PDA

View Full Version : The PG Rating gets a bad rap.

St. Jimmy
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Let's look at this like realistic wrestling fans.

I mean yes, the PG rating is killing WWE Programming, but it's not the ONLY thing.

The list of things killing WWE is as follows:

1. Pushing Young Talent. This simply doesn't work, you need people to hold down talent, that's what we want to see. Every time some guy the IWC loves wins a title ratings go into the toilet. Absolute shit.

2. Lack of Cena on programming. Every WWE show needs more Cena. Cena not being the WWE champion makes the title look irrelevant. There is no situation that cannot be fixed with more Cena.

3. The PG Rating. WWE has fantastic writers that can only work when their audience is adults. You can't write PG for adults, and kids don't really understand pro-wrestling anyhow. It's far too intricate for their minds. Shouldn't they be in bed by 9 PM anyhow? Fucking learn to curb your fucking shitty fucking sperm, parents.

4. Lack of Celebrity Hosts. Raw was doing so much better when we had celebrity hosts. They were keeping the show fresh and making every moment just as good as the last. We should have Guest Hosts on every show. Even the ones no one watches, like Smackdown and NXT.

5. The Tag Division. Current WWE focuses FAR too much on the tag division. WE GET IT, YOU LIKE TAG TEAMS. You hold down these talents by forcing them to work with each other in these matches just to sell more PPV's. It's pathetic. If you're that desperate for something to do with talent make more gimmick ppv's and use them in those matches.

Discuss.

VSG
12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
You can turn out quality posts when you want to, don't you?

St. Jimmy
12-14-2010, 11:36 PM
What, did you think I was some fly-by-night, flash-in-the-pan like HBPunk? Please. I am TPWW's Stonehenge.

SaskatchewanChamp
12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Let's look at this like realistic wrestling fans.

I mean yes, the PG rating is killing WWE Programming, but it's not the ONLY thing.

The list of things killing WWE is as follows:

1. Pushing Young Talent. This simply doesn't work, you need people to hold down talent, that's what we want to see. Every time some guy the IWC loves wins a title ratings go into the toilet. Absolute shit.

2. Lack of Cena on programming. Every WWE show needs more Cena. Cena not being the WWE champion makes the title look irrelevant. There is no situation that cannot be fixed with more Cena.

3. The PG Rating. WWE has fantastic writers that can only work when their audience is adults. You can't write PG for adults, and kids don't really understand pro-wrestling anyhow. It's far too intricate for their minds. Shouldn't they be in bed by 9 PM anyhow? Fucking learn to curb your fucking shitty fucking sperm, parents.

4. Lack of Celebrity Hosts. Raw was doing so much better when we had celebrity hosts. They were keeping the show fresh and making every moment just as good as the last. We should have Guest Hosts on every show. Even the ones no one watches, like Smackdown and NXT.

5. The Tag Division. Current WWE focuses FAR too much on the tag division. WE GET IT, YOU LIKE TAG TEAMS. You hold down these talents by forcing them to work with each other in these matches just to sell more PPV's. It's pathetic. If you're that desperate for something to do with talent make more gimmick ppv's and use them in those matches.

Discuss.

Are you retarded?

St. Jimmy
12-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I am just a concerned wrestling fan expressing my opinion. If that makes me retarded then yes, I AM RETARDED AS HELL.

VSG
12-14-2010, 11:47 PM
The Champ doesn't "get" the thread. Can't blame him though.

SaskatchewanChamp
12-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Wrestling is a dying business. It is really that simple, no one cares about it as much as they once did. WWE will be the only wrestling company to turn a profit in the next 10 years.

glanville6
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
My favorite part is

"WE GET IT. YOU LIKE TAG TEAM WRESTLING"

But anyway, like someone said before on probably 30 other threads on the topic, its the writing. WWE can put on good shows without cursing and all the other stuff, but they just don't always put on good shows.

Theo Dious
12-15-2010, 12:08 AM
This thread is homosexual.

St. Jimmy
12-15-2010, 12:12 AM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-04-23/1272022412114.jpg

Juan
12-15-2010, 12:14 AM
The sad thing is that St. Jimmy actually believes this, no doubt.

dronepool
12-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I partially agree with number 3, that's all.

St. Jimmy
12-15-2010, 01:58 AM
The sad thing is that St. Jimmy actually believes this, no doubt.

http://partmule.com/blog16/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/palin-wink.jpg