PDA

View Full Version : Nexus/CM Punk

Emeye
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I was looking around, and I don't see any Nexus/Punk threads. If there is another one, my apologies, and please delete this.

Nothing really particular here, just want to have a discussion on the whole angle. Do you think anybody will help Cena fight back? Do you think that Nexus will win any more championships? Where do you want this angle to go, and where do you see it going?

Discuss.

Emeye
01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Also, I don't know how to do the spoiler tag since I mainly read the topics here rather then post, so I'll just do it like this...

SPOILER

I read that Wade Barrett is going to Smackdown. I was assuming he might turn baby face and help Cena battle Nexus, but I guess not.

Tazz Dan
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Fixed :y:

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I imagine Cena will overcome the odds. Not trying to be clever, but I don't see it happening differently. Could just be a fun ride along the way, cuz Punk is the man (see: mang).

Heisenberg
01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
All I know is, this Nexus piss is gonna end when Vince feels the new guys can carry themselves as singles stars.

jkman61494
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
The only ones that seem like they COULD be singles stars are Gabriel and Otunga (only for his name value). I think Henning's son (I won't even try to spell his name) has the LOOK but he's really not been given any time to shine yet.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Otunga has no fucking name value, OK? He's married to Jennifer Hudson. So what?

VSG
01-06-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwefeaturepage/features/11towatch2011/

This is a feature list edited by Joey Styles. Otunga at 7, Sheffield at 5. Fuck Otunga.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Skip Sheffield is the man. Too bad he can't stay healthy.

Anybody Thrilla
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwefeaturepage/features/11towatch2011/

This is a feature list edited by Joey Styles. Otunga at 7, Sheffield at 5. Fuck Otunga.

Pretty good list, though.

VSG
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Ya, leave Otunga and you got a good top 10. Ted diBiase Jr. is missing conspicuously though. I would replace Tamina with him, and if it HAS to be a diva then probably AJ Lee if she counts as a WWE wrestler. She has been given a major push on FCW recently.

BizarroKing
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Nex-SES

Snowden
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Baring Cena's injury (which I have no idea how severe it is), the program will probably carry through to WM, where Cena gives the fans the feel good moment of ending the Nexus for good.

I am expecting fantastic stick work from Punk during the process though, and either Punk eliminating Cena from the RR due to Nexus chicanery, or Punk pinning Cena at Elimination Chamber. He'll get some measure of victory along the way.

Heisenberg
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Just glad there's not a 450 splash thread...

Damian Rey
01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I was looking around, and I don't see any Nexus/Punk threads. If there is another one, my apologies, and please delete this.

Nothing really particular here, just want to have a discussion on the whole angle. Do you think anybody will help Cena fight back? Do you think that Nexus will win any more championships? Where do you want this angle to go, and where do you see it going?

Discuss.

I think a lot of the potential direction is leaning heavily on the severity of Cena's recent injury. If he's hurt for an extended period of time and unable to actually get in the ring, the ideal situation would be to have CM Punk's Nexus run rampant on raw and actually take over.

If healthy by then, a returning Cena could disband the Nexus all together at Mania in a match with CM Punk. I don't think a title needs to be involved here, as Cena's program with Nexus hasn't been about championships or being "the man" like it was with Batista last year.

If Cena's injury is not serious at all, I still feel they will run the program through Mania, but with Cena doing the usual fightnig off of Nexus until the PPV where he comes through with a victory.

The wildcard is also CM Punk. He has the past credentials to be taken as more of a threat right off the bat then Barrett did when the angle started. His character has shown in the past that he doesn't necessarily need extra help to win big matches and championships. So how they book him when he does finally go against Cena will be interesting. One would have ot think Nexus would start gaining some victories until Mania where Cena would finally win out.