PDA

View Full Version : HHH

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
So the Royal Rumble is just around the corner and a betting man would say Trips will most likely make his return to the ring that night.

My question to TPWW is have we really missed him? And do we need him back full time? I ask this as I read somewhere that he may only return on a part time basis now he is more involved in the corporate and 'Behind the scenes' part of the business.

Personally I'd be happy for him to work a few programs a year and help put talent over, he is The Game and he is That Damn Good after-all. But I don't know if I want to see him as one of the main parts of Raw again these days.

Discuss.

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh, and before James Steele has a meltdown over this, I am a HUGE HHH mark myself. But even I know that HHH on TV full-time means less of a push for the current main event crop, Miz, Orton, Destor, JoMo, Sheamus (although he will feud with him) etc...

Aguakate
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
WWE really needs Triple H.

And most fans, myself included, miss him as well.

It would be awesome if they had Triple H form something like "Evolution 2.0" or something (of course, not with that name, but the basic idea of the original), and have some of the young guys in it, so Triple H can help them out and really mold them, like he did Orton and Batista.

Schlomey
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
will be very sick of the "surprise return RR win" especially if it happens again. BE CREATIVE!

I do miss him . I do think the show will benefit from having him back in some capacity. I also think his characters deserves one more heel turn before he hangs it up for suits and ties.

whiteyford
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Love to see him come back and establish a few guys as genuine main-eventers, doesnt even have to lose every feud just let them look good against him. He all but made Batista, sure theres a couple guys he'd like to help out the same way, and i dont think theres anyone else who could it to that degree.

Nightwing
12-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I really havent noticed hes been gone honestly, but regarldless its gonna be cool to see him back.

Xero
12-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I do miss him. Was honestly thinking about how much I missed him a few weeks ago. But I don't want him back full-time.

I full expect at least one or two more title runs for him in the next few years, but I think this time he'll be the transitional champion to build someone else up. I could easily see him taking the Taker route, and only doing the big shows. Which I'd be fine with as long as it isn't all about him.

I'm really interested how the Sheamus storyline will play out. Sheamus is going to lose at Mania, no doubt, but I could easily see them continuing the feud through the summer. Maybe have Sheamus chase Hunter into (and beat him at) SummerSlam for the title.

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Xero, you and I think way too much alike. It must be all the sex we have.

Aguakate
12-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I really havent noticed hes been gone honestly, but regarldless its gonna be cool to see him back.

Come on...it's ok if you don't like him, or if you don't think he's necessary anymore, but to say you haven't noticed he's been gone? Come on, now.

Xero
12-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Xero, you and I think way too much alike. It must be all the sex we have.

:naughty:

Come on...it's ok if you don't like him, or if you don't think he's necessary anymore, but to say you haven't noticed he's been gone? Come on, now.

Honestly, I'd say I haven't really noticed him being gone until a few weeks ago. At this point I'm so accustomed to the Nexus storyline that it really filled the void of Hunter for me.

In hindsight, I really can't see how Triple H would have really fit into 2010, to be honest.

Nightwing
12-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Whats funny is I do like him. Its just one of those things I dont notice until its brought up. Alot has happened too, so that helps.

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Honestly, I'd say I haven't really noticed him being gone until a few weeks ago. At this point I'm so accustomed to the Nexus storyline that it really filled the void of Hunter for me.

In hindsight, I really can't see how Triple H would have really fit into 2010, to be honest.

I think it's because he wasn't here 2010 turned out to be an OK year. Not that I'm saying it wouldn't have been if he was around. But I think him being out helped the 'Newer' guys get pushed.

Aguakate
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
How can one say "I haven't noticed Triple H being gone" when EVERY FREAKING DAY someone here posts about when Triple H is going to come back, how he's going to come back, how he will fit in, etc?

Xero
12-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I think it's because he wasn't here 2010 turned out to be an OK year. Not that I'm saying it wouldn't have been if he was around. But I think him being out helped the 'Newer' guys get pushed.

Yeah, absolutely. 2010 was the rebuilding year, and to be honest, Hunter being out really helped that. Not saying the year wouldn't have been good/a rebuilding year, but I don't really see what he would have added.

Now, with him returning, he has a plethora of new stars to feud with, which is a good thing. He'll be a lot more fresh than he had been with previous returns.

How can one say "I haven't noticed Triple H being gone" when EVERY FREAKING DAY someone here posts about when Triple H is going to come back, how he's going to come back, how he will fit in, etc?

Well yeah, I notice it when it's brought up, but for the longest time, I hadn't missed him while actually watching the show. I never went "man, you know what that run-out of Nexus was missing? Triple H swinging a sledgehammer at their heads".

Even though that would have been hilarious.

Aguakate
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, absolutely. 2010 was the rebuilding year, and to be honest, Hunter being out really helped that. Not saying the year wouldn't have been good/a rebuilding year, but I don't really see what he would have added.

Now, with him returning, he has a plethora of new stars to feud with, which is a good thing. He'll be a lot more fresh than he had been with previous returns.

Well yeah, I notice it when it's brought up, but for the longest time, I hadn't missed him while actually watching the show. I never went "man, you know what that run-out of Nexus was missing? Triple H swinging a sledgehammer at their heads".

I've been guilty of thinking that Triple H is going to come out to attack Sheamus only the last couple weeks...especially when he won the KOTR and was sitting on his throne with the cape and crown...I was SURE Triple H was going to come out.

Nightwing
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Yeah, when someone says something im like "Oh yeah, HHH, that would be cool", but I havent watched and been like "Oh man HHH should take them/ him out".

Too many other factors this year, like said, the massive rebuilding.

Xero
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I've been guilty of thinking that Triple H is going to come out to attack Sheamus only the last couple weeks...especially when he won the KOTR and was sitting on his throne with the cape and crown...I was SURE Triple H was going to come out.

Yeah, that's pretty much when I started missing him. It's obvious Trips is coming back for Sheamus, it's just a matter of when.

I'll mark out like a bitch when King of Kings hits.

Aguakate
12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Triple H and Undertaker are the last two legends left...when they're gone, is when we'll really miss them.

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I'll mark out like a bitch when King of Kings hits.
You'll be marking out like a RSG?

Xero
12-27-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll be marking out like your and RSG's wedding nuptials.

Tazz Dan
12-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I wish I had rep left right now. I swear I owe you in about 22 hours.

KIRA
12-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Whats funny is I do like him. Its just one of those things I dont notice until its brought up. Alot has happened too, so that helps.

Honestly I agree this year HHH has ust been a non issue there has been sooo much happening my head hasnt had time to wander toward missing him.

Nicky Fives
12-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see him come back at the Rumble at #30.... clear house of like 4-5 guys leaving Punk & Cena...... HHH hits them both with Pedigrees, only for Sheamus (who was the first entrant and previously eliminated) to return and dump HHH over the top from behind as he posed on the rope following the ass-kissing he gave everyone else..... crowd would be mega-hot and Shemus could get mega-heat from it.....

Jeritron
12-28-2010, 01:54 AM
I've been wanting him to return for months now, but that's more of me wanting to be treated to a great return than anything.
HHH is great, but I don't really need to see him occupying a spot in the main event anymore. I'd like it more if he settled into the same capacity Shawn had in his final few years.

There are a handful of feuds/matches I'd love to see HHH in. CM Punk, Barrett, Danielson, The Miz. There's a ton for him to do, but winning more titles and having more matches with Cena and Orton isn't really high on the list.

Tazz Dan
12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
I've been wanting him to return for months now, but that's more of me wanting to be treated to a great return than anything.

:y:

Afterlife
12-28-2010, 07:32 AM
I have definitely noticed Triple H's absence.

The Jayman
12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I have definitely noticed James Steele's absence in this thread

Swish
12-28-2010, 09:46 AM
To be honest I think WWE has done fine without HHH being in the ring, I highly doubt we will see him returning if at all. He could be the Raw GM!!. You never know.

James Steele
12-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Silly little man...Triple H will return and compete inside a WWE ring. He better or I will unleash hell upon the internet.

DLVH84
12-29-2010, 12:42 AM
I hope he brings back the Indian Deathlock and the Pedigree Perfection (Diamond Cutter), as alternate finishers. Not replacing the Pedigree (Double Arm Facebuster) permanently, but use them every now and then as a element of surprise to his opponents, like changing up his game a little.

CSL
12-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Kind of want to set fire to you. Or at least just put a cigarette out on you or throw a sparkler at you or something.

DLVH84
12-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Why? Everyone would expect HHH to finish them off with the Pedigree. However, he could change it up and use something he hasn't used in years, to surprise not only the fans, but also his opponents, as an element of surprise, as no one would see it coming.

James Steele
12-29-2010, 01:10 AM
A) Triple H isn't going to start using the RKO ([Single Armed Ace
Crusher] similar enough to the Diamond Cutter [Double Armed Ace Crusher] be considered the same) since one of the top names in the company use it.

B) The Indian Deathlock (Figure Four Inverted Cross Heel Hold With Slight Calf Extension) would be nice to see, but the crowd cums and wallets empty when "The King of Kings" Triple H delivers a vicious Pedigree (Double Arm Groin-Trapped Facebuster) upon some mere mortal in the middle of the squared circle (wrestling ring).

and

C)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/086/c/0/Triple_h_wall_by_riikardo.jpg

Aguakate
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Triple H is going to continue using the Pedigree.

You don't spend 15 years using one finisher, and then all of a sudden change it.

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2010, 03:12 AM
I want to see Triple H return, but I want to see him also bow out to some other stars. This year has been great, and all the new established talent has created feuds for Triple H that I'd actually like to see. And say what you will, but Triple H will at least be willing to put over Sheamus and The Miz. He's high on both guys, and he's lost to them both before.

Triple H feuding with Sheamus when he returns is a must. There is too much potential there, and it wouldn't make sense not to run with it. Triple H is great when he wants to crack someone's head in with a sledgehammer, and Sheamus is really proving he belongs in the main event scene. The drama of Triple H perhaps coming back too early and having a family now and such, with his livelihood and personal safety at risk by facing Sheamus again is also a rich story with a year's build (if it lasts until WrestleMania). Just let Triple H and Sheamus have another No Holds Barred Match (I think that was the stip of their last battle), which Sheamus can win, but isn't the slaughter of Triple H he promises.

And truthfully, while this will never happen, here is one thing I want to see happen in 2011, as abstract as it is: "The King of Kings" is mocked by United States Champion, Tyson Kidd backstage. Kidd calls himself "The Crown Prince of the WWE" (like he used to), and says that he's going to be the King when Triple H is finally put out of his misery. Triple H is all "Yeah? Well, I bet I can beat you for that United States Championship. It's like the only title I have not held, so it'd make me a Grand Slam Champion of sorts." Kidd is all "Man, I don't want to face you, but you know what, I could totally beat you." The two have a match, which is competitive, and thus raises Kidd's stock, but Triple H goes over.

If I have to see Triple H with a title belt in 2011, I would love it to be the United States Title.

Jeritron
12-29-2010, 03:31 AM
I want to see the HHH/Sheamus feud end in a 3 Stages of Hell match, but there isn't really enough time for that on Wrestlemania.
It would be a great main event at any other PPV.

They could have another street-fight or regular match at Mania, but I could also see them holding off on a one-on-one matchup until Extreme Rules.
At Wrestlemania they could both find themselves in the same triple threat or fatal four way, if there's going to be one of those.
The Rumble and Chamber also keep them apart from singles action.

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2010, 11:04 PM
If the WWE scrap Hell in a Cell as a PPV concept (as they should), then Hell in a Cell at Extreme Rules makes perfect sense as a blow-off for these guys.

Impeccable
12-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Huge Triple H mark, but with the building of several new stars this year, I don't think anyone has missed him as much as when he tore his quad, or other extended absences (i.e. where he was focus of the shows).

A feud with Sheamus will happen...and makes sense to go through to Wrestlemania.

Trips appears to be fine with handling the behind the scenes stuff, and if he's actually becoming as business conscious as people say he is, then he could do a job on Smackdown. He'd beef up the roster, while also helping to put some of the younger talent over there...feuds against this new version of Kane, Edge, Drew Mcintyre, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler would all be fresh.