PDA

View Full Version : just curious

MIZantine Empire
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
how come in a non street fight, or anything that isnt basically hardcore rules, when a wrestler throws another one into the steel steps or the barracade its not a dq? just curious on what the deal with that is.

MoFo
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Because its not actually 'striking' someone w/ an object I assume.

Dunno, never rly questioned it tbh.

The Fugitive
01-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Would assume it's the old Simpsons swinging arms/kicking rule. The wrestler is going to whip his opponent away from him and if he just happens to hit something solid along the way, it's the opponent's own fault.

But more seriously, I would assume the match would continue unless the offending wrestler moved the steps. The touching of the steps would change it from being part of the ring to a foreign object. A bit harder to move a barricade to use as a weapon, unless it's one of those movable metallic guard rails.

CSL
01-12-2011, 08:50 PM
What the gay, I typed a response out to this and could have sworn I posted it. But yeah, it basically said what's been posted. If there was actually some kind of rulebook, I'd guess it's because that stuff is part of the environment as opposed to manually changing that (exposing a buckle etc) or actively seeking out a weapon. Or just because it's convenient, you'd have some shitarse sending guys into the steps or the barrier without thinking even if it was supposed to be 'illegal' because of their location/prevalence.

MIZantine Empire
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
What the gay, I typed a response out to this and could have sworn I posted it. But yeah, it basically said what's been posted. If there was actually some kind of rulebook, I'd guess it's because that stuff is part of the environment as opposed to manually changing that (exposing a buckle etc) or actively seeking out a weapon. Or just because it's convenient, you'd have some shitarse sending guys into the steps or the barrier without thinking even if it was supposed to be 'illegal' because of their location/prevalence.
thx..that makes sense. just one of those things i wondered for awhile now. i appreciate all the response, thx guys