PDA

View Full Version : Why did Sting decide to never come to WWE?

The Naitch
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
FILL ME IN

Razzamajazz
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktxW0vidElE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktxW0vidElE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Naitch
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
thanks for filling me in

Rammsteinmad
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure during the late 90's I read all this stuff about how he didn't want to go to WWE because of the content at the time (the Attitude Era) and he felt WWE wasn't the right company for him, based on morals and principals.

BigDaddyCool
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktxW0vidElE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktxW0vidElE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol at the end "Hey McMahon, put that in your pipe and smoke it." Totally pwned him dude. WWE will never get over the fact they couldn't sign Sting.

Now to comment on what Sting was saying, did he not ever watch the Rock? The Rock's entire gimmick was putting people down, not remembering their names and interrupting them while they told him who they were. He treated everyone like that.

A better comment would have been about the burial of DDP.

Also when Sting was naming the big names of WCW, he was naming the big names that started in WWF. And they did ok in WWE when they went back. Also the WCW stars that were made in WCW and went to WWF before the merger did well for themselves, you know Bigshow, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, that dead canadian.

BigDaddyCool
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I've always gotten the vibe from Sting that he never liked Vince or got it in his head that because he was WCW guy for so long that he would never be able to get over in WWE because Vince is the kind of guy that will constantly pull the carpet out from under you.

JimmyMess
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Sting was getting huge money from WCW at a time when WWF couldn't match Nash's $750 000,$850 000,950 000 guaranteed contracts...

by the time WCW got purchased by WWF... Sting could either stay at home and make his money like the majority of the main eventers... or give back half and go work for Vince. Furthermore, he was ready to wind his career down I feel.

After that TNA formed, gave Sting solid money and limited dates. Why go work for Vince and bust your balls for 260-300 dates a year? Right now Sting must be totally liquid, just covered for life.

BigDaddyCool
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, I have heard he is good with his money. But still, I don't it was all money. Why not work with some big names that he never did in WCW, like Austin, Rock, HHH, or HBK. Also him and Mick Foley are good friends.

MoFo
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Legacy wise, I think he'd be better off staying away from WWE. Hes already the most famous guy never to have worked their, and even if he did go there the fans would only be interested in an Undertaker match. He hasnt really got much to gain by going there.

JimmyMess
01-11-2011, 11:13 PM
This happened 4 or 5 years too late for the likes of a Sting/WWE deal.

DrA
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
It's good that he never went to the WWE. His time there would be have fun for about a month before the novelty wore off, and after that he would just be another wrestler who couldn't resist cashing in. He's managed to maintain a unique success in a business where most will eventually tarnish up their careers.

Swiss Ultimate
01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
The WWE HAD to bury Booker T...WCW at the end had changed his gimmick to rip off The Rock, not Booker's fault, but remember when they were calling him The Book and he changed his finisher to the Rock Bottom/Book End?

Killing that gimmick was the best thing they could have done, and it's not like they didn't allow him to come back as Booker T and then King Booker.

Theo Dious
01-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Now to comment on what Sting was saying, did he not ever watch the Rock? The Rock's entire gimmick was putting people down, not remembering their names and interrupting them while they told him who they were. He treated everyone like that.

Not to mention that what he describes as their first meeting is entirely incorrect. Booker interrupted an in-ring promo by the Rock and talked for several minutes before the Rock made the "who in the blue hell are you" remark.

I have no problems with Sting's reasoning. If he was concerned about how he would be used, it was probably for the best that he didn't sign on. But get your facts straight, Steve.

The Pope
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah and it was on Smackdown! not RAW.

JimmyMess
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
The only huge names Sting didn't work with as main eventers go were Austin, Rock & HBK....

I don't peg Steve Borden as a mark for the business. It was his job, and he did it well.

taker707
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
The only huge names Sting didn't work with as main eventers go were Austin, Rock & HBK....

I don't peg Steve Borden as a mark for the business. It was his job, and he did it well.

Sting technically did work with Steve Austin. When Steve was in WCW and you forgot taker

JimmyMess
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Sting technically did work with Steve Austin. When Steve was in WCW and you forgot taker

Yes and 'taker.

As for Austin yeah I knew they were in WCW together, but I meant Austin when he was a major player... Stone Cold...

plus I'm sure he saw the scenario coming from a mile away. They would never let Sting go over 'taker or Austin in WWF.

YoungFlyFlashy
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I have always thought that there was more to this story that Sting is not letting onto, because his reasoning of not joining does not hold any ground what so ever. I mean if you look at the wrestlers that left WCW because they were unhappy, didn't most of them become World Champions in the WWE? Flair when he first left? Big Show? Rey? Chris Benoit? Eddie? Jericho? Austin? Mick Foley? Of course you had some that didn't but I think when you compare those that did and didn't, it is even enough to understand that WWE was going after one thing, and that was who was hot, not who had the political stroke in the back like WCW.

And the Booker T. example what just a cop out, because Booker as we all know went on to do great things with WWE, and even win a World Title and they kept him in the main event hunt practically the whole time.

So Sting needs to one day man up and just tell the truth.

JimmyMess
01-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I have always thought that there was more to this story that Sting is not letting onto, because his reasoning of not joining does not hold any ground what so ever. I mean if you look at the wrestlers that left WCW because they were unhappy, didn't most of them become World Champions in the WWE? Flair when he first left? Big Show? Rey? Chris Benoit? Eddie? Jericho? Austin? Mick Foley? Of course you had some that didn't but I think when you compare those that did and didn't, it is even enough to understand that WWE was going after one thing, and that was who was hot, not who had the political stroke in the back like WCW.

And the Booker T. example what just a cop out, because Booker as we all know went on to do great things with WWE, and even win a World Title and they kept him in the main event hunt practically the whole time.

So Sting needs to one day man up and just tell the truth.

Man up and tell the truth? About what... he doesn't give a fuck about establishing a WWE legacy... he's the only "name" that never went there and he's on the same level as all of the main event guys of the era.

Just doesn't care that much IMO...

Fox
01-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Simple. Steve Borden is a devout Christian (not an HBK "using Christianity to make up for my shitty asshole associated history"), and Vince McMahon is the devil. Easy.

Shisen Kopf
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Sting is upset that Shawn Michaels got to team with God on a ppv and he didn't