PDA

View Full Version : Michael Hayes

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
I found this posted on another site and thought I'd posted here for those who haven't heard about it yet...

"Many within WWE have speculated that Michael Hayes' role as the head writer of SmackDown is in jeopardy. His right hand man Chris DeJoseph was recently let go and the program has garnered dismal ratings since moving to Syfy.

In recent years, non-main event talent preferred SmackDown to RAW because there was more room for career growth. Currently, WWE's Friday night brand features veterans garnering most of the spotlight with only a few exceptions.

One WWE source said that while Hayes received much praise for pushing younger talent, his focus is generally on the veterans. Writers who have worked under him are the real reason young talent are showcased on SmackDown."

So, do you guys think it's time for Michael Hayes to be future endeavored? And if you could pick ANY one person to become the head writer of Smackdown, who would it be?

The Jayman
12-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Xero

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
What do you guys think is the best and worst thing about Smackdown right now? And what do you think could make it better? Obviously one problem is that it's on Friday nights and not everyone has access to SyFy. Or, is that two problems?

screech
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I do not think it is time for Michael Hayes to be future endeavored.

Cool King
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I'd pick Noid.

Xero
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Mark-Henry-With-Smiling-Face.jpg

screech
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Michael Hayes has more soul than Mark Henry.

Not only does he deserve to stay, he deserves a raise as well.

Johnny Vegas
12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
lol irony

Can they PLEASE hire Heyman

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
lol irony

Can they PLEASE hire Heyman

Do you think he'd keep it the Kane, Edge, Big Show, Rey Mysterio Show?

Jordan
12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Heyman is done get over it. I'd say let it develop as is, it's fine.

Ermaximus
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Best part of Smackdown: They have a lot of talent that could easily be part of the main event given the right rub and push. With the overall lack of roster depth on Smackdown, it'd be insanely easy to start pushing your future stars heavily now to get them over and into the main event. Once they're established enough in the main event, give them a try on Raw to test the waters and then go from there.

Worst part of SmackDown: Everyone keeps quitting and/or getting let go. The show also seems to be revolving around the same 10 guys at the moment. (Del Rio, Rey, Edge, Kane, Ziggler, McIntyre, Kofi, Cody, Big Show, and Zeke now.)

Jeritron
12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Smackdown's strong point has always been that it features more "wrestling" and usually makes room for more upward movement.
That's why a lot of people tend to call it the best show, but the writing is far inferior to Raw 99.9% of the time.

Aguakate
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
When he was Doc Hendrix he used to annoy the heck out of me.

Rammsteinmad
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Not 100% sure if this could be classed as on-topic or not, but whatever.

One thing I wouldn't mind with Smackdown is something special now and then. I know Raw is the flagship show and gets all the attention, and is live to, but Raw gets all the 3-hour specials, KOTR, Slammies etc... it'd be nice now and then to get a Smackdown special.

Xero
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM

One thing I wouldn't mind with Smackdown is something special now and then. I know Raw is the flagship show and gets all the attention, and is live to, but Raw gets all the 3-hour specials, KOTR, Slammies etc... it'd be nice now and then to get a Smackdown special.

But all the RAW 3-hour specials are cross-brand. So it's not like SmackDown! is missing out. Considering the ratings they pull for SmackDown!, at least in the Friday spot, I can't see it happening.

If they move nights - and after the ratings the live SmackDown! got (about a 2.5) it's possible - then maybe I could see a 3 hour special now and then. But again, it's moot because it would probably be cross-brand like the 3 hour RAWs.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-28-2010, 01:47 PM
A smackdown conversation that doesn't involve Dashing Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler? Smh...

FourFifty
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM

This wouldn't work out until recently. For years SmackDown was on MyNetworkTV (or UPN). This network allowed shows to be shown regionally. Comedy Central is going to be Comedy Central if you're in LA or New York. Same with USA and SciFi. Not the same with Fox, NBC, CBS, MyNetworkTV, etc. They have much more flexibility.
With the somewhat recent move that SmackDown has had from network to cable I wouldn't be shocked to see them at least try a 3 hour SmackDown.

DLVH84
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
No, I liked how Michael Hayes booked SmackDown! He made the show more wrestling-oriented, as opposed to RAW, which is entertainment-oriented.

I hope he makes SmackDown! become the new flagship show.

SOCCER LEGS
12-28-2010, 07:06 PM
No, I liked how Michael Hayes booked SmackDown! He made the show more wrestling-oriented, as opposed to RAW, which is entertainment-oriented.

it's hard to tell if you're trolling or just an idiot.

wait no it's not.

SOCCER LEGS
12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
i really wish they would put smackdown back on thursday night. i used to love watching smackdown while pregaming to go out thursday night. friday there is way too much shit going on to be able to focus on a wrestling show, especially one as bad as smackdown has been.

Poit
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd pick Noid.

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Yeah. Um. That's not happening anytime soon.

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
i really wish they would put smackdown back on thursday night. i used to love watching smackdown while pregaming to go out thursday night. friday there is way too much shit going on to be able to focus on a wrestling show, especially one as bad as smackdown has been.

I know it's not good to have SD on Fridays, but I'm not sure it'd do much better on Thursdays. Hell, NBC's thursday night line-up alone would kill Smackdown's ratings. All the major networks schedule their best shows for Thursday nights. What about moving Smackdown to Wednesday nights?

The Naitch
12-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Although it was always taped, I always looked at Smackdown! to be on par with RAW when it used to be on Thursday nights. Thursday was always a night that felt like Primetime similar to Monday, second half of the work week_style. Moving it to Fridays lost it's Primetime appeal

I prefer watching Edge and Kane as the top two guys at the top, but it's still lacking that "Big Time draw" (ie. The Rock in the early days of SD!, John Cena in 2003-2005, and most recently Triple H in 09)

The midcard is severely lacking. And they have pointless angles that don't go anywhere, and never seem to have any continuity to them (ie. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show this Friday)

SD! still seems like the place where the new veterans hang out just to keep them happy (ie. Kane, Big Show, Rey, and Edge). I think the whole reason why I feel that SD! is lacking as of late is because Undertaker is gone. With him active, SD! feels a little less like the B Show than it already is

And always expect Rey and other hispanic wrestlers to be on SD! forever, because that's the only channel Mexicans can afford to watch

And yeah, get rid of Racist Hayes

What about moving Smackdown to Wednesday nights?

That leaves too much of a gab between Wednesdays to Mondays. That's 5 days without your wrestling fix (unless you count NXT, Experience, Vintage Collection, and PPVs). Plus NXT is taped before RAW, so I think putting it on Tuesdays, would oversatute Mon-Wed with too much wrestling shows in a row, with a huge gap from Wed-Mon of no WWE non-recap show programming

St. Jimmy
01-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Niggers.

Shadrick
01-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Whoa.