PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels "has done more steroids than anybody else in wrestling"

Xero
12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
From PWInsider:

On the latest episode of "Highway 2 Helms", former WWE star "Hurricane" Shane Helms' weekly web show, co-host Marty Gardner asked Helms who his least favorite wrestler of all-time is. His answer? Shawn Michaels. Helms stated that Michaels was one of his idols growing up, but "he really let me down as a person". Helms then went on to really tear into Michaels, saying he believes Michaels is "the biggest hypocrite in the business" and that "his whole religious gimmick is a f***ing work".

Helms said that he doesn't discount Michaels ring work and says that his matches with The Undertaker are some of the greatest matches of all-time, but as a person Michaels is a "cock-eyed cross-eyed piece of sh**.

Helms then told a story about being so angry at Michaels at a show last year that he wanted to hit him, not caring if he got fired by WWE over it. Michaels was having an argument with Chris Jericho at catering and was verbally attacking Jericho, which Helms did not agree with. Helms did not explain what the issue between Michaels and Jericho was about.

Helms went on to say Michaels is "one of the biggest drug users in the history of the business...who has snorted more coke and done more steroids" than anybody else in wrestling.

http://www.justin.tv/geekweek/b/274556516

Razzamajazz
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
pretty sure most people know that already

The Ravishing One
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Michaels was probably still mad at Jericho for putting his head through the Jeritron and messing his eye up.

:shifty:

Tom Guycott
12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Wait, who questioned if that sig pic was Daffney?

Innovator
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I imagine the argument was about "who is more awesome"

McLegend
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
This isn't surprising. A lot of wrestlers don't like Shawn Michaels.

ooTin
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
How do we know that helms is telling the truth? How do we know if he is lying? Simple fact is we don't. I would like to see prof of his accusations.

GoneFishing
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't know why or how, but this just makes me love Jericho even more.

The Naitch
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Helms & jeff HaRDY VS. HBK & CM Punk

Matt Hardy will ref the match from live via satellite feed from the Waffle House as he stuffs his face with junk food

The Naitch
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I doubt Michaels religious thing is a work

glanville6
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
How do we know that helms is telling the truth? How do we know if he is lying? Simple fact is we don't. I would like to see prof of his accusations.

Haha. If you are friends with Jeff Hardy, I imagine that you have also done your share of drugs, Helms.

I don't necessarily think the story is tooooo far off, but the source of the story is probably unreliable too.

HBPunk
12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
i love hbk more than anybody but im guessing this is bs/hyperbole and even if this is true i say 'fuck it, im a wrestling fan and such a hbk mark that i like him even more for being a prick'. shawn michaels is the greatest wrestler to ever live who cud get a good match or feud out of a sandwich, shane helms played a bullshit superhero for like 8 yrs and could only get over when he worked with the rock. jealous much?

Nicky Fives
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
he might have done the most blow, but definitely not the most steroids.....

HBPunk
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
if he had done 'the most' steroids, wouldn't he look like a guy who has done 'the most' steroids?? Hogan, Warrior, Steiner, Batista etc

Savio
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
No one does more Steriods than Steiner

Hanso Amore
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah. HBK was probably roiding in 94-97. Most guys were doing a little something.

But his delight was coke and pain pills, and he did huge amounts.

Joesgonnakillyou
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Disgruntled former employee etc...

Slow
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Daffney :y:

Waylander
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
if he had done 'the most' steroids, wouldn't he look like a guy who has done 'the most' steroids?? Hogan, Warrior, Steiner, Batista etc

There is more to it than that, mostly that a person needs to be receptive to AASteroids. some people react to small amounts more than others would react to large amounts.

------

I think it's odd that Helms calls HBK a hypocrite and blasts his supposed drug use while he is friends with Jeff Hardy. :lol:

dingdongyo
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I doubt Michaels religious thing is a work

i can remember flipping through channels one night a few years ago at like 3 am and catching him on some religious program talking about how his wife was instrumental in helping him find jesus and all that crap. if it is bs, that's a lot of work to convince a tiny audience.

The Pope
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
There is more to it than that, mostly that a person needs to be receptive to AASteroids. some people react to small amounts more than others would react to large amounts.

------

I think it's odd that Helms calls HBK a hypocrite and blasts his supposed drug use while he is friends with Jeff Hardy. :lol:

But that's not him though.

Tom Guycott
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Tell that to Steve Regal.

James Steele
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Shane Helms just lost all my respect and he is officially another bitter cunt.

CSL
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
How dare you question the integrity of a man that wears a 'PG Sux' t-shirt while making his internet videos.

McLegend
12-06-2010, 05:19 PM
He is a superhero afterall.

chrisat928
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Don't steroids make you bigger?

I'm pretty sure Shawn Micheals in the only guy to retire smaller than he was when he started.

Except maybe Jimmy Valient...

MoFo
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
lol didnt Helms get suspended in those steroid scandals after the Benoit murders? Cant really take the moral high ground.

Tommy Gunn
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought Michaels took steroids to retain muscle-mass because he fucked his back up too much to lift heavy weights.

RatedGSuperstar
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Steroids help recovery time. If you lift weights like a madman and take steroids to repair the muscle tissue (letting you lift more weight more often), yeah, you're going to look huge. If you take them and aren't trying to get jacked, you won't get noticeably bigger.

But this Michaels story is still likely bullshit.

SOCCER LEGS
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
no question HBK was juicing like crazy during the 90's

SOCCER LEGS
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I thought Michaels took steroids to retain muscle-mass because he fucked his back up too much to lift heavy weights.

almost everyone who has gotten blasted for using roids uses this as an excuse

itsmeJD
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM

It's contagious...he caught it from those Hardy cunts he hangs out with....

Aguakate
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Using Steroids doesn't mean that you will automatically become HUGE. That's the misconception people have, they think of Steroids as "Magic Pills" that, just by using, you'll get muscular. Not the case. If you want to get bigger, you can take all the Steroids you want, but if you're not training properly, eating right, and getting an adequate amount of sleep/rest, you will NOT get huge. And even if you do everything right, it doesn't mean you will look like Mr Olympia, it also depends on your genes. Did Rafael Palmeiro look like he took Steroids? Did Andy Pettitte? Did Roger Clemens? Most athletes who take Steroids, do so only because they want to recuperate faster, quicker than those who are "natural". Wrestlers perform a couple times a week, travel, etc. So using Steroids can help you recuperate after a match where you've been bumping and jumping, only to then drive to the hotel, sleep for 3 or 4 hours, wake up early, and drive to the next town. THOSE are the benefits most guys look for when they decide to take 'Roids, not the muscle and the "bodybuilder look".

So, could HBK have used Steroids? Absolutely. Do I think he did? No. But you can't just say "Well, he didn't take Steroids because he wasn't big and muscular".

itsmeJD
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
So in other words, you have to train, say your prayers, take your vitamins/steroids, and believe in yourself to get huge?

SaskatchewanChamp
12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Shawn Michaels can still kiss my ass.

Xero
12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
From PWInsider:

Following up his comments on Shawn Michaels on his "Highway to Helms" online show, Hurricane Helms tweeted "I wonder if I backstab a bunch of people and hurt careers & family's and slaughter animals for fun but then pray on stage, that make it ok? Just wondering? :-) But enough about that hypocrite, I'm home after a great but hard working tour and got to catch up on my DVR's."

When Shawn Michaels was asked on his twitter if he heard about the verbal attacks made by Helms, and his thoughts about it, he tweeted "From u all I hav. Verbal attack? Wow pretty scary. Thoughts? Sticks&stones I guess?:-)"

Jordan
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
How does saying this shit make Helms look any better? Now he is just a bitter mid card wash up with a joke gimmick rip off working on the indy's and bitching about the greatest wrestler in WWE history.

Who cares what this fuck has to say?

CSL
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VaDxfixdpWw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VaDxfixdpWw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Her.

Cool King
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
There must be something in North Carolina's water supply.

First Moore with those random ass tattoos out of nowhere in 2005.
Then Jeff with his nonsense, though he was probably just high.
Then Matt with his crazy YouTube promo's.
And now Helms with this.

Kane Knight
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Don't steroids make you bigger?

Ask Smackdown Numbah One Announcah!

AKin3D
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
How does saying this shit make Helms look any better? Now he is just a bitter mid card wash up with a joke gimmick rip off working on the indy's and bitching about the greatest wrestler in WWE history.

Who cares what this fuck has to say?

:y:

dronepool
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Interesting.

Either way lots of people usually turn to god in times of weakness, Shawn isn't the first. He could be using his religion as a safety net to be an "asshole" like many people do but that isn't really anything new either.

CSL
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Jus got bak. Wow u guys r fired up! Sorry u have 2 deal w/it. Don't worry, I don't. Comes w/the territory. I have zero desire 2 do the internet stuff other than corresponding w/u. U can make ur own decisions & I will respect them. May I now return to having fun w/ u all please. Life is 2 short 4 me 2 go thru High school again:-)

HeartBreakMan2k
12-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Least Michaels is being class about it. Granted I'm sure that he knows that all this is coming from a "Never was" so who cares. And I like Helms as a person (outside of this).

Kane Knight
12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Interesting.

Either way lots of people usually turn to god in times of weakness, Shawn isn't the first. He could be using his religion as a safety net to be an "asshole" like many people do but that isn't really anything new either.

Not to mention cashing in on Jesus is nothing new either.

itsmeJD
12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Not to mention cashing in on Jesus is nothing new either.

WHHHATTT???? not Jesus!!! :D

Fignuts
12-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Wow this is pretty pathetic.

Helms getting all PETA on everybody. HBK comes out looking like gold in this.

James Steele
12-08-2010, 05:41 AM
It might be more believable if it would have actually been profitable for HBK to "pretend Christian" but if anything it hindered him.

Anybody Thrilla
12-08-2010, 09:59 AM
If I were to take an educated (:lol:) guess, I would say that this all stemmed from that incident in Kentucky where Jericho/Helms/Matt Hardy/whoever else were drunk and disorderly. Helms and Jericho got arrested.

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/blackjeeep/13z7luo.jpg

The next day or so, Michaels was probably telling Chris Jericho to not be stupid, and Helms overheard the conversation. Michaels probably would have yelled at Helms too, but he mistook him for a guy working for the catering service.

Helms started thinking: "How can HBK tell Y2J not to be stupid? He did all kinds of drugs ten years ago! Wazupwitdat?"

Days later, Helms is released from his WWE contract. Bitterness is born.

Volare
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Even Jericho's mug shot looks good.

Theo Dious
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM

This.

Theo Dious
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Even Jericho's mug shot looks good.

And this too.

Jeritron
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt the Jericho/Michaels situation was as bad as Helms makes it sound. Jericho sounds awful fond of the guy, not just professionally but personally, on DVDs as recent as this fall.
I don't think that was being kayfabed.

I bet almost anything it has something to do with that drunken incident last January. ABT is spot on. It makes too much sense.
Michaels was probably bitching them out. Maybe that makes him self-righteous or whatever, but disagreements happen. The bitterness would probably stem from the fact that Helms was released.

Jeritron
12-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I could really care less at this point too. It's no secret that Shawn has had his shortcomings as a person. Even he himself will be the first to say that.
Whether this current self-improvement is legitimate or not really isn't a big deal to me either way. It got to a point where he was able to work well and not do anything overtly selfish through the product.

Since dozens of different people in the industry from all different areas say he really is a better guy now, and this is the first major complaint I've heard to the contrary, I will pretty much take it with a grain of salt.
Especially coming from a guy who was dealt a messy release from "The E."

Theo Dious
12-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Look. BRET HART has stated that Shawn has changed from the old days and is a better person now. Do we need more?

CSL
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I highly doubt the Jericho/Michaels situation was as bad as Helms makes it sound. Jericho sounds awful fond of the guy, not just professionally but personally, on DVDs as recent as this fall.

They text and make love verbally on Twitter quite often also.

Anybody Thrilla
12-09-2010, 05:13 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Wrestlemania23/2007/03/23/jericho_hbk2.jpg

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
it makes me laugh that some guy who never got over after working with the rock is pissed because HBK is over and didn't need to work with the Rock.

Fignuts
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Michaels was probably bitching them out. Maybe that makes him self-righteous or whatever, but disagreements happen.

That, or he just didn't want them to make the same stupid mistakes he did.

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Also HBK was probably yelling at Jericho (if true) because Jericho is a locker room leader and needs to keep his head on straight and not do stupid shit like that, because while Jericho will come out unscathed, his buddies, like say Helms will get the short end.

Kane Knight
12-10-2010, 01:38 AM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Wrestlemania23/2007/03/23/jericho_hbk2.jpg
"That's so gay!
That's so gay!
That's so gay!"

Gerard
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Its amusing how much of a Wigger Helms sounds in this video...mofucka mofucka mofucka!!

James Steele
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
It's not like Jericho touched HBKs balls after that hug or anything.

VSG
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Past tense, Helms, past tense.

Shadrick
01-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Yall heard they shot my boy Abraham Lincoln? It's real out here, yo.

Juan
01-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Wish you guys would learn how to use the search function.

James Steele
01-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Juan Cena, go eat some pizza.

Rammsteinmad
01-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I wish Juan Cena would learn how to chill out on a message board.

By the way, did you get the pizzas?

:kiss:

CSL
01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Dunno if anybody here has posted this in any other thread but he's at it again

Former WWE star Gregory Helms, who ripped Shawn Michaels on Twitter a few months back, had more comments against Shawn this week after his Hall of Fame induction.

Helms wrote: "The HOF is great but I take more pride & comfort in the fact that I've never "screwjobbed" ANYONE in life or the biz! $$$ isn't everything."

Later, Chris Jericho wrote that Shawn was the greatest performer of all-time. Helms re-tweeted Jericho's message and added his opinion: "BS! Flair did more & got more people over.

Helms then wrote another message, which sounds like it was directed at Jericho: "If u got something to say, say it public. Enough ass-kissing. He wasn't the greatest when he was cussing u out in catering."

Helms continued to rant:

"Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!! Shawn hadn't gotten over anyone but himself in the last decade!!

I'm sorry being honest comes off bad on Twitter, I'm not hating, I'm stating FACTS!! Facts that I would swear by on my life.

And wearing a cross doesn't make u right. Hitler wore one too! Don't be FOOLED by a TV persona!! I'm always honest. NO ONE can accuse me."

Bless him.

Xero
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Let's see, I know very little about Shawn Michaels' personal life outside of stuff relating to the business.

Likewise, I know that Helms is a whiny little bitch who is butthurt over something.

I think I'd rather go with the guy I know little about than the whiny little bitch.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Stone Cold just called Shawn Michaels the best wrestler he ever saw in his life. Wonder if Shane Helms will try to insult Austin now.

Loose Cannon
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Helms should induct HBK

Volare
01-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Helms should fly down from the rafters during HBK's induction.

Then get superkicked right in the mouth.

James Steele
01-13-2011, 06:02 PM
:rofl:

Helms is officially in the shitbird files.

Theo Dious
01-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!!

Does anyone else think that getting people over that suck is NOT a resume builder? That maybe the wrestling landscape might be a better place if the likes of Lex Luger had never become a main eventer?

Xero
01-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Does anyone else think that getting people over that suck is NOT a resume builder? That maybe the wrestling landscape might be a better place if the likes of Lex Luger had never become a main eventer?

Absolutely not. The whole business is all about making someone look good. You, your opponent, your promotion, what have you. Being able to make someone shit look like gold is an extremely important trait.

What you're talking about has more to do with the promotion's choices of pushed stars and the talent, in this case Ric Flair, being able to make their choices work. It's not Flair's fault he had to put over a lot of shitty guys.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-14-2011, 12:21 AM
lol Michaels made tons of shitty guys look good, Helms is full of shit.