PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stiener the closest one to win WWE title in debut match?

Savio
12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Is that true or no?

Fox
12-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I do believe this is correct. After the horrific mistake that was the Triple H vs. Scott Steiner feud, I think Vince decided on holding back on debuting wrestlers (even ones with history in other companies like Steiner) in the main event.

Stickman
12-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I loved the Steiner/HHH feud.

ooTin
12-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Steiner is a horrible wrestler and a terrible mic worker... but it is entertaining to watch him botch all over the place.

itsmeJD
12-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Scott Steiner is the future Iron Sheik in terms of random mic babbling....unless he blows up from the roids first...

ooTin
12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Scott Steiner is the future Iron Sheik in terms of random mic babbling....unless he blows up from the roids first...

I think he will blow up from roids first

CSL
12-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Scott Steiner is actually 78% dianabol/22% human now so he's going to live until he's at least 107.

Savio
12-13-2010, 10:59 AM
I do believe this is correct. After the horrific mistake that was the Triple H vs. Scott Steiner feud, I think Vince decided on holding back on debuting wrestlers (even ones with history in other companies like Steiner) in the main event.
I remember Gail Kim won the Womens title on her Debut but yeah that's a diff title. Has anyone won it on their debut before him?

Sixx
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
BITCH!

XCaliber
12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I remember Gail Kim won the Womens title on her Debut but yeah that's a diff title. Has anyone won it on their debut before him?

The only other person to do so was Carlito when he beat John Cena for the US Championship but again that wasn't for a main belt and to this day I will never understand why they did it.

Lara Emily
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Santino won the IC title in his debut

whiteyford
12-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Jerry Lynn won the LHW on his debut. So did Christian.

XCaliber
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Santino won the IC title in his debut

Oh yeah how quickly I forget and he wasn't even supposed to be a wrestler.

Savio
12-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Did Nash debut match before he won the Title from Backlund? (wasn't watching WWF at that point)

Juan
12-13-2010, 04:09 PM
He had been wrestling in WWF for over a year before he won the title.

Jeritron
12-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Steiner had a few matches before he faced HHH

BollywoodSingh
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Are you sure? I could swear the HHH Rumble match was his first televised match in that WWE run.

MoFo
12-13-2010, 07:30 PM
MNM won the tag title on their debut.

loopydate
12-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Steiner had a few matches before he faced HHH

Plus it wasn't exactly Scotty's WWE debut. The Steiner Brothers traded the WWF Tag Team Titles with Money Inc. a decade before all this.

Nicky Fives
12-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Carlito beat Cena for the US Title in his debut.....

Theo Dious
12-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Plus it wasn't exactly Scotty's WWE debut. The Steiner Brothers traded the WWF Tag Team Titles with Money Inc. a decade before all this.

AND the Quebecers. Damn you.

Juan
12-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Money Inc/Steiners/Quebecers/Headshrinkers had some battles

Jeritron
12-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Are you sure? I could swear the HHH Rumble match was his first televised match in that WWE run.

I'm pretty sure he had a few matches on Raw. Against the likes of Jericho, Christian, Test, Booker T. etc.
And I think he had a match at Armageddon.

He debuted at Survivor Series.

Jeritron
12-14-2010, 01:58 AM
I guess he didn't have a PPV match before that, but I'm 99% sure he faced someone on Raw.

Xero
12-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Steiner's timeline from when he debuted to his match with Hunter from http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/s/scott-steiner.html:

# October 24, 2002: WWE.COM announced the signing of Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner to the WWE..
# November 17, 2002 - Survivor Series: Scott Steiner makes his debut and beats up Chris Nowinski & Matt Hardy then cuts a short promo..
# ~~~Having beat up a member from each brand ensures the bidding wars will soon begin for the newest free agent..
# November 18, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner makes an appearance on RAW costing Chris Jericho his match..
# November 28, 2002 - Smackdown!: Scott Steiner makes an appearance on Smackdown!, beating the hell out of Jamie Noble..
# December 2, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner shows up on RAW to inform Bischoff that he's signing with Smackdown!
# December 7, 2002 - (Smackdown!) House Show: Scott Steiner defeats Bull Buchanan in his first official match since returning..
# December 8, 2002 - (Smackdown!) House Show: Scott Steiner defeats Matt Hardy by submission..
# December 12, 2002 - Smackdown!: Steph tries to get Scott Steiner to sign with Smackdown!, but Steiner says he'll be signing with RAW!
# December 16, 2002 - RAW: Steiner interupts the "HHH Appreciation Ceremony" to sign a contract and challenge HHH to a title match..
# December 23, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner humiliates Triple H in an arm wrestling match..
# January 6, 2003 - RAW: Triple H defeats Scott Steiner in a pose-down with the help of six bogus judges out of the crowd..
# January 13, 2003 - RAW: Scott Steiner humilaites Triple H by ripping the suit right off of him leaving him half naked..
# January 19, 2003 - Royal Rumble: Scott Steiner defeats Triple H by disqualification (HHH retains) when HHH uses the sledgehammer..

===

So, according to this, he never wrestled until the Rumble (barring a few house shows).

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Except for him being a WWF Tag Team Champion in 1993. Yeah it was his first television match since coming back.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Did Nash debut match before he won the Title from Backlund? (wasn't watching WWF at that point)

He was IC Champion and tag team champion before winning the World title. He was a tag team with Shawn Michaels named 'Two Dudes with Attitudes' and unofficially named 'two chaps with all the straps.'

Jeritron
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Steiner's timeline from when he debuted to his match with Hunter from http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/s/scott-steiner.html:

# October 24, 2002: WWE.COM announced the signing of Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner to the WWE..
# November 17, 2002 - Survivor Series: Scott Steiner makes his debut and beats up Chris Nowinski & Matt Hardy then cuts a short promo..
# ~~~Having beat up a member from each brand ensures the bidding wars will soon begin for the newest free agent..
# November 18, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner makes an appearance on RAW costing Chris Jericho his match..
# November 28, 2002 - Smackdown!: Scott Steiner makes an appearance on Smackdown!, beating the hell out of Jamie Noble..
# December 2, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner shows up on RAW to inform Bischoff that he's signing with Smackdown!
# December 7, 2002 - (Smackdown!) House Show: Scott Steiner defeats Bull Buchanan in his first official match since returning..
# December 8, 2002 - (Smackdown!) House Show: Scott Steiner defeats Matt Hardy by submission..
# December 12, 2002 - Smackdown!: Steph tries to get Scott Steiner to sign with Smackdown!, but Steiner says he'll be signing with RAW!
# December 16, 2002 - RAW: Steiner interupts the "HHH Appreciation Ceremony" to sign a contract and challenge HHH to a title match..
# December 23, 2002 - RAW: Scott Steiner humiliates Triple H in an arm wrestling match..
# January 6, 2003 - RAW: Triple H defeats Scott Steiner in a pose-down with the help of six bogus judges out of the crowd..
# January 13, 2003 - RAW: Scott Steiner humilaites Triple H by ripping the suit right off of him leaving him half naked..
# January 19, 2003 - Royal Rumble: Scott Steiner defeats Triple H by disqualification (HHH retains) when HHH uses the sledgehammer..

===

So, according to this, he never wrestled until the Rumble (barring a few house shows).

I concede. I don't know why, but I thought for sure he had a couple Raw matches.

Savio
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I guess he didn't have a PPV match before that, but I'm 99% sure he faced someone on Raw.
99% OF YOU IS WRONG!

Xero
12-14-2010, 07:34 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I concede. I don't know why, but I thought for sure he had a couple Raw matches.

Must have confused the pose-downs, arm wrestling etc. as matches since they were competitions.

Or you remembered all the other times he wrestled on Raw with his brother Rick.

Lord-Of-Darkness
12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I know its not WWE, but didn't the Giant win the WCW title in his on screen debut?

Fox
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I know its not WWE, but didn't the Giant win the WCW title in his on screen debut?

It wasn't his on-screen debut. The Giant had been feuding with Hogan for months, including the Monster Truck Battle at Halloween Havoc and an appearance at War Games.

Giant did win the WCW World Title on his first in-ring match. Giant defeated Hogan by DQ after Jimmy Hart interfered and it was revealed that the contract they signed stated the title could change hands on a DQ. At 23 years old, Giant is the youngest WCW World Champion of all time (Orton at 21, is the younger World Heavyweight Champion).