PDA

View Full Version : WWE's Top Matches of 2010 - You will not believe what made #1

Xero
12-20-2010, 06:57 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/topmatches2010/

Xero
12-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Taker vs. Michaels should be number one no doubt, but I had said that Dolph vs Danielson was easily the #2 runner up. The fact that they put it at number one with Taker/Michaels as a tie astounds me. Hell, just being number 2 would amaze to me from WWE.

Volare
12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Ziggy/Danielson for 2 made me happy and shocked that WWE acknowledged wrestling for once, and not something "entertainingly" retarded.

SOCCER LEGS
12-20-2010, 07:08 PM
yeah i give the WWE a lot of credit for recognizing what great a match that was. sometimes it seems to me they don't know a good match from a bad one.

The Gold Standard
12-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I understand how good the Ziggler/Bryan match was, but there is no way that was better than Taker v Michaels at Mania.

The wrestling was just as good in that match and it had bigger implications.

There is no way Ziggler/Bryan should be tied with HBK/Taker.

HBK/Taker was the best match of the year.

Cool King
12-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Damn, I should have done what you did, Xero and not waste time typing it all up. :(

I don't want it to go to waste so I'm posting it anyways.

25. Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio (SmackDown 10/8/10)
24. John Cena & Evan Bourne vs Edge & Sheamus (Raw 31/5/10)
23. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs The Miz (TLC Match for the WWE Championship - Raw 11/22/10)
22. Jack Swagger vs Rey Mysterio (Money In The Bank)
21. Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool (Extreme Makover Match for the Women's Championship - Extreme Rules)
20. Raw's Elimination Chamber Match (Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship - Elimination Chamber)
19. Ezekiel Jackson vs Christian (ECW Championship Match - Royal Rumble)
18. John Morrison vs Sheamus (Falls Count Anywhere Match - Raw 9/13/10)
17. Chris Jericho vs Goldust (Superstars 3/4/10)
16. Rey Mysterio vs The Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship Match - Royal Rumble)
15. John Morrison vs The Miz vs Daniel Bryan (Triple Threat Submissions Count Anywhere Match for the United States Championship - Hell In A Cell)
14. Edge vs Christian (Raw 5/17/10)
13. Shawn Michaels vs Rey Mysterio (SmackDown 1/29/10)
12. Sheamus vs Randy Orton (Hell In A Cell Match for the WWE Championship - Hell In A Cell)
11. 2010 Royal Rumble Match (Royal Rumble)
10. Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho (NXT 23/2/10)
9. Wade Barrett vs John Cena (Hell In A Cell)
8. SmackDown's Money In The Bank Ladder Match (Money In The Bank)
7. Evan Bourne vs Chris Jericho (Fatal 4-Way)
6. WWE vs Nexus (Elimination Tag Team Match - SummerSlam)
5. SmackDown's Elimination Chamber Match (Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Elimination Chamber)
4. Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk (Hair Match - Extreme Rules)
3. Batista vs John Cena (I Quit Match - Over The Limit)
2 (Tie). Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Streak vs Career Match - WrestleMania XXVI)
2 (Tie). Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler (Bragging Rights)

Schlomey
12-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I actually agree with about 13 of those which is astonishing in itself.

Juan
12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I loved Taker/Michaels as much as the next guy, but I'm kind of sick of how every match that is good is automatically compared to it.

Schlomey
12-20-2010, 08:00 PM
sick of it? It happens every year though. The general consensus decides what the best match of the year is and EVERYTHING gets compared to the flag bearer. This is not just wrestling this is EVERYTHING. Here are some examples:

1. Man tonight was fun but it was NOTHING like the party 4 months ago where Tom ended up in jail.

2. The Bengals vs Ravens game was awesome but not as good as the Jets vs Patriots game from earlier in the year.

see.....it's normal. I'd say just get over it but I know you won't you silly goose.

Evil Vito
12-20-2010, 08:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>HBK/Taker was the best.

But fuck it, I voted Bryan/Ziggler. It won't win but it'd be amazing to see.</font>

SOCCER LEGS
12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
WWE vs nexus at summerslam should have been #3

Xero
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I loved Taker/Michaels as much as the next guy, but I'm kind of sick of how every match that is good is automatically compared to it.

If something is the best in something, that's what everything is going to be compared to. What the fuck are you on about?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I voted for Dolph vs. DB. It won't win but it deserves the 2nd spot on this list.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
If something is the best in something, that's what everything is going to be compared to. What the fuck are you on about?

I'm actually gonna compare every match from now on to Bradshaw/Trish Stratus Vs. Christopher Nowitski and Jackie Gayda. So, no matter what matches occur they are always going to be better than that one.

Xero
12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Honestly, when it came down to the in-ring stuff, Dolph vs. DB was probably equal. But when you add the emotion to Michaels vs Taker, there's no contest.

Xero
12-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm actually gonna compare every match from now on to Bradshaw/Trish Stratus Vs. Christopher Nowitski and Jackie Gayda. So, no matter what matches occur they are always going to be better than that one.

Don't worry, WWE can always surprise you.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Just noticed that there was only one match from the so-called "Biggest PPV of the Year." What does that say about Wrestlemania?

Xero
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Hell in a Cell and The Royal Rumble are tied for most.

Hell in a Cell > WrestleMania, apparently.

Juan
12-20-2010, 08:39 PM

I dunno. To me, I knew what to expect from Taker Michaels. I knew it was gonna be great and I knew it was gonna be match of the year before it even happened, so I kind of put that match into it's own category.

I don't think it's fair to Danielson and Ziggler to compare their match to Taker/Michaels.

Xero
12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
To an extent I can agree, but still, Taker/Michaels was match of the year, and you can't just exclude it from a Match of the Year discussion just because it was so good.

Indifferent Clox
12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Danielson is in 4 matches of the year, more than anyone else?

Swiss Ultimate
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Rey is in like 5

Swiss Ultimate
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
<object width="480" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xfdn3z?width=480&theme=denim&foreground=%2392ADE0&highlight=%23A2ACBF&background=%23202226&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xfdn3z?width=480&theme=denim&foreground=%2392ADE0&highlight=%23A2ACBF&background=%23202226&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0" width="480" height="285" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfdn3z_dolph-ziggler-vs-daniel-bryan-2-2-hd_sport">Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan 2/2 [HD]</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BuuPetit">BuuPetit</a>. - <a target="_self" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/sport">More professional, college and classic sports videos.</a></i>

XCaliber
12-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Honestly I thought the Ziggler/Bryan match was better now if it were the Undertaker/Michaels from WM25 than it would be a no brainer it was way better than their 2nd encounter.

Lock Jaw
12-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I voted for Dolph/Bryan. I think quality-wise it was a better match. No question about it Taker/HBK was the better "story" and had the "drama" around it, but it wasn't as good as their first match (or Bryan vs. Ziggy).

dronepool
12-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Taker vs. Michaels should be number one no doubt, but I had said that Dolph vs Danielson was easily the #2 runner up. The fact that they put it at number one with Taker/Michaels as a tie astounds me. Hell, just being number 2 would amaze to me from WWE.

I literally said "whoa" upon reading the list.

Agreed.

Indifferent Clox
12-21-2010, 02:53 AM
In 20 years ppl will be calling Daniel Bryan one of the bests of all time

HBPunk
12-21-2010, 03:30 AM

I dunno. To me, I knew what to expect from Taker Michaels. I knew it was gonna be great and I knew it was gonna be match of the year before it even happened, so I kind of put that match into it's own category.

I don't think it's fair to Danielson and Ziggler to compare their match to Taker/Michaels.

Somewhere in a parallel universe you are getting head off Maryse while she stuffs sacks of cash into your new ferrari, all this after you win your second noble prize. In other words - you are the biggest clunge to ever appear on the internet

Juan
12-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Oh hey, HBPunk doesn't approve.

Juan
12-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the white rep dots btw

owenbrown
12-21-2010, 05:26 AM
lol

Ermaximus
12-21-2010, 08:24 AM
In 20 years ppl will be calling Daniel Bryan one of the bests of all time

I'd say in 10 years they'll be saying that if he keeps up with his current trend.