PDA

View Full Version : Ok, let's not overexagerrate here...

Graveler
12-29-2010, 01:38 AM
But is Otunga as bad as he's made out to be on the IWC?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Probably a lot worse. We give mad points for being Charismatic like Dashing Cody Rhodes, The Miz and the Disco Inferno.

The guy has like one move that he does pretty badly. I've seen Faarooq do that move better an he was one of the stiffest workers ever.

He never has a match where he doesn't do a very long rest holds. Everybody knows that he's only in the WWE because his finance/Wife let him join because he was one of her own family members left after her brother and mother were killed in that tragic shooting. They moved to Florida for him to train and for a change of location for her to try to heal. He would be nothing without her and everybody knows it. At least K-Fed knew that he was a fucking tool and played his role well.

David Otunga thinks he's great because he dropped out of the college that Barack Obama graduated at and later taught at. He said that he is an A-list celebrity yet he's never done a major movie and his wife was in Sex in the City. He says that he has the IT factor and if you add SH to it you'd be more correct on what he truly is.

David Otunga is what Dashing Cody Rhodes theme song says: he's only smoke n mirrors to me!

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2010, 02:01 AM
No. That being said, he is pretty bad at the moment. The guy's problem is that he is green. Very, very green, and called up too early, but that isn't entirely his fault. He seems to have the determination to succeed, and I think he will end up being a Miz-like success story.

That being said, I want Otunga off my TV. But that main event level talent continue to work with him, put him over, and he hasn't apparently fucked up yet shows that he is doing his job competently from a technical standpoint, even if he is not exactly great in the ring or on the mic yet.

Razzamajazz
12-29-2010, 02:23 AM
to me it looks like he's always about to cry

Jeritron
12-29-2010, 02:41 AM
overexagerrated is an over-exaggerated word.

Tom Guycott
12-29-2010, 02:45 AM
... and uncomfortable. He seems legit unsure of himself in his promos. I'm sure (especially when he was talking to Cena 1 on 1 while he was in the Nexus) he was trying to portray himself as sneaky and disingenuine in his intentions, but his body language and mannerisms make it seem like he's just struggling to remember his lines. I mean, if you have enough confidence to call yourself "A-List", you'd better fucking ACT like you got it like that. Instead, he presents himself not as "A-List", but more like a fan who is asking himself "should I even be in the ring? What have I gotten myself into?"

That's the main turn-off. That, and his botchtacular Sloppy Slam*.

He just needs time. To be so green yet featured so prominently only serves to potentially help him in the long run, but it's painful to look at now. Hell, most of his matches have been with Cena there to carry him (like it or not, IWC, he IS technically a vet and a decent hand in the ring, no matter if you want to give him credit or not) be it as an opponent or as one of the placeholder Tag Team champs.

Noid had it right with the "potential to be a Miz-like success story", only we didn't watch totally green Miz from the get go. He was just a mouthpiece for a long while before having a nationally televised match. Otunga looks like he had less training time than Maven yet is expected to swim with the sharks.

*I decided long ago that this should be the actual name for his "spinebuster".

Tazz Dan
12-29-2010, 04:13 AM
The question is, is he as good as the IWC has made him out to be?

Juan
12-29-2010, 04:27 AM
I've seen worse

Rammsteinmad
12-29-2010, 05:16 AM
I've barely seen him do anything, and his promos aren't that brilliant.

As a stooge of the Nexus I had no problem, but with him now, seemingly getting a push, I can't say I'm too thrilled about it.

Volare
12-29-2010, 05:45 AM
I think Michael Cole had a bigger moves list than Otunga does.

SOCCER LEGS
12-29-2010, 08:12 AM
no he's fine... he's basically the second mouthpiece of the nexus behind barrett and now cena. do you really think anybody else in nexus would be better on the mic? no, that's why they're rarely given mic time.

Tom Guycott
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Tarver proved he could do it, then... ???

Unrelated: anyone else think Husky should start wearing a singlet with question marks all over it and start doing a moonsault for his finisher, or am I the only one who thinks this is a laughing matter?

Shadrick
12-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Personally, I like Otunga. Give him time, and he'll shine.

whiteyford
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
He does suck, but like Noid said he's just really green. He can only get better over time, a move to smackdown might help him eventually.

Xero
12-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I think Michael Cole had a bigger moves list than Otunga does.

No Mercy would confirm this.

Wolfpack423
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Probably a lot worse. We give mad points for being Charismatic like Dashing Cody Rhodes, The Miz and the Disco Inferno.

The guy has like one move that he does pretty badly. I've seen Faarooq do that move better an he was one of the stiffest workers ever.

He never has a match where he doesn't do a very long rest holds. Everybody knows that he's only in the WWE because his finance/Wife let him join because he was one of her own family members left after her brother and mother were killed in that tragic shooting. They moved to Florida for him to train and for a change of location for her to try to heal. He would be nothing without her and everybody knows it. At least K-Fed knew that he was a fucking tool and played his role well.

David Otunga thinks he's great because he dropped out of the college that Barack Obama graduated at and later taught at. He said that he is an A-list celebrity yet he's never done a major movie and his wife was in Sex in the City. He says that he has the IT factor and if you add SH to it you'd be more correct on what he truly is.

David Otunga is what Dashing Cody Rhodes theme song says: he's only smoke n mirrors to me!

I actually thought Disco Inferno was decent enough in the ring. He put on good matches. David Otunga may be the worst wrestler to come along in some time. Cody Rhodes is decent enough in the ring but I don't think his promos are anything special. The Miz has great charisma and can sometimes cut a good promo like he did on RAW this week, but otherwise his wrestling skills are blah.

The Pope
12-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes

Schlomey
12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
his look/ring work/body type bore the ever loving piss out of me.

St. Jimmy
12-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Cancer flavoured Cancer, he is.

Wishbone
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I think the IWC has given Otunga a bad rap he's bad but not quite as horrible as we like to believe then again thow that's just my opinion

The Naitch
12-29-2010, 07:22 PM
his trunks are too skimpy. Looks like he's wrestling in a speedo at times

and yeah, his face always seems to be wet. Either with sweat from being too nervous, or he's crying inside

Johnny Vegas
12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I think the IWC has given Otunga a bad rap he's bad but not quite as horrible as we like to believe then again thow that's just my opinion

Graveler
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM

I agree. I've been rewatching NXT Season 1 and while it's clear that he's very green, he's simply not the so called botch machine everyone seems to claim. I think that with time and dedication, he can improve.

Juan
12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I think everyone's problem with Otnga stems from the fact that he's Jennifer Hudson's husband and was probably signed to a contract for that fact alone.

Like I said before, I've definitely seen worse.

MIZantine Empire
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Tarver proved he could do it, then... ???

Unrelated: anyone else think Husky should start wearing a singlet with question marks all over it and start doing a moonsault for his finisher, or am I the only one who thinks this is a laughing matter?
i get what u did there ! but i seriously doubt harris can do a moonsault