PDA

View Full Version : Hey, here's a WrestleMania rumour for ya... *SPOILERS YOU IDIOT*

Supreme Olajuwon
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
WRESTLING icon Sting is being pursued by both WWE and TNA.

The multiple-time WCW champion is the only legend of the modern era NEVER to have worked for Vince McMahon.
But with WrestleMania in WCW's previous home of Atlanta this year, it is thought McMahon wants Sting to be a part of the show and inducted into the Hall of Fame.
The grappler — real name Steve Borden — is currently a free agent after his TNA contract came to an end late last year. He had been a main event star for Dixie Carter's group since 2003.
WWE's Jim Ross this week blogged: "We're getting lots of emails and tweets regarding Sting these days. Has he left TNA? I actually don't know the answer to that one but suspect that Sting is still officially with TNA.
"Nonetheless many fans hope that he is inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame in Atlanta at WrestleMania 27.
"Theoretically, if Sting were not working for another wrestling company, it would be a splendid idea. It still might be but that's not for me to speculate on.
"Sting was the first and only WCW star that Ted Turner's people 'made' in Atlanta that never wrestled for WWE as best that I recall."
However, The Stinger's old boss Eric Bischoff — now a key member of the TNA roster — told Monday Night Mayhem that his friend will most likely stick with the place he knows best.
Bischoff said: "If I had to guess, and if he is going to sign another agreement, which I'm not sure he is going to do at this stage of his career, my bet would be that he is going to sign with TNA.
"I'm not sure what Sting's motivations are at this point.
"I know physically he's told me on more than one occasion that it's getting harder and harder to deliver the type of performances that he wants to deliver in the ring for his fans. That's got to be a big part of his consideration.
"Realistically, if he would go to the WWE, there would be some additional pressure, much more than in TNA, to perform in the ring, and that would be a hard thing for him to do at this point in his career."

BizarroKing
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Problem is I would have expected him to be the 1st inductee announced...then again, he did never work for Vince and Shawn has been a loyalist...

If he is not the 2nd one announced, I doubt he's getting in this year.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Or he could be the last one announced as the big surprise.

chrisat928
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Just sign a legends deal with WWE Sting. No wrestling needed, a HoF induction, a WWE backed DVD with involvement from Sting, appearances in video games, action figures, etc.

No reason to stay in TNA.

Tazz Dan
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Or he could be the last one announced as the big surprise.

Nicky Fives
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
WWE will start off big with HBK, and SHOULD Sting be inducted, he WILL be the last name announced.....

If the situation does occur, I imagine he'll be inducted, then have a match on the card to say that he wrestled for Vince once.....and ftr, I'd give my left nut for his opponent to be Taker.....

Loose Cannon
01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
or maybe the 4th to really throw people for a loop

itsmeJD
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Just sign a legends deal with WWE Sting. No wrestling needed, a HoF induction, a WWE backed DVD with involvement from Sting, appearances in video games, action figures, etc.

No reason to stay in TNA.

Wasn't Sting getting like half a mil a year in TNA? Pretty damn good reason for me to stay and wrestle 5-6 times a year....

Tazz Dan
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
You don't think Vince would offer the same if not more?

Rammsteinmad
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I know Sting was never in WWE, but if he was to be inducted in the HOF it would be nice for him to be the main inductee, whom this years honor goes to Shawn Michaels. I'd save Sting for another year.

The Naitch
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6800000/The-Main-Event-Mafia-tna-wrestling-6813244-800-644.jpg

bigslimjj
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
WWE will start off big with HBK, and SHOULD Sting be inducted, he WILL be the last name announced.....

If the situation does occur, I imagine he'll be inducted, then have a match on the card to say that he wrestled for Vince once.....and ftr, I'd give my left nut for his opponent to be Taker..... I don't want to see him wrestle Taker. Because I don't want him to lose his last match. I still think he will wrestle his greatest opponent, Ric Flair in both of their last matches at BFG next year.That's how I want to see him go out. When I was young I hated Hogan. I din't care for Warrior. I was a Sting and Vader fan...wait a minute new idea. VADER for HOF!

Savio
01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6800000/The-Main-Event-Mafia-tna-wrestling-6813244-800-644.jpgLook at those future Hall of Famers...and Scott Steiner.

Xero
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Honestly? I don't think so. There's nothing at this point that would be a "Dream Match" in WWE with Sting other than Taker. If this were a few years ago, you'd have many more reasons to keep him around. Flair and Michaels coming to mind immediately. But I don't think WWE would keep him around for more than a one-off with Taker.

Okay, maybe he'd get the equivalent, but no way he'd be around for more than one angle. That ship sailed a few years ago.

TheAdamEvansFan
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Scott Steiner is hated more than Bubba Ray Dudley and myself combined!

Can you believe that fella?

Xero
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I want Steiner in the Hall of Fame just for the acceptance speech. And to be inducted by Sheik.

MoFo
01-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I would mark the fuck out if Sting appeared in the rafters during the Rumble, no matter how out of shape he is now.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I want Steiner in the Hall of Fame just for the acceptance speech. And to be inducted by Sheik.

Shiek: Dis jabronie stole mah move! He called it Steiner Recliner! He's worst than michael jackson! I put you in camel clutch! Make you huuumble! Show how do do the move right! Ladies and gentleman, 2011 hall of famer Scott Stinger!!!!

parkmania
01-11-2011, 06:06 PM

Honestly? I don't think so. There's nothing at this point that would be a "Dream Match" in WWE with Sting other than Taker. If this were a few years ago, you'd have many more reasons to keep him around. Flair and Michaels coming to mind immediately. But I don't think WWE would keep him around for more than a one-off with Taker.

Okay, maybe he'd get the equivalent, but no way he'd be around for more than one angle. That ship sailed a few years ago.

A couple appearances and the merchandising money that could be made? Vince'd wet himself at the opportunity.

jerichoholicninja
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Do current WWE fans even know who Sting is? I can't see a whole lot of money to be made off of Sting other than DVD's.

Savio
01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I would just like him put in the hall of fame.

Jeritron
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM

I agree that his stock is WAY down from where it would have been in 2003. All of the WCW dream matches and attitude era stuff has really sailed.
The modern audience doesn't care/know about a lot of this stuff.

But I do think WWE would see having Sting around for a short time as a good move, and they obviously have the money to outbid TNA and not blow money doing it.
Honestly, signing him to a merchandising, HOF and one-match deal would be all that's worth it. But worth it.

VSG
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I would still mark out to hear "The Crow" theme again.

Tazz Dan
01-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Sting is the one guy who Vince never had. Without even wrestling a match I'm sure he'd spare no expense at getting him onboard. Like parkmania said, the merchandising returns would be amazing.

Tazz Dan
01-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Also when I made my first post I was talking about money, not matches.

Xero
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, that's true.

Would love a Sting DVD.

Mr. C
01-11-2011, 11:30 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/298/a/7/wrestlemania_27__by_zt0-d31hyjh.png

The only option is The Undertaker, and Sting can bring in interest.

VSG
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
That's pretty good.

Jeritron
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Yea but if Sting is brought in to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania (which is almost the only worthy scenario), he's gotta lose.
He shouldn't snap the streak, especially at this stage and in his only match. That would be absurd.

So what you're looking at, is bringing Sting into the company for 1 match, to lose.
I'm fine with that, since it would be awesome just for the hype and build.
But how do you think he would feel about that? Him and a lot of others would probably say it's not worth it.

Maybe it would be better suited for Summerslam. It has to be Taker though, or HHH. Aside from those two, I can't think of anyone else who's even moderately interesting to see in a match with Sting now.
He's a holdover from older eras, and the only real payoffs would have also have history in those eras. I don't think Sting vs Orton, Cena or Sheamus is very exciting.
A match with Shawn would have been great, but it's too late now and I don't want to see him dragged out of retirement for anything.

DLVH84
01-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Well, since Sting hasn't signed with anyone yet, it's anybody's game.

Especially with Sting healing his shoulder right now.

XL
01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Jeri beat me to it but WCW loyalist Sting v WWE loyalist HBK would make for a decent set-up.

Obviously not if Shawn intends to keep his word on retirement (which, lets face it, wrestlers rarely do).

ooTin
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/298/a/7/wrestlemania_27__by_zt0-d31hyjh.png

This has to be one of the sickest WrestleMania poster I have ever seen! But if it were real Sting would fall to the Undertaker and I have my doubts that Sting would want to loose his first and possibly his last match in the WWE.

itsmeJD
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
A couple appearances and the merchandising money that could be made? Vince'd wet himself at the opportunity.

I kinda feel like if this were the case, Vince would have written the blank check back when Sting was more relevant. I'm not saying Vince doesn't want him per say, but only at the right price. Obviously with the moral issues Sting had with the E inthe past, and wanting to be used correctly (see Invasion and DDP) I think Sting's price would be a little higher than what Vince would wanna pay considering what he'll get from Sting at this point in his career. He can do the DVD w/o Sting if he so chooses. He owns the footage. Yeah it'd be nice for Sting for be a part of it, but that's never stopped Vince before (see Macho and Warrior).

For the record, I too think it would be cool for him to go out w/ a HOF induction, but my original post was simply stating he had a pretty nice reason to hang in TNA as he was getting paid to do very little.

Hanso Amore
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
HBK vs Sting

WWEs Icon vs WCW Icon

Hall of Famers.

YoungFlyFlashy
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Can't be this year...it would be a waste, Sting needs to be a HOF main attraction, not share it, same goes for HBK.

Mr. C
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
This has to be one of the sickest WrestleMania poster I have ever seen! But if it were real Sting would fall to the Undertaker and I have my doubts that Sting would want to loose his first and possibly his last match in the WWE.

Sting said in an interview he’d love to wrestle The Undertaker one day, so there’s a possibility of the match.

Damian Rey
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't personally care if he's not the "main attraction" at the HOF ceremony. Fact of the matter is he's a free agent. We don't know what TNA is planning, but it's unlikely to think they're not interested in retaining him and this may the last legitimate opportunity for WWE to sign him.

He doesn't have to wrestle, or be the "main attraction" at the ceremony. The mere idea of him actually appearing on WWE television would be worth it alone. I'd much rather see him in a segment at Mania beating someone down and locking the Scorpion Deathlock on in a one off ala Hogan in 2005 than actually trying to pull a match out of him in front of an audience that doesn't know, nor probably cares that he's in the ring.

Sixx
01-14-2011, 06:27 AM

Undertaker looks like he smelled a fart here.

Kane Knight
01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Wasn't Sting getting like half a mil a year in TNA? Pretty damn good reason for me to stay and wrestle 5-6 times a year....

Oh snap. No way WWE could afford to offer that kind of money.

Loose Cannon
01-14-2011, 10:30 AM
how in the world would you book that Sting/Taker match being as realistic as possible? Well let me rephrase, how would you book the finish to the match being realistic as possible?

I would hate to feed Sting to the streak with his very first match.

Xero
01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
You don't do it at Mania. You do it at SummerSlam.

Chavo Classic
01-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Sting's major gripe with the WWE was always the adult themes and touchy content. Now that the product is family-friendly, there's no reason why he shouldn't at least sign a short term contract. The money they're offering him must be immense, so if he didn't take it he's either too stupid or too stubborn.

Loose Cannon
01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
You don't do it at Mania. You do it at SummerSlam.

yea, that's what I had in my head, but it's certianly a Wrestlemania match. You could maybe have Sting show up at Mania during the Taker match, but now I'm starting to get into fantasy booking...

MoFo
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
It'd probably have to be a gimmick match anyway, as neither guy is in great shape for a straight up match. It would probably be as bad as Lesnar/Goldberg.

itsmeJD
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh snap. No way WWE could afford to offer that kind of money.

I never said that. I'm sure they could offer that and then some, but at the same time maybe the feel Sting isn't NECESSARY at that price. Everybody's got a price (for the Million Dollar Man, and Vince), but evidently Vince never offered enough for Sting to put his morals aside, and I was saying it seemed as if TNA offered MORE money or either offered LESS work than Vince was willing to offer. It's all speculation, but at this stage in his career, and what he's able to offer in terms of in-ring product, maybe Vince isn't willing to write the blank check that would make Sting jump.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I had no idea Sting was 51. Holy shit.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Woah, nor did I. Fuck he's looked after himself.

Ermaximus
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM

Makes 3 of us. He's clearly one of those guys that could go a few more years too, but sparingly.

Mr. C
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
If the WWE has offered Sting a deal, I hope he accepts. For one, they're now more in line with his beliefs. TNA is filling the gap WWE left when they made the decision to go PG. Sting would fit right into this image. Secondly, it would be great to see him and The Undertaker in the ring. Both were at the top of their companies in their heydays.

I'd keep it pretty simple. Announce the match two and a half months before WrestleMania. Give Sting a match each month to "get back in shape against competition." Those can be against mid carders who aren't doing much to give Sting some wins, and they've got plenty of footage to build him up as a legend. The buildup would be out of this world, and the match itself could be good.

Fox
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I would love to see Sting in the WWE Hall of Fame and wrestling a match at Mania. I've always dreamed of Taker/Sting, but I definitely wouldn't want to see it at Mania where Sting would most asuredly lose.

Sting versus The Miz could be an entertaining match, or maybe Sting versus a returning Chris Jericho. It needs to be someone a little bit younger who can still go and who can carry the match, as Sting is getting up there in the years and can't go in the ring like he used to. The storyline is pretty easy: Sting shows up, the heel comes out and calls him a washed up WCW star who has never belonged in the WWE, Sting fights back and says he's here for all his little Stingers out there, and we have a Mania match made.

With the talk of Goldberg possibly being in the HOF and working a match at Mania, maybe we could see a tag team match with Sting and Goldberg teaming up against two WWE heels? Not really sure who, but I could see it working.

Mr. C
01-15-2011, 11:55 PM
A couple of promos and a match with The Undertaker wouldn’t kill his legacy, not to mention being inducted into the Hall of Fame. That match alone would bring in a lot of buys for WrestleMania.

Damian Rey
01-16-2011, 12:05 AM
A couple of promos and a match with The Undertaker wouldn’t kill his legacy, not to mention being inducted into the Hall of Fame. That match alone would bring in a lot of buys for WrestleMania.

True, but why in God's name would Sting want to come to WWE only to be jobbed out to their most fabled character? It's not a good decision on his part. He doesn't NEED the money, and let's face it, the HOF doesn't mean all that much to these guys. It's just a plaque, a ring, and a paycheck.

Sting needs none of those things. Not to mention, didn't he state that one of his reasons for not signing when WCW was bought out is that he see guys from WCW like Booker get ridiculed and buried, and doesn't want that?

If they really want Sting in a match or having some sort of physical involvement at Mania, either try and build a tag match with he and Goldberg as mentioned, or run a skit where some up and coming heel who isn't part of Mania's match card gets in the ring, rips Atlanta, rips WCW, and then gets owned by WCW's favorite son.

Kane Knight
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I never said that. I'm sure they could offer that and then some, but at the same time maybe the feel Sting isn't NECESSARY at that price. Everybody's got a price (for the Million Dollar Man, and Vince), but evidently Vince never offered enough for Sting to put his morals aside, and I was saying it seemed as if TNA offered MORE money or either offered LESS work than Vince was willing to offer. It's all speculation, but at this stage in his career, and what he's able to offer in terms of in-ring product, maybe Vince isn't willing to write the blank check that would make Sting jump.

which would make sense if legends deals weren't pretty light to begin with and hadn't been mentioned. You know, the very post you replied to.

This is a far cry from any prior reason Vince might want Sting. Not only does most of your reasoning only show up after the fact, but was pre-addressed.

So...Ummm...Good?

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2011, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't do The Undertaker vs. Sting at WrestleMania. I never watched WCW during its tenure, so maybe I'm missing something, but to me it would just be "too old." I think the boat has sailed on that match being a main show draw, and would rather see Taker create some new stars by adding them to his WrestleMania resume. There's just too many existing stories featuring The Undertaker to not capitalise on them. Wade Barrett and Kane are two guys who come to mind.

That being said, I would not mind seeing Sting debut AT WrestleMania, specifically in The Undertaker's match. Imagine this: Wade Barrett has challenged The Undertaker's streak, and manages to hold his own with The Dead Man. But when it looks like Taker has the match locked, Wade Barrett goes dirty, and would even take a DQ victory over Taker. He positions himself so Taker takes out the referee with a right hand or a flying clothesline or something, and then Nexus storms the ring. They beat-down Taker, and it looks like Barrett is going to cheat his way to a victory. The lights then go out, and when they come on again, Sting is in the ring with a baseball bat. He takes out each member of the shocked Nexus, and then Taker hits Barrett with a Tombstone as Charles Robinson does an epic run to the ring.

To maybe make this more intriguing, prior to the match, Taker can tell guys like John Cena and R-Truth that he wants to do this himself. It puts them over by putting them on Taker's speaking level, but the story is that Taker knows he is against Nexus, but wants to prove he can defend his yard...on his own. When Sting gets involved, in a way, it is a challenge to Taker's legacy.

SmackDown! rolls around, and the Dead Man says he has no idea what Sting's intentions were at WrestleMania, but he knows that he wanted no help, and yet Sting provided it. Taker tells Sting to know his place. It's just a shame his place went out of business ten years ago. That episode of SmackDown! also features Wade Barrett and his troops dealing with their feathers being ruffled by Sting. Wade Barrett says that the man was an icon ten years ago, but they are icons now, so if Sting shows up they will be ready and beat him to a pulp like they do everyone.

The dominant storyline on SmackDown! then becomes The Undertaker and Sting (separately) dealing with Wade Barrett's group. Perhaps we could even see them on the same side in a War Games Match at Extreme Rules, which I feel they could bring back to boost that PPV? Eventually, as Xero suggested, you build to Taker vs. Sting at SummerSlam -- or fuck, even prior if there is a PPV that will allow it.

Mr. C
01-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Kane is out as the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, but still has to battle The Undertaker so he can get his revenge. Before Elimination Chamber, Kane recounts how he buried Undertaker, only to be shocked as Undertaker appears on stage.

Kane, the next week at the start of the show, claims he's not afraid of Undertaker and an ally of his has come to assist him once again and introduces Wade Barrett. Barrett then claims that he's happy to assist Kane, setting up a match between Undertaker and Barrett that night.

During the match, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, and Justin Gabriel come down to ringside. Knowing what's about to happen, the referee disqualifies Barrett as Jackson, Slater, and Gabriel get in the ring, but the lights go out and come back on. Jackson, Slater, Gabriel, and Barrett are out cold while STING STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Sting doesn't say a word, ending the show.

Next week, Kane and Barrett face Sting and Undertaker. Barrett has had enough and walks out, allowing Sting to hit Kane with the Scorpion Death Drop and get the pin.

Finally, at Elimination Chamber, Undertaker beats Kane in a Last Ride Match, ending their feud.

Undertaker, on the next SmackDown, declares his next goal is to regain the World Heavyweight Championship, but the lights go out and come back on. Sting appears in the middle of the ring and explains he came to WWE because there's something he's been wanting to do before he calls it a career. He ends that statement by attacking Undertaker with his bat.

The next week on SmackDown, Vince McMahon comes out and demands Sting come out to confront him. He says that Sting can face Undertaker at WrestleMania if Sting can beat the best WWE has to offer. He invites Sting Monday night on RAW to face an opponent.

Monday on RAW, Sting makes his highly anticipated RAW debut against Sheamus. He ducks the Brogue Kick and locks Sheamus in the Scorpion Death Lock, making him tap out while Undertaker watches from the ramp, and the match is on.