PDA

View Full Version : John Cena vs. Nexus needs to end NOW!

Mr. C
12-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I’m sick of this feud. It seems like every feud Cena is in drags on forever. Nexus has had only one feud since they first showed up a few months ago, the feud with Cena.

Nexus needs a female influence to step in as a distraction for Cena to slow down his pursuit of the group. This dame comes out of nowhere and becomes a love interest for Cena. He grows more and more involved with her, opening his heart and relinquishing his trust, but underneath it all, she’s just a poison planted by Nexus to weaken Cena and prepare him for his destruction and humiliation by the group.

Fignuts
12-14-2010, 01:33 AM
So your idea for ending this long, drawn out angle which "needs to end now!" is a long drawn out romance angle. Which involves Nexus.

Good job.

Lock Jaw
12-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Like I said in the Raw thread, Cena really should have taken a break. Let Barrett's heat simmer to a boiling point before returning to save the world.

But maybe it is almost over!

Cena has taken out every Nexus member but one!!!!!!!!!!! ..... Except, the guys he has "taken out" are still around every week.

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Good idea, not so good execution. Make no mistake about it, this feud will make Wade Barrett a star. Hopefully. There's the smallest chance it won't. But I think they sort of trailed from the promising path at Survivor Series. Cena sort of lost his cool for just a split-second, whereas he would have looked cooler if he had absolutely destroyed Barrett in a surprise attack, allowing Orton to retain the WWE Title.

Then Barrett has something to prove against Cena, and he wants another title shot. But first he books Cena in a match against himself at Tables, Ladders & Chairs. It'd have made Barrett look bad-ass, Cena look bad-ass, and that is how you sell a match.

Haze
12-14-2010, 07:30 AM
It's kind of sad that a group that had some much potential from the get go has been relegated to being a group whose sole purpose is to feud with Cena. I remember when they first appeared on the scene I marked out like crazy, because it was an angle that I had been hoping for. I mean what better way to introduce a batch of new superstars, than to have them burst on the scene united and just take over the spot light by force. There were so many ways that the angle could have progressed, and it could have been a group that feuded by heel and face alike.

The unpredictability of the group is what caused all the interest to begin with, and sadly it has been nothing but predictable for quite some time.

whiteyford
12-14-2010, 07:36 AM
I agree with Lockjaw, Cena should have taken a break after he was fired and let Barrett build on that. Even have Cena cost him the rumble with a sneak attack/distraction and set it up for a Wrestlemania match between the two to end the feud.

SOCCER LEGS
12-14-2010, 08:04 AM
yeah this shit has really fallen apart. i was high on nexus when they debuted, now i wish they would just go away.

Rammsteinmad
12-14-2010, 09:03 AM
So your idea for ending this long, drawn out angle which "needs to end now!" is a long drawn out romance angle. Which involves Nexus.

Good job.

:lol:

Londoner
12-14-2010, 09:08 AM
This is why we always say "WWE will probably fuck it up though".

dhellova guy
12-14-2010, 09:39 AM
I dont mind a long feud, I just think this one is going to shit.

WWE through these guys together with no real plan for them, it started off well, but this is the result of not planning ahead.

Sad. It could have been great.

Loose Cannon
12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
yea, I agree. I love long feuds and this can be one of those feuds that officially never ends for a few years (i.e. Bret/Owen; started in 94, ended in 97), but it's run it's course. Nexus just keeps on taking beatings to close shows. So hopefully TLC is the end and maybe Barrett moves on to Bryan or something

jkman61494
12-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I think a lot of people, (maybe including the writing team) forget that Nexus cost the Undertaker at the Buried Alive PPV. That was really exciting to see this group even cross to the other show to get involved. This is one reason I'm not totally ready to give up on them yet.

About the only way they can save face at this point is if they do begin to target random superstars again like they did in the summer. On BOTH shows. Let them regain their heat until the Undertaker returns either at or after Wrestlemania.

Eventually, you could somehow have an angle that leads to a feud between Kane, the Undertaker and Nexus leading us to the biggest show of the year.

BizarroKing
12-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Hopefully TLC will mark the end of the feud.

glanville6
12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Hopefully TLC will mark the end of the feud.

Well, I hope so too. But if Taker- Barrett can't happen at Mania, either Nexus costs Cena the Royal Rumble, or Vice Versa.

Personally, I wish they would do the draft the first RAW of 2011 to finally break up Nexus...or to move Cena to Smackdown.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Fuck breaking up Nexus and Raw was fine with their part, Cenas not even been booked too badly over the last couple of weeks.

There is going to be some period of overlap while the new writing team close or change on-going angles, but they've been good enough so far.

Of course if it ended 4 weeks ago, then it would be too short and they needed to drag it out. Can't win.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-14-2010, 01:42 PM
I think they have ended the fired part of it too soon. They just seem to want to force it so they can have a stupid chair match at the ppv? A chair match? Really? Come the fuck on WWE! The feud of the year is going to have a Chair Match? Are you kidding me?! Ducktape? Are you serious?

Nevermind forgot what feud this was for a second. So, do you think they will really bring in somebody like MaxiNe or AksaNa to be a female interest for John Cena? Seems unlikely since the WWE universe knows he is married.

Damian Rey
12-14-2010, 02:48 PM
I really feel like they took a lot of heat off the last 3 weeks. When Cena was "fired", he went out gloriously. You had the "Let's go Cena/Cena Sucks" duel chant, the heartfelt, emotional speech, and the live crowd buying into it.

Then later in the show, Cena's last hurrah; costing Barret the title. That should have been it. Cena should have been kept off Raw for the remainder of the year, and probably at least till the Rumble, maybe even Elimination Chamber.

In the meantime, build up Barrett again, and have him win the title at the Chamber, and somehow find a loophole for Cena to get him back on the roster, and build up hype for the company's biggest feud to end at their biggest show, for their top title.

It could have been great. Barret and Cena in a match for the first time since the HITC ppv, which would be atleast 4 months.

All of this would have accomplished two things; it woud have gotten Barrett more heel heat than he already has for firing Cena and winning the title shortly after, and would have built a high level of anticipation for their final confrontation at Mania, for the belt, in the main event.

Ugh...

Lara Emily
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Good idea, not so good execution. Make no mistake about it, this feud will make Wade Barrett a star. Hopefully. There's the smallest chance it won't. But I think they sort of trailed from the promising path at Survivor Series. Cena sort of lost his cool for just a split-second, whereas he would have looked cooler if he had absolutely destroyed Barrett in a surprise attack, allowing Orton to retain the WWE Title.

Then Barrett has something to prove against Cena, and he wants another title shot. But first he books Cena in a match against himself at Tables, Ladders & Chairs. It'd have made Barrett look bad-ass, Cena look bad-ass, and that is how you sell a match.

All this making Barrett a star will go out the windows if (most likely when) he totally loses this fued, IE TLC where I fully expect Cena to fight off all the Nexus and beat Barrett probably convincingly.

Damian Rey
12-14-2010, 02:59 PM
All this making Barrett a star will go out the windows if (most likely when) he totally loses this fued, IE TLC where I fully expect Cena to fight off all the Nexus and beat Barrett probably convincingly.

Disagree. IN the current WWE climate, the good guy is always going to come out on top. This doesn't mean that Barrett will not be taking legitimately after he jobs to Cena.

For example, considering the way he was booked to lose every match, and how both Cole and Miz buried him verbally on NXT, Daniel Bryan came out looking pretty damn good. When he finally "overcame" the Miz, losing and tapping out (twice) didn't take the piss out of the Miz.

It's all in the presentation of the heel character. And despite the Nexus as a whole being booked poorly, and Barret not having any big clean wins, the fact remains that he did beat Cena, and had not Cena interferred, Barrett would've won the title.

Unless he gets demoted mid card fodder after TLC, Barrett's going to remain on of the top heels on Raw. Losing to Cena will likely just end their feud. I'd be willing to bet Barrett somehow wins the title by mid 2011.

Lara Emily
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Disagree. IN the current WWE climate, the good guy is always going to come out on top. This doesn't mean that Barrett will not be taking legitimately after he jobs to Cena.

For example, considering the way he was booked to lose every match, and how both Cole and Miz buried him verbally on NXT, Daniel Bryan came out looking pretty damn good. When he finally "overcame" the Miz, losing and tapping out (twice) didn't take the piss out of the Miz.

It's all in the presentation of the heel character. And despite the Nexus as a whole being booked poorly, and Barret not having any big clean wins, the fact remains that he did beat Cena, and had not Cena interferred, Barrett would've won the title.

Unless he gets demoted mid card fodder after TLC, Barrett's going to remain on of the top heels on Raw. Losing to Cena will likely just end their feud. I'd be willing to bet Barrett somehow wins the title by mid 2011.

The Miz was already established, Barrett is still in the midst of establishing himself. Barrett needs another solid win against Cena especially after how everything has gone down since HIAC,

#BROKEN Hasney
12-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Can't we all just take joy in the fact Otunga was destroyed?

Favre4Ever
12-14-2010, 05:47 PM
The last month of this whole angle has been god awful.

Why even flirt with the firing angle when it was going to mean nothing? Bringing Cena back at the Royal Rumble at the earliest would have been the way to go, if not later. Remember the angle in 2002 where Stephanie had to suspend Brock Lesnar, and in his absence the Big Show went apeshit and Kurt Angle had to find Lesnar and admit he needed his help(this is at least how the angle progressed without the knowledge that Kurt and Paul Heyman were in cahoots)? There was a perfect opportunity here for the Nexus to steamroll a Cena-less show, and the RAW roster would either find a way to get Cena back on the show or Cena would roll up in a save the day cameo and later finagle a way to get his job back.

So I at least agree that the angle needs to end now. Talk about an epic fucking botch.

Favre4Ever
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I just don't "believe" that Nexus would have given Barrett and ultimatum to rehire Cena, and he follows through; but for what reason? To execute another random in-ring beat down that means nothing? It doesn't make any sense. No clue why they would do it this way.

Lara Emily
12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I just don't "believe" that Nexus would have given Barrett and ultimatum to rehire Cena, and he follows through; but for what reason? To execute another random in-ring beat down that means nothing? It doesn't make any sense. No clue why they would do it this way.

Cause this Angle is all about Cena. Look how they sold the beatdown lol, he got his ass kicked then 2 hours later walks out perfectly fine and normal.

SaskatchewanChamp
12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Otunga will not come back with Nexus - Green and White

Kane Knight
12-14-2010, 06:04 PM
This is why we always say "WWE will probably fuck it up though".

And why smarks will bitch t you for being "too negative," then get all surprised that things didn't magically end different this time.

Emperor Smeat
12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
They should have stretched out the time from his emotional goodbye speech to him getting rehired longer than just 3 weeks, especially if the week after he's back in some role attacking Nexus.

It makes his speech loose specialness since Barrett could have earned even more heat than CM Punk did when he got rid of Hardy and his title moment.

BizarroKing
12-14-2010, 06:46 PM
If Cena actually DOES turn heel now and join Nexus willingly, now it would just seem foolish in my eyes.

Lara Emily
12-14-2010, 06:48 PM
If Cena actually DOES turn heel now and join Nexus willingly, now it would just seem foolish in my eyes.

That is so not happening

Xero
12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Cena's potential heel turn sailed the minute he came out on RAW after he was fired.

The Naitch
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
This is why Vince McMahon needs to stop referring to himself as a "creative genius".

Mr. C
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe the blow off is that Nexus will be forced over to SmackDown in a match, when The Undertaker returns. I’m in the camp of Wade Barrett being built up to face Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Cena loses nothing by jobbing to Barrett at TLC, and Barrett gains a lot. I have no doubt that Cena will win, but they could totally get away with building up Barrett as a bad-ass here. Alternatively, Barrett can bust out a lead pipe, or something, whack Cena with it, get himself disqualified (since only chairs are legal in a Chairs Match) and Barrett "puts Cena on the shelf." That could get Nexus some heat back, give Cena a few weeks off, and get this feud back on track.

The Naitch
12-15-2010, 01:21 AM
The only thing I liked about RAW this week was the development of the Otunga/Barrett conflict. I can see Otunga easily being the face here. Some people might not agree here, but I see Otunga doing what MVP failed to do in his WWE career. I see Otunga going further than MVP, benefitting the most out of this Nexus angle. Just give him some time to improve. But he needs new tights. When he's lying around at the wrong angle, it looks like he's wearing a thong. He looks like a fucking stripper.

Lara Emily
12-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Cena loses nothing by jobbing to Barrett at TLC, and Barrett gains a lot. I have no doubt that Cena will win, but they could totally get away with building up Barrett as a bad-ass here. Alternatively, Barrett can bust out a lead pipe, or something, whack Cena with it, get himself disqualified (since only chairs are legal in a Chairs Match) and Barrett "puts Cena on the shelf." That could get Nexus some heat back, give Cena a few weeks off, and get this feud back on track.

Except Cena's probably just going to win lol andf probably do so by fighting off all of Nexus or by David Otunga fucking Barrett over.

Damian Rey
12-15-2010, 02:33 AM
The only thing I liked about RAW this week was the development of the Otunga/Barrett conflict. I can see Otunga easily being the face here. Some people might not agree here, but I see Otunga doing what MVP failed to do in his WWE career. I see Otunga going further than MVP, benefitting the most out of this Nexus angle. Just give him some time to improve. But he needs new tights. When he's lying around at the wrong angle, it looks like he's wearing a thong. He looks like a fucking stripper.

Disagree completely. Otunga, to me, has nothing even resembling what I'd consider a redeeming quality. He's too green to be wrestling on the stage he's been put on. His mic work is not compelling, and I just don't see what's there to like.

Honestly, the one who they should be building for a rebellion is Gabriel. He's solid in the ring, and he's been booked from almost the start as a legit threat against the two top faces; Orton and Cena.

Back to the topic at hand...while I like Noid's idea, I feel that, at this point, they'd just be milking an already dragged out angle. After firing Cena, Nexus should have focused on Orton for a few months. It makes the most sense; take out the next top face in the way of a Nexus-ran Raw.

But again, they blew their load 3 weeks into the Fire Cena angle, and kept him as a staple of the live programming, thus cheapening not only his farewell, but pretty much sabotaging the entire angle.

The Naitch
12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
I know Otunga isn't the best wrestler or anything; I even remember watching referree Corderis (sp?) burying Otunga for the same reasons you mentioned, but I just see them pushing him to be the next gem from the Nexus. They seem to be high on him, plus he's got the Hollywood connection going on, so realistically I see them going that route.

I dunno, when he guest hosted RAW earlier this year, I saw potential. He seems to be slightly different from that nowadays (he had RAW shaved in his hair, brought his entourage with him, compared to now it looks like he doesn't even comb his hair looking like he just got out of bed :lol: ). Basically he looked a bit more polished back then in the spring.

I think he should've went solo, he didn't need to be part of the Nexus. Hell, even Daniel Bryan and Darren Young were both in The Nexus. They went solo. Same thing should've happened with Otunga earlier on. Now he's just Wade Barrett's bitch. The biggest bitch out of the bunch and it's held him back, clouding any potential making him look weak.

Aguakate
12-15-2010, 03:35 AM
John Cena vs NeXus needs to end, yes.

So does the Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio angle.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2010, 07:32 AM
David Otunga is too green to be written off yet. I mean, the guy's been put in a tough spot, and a lot of is that Hollywood connection, but the guy hasn't completely choked to the point where they've stopped it. But to be honest, I think Otunga should have been written off after Survivor Series. Barrett fails to win the WWE Title from Orton, and Otunga talks some shit about how Barrett's plans fail, and he should be leading Nexus. He requests a title match from Orton, gets it, but Barrett tells Otunga to prove that he can do it alone and Nexus watch in the back. Orton ends up punting Otunga, and he disappears so he can work on his skills a little more. It'd also test Otunga's dedication to the business, which is something the WWE has liked to do since Brock Lesnar and even The Rock.

Nexus would be fine running with Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Michael McGillicutty & Husky Harris for a while; but since he's not really doing anything, you could have Darren Young do something to re-earn favour with Barrett and rejoin the group. Since Young seems to be doing a "trial series" thing with William Regal on Superstars, you could have Nexus finally help Young get that win over Regal, showing how Nexus are stronger as a unit than separately (you know, besides applying common sense).

Otunga is in no way ready to be out there on his own, but he's not really an amazing part of the group. He's the worst in the ring (a large part of that could just be because he's so fucking green), and he's not yet the great talker he has shown potential to be at times. Michael McGillicutty has better delivery, and is far better in the ring.

Bring Otunga back when he is ready in a "remember me?" moment against Wade Barrett. Even when all the Nexus guys are disconnected in storylines, you could have a figure attacking each guy previously involved with Nexus from behind at shows (assuming they are still on the roster), and then reveal it is a new bad-ass Otunga. It'd be a pretty cool storyline.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2010, 07:34 AM
The one positive thing I will say about Otunga: I did enjoy the way he reacted to Wade Barrett announcing he would face John Cena on RAW. At first it was a "fuck off, what is this shit?" look, but it turned into a "okay, cool -- I'm up for that and I get to prove myself" look. The guy could evolve to have good presence, if he works with the "less is more" mentality.

ooTin
12-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I’m sick of this feud. It seems like every feud Cena is in drags on forever. Nexus has had only one feud since they first showed up a few months ago, the feud with Cena.

Nexus needs a female influence to step in as a distraction for Cena to slow down his pursuit of the group. This dame comes out of nowhere and becomes a love interest for Cena. He grows more and more involved with her, opening his heart and relinquishing his trust, but underneath it all, she’s just a poison planted by Nexus to weaken Cena and prepare him for his destruction and humiliation by the group.

wow what a terrible idea. I can not believe that someone would actually think that anybody would want to watch this on a weekly basis. Just reading about it made me want to vomit atop my keyboard while gouging my eyes out with a rusty spoon just so I never have to read this horrendous post again. Well done sir.... well done.:n::n::n::n::n::n::n::n::n::n:

James Steele
12-16-2010, 12:03 PM
I can't fucking stand Otunga. Just looking at him makes me angrily annoyed. I then proceed to FF through my DVR.

screech
12-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Otunga's redeeming quality is that Nexus hoodie he wears to the ring.

I fucking want that.

Indifferent Clox
12-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Cena needs to wrestle danielson in an ironman match.

The Naitch
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM

:n::n: