PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker vs Edge (Wrestlemania 2011?0

Swish
12-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Thoughts, This would tie in the Undertaker in a great way. Undertaker could seek revenge for what Edge done to Paul Bearer. Hence winning the Rumble, then facing Edge at Mania. and winning the title. All though I think that Edge ending the streak would be greater..

James Steele
12-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Except Bearer turned on Undertaker just like 3 months ago to help Kane destroy him...plus they just 3 years ago Edge/Undertaker headlined WrestleMania XXIV.

Cool King
12-24-2010, 04:40 AM
I don't think The Undertaker will be avenging what happened to Paul Bearer. It just wouldn't make sense for him to come back and avenge what happened to someone who turned his back on him.

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing The Undertaker vs Kane at WrestleMania again, in what could be The Undertaker's last WrestleMania. It would sortof be a way to end to the whole Undertaker/Kane saga before one of them retires. (Most likely The Undertaker)

Rammsteinmad
12-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Kane/Undertaker at WM again :nono:

I only want to see Undertaker take on Wade Barrett and John Cena at WM27 and 28.

If it wasn't for the obvious 20-0 streak which is where they're almost at, I'd love for Barrett, with the help of Nexus, to end the streak.

Xero
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
It has to involve the Nexus angle somehow, not Bearer. You don't help a man whose flashlight you jobbed to.

VSG
12-24-2010, 08:54 AM
It actually looks like they might go Edge-Christian next year.

SOCCER LEGS
12-24-2010, 09:42 AM

god i hope so

SOCCER LEGS
12-24-2010, 09:43 AM
i doubt it though... i'd rather they have christian win the MITB

Nightwing
12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Itll prolly be Taker/ Kane again, sadly.

I wanna see Barrett go after him this year though, so heres hoping.

Schlomey
12-24-2010, 11:37 AM

how does it look like that? Am I missing something or is this just a hopeful guess? I'm all for this BTW, just wondering what you picked up on that I must have missed.

Aguakate
12-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Thoughts, This would tie in the Undertaker in a great way. Undertaker could seek revenge for what Edge done to Paul Bearer. Hence winning the Rumble, then facing Edge at Mania. and winning the title. All though I think that Edge ending the streak would be greater..

It's already been done before.

There are 3 wrestlers I would love to see Undertaker do a WrestleMania program with: Cena, Punk or Triple H.

Schlomey
12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
The CM Punk vs Undertaker feud was not very long ago. Honestly don't seeing them redoing this feud before Taker hangs it up as it was a 3 PPV long feud.

Sycophant
12-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I guess it all depends on how many WM matches Taker has left. If this is it for him (which I doubt, but you never know,) Wade Barrett needs to end the streak. Cena definitely doesn't need the rub and Undertaker/Kane again is bleh. As far as Edge goes, I keep thinking it will end up Edge/ Del Rio for some reason. I also agree that it would be much better for Christian to win MITB. They have him in MITB every year it seems and he never gets there. I could tolerate Cena/Undertaker if it led to a Cena heel turn. I just don't think that will happen in my lifetime. Vince verbally assaults any writer who even brings it up because, to the kids, that would be like taking Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Spongebob, and Jesus out to the middle of the ring and executing all of them sequentially.

Johnny Vegas
12-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I can see why Vince wants Cena to remain the way he is. It's $$$ and at this period in the WWE, they're necessarily not on "cruise control", money-wise, like they were '99-'02 where they could try new things. When Cena turns heel, either: Cena is no longer selling merchandise and/or tickets to the non-marks. Or WWE's money is right with a new wrestler/entertainer where they're taking up his slack.

So basically, unless The Rock or Brock Lesnar comes back full-time, i don't see Cena turning heel.

glanville6
12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Edge and Taker again? No... not the kind of match I'd want repeated at Mania again.

Kane and Taker at Mania again? Not something I want to see either. It was ok 6 years ago, but its over.

I think the only repeat Wrestlemania matches that didn't get old were Taker vs Michaels and Austin vs Rock. Kane or Edge would not be terribly exciting.

NOW

I know most of us never expect the streak to end, and I'm all for keeping in tact, but if you were to have him lose, would you guys consider having him lose in a triple threat match?

Not the same effect on someone who beats him one on one, but for example, 3 opponents that are thrown out for Taker in the next few years are Cena, Barrett, and Sheamus.

Imagine Barrett and Sheamus both wanting to end Taker's streak. So its a 3 way match.

You can have Taker not get pinned, which I know will get people to say "oh no, you can't end Taker's streak and not have him pinned!!" which I get, but a loss is a loss and it still ends the streak with out really ruining Taker's legacy 100 percent. Or, have it seem like Barrett and Sheamus hate each other, but turn the match into a glorified handicap match and get the win. This would obviously make them much much bigger forces in the WWE.

Although the second part is dumb on my part, because eventually they would fight for which one gets the pin.

Just thoughts on freshening up the streak

ooTin
12-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Takers streak will live forever.. and why does my off smell like shit?

VSG
12-24-2010, 06:18 PM
how does it look like that? Am I missing something or is this just a hopeful guess? I'm all for this BTW, just wondering what you picked up on that I must have missed.

As I see it, Nexus is not done yet. Their "greater purpose" might come up unless creative decides to axe it. If they don't, then Nexus-Kane-Undertaker will have to be explained. That pretty much takes out any chance of Undertaker or Kane for the gold at WM27. Rey/Del Rio will probably finish up by Royal Rumble with the both of them earning a spot at the smackdown Elimination Chamber. I don't think any of them will win though and I would not put either of them in the smackdown main event at WM27 either.

Who does that leave in smackdown? Big Show? Cody Rhodes? Big Zeke? :n:

With the countdown to Royal Rumble coming up, Edge-Kane will end leaving a defeated Kane in the wake. The trend of surprise returns is more of an expectation lately, and Christian will be in top shape for it unless I see something wrong. The Slammy award show has been the start of many a storyline over the past years, with Punk alluding to Cena as well. With Miz-Morrison dominating the Raw scene for a while, I am being optimistic here that it will be Edge-Christian going the face-face style for the gold.

Jakob Synn
12-24-2010, 09:09 PM

It's an interesting concept. I mean as much as the Undertaker hates Paul Bearer in the end he still loves him or at leasts acknowledges him. I like the idea, but I don't see it happening.

I honeslty cannot think of any match for the Undertaker to participate in for this upcoming Wrestlemania and with rumors going around that he might miss Wrestlemania due to injuries I wouldn't be suprised if this year was the year that the streak was ended and Undertaker retires or is buried alive for good.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2010, 06:46 AM
I can't see Edge vs. Taker. The fans are getting behind a face Edge, even though his character hasn't changed much. He's not sucking up, but to put him one-on-one against another big face is suicide for the character.

The two matches for Taker at WrestleMania this year are either against Kane or Wade Barrett. I think Barrett is the preferable choice, just because the match is fresh and Barrett could become solidified from it (more so than he is now). Kane vs. Taker would work from a storyline perspective, though, too -- and I can see Paul Bearer returning with Taker there, pissed off his son pushed him off the ladder. It'd be oddly like WrestleMania XX, but that could even work in its favour.

The extra drama comes from Kane going over Taker three PPVs in row, so surely he has a chance of ending the streak, right? In a mark's mind, yes. It also goes a long way to furthering the mystique of the streak, since Taker can't beat Kane at other PPVs, but gets a "special power" on the night of WrestleMania.

As for the World Heavyweight Title program -- Edge seems likely to be involved. There is no one to really take the belt off him right now, and it seems counter-productive to him to do so. It's worth keeping in mind that Big Show has been treated very well this year, and could randomly find himself in the picture, but I like to think that we'll get Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian somehow.

The story would be so simple: Edge is World Heavyweight Champion, and Del Rio wants a title shot. Christian is back from his injury, hates Del Rio for putting him out, and also wants to be World Champion. There is also the Edge/Christian history. But I could see that pure chemistry being interrupted by Big Show or Rey Mysterio, who I guess have history with all the guys involved, too.