PDA

View Full Version : Got a tryout to write for the Hockey Hall of Fame

Gertner
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
I have never mentioned this before but I write fantasy hockey articles for websites on my spare time. I used to do it a lot, got out of it because I got busy with work and stuff, but am starting back up again because I got contacted by a website. Anyways, the guy who owns the site is a former writer for foxsports.com and I used to write for him in the past. He was aware that I'm a huge hockey historian. I generally read 1 book a week on various eras with my era of expertise being the 40's and the World Hockey Association.
He put me in contact with the editor of the Hockey Hall of Fame's editor of their publication and he offered me a tryout as a writer. I have to submit an well researched article to him and if he likes it I'm going to be writing for them. Pretty jacked. It's gonna keep me very busy along with my fantasy hockey writing that I do, and I might start doing my podcast again with the owner of the website that I'm writing for. I have my idea set so I'll probably be bunkered down doing more extensive research. We'll see what happens.

The Mackem
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
When you say 'fantasy' do you mean pretend?

Good luck.

El Fangel
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Nice. I started up a column myself but dont have many readers.

Gertner
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
When I say fantasy hockey I mean articles to help gamblers and people in hockey pools.

CSL
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
That's 'pretty sweet'. Good luck.

weather vane
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Do an article on how Lucic only fights small guys.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Does Fantasy Hockey have a stat for the number of fights won? They should.

parkmania
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Does Fantasy Hockey have a stat for the number of fights won? They should.

Define "won". A lot of fights have one guy dominate, only to end up on their back/butt from one lucky punch or a small slip/trip.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Define "won". A lot of fights have one guy dominate, only to end up on their back/butt from one lucky punch or a small slip/trip.

One stat for: Punches Thrown/Landed average. Make it like shots on goal and goal average.

Gertner
01-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Check out dropyourgloves.com for stats like that. Oh and Spilly, love thayt bitch Lucic Sucker punching a guy half the size of him. Lucic is such a fucking puss.

Nicky Fives
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm a regular gambler on NHL hockey..... the more information and viewpoints out there gives guys like me different tidbits of inforation that can either support or reject my bet..... If you write it, I will read it......

Gertner
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I do very well on gambling on hockey. Feel free to send pm me with some questions.