious
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
WWE does random nonsensical shit all the time. This would at least be awesomer than awesome and would get people to watch the show.

Theo Dious
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
For some reason I just got this image of Jack Tunney giving a public statement saying "After careful deliberation, I have decided that being superkicked by Shawn Micheals does NOT constitute disqualification, and any match that ends in this way WILL be upheld by this office."

The Naitch
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Look at Angle in late 2000. He held the title for most of the fall, but come Mania 2001, he was back in the midcard and dropped the title just in time. Same thing will happen to the Bob Backlund of today

Joesgonnakillyou
12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
They don't gamble on new champions around mania. The Miz will definately lose it before then

Swiss Ultimate
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM
My gut says that The Miz will lose the title before Mania, but if his US title reign was any indication, there's an outside chance he'll still be the champ by then. Regardless, he won't close the show, if that's what you mean.

If the story was big enough I could see it happening. Miz VS. Cena VS. Orton isn't what I'd want to see personally but, I feel it's a viable main-event.

Damian Rey
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't think Miz is main eventing Mania this year. I think he drops the belt at Elimination Chamber, and moves into a feud with whoever cost him the title, much like Sheamus and Hunter last year.

I think Barret should get the strap at chamber, which should set up a Barrett/Cena Mania title match.

Poit
04-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm guessing that he will indeed be champion going into Wrestlemania. :shifty:

Droford
04-01-2011, 02:25 PM
but he won't technically be "main eventing"

Fox
04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
That remains to be seen.

The Naitch
04-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Nice bump asshole. Come to think of it, I see Miz retaining at WrestleMania. They've built him up so well and for so long, so why fix something that's not broken by having him lose all his momentum and dropping the title to Cena? I can even see Miz having a long reign with the title, because he needs the title more than anything right now. He needs the title more than Cena. Giving the title to Cena does nothing, really. Really?....really...Really?

They need to make Miz a star, and by giving him a long reign is essential. I see this similar to Triple H retaining at WrestleMania 2000.

Plus you can't compare Miz to Sheamus. Sheamus had a shelf life. You really think Sheamus has the looks to represent the company outside of wrestling? He's not the "ambassador" that Miz seems to be right now. Miz has that crossover appeal. You can't see Sheamus guest hosting TMZ like Miz did. People look at Sheamus and chuckle a bit because of how he looks. WWE needs a champ that can seriously represent the company outside of wrestling and help WWE's image, and Miz is that guy right now. It "doesn't hurt your eyes" watching him on TV, so to speak. Vince is obsessed with WWE's image on what the general public thinks.

Aguakate
04-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I didn't think he'd even be WWE Champion by the time WrestleMania 27 rolled around, so...

St. Jimmy
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I was wrong about him losing the belt, I was right about him not main-eventing.

Aguakate
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I think he'll Main Event, but it'll be because the spotlight is on what happens between The Rock and Cena.

Juan
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I was wrong about him losing the belt, I was right about him not main-eventing.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lists the following as the match order for WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday:

* United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

* Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

* Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

* Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

* John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

* WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

MoFo
04-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Yey, can watch the King/Cole match then go to bed.

Fox
04-02-2011, 04:11 AM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lists the following as the match order for WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday:

* United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

* Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

* Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

* Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

* John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

* WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

Hard for me to believe that a match featuring Stone Cold is going to be the second curtain jerker of the night.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-02-2011, 05:54 AM
No way they are going to have the 4 (5 if you included the Snooksters match) main events/premier matches right in a row. They don't do that. Cole and King a the second match? I hope not.

St. Jimmy
04-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Hard for me to believe that H/Taker won't go on last. Not even possible.

Swiss Ultimate
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I feel so relevant.

Xero
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
No way they are going to have the 4 (5 if you included the Snooksters match) main events/premier matches right in a row. They don't do that. Cole and King a the second match? I hope not.

Yeah, there's no way Cole vs. Lawler is going on in the first hour, let alone as the second match. That's a second or third hour match at minimum.

RVDmark
04-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, there's no way Cole vs. Lawler is going on in the first hour, let alone as the second match. That's a second or third hour match at minimum.

Well if JR is supposedly calling 3 matches it makes sense that the previous match will be Cole / Lawler. Cole will get his ass handed to him, King picks up the easy Victory and JR comes down to replace Cole.

XCaliber
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Woulda been nice if they could have booked Nexus to face the Attitude Era at WM all they would need to do is replay the statements made by CM Punk at the 900th edition of RAW shown here:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pWqvQSpenXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>